working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

212,841 to 212,860 of 233,587 messages
04/12/2012 at 10:40

Wooohoo, Sue, that is absolutely fantastic! (Bows deeply to the mighty Dragon) What a very satisfying way to approach the end of this year!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((DG)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

That sounds nasty, Podds. Did he just cut his foot when he was out walking? Anyway, you're dead right to get it looked at BEFORE it has time to get infected. And if that means you are forced to enjoy some fine weather and time off work, well, life is just like that sometimes 

Nice piece of shopping there for SS, Melds  Got part of mine but still thinking about an additional bit. 

(Gazes sympathetically at DL and wordlessly hands her a hip flask of whiskey.)

Nogs, will you PLEASE stop posting impossibly beautiful pictures of snowy mountains? I don't ski, and I don't even like snow, and I'm dying to jump in your suitcase and go with you!!! 

Westie, mind how you go. Snow in France is beautiful, snow in front of the door can just be treacherous. 

In fact I think I'm going to indulge in a couple of buckets of grit and salt when I go into the village. It's getting colder again here, and the next couple of weeks are meant to be cold with the freeze/thaw bit. Brrrr!

04/12/2012 at 10:45

Oops. Just checked the weather. Snow is expected on 'presents evening', that's tomorrow---Sinterklaas! Since everyone goes home early anywayin order to spend the evening celebrating the good Saint, the evening rush hour is going to start about 2.30. And C1 may leave Melbourne in 35 C and arrived here on Friday morning to snow!!!! 

04/12/2012 at 12:00

Morning (just),

Welcome home Westie, I m glad that you had a good time with your daughter. What a pity that you were greeted with the white stuff when you got back though.

(((DG))) poor ickle chap.

Chuggy, it sounds to me as if the whole country should stay indoors tomorrow and start celebrating early . I bet you and C1 will have a great time in Cologne, I did the Christmas markets there one year (on a river cruise) with a girlfriend.

Noggy, you and XB are both veritable domestic gods. I really should look out some new recipes as our meals have got very humdrum of late.

Spence, where else would I put the litter tray? . It is behind the sofa where it is not in obvious view from any seat in the lounge, but Master Alfie can get to it easily. I think it is the first time he has sprayed there but am not sure what made him feel the need to lay claim to his space (he was neutered a few weeks ago). Will need to keep an eye on the situation.

We had a sociable evening with the aquagym peeps yesterday. Food was mediocre (well, mine was but MS enjoyed his)  but the company was good. I am seeing Thursday man this arvo as MS has switched things round again, then choir practice this evening. The choir has actually folded for the time being as  organist/conductor is depressed++ and not able to manage it. His wife is rehearsing us so that we can do our usual stint at a retirement home next week.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

04/12/2012 at 12:24

Oh dear - poor old DG has been kept in...... they want to clean the wound under sedation (possibly GA) and they may then stitch it but will see what they find first...

He did not want to stay even though it was Viktor the gorgeous vet!!

Mr P says it's warmed up in Siberia..............to minus 15 day time  and 8 of our kids are out in Goa at the AIDS orphanage we support and they phone in once a day to let us know it's 30C, they're on the beach and just off for lunch...........not bad eh?

M...eldy    pirate
04/12/2012 at 14:40

I am going home .. via the gym

There.

04/12/2012 at 16:52

ooh Dragon well done you, I'm in awe I'm down on miles to last year

Glad you have a good time Westie

Oh dear poor DG  would you like me to book you a place round the back of Rackhams Podds !?

I went from school straight to the shops, some Christmas shopping done  not much to get now

04/12/2012 at 17:00

Poor old DG indeed

I've been online and got prezzies for the kids in NZ.

I've also been to the dentist for the first time in over 5 years.  I need a root filling and it's going to cost £300 to £400, but he did admire all the work i had done in Slovakia, he was  most impressed.

Any spaces down the back of Rackhams Spence?

04/12/2012 at 17:51
It's a bit of a sqush Noggs, just had garage quote!!!

((((DG)))))

Oskars got a covered tray Sluggy as that was what he had at breeders, just under ??20 delivered from Amazon. It keeps the smells at bay but not the funny chirruping noise he makes when he has a poo - he puts a lot of effort in!

Jnr and Mimi have popped in :0) Jnr thinks Blue is a lot less boisterous.

Slightly quieter day than yesterday, I've been de greyed :0)

Oh heck, got to go Oskars balanced on the mantelpiece!!!

(((( waisters ))))
04/12/2012 at 18:11

Bleedin' nora!

poor old DG is very very sorry for himself now he's home but I'm £165 lighter too!  Make room for me round Rackhams please girls (and Noggs!) 

And that's not counting the chicken I've had to buy him as he must eat light this evening as it was heavy sedation.......

M...eldy    pirate
04/12/2012 at 18:45

I have gymned  

Blimey, there is some serious action going on round the back of Rackhams !!

04/12/2012 at 20:33
Not a space to be had!
M...eldy    pirate
04/12/2012 at 20:40

GPO has found the hot water bottle under my feet   

I have done some more online christmas shopping and am feeling guilty but I am running out of time already to get stuff done!!

04/12/2012 at 21:03

I've barely done any yet - was planning a bit of online shopping myself tonight!

Poor old DG At least he's home now I suppose!

Some exciting things and some very tedious things happened today. There was stomping, and celebrating, and some more stomping (about something else) but I'm home now with tea and flapjack and all is well

04/12/2012 at 21:23

attempted to catch up on the weekends action but gave up in the end you lot chat too much.However did see a photo of a young lady in a dress !!!! not the usual image and yes very very presentable .

did get out today and managed a very very slow 3.5 mile with some tip toeing over icy patches but did jog 95% of it,Not planning anything tomorrow so may put the heater on in the garage and attempt a bit of window rebuilding which I never finished yet .

Hope DG is a bit happier now after his vet trip , had one of those moments when a photo of a Westie came up with snow over his face aka midge type sad still but nice .

04/12/2012 at 21:25

The Liverpool Santa Dash made the Flickr blog - written by Americans! according to them, runners were "in Christmas-red and Hanukkah-blue Santa outfits" - yeah, right!

M...eldy    pirate
04/12/2012 at 21:28

I get to see the FGO tomorrow .. not seen him for a week as I have been away for the weekend or working
I wonder how fat & hairy he is?? !!

aaand then its swimming and back to work again 

04/12/2012 at 23:20

Just zooming through....

Enjoy the FGO tomorrow, Melds, he will certainly love to see you!

Oh Podds, DG does sound as if he feels pretty carp. Do you know how he got the cut? Hopefully now that it's been cleaned and stitched it will heal really quickly.

Daffs. sounds like an uncharacteristically tumultuous day for you, but glad it all came out OK 

Well runned indeed, Westie! The icy patches are a bit of a worry when it's like this, so maybe rebuilding a window is a good form of cross training...

Sluggie, what a shame about the choir! (And the reason for it.) But good that you are all going to manage the traditional carols, I'm sure you would be greatly missed. And perhaps the director will start to feel a bit better and want to keep going. I hope so, for his sake as much as yours. 

(((((Nog's gob))))))

Hope it can be done quickly so it doesn't disturb your skiing!!

Oh Tubs, poor Oskar does seem to be feeling a bit sorry for himself at the moment.  But if he's balancing on the mantle, it sounds like he's recovering

Bought Rossie a coat today: she's getting to be an older lady, and she really doesn't like getting wet and cold. When I got home I discovered it was made by the company that have made outerwear for the US Army for the last 40 years. This means the best dressed member of our family is the dog. Typical!

04/12/2012 at 23:55

Just in from being Ofsteded - I calculate a maximum of 6 hours sleep - if I drop off in 5 minutes, then I get to do it all again tomorrow - aaaaaaaasrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhh

Apologies for self indulgent post - I'm feeling as sorry for myself as DG is -but I've not even had tea, let alone lightly poached chicken!!

Normal service should resume soon - so until then (((((((WIN))))))) 

As you were

05/12/2012 at 07:29

Morning

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~{{{{{{{{DL}}}}}}}~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/12/2012 at 07:38

Morning each,

Gives a cheery wave to DL, the chicken is poaching as I write.

Cripes, I've just seen on the BBC news that one lane of the M40 is blocked by snow, just 5 miles from here. There's nothing at all here.

I think the co-codomol I was taking for my ribs was masking the aggro from my tooth because it's really niggly now.  Still, I'm on anti Biotics so it should slow down soon.

No wonder I've been feeling out of sorts.

Coffee has been drunk but more is needed.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.