working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

212,881 to 212,900 of 234,147 messages
05/12/2012 at 21:31
Evening.

All that huggy stuff what Sliggie said - ditto, but can I add the Slugmobile and Poddsmobile to the list.

I appear to be in Ipswich and have ordered some food. Hoorah. Ofsted over for another week at least. So far we have had at least 8 encounters this year and no doubt, more will be anounced soon. Pippi, how I envy your 'in a few years'!!

Ooh I have a glass of wine. All is beginning to look so much better!

Happy Wednesday one and all
M...eldy    pirate
05/12/2012 at 21:49

Feck me ... gas bill has just doubled my direct debit ... in December!!!!     They could at least wait until the new year

Do we need time slots for Rackhams ?? 

XB
05/12/2012 at 21:53

Blimey. The cycling prog on Beeb1 is a bit scary.

05/12/2012 at 22:00

Evening

i have my first crimbo pressie from santa 

oh podds, hope the week doesnt get any worse

DL wine always makes the world look better

05/12/2012 at 22:01

I've had to put my DD up by£30 month meldy, its bloody scary, weve also invested in some jumbers!!!

05/12/2012 at 22:12
Evening
Nursing home wasn't great. One we like is full so think it will be our second choice one.

Vouchers from my win arrived today. V excited. Got lots of ideas. So have boys....... !

Work again tomo. Going to be icy drive in . Paths around here are treacherous. Supposed to be doing a very short little run tomorrow but won't be unless paths clear.
05/12/2012 at 22:13
I've reduced my DD.
05/12/2012 at 22:16
No one has any trees left in their garden mind!
M...eldy    pirate
05/12/2012 at 22:19
Speedy Snaily wrote (see)

I've had to put my DD up by£30 month meldy, its bloody scary, weve also invested in some jumbers!!!

I wouldnt mind but I dont have any feckin heating  

05/12/2012 at 22:25
M...eldy wrote (see)

The heat shield covers the exhaust and stops important bits catching fire  

Looks like a huge colander

Well............I'm impressed Mouldy   it does indeed look like a huge colander  

I drove home this evening and I have to drive in again tomorrow and then mechanic is coming to school so hopefully I won't catch fire on a 5 mile journey....

Yep I've been watching the cycling programme too XB - nearly didnt' as I thought It would really irritate me but actually I think it gave a pretty fair view of the situation - i.e. there are asswipe drivers and asswipe cyclists and many accidents could be avoided by a little more common sense, patience and courtesy,,,,

Now catching up with Kevin on +1

05/12/2012 at 22:48

Just popping in to show you the most unusual way of getting people to adopt shelter animals that I've ever seen!!!!

http://www.zie.nl/video/opmerkelijk/Honden-kruipen-achter-het-stuur/m1nz4rifofya

(The narrative is in Dutch, but you don't really need words---and one bit is in English anyway.)

06/12/2012 at 07:19

Morning

Brrrrrr

will look in a mo Chuggs

Podds, you could run to work !   

*goes and hides*

06/12/2012 at 07:24

Morning each.

Still cold and frosty here.

Tooth and ribs are a bit less hurty today - hurrah,

I didn't see the bike v cars programme.  From the trails they seem to have set it up as some sort of combat.  I wasn't convinced it would add too much to the debate..  I'd be delighted to have got it wrong.

Coffee is brewing.

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
06/12/2012 at 07:40

morning

just back from a slow and careful 4 miles, it's very very slippy slidy today

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better Nogs

Podds, Spence is behind the sofa

06/12/2012 at 08:07

Dragon !! 

*hides elsewhere*

06/12/2012 at 08:19
Brrrrrrrr sue you are amazing it's taken all my effort to get out of bed this morning! It's freezing.

I saw some if the cycling programme v scary.

Big work day today and tomorrow, I'm meeting execs to talk about the new systems I've put in place, all good out timelines have halved but still scary justifying what you've done!

Waiting for the plasterer wish he'd hurry up. Bloody workmen!
06/12/2012 at 09:42

HL is off to the Retail Village for coffee and brekkie purposes with some mates.

I'm googling a new telly so that programmes can annoy me in HD.  Nothing too outragious - we've been together for 22 years and we're still watching only our second TV (hope that makes sense)  I can't believe how cheap they've become.

Just looked at the Soll, Austria, webcams, and they have some lifts open, this must be the earliest for many, many years. - and its still snowing.

That's cheered me up.

06/12/2012 at 09:52

Morning,

Will someone please tell me why I found Spence in the cupboard??

Podds, I am sending cooling vibes your way - oh, I see tat you already have them, as dos the rest of the country!

(((Amandax))) It is tough trying to chose a caring home for someone, even worse when the want you do select is full .

Sounds as if WAISTer wallet are taking a right bashing at the moment. Our fuel DD hasn't gone up - yet. We use more than we used to when I was out at work all day, but I do try to be sensible and hide under the duvet rather than cranking the heat up.

Noggy, I am very glad to hear that you are starting to feel a bit better.

Great video, Chuggy .

A day of SM for me today, I spect we will go to one of the garden centres to see the reindeer. The only problem is that this one is further than I really want to drive, but it is the only one with reindeer...

Does anyone have any spare vibes for my bessy friend please? She is in a tricky situation that is making her (and those around her) very unhappy. I haven't seen her this bad for many years and am afraid that she will be down in the depths of Black Dog territory again.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxxx

06/12/2012 at 09:52

Morning all. Cold here too, just a dusting of snow lying at the mo but apparently the real temperature is -5 or something. 

Sue, you are more than heroic to go out in this, you are goddess0like!!!!

Nogs, glad the pains are feeling better. And only two tellies in 22 years does sound like the sign of a successful marriage 

Sluggie, how infuriating that the taxi was out of service yet again! (although I do see it was because of a prang and not a mechanical problem) Hope it's all fixed by now. 

(((((((((((((((((Amandax)))))))))))))

(((((((((((((((((FarFars))))))))))

((((((((((((((((Yummy's TFL))))))))))))

((((((((((((((((((DL)))))))))))))))

((((((((((((((Spence)))))))))))))

((((((((((((((((Snaily and family))))))))))

Gosh, there aren't many of us left!

C1 is in the air as we speak  Prolly somewhere around Hong Kong by now, I guess. But a rather nasty shock this morning, accountant says we have more tax to pay after selling our house this time last year, but he hasn't told us yet how much! We are now waiting by the phone and hoping it won't be a big amount 

06/12/2012 at 10:00

Morning

(((Sluggie's BF)))

Spence wrote (see)

Podds, you could run to work !   

*goes and hides*

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda Luv Ye Olde Dragon wrote (see)

Podds, Spence is behind the sofa

Spence wrote (see)

Dragon !! 

*hides elsewhere*

Slugsta wrote (see)

Morning,

Will someone please tell me why I found Spence in the cupboard??

Of course I would have run to work as per your suggestion Spence but sadly I'd already agreed to give a colleague who lives down the road from me a lift in and out of work as her car is in for its MOT.......such a shame 

Glorious cold but sunny day with lots of ice round the site....cue all the year 7 mummies phoning in about how their children have to walk on ice and it's sooooo dangerous.........because of course they couldn't possibly walk round the icy patches could they!?

(((WIN)))

Edited: 06/12/2012 at 10:19
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.