212,821 to 212,840 of 232,809 messages
03/12/2012 at 19:57
Ahh right that's not the bling I've been looking at
03/12/2012 at 20:11
We haven't got our heating on

Log burner is roaring though
XB
03/12/2012 at 20:45

Evening. Just the burner going here too.

Not sure about that Chuggs.

I nearly walked out of work today. It was fecking freezing. Probably the coldest I've ever been until Mr Heating Engineer came to fix the boiler.

03/12/2012 at 21:28

been quite mild down here today, shame I was stuck in work!  Heating isnt on, just the little living room fire, TBH I've been trying to cut down on the heating because of the bills.  Bloody maddness.

Best move EVER is on telly next sunday - Elf.  Its a classic!

03/12/2012 at 22:07

Nogs, 'we' are VERY grand, with a menu like that!  XB posted a nice one from the BBC last week, and I've used quite a few of them this year. Who'd a thought dear old Aunty would turn out to be such a good cook?

Hm,, all these nice things: bling, silver....think I'm asking for the wrong stuff for Chrimbo!!! 

Sympathy with everyone who's too cold. Especially at work, where you can't do much about it----glad the engineer did eventually arrive, XB! 

Cold here too, but weirdly it's got warmer: it was 3 C at 1 pm but 7 C by 5 pm, but it will be close to zero for most of the next week. Atmospheric, I guess. C1 and I are going to Cologne for a couple of days next week, to see the Christmas markets (there are 8 of them!!), have a girlie time away, and TALK--sounds as if there may be snow! 

04/12/2012 at 07:14

Morning!

Tea anyone !?

04/12/2012 at 07:26

Morning

Coffee first please - I move on to tea mid morning.

We seem to have had the heating on since mid August - or am I just imagining that?

It would appear to be raining again - how lovely. A day with Ofsted calls - hoorah and falderee

Happy Tuesday all

04/12/2012 at 07:31

Morning

(((DL)))

I wokr with a feeling of dread. Tonight is plod club and we're trotting along to a local short, sharp hill for hills reps

M...eldy    pirate
04/12/2012 at 07:43

Little bit of scraping of the windscreen this morning ...

More coffee needed here as well

M...eldy    pirate
04/12/2012 at 08:05

I purchased my Secret Santa last night and got a right bargain  

04/12/2012 at 08:34

Morning each,

It's a frosty one here too.

Not much planned here today, maybe some more present buying.  I think i may need a dentist.  Not sure if I have genuine toothache or sinus infection/neuralgia.  It's just annoying.

I should probably focus on sourcing SS gift today.

04/12/2012 at 08:36

Looking good here though

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
04/12/2012 at 08:39

morning

love dem hills Yumms 

Just done 6 miles. I was tired when I got up and my body said to my head - don't let's go today, my head said, yes just do it. I headed out into the cold moonlit morning and my body said, let's cut it short today. My head said, let's see how we go. Now, usually my Tuesday run is around 5 miles but I have the option to cut it shorter or add a loop to make it longer. By the time I had done 4 miles, my body was saying c'mon keep going. So I did the 6 mile option (up loads of hills Yumms!) and reached my 2012 target of 1000 miles .

Bettter get to work now. One thing about running early morning, it wakes my mind and my body up and sets me up for the day.

Play nicely 

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
04/12/2012 at 08:40

That looks fab Nogs - so silent and peaceful

04/12/2012 at 08:49

Brilliant achievement Sue, well done.

The peace and quiet will end when we get there

04/12/2012 at 08:51

Woo Hoo, we'll behere in just over 4 weeks.  That will remain pretty quiet though.

04/12/2012 at 09:06
Excellent achievement dragon, well done you! a lesson to us all.
04/12/2012 at 09:30

Morning and well done Sue,

No running up here at ther moment to icy & snowy but if I could ski I could walk up the hill from the house

Had a good visit to daughters in Cambridge we flew down and back with easy jet as it was cheaper than the  train return !!. Allocated seating now so no rugby scrum to get on board.

ok time to scrape car and slide down to the shops . ( After coffee )

04/12/2012 at 09:47

Morning All

Great achievement that Dragon

I am at home................ we are going to the vet's shortly ........nothing serious but the DG has a big gash between his toes and I had to repack it 3 times last night as the blood soaked through (and yes I know emergency first aid says put new pack on top of old one in these situations but they weren't thinking of greyhounds!!!)

anyway it's not bleeding now but given the size of gash and where it is I'd be happier with antibiotics than a raving infection a few days down the line

On the plus side I get to play hookie from work for a few hours and it's glorious weather here today

Back later once I'm at work

M...eldy    pirate
04/12/2012 at 10:01

Oh well done Sue, thats an excellent achievement!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.