working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

212,861 to 212,880 of 232,788 messages
05/12/2012 at 07:48

OMG proper snow falling here and settling!!

(((DL))) No tea ? That is bad.

(((DG)))) awww, bless - do you know how he did it, Podds ?

Chuggs, we need pics of Rossie in her finery

((Daffy)))

super plodding, Sue. I'm sure you have proper hills not like my sissy ones

Noggs, you will get banned from here if you keep postings lovely pics

Just a short post. I plodded up that hill last night was ok but my niggly hip is now a screaming hip - even just rolling over in bed was not good, nor was dog walking this morning. Its the bit that stretches if you do a side bend. I must roll it. Really dont want to walk to work but snow has settled on the road so bike and car aren't fab options either - duvet day .....  Will have to be bike

Take care out there WAISteroonies

x

05/12/2012 at 08:08

We have snow too! Luckily its my day off.Have to go out later to look at another nursing home but chaos should have subsided by then.

2 very busy days at work and a bombshell about the future which means we are going to be working very  differently if pct get their wish. NHS is not an easy place to be at the mo. 

FIL birthday Friday - thats going to be difficult

05/12/2012 at 08:14

morning all, more coffee please

05/12/2012 at 09:12

Morning All

In true pathetic Plannitt Ffannitt style we only have sleet - the price / advantage of always being a couple of degrees warmer and nearly surrounded by the sea...

Luckily it was still clear and frosty when I took the dogs out

Supposedly the DG has to have short road walks to keep the paw clean an dry and the other 2 normal walks.......right then so that's not going to happen without Mr P around so today he had a bandage and a plastic bag on his paw instead and we all had a short walk on the cliff top grass.......

Back to see Vtgv on Friday morning for a check up

((((DL))))) ~~~~~DL~~~~~~~ I would offer you some of the DG's chuck but I'm not entirely sure he'd share...........he looked pretty put out last night when I gave the other two some!

(((NOgg's Gob)))

*admires Rossie all dressed up*

*waves to other WAISTer chums*

It was like a long legs convention in the vets yesterday - in the morning another chap came in with 2 lurchers so there were 5 sets of long legs all milling around (long legs always seem to prefer other long legs) and then when I went back to pick up the DG my friend was there with her hound Perry who gave me a lovely welcome We took him on a rehoming session to the opening of a vet's in Faversham and a friend of A's came with us and ended up adopting him herself

05/12/2012 at 10:03
Oops,, I appear to have only just woken up... Best get a wiggle on! Good job I'm working at home and can start I in 5 mins I guess! And in my nightie too if necessary
M...eldy    pirate
05/12/2012 at 11:12
I would expect nothing less of you Daffs!!

Due to the slight covering of the white stuff me and the fat one didn't get out his morning but he didn't look too bovvered!!
05/12/2012 at 11:36

Yeah - I can imagine it's a bit slippy for old gits......................and their 'osses 

05/12/2012 at 12:31
No snow, just a light frost, not enough to freeze the outside tap though :0)

Horses done and I'm finally getting round to reading the paper - from Saturday! Can only read in conservatory now in good light so my newspaper time is limited, reading glasses are too strong to wear for more than half an hour so I've got to crack on if I want to finish the crossword!

(((( waisters ))))
05/12/2012 at 13:16

{{{{{Yums dodgy hip}}}}

I haven't run, I seem to have a gamy leg  running last Sat, when I'd forgotten it was gamy didn't help!

I came home to Mr Spence doing the chimney breast in the back room  taking the plaster off  log burner going in at some point. Not sure where we will eat this evening

05/12/2012 at 16:17

Golly, lots of sick, tired,injured and stressed at the moment! 

((((((((((((((((((DL))))))))))))))))))

Hope you both start feeling better and the Ofsted people push off soon!

(((((((((((((((((((((Nogs))))))))))))))))

Ribs are bad. Sore teeth are worse! Hopefully the anti'B's will kick in quickly cos a mouth infection is the pits. 

((((((((((((((((((((Amandax)))))))))))))))

Gee. more stress at work you don't need. Hope the birthday is not too upsetting. You are doing all you can, and are really being wonderful with your FIL.

((((((((((((((Spence's gamy leg)))))))))))))

Oh dear. I hope at least the log burner goes in quick so you can get warm!

Daffs, the joys of working at home  Hope your day was warm and productive. Melds, does Murph enjoy playing in the snow? Lots of horses seem to think it's quite funny and like to play in it. 

((((((((((((Podds and DG))))))))))))

I did have to laugh at the picture of lots and lots of doggy long legs getting all tangled up in the vet's waiting room  Does DG seem to be feeling any better yet? 

Yums, hope the journey to and from work wasn't too awful. Snow is pretty non-negotiable, no matter how you travel. Get home, get warm and stay put tonight!

No snow here yet, but up to 4 inches predicted for Friday and in the meantime it's jolly cold Just hope it doesn't cause travel problems for C1, who's flying from Melbourne to Hong Kong then into Heathrow and then on to Amsterdam. 

But tonight is Sinterklaas, so everyone is now home (people leave work about 3 pm) having a great time. The good saint was interviewed this morning on the television business programme when he visited the Amsterdam Stock Exchange. It's really lovely----can't see him being welcome in the London Stock Exchange, somehow! 

And someone just sent me this: it is beautiful, and important, and short, so do look!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/h-8PBx7isoM

M...eldy    pirate
05/12/2012 at 16:39

Chuggs he has a good old sniff when it first lands and some times he kicks his heels about but more often than not he is miffed as it covers the grass !!

Swim has been swum and I appear to be sat at a desk again 

XB
05/12/2012 at 17:19

Evening

Not read back but will do later. It's been a busy tizzy week but that's all until Monday.

05/12/2012 at 18:00

How lovely XB

Stuart Hall now  blimey, was everyone from my formative years a sex pest!?

05/12/2012 at 18:19
Spence wrote (see)

Stuart Hall now  blimey, was everyone from my formative years a sex pest!?

It'll be Smashie and Nicie next ...

05/12/2012 at 18:24

No snow here - another balmy seaside place!

(((((DL))))) we're hoping to be left alone now for another few years.

((((Yums hurty hip))))

XB
05/12/2012 at 19:35

I've got a tenner on Noel Edmonds. Probably more wishful thinking; I'd be happy to see him taken out of circulation.

Happy Sinterklaas,

05/12/2012 at 20:01

Ok

So Monday I broke the DG

Today I broke the car - the kids thought it hilarious when a bit fell off the bottom of it as I arrived at school

Dog knows what Friday will bring but with another vet visit am and running club Chrimbo meal in the evening I'm hoping nothing else will go wrong

One of the chaps at work thinks it's a heat shield.........didn't know I had one or where it's come from but apparently I'm still safe to drive and lovely mechanic chappy is coming tomorrow to have a look....

XB
05/12/2012 at 20:07

I thought they only had heatshields on spacecrafts.

Fingers crossed that's enough guff for one week.

05/12/2012 at 20:28

Evening,

Gosh, there seems to be a lot of poorly/injured WAISTers and WAISTerpets!

(((Noggy))) sorry that you are having to contend with a sorely gob as well as everything else .

(((Spence)))

(((Yummity))) TFL (Tensa fascia lata, not transport for London!)?

(((DG and Podds wallet)))

(((DL)))

(((Amandax)))

Anyone else??

MS was off w*rk today cos the taxi needed some body work done having been pranged by the night driver. We had a little shopping trip but MS could find hardly anything he needed. I, on the other hand, found lots of things, whether I needed them or not .

Nighties xxx

M...eldy    pirate
05/12/2012 at 20:54

The heat shield covers the exhaust and stops important bits catching fire  

Looks like a huge colander

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.