working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

212,921 to 212,940 of 236,810 messages
18/12/2012 at 08:41

morning all,still busy rushing about as duty taxi man and Yums think it's all been said about your sister sad really.

Mrs is happy to have both her "boys" around this christmas , Tony is staying with Scott then all going to Daughters over the holidays for family do.

I did manage to scrape in a 6 miler yesterday after a week of nothing but legs a bit stiff this morning.
Thank goodness for your Updates Chuggy saves a lot of reading back (which I forget half of )

Off to Scott's again later today after a few mugs of  coffee so play nice I will try to catch up again later .
Oh yes M..eldy you can finish at least one hour earlyer each day from work (tell them I said so )

18/12/2012 at 09:33

Why is it that when there is only one direction of a road passable (as the other direction has a blockage) and you are on that side of that road but on a bike..............every tosser in a car on the blocked side thinks it's fine not to give way to you and bully their way through ??????????? 

Morning BTW 

Good grief Westie - are you actually building Scott's new place - you seem to live there - hope he appreciates it!!!

18/12/2012 at 13:29

PO.dds Scott's place was owned by an old couple and sadly they have both died and the place is in a time warp. All very dated and needs a complete make over from heating  to all rooms,flooring, Walls , ceiling, kitchen,bathroom , doors, windows (some still single glazed) so it's more of a project. He loves it though and should be great when all done but that will be months away.
This may sound strange but it gives Mrs and myself something to get our teeth into and helps us as much as it helps him.

18/12/2012 at 15:15

G'day each.

I'm due a read back, I;ve been a bit AWOL and my mind has been wandering.

As you know I had a tooth out last friday, well, it failed to settle down and I've been in pain since.  I've just been to the dentist and it's not healing properly so the hole had been bunged with foul tasting stuff and I'm back on antibiotics

Hopefully, that'll be it now.although I may have to go back on Friday if it plays up.

I'm struggling to make any progress on the bike or at work at the mo.

That's enough mither, Christmas is looming so I need my cheery face

M...eldy    pirate
18/12/2012 at 17:17

Thats not nice Noggs, tooof pain is horrid - I hope you get it sorted in time for your Christmas dindins

Me and the GPO had a good ole sleep thank you very much 

Damn Bodyshop has sent me totally the wrong order ... it is so wrong I wonder how they actually managed to get it so wrong, it was the last 3 of my christmas presents and I have no hope of getting them to send out the correct order at this stage and absolutely no desire to go in to town to rectify it !!

18/12/2012 at 17:24
Evening all
(((nogs tooth)))
Been shopping today looking for a xmas jumper for loverly fella for works do on fri an couldnt find anything anywhere he's going to have to make do with a santa hat now.
Supposed to be spinning tonight but cba!
(((waisters)))
18/12/2012 at 17:25

Westie - I'm sure scott is glad of the help if the property needs updating so much.  Nice little project for you too.

(((Noggs hole)))  there isnt anything worse than tooth ache, well apart from child birth I'm told!  get some whiskey down ya that'll soon numb the pain.

Yums I'm not sure there is anything sensible to say to your sis, the ungreatful cow does need to grow up     I would return the pressie back to her with a note saying "to be clear, there are 2 boys in your family and if she cant buy for both then she shouldnt bother at all".

Podds hope your cycle home is better than this morning

Busy day here, in a bit of a strange situation with a manager who works part time then I take over part of her role when she's not around.  I feel like I'm stepping on her toes and we make different decisions, I'm a HR person and am more "if they cant do the job get rid, and we'll put everything in writing"  she is more relaxed about things but I feel the dept is suffering because we're not strict enough.  Not sure how to tackle it, so I've gone back to my boss and said we need some parameters to work within so I dont offend her.  Shes a lovely woman and we get on well, we just work differently.

And I think the council are getting fed up with me, they obviously want Mum rehomed quickly to try and get rid of me..........the plan works then!! 

Home, tea, ironing, idoit abroad, thats how I'm rolling tonight 

18/12/2012 at 17:31

Flibbs have you tried Matalan?

oh FFS I have Mr Snaunty on the phone now.....breathe 1.....2....3

18/12/2012 at 18:03

I'm waiting for the phone to ring to collect Mr P from hospital -had a hernia op - so that's yet another post-operative Christmas for him! At least he won't be on crutches this time ...

Our next door neighbour is in hospital too - ITU - with digestion and gall bladder problems!

Meldy, I got the wrong order from the Book People at school too - but I had ticked the wrong box! I phoned, and he had to come back for something so it was a simple swap.

First Christmas performance today - all went well and the sulky crying shepherd just makes it a bit more memorable. I could tell a funny story, but not in a public forum (not like that, just not something to broadcast!)

18/12/2012 at 18:10

BTW I didn't make a link for the company that brings books to school!

Westie - that sounds like our house. A few months' work, did you say????

18/12/2012 at 18:27

Evening

Yums - exactly what Snaily said re returning the pressie - i was thinking along those lines too....

(((Noggs toothypeg)))

(((Meldy's sanity and her presentless friends and family)))

Tonight I will wrap the pressies for the "work team" - just little bits - and then see where I'm up to re proper pressies - tomorrow I have my lunch hour  to try and finish my shopping...........

Westie - sounds like a win win - you and the lovely Mrs have a project to keep you warm through the winter months and Scott is having his house done for him

I think you got off lightly - a colleague of mine has been roped into our off road duathlon on his retirement as his son worries he might vegetate otherwise - he's well over 60!!

And I thought of XB today - this is not a usual daily occurence I hasten to add! But I passed a VW van with a red nose and a huge pair of reindeer horns attached to the top - looked very festive and made me

18/12/2012 at 19:18

They're keeping Mr P in till later this evening so I've had tea .. probably a good chance to wrap his pressie?

18/12/2012 at 19:19

Podds, surely you aren't saying that XB is horny and red-nosed?

XB
18/12/2012 at 20:11

I'm not deaf you know.

That is one advantage of the VW campers; they are so slow that you can attach stuff to them without fear of it being blown off.

Ah, poor old Noggles. Gnasher issues are horrid. Hope the packing case and auntie bee gets it sorted.

I hope you've got your nurses uniform washed and pressed, Pipples.

The book people. Let's see if that works for me.

XB
18/12/2012 at 20:12

How weird.

I wonder what happens if I put in amazon. Or John Lewis. Or perhaps even ocado.

No. It's just the book people.

Sportshoes. Fetcheveryone.

Oh, John Lewis has just done it. 

Runners Need. Start Fitness.

runnersworld

Bored now

Edited: 18/12/2012 at 20:17
M...eldy    pirate
18/12/2012 at 20:23

What were you trying to achieve?!

18/12/2012 at 20:34

Sponsorship

18/12/2012 at 20:38

Survived Mr Snaunty latest rant, worse thing is I havent a clue what he said cuz I wasnt listening!

I've found a gym that lets me plug in my straightners (v important for some of us girlies) £75 for 3 months.  I'm in.  start in january to loose my winter coat    I'vebeen pretty good food wise, prob because I'm so bliddy busy

18/12/2012 at 21:15

I hope that's not just the charge for plugging in your straighteners!

They are keeping Mr P in overnight ... he didn't go down till a bit late, apparently and according to him (he just rang) they made a bit of a fuss about his heart problems (he has a leaky valve? which he has probably had for some time and doesn't cause him problems)

Agggh! why can't I clear stuff to get more space on my phone??? I keep getting a text that won't load! And why isn't it straightforward?

XB
18/12/2012 at 21:54
M...eldy wrote (see)

What were you trying to achieve?!

I couldn't understand why just typing "the book people" caused it to auto lingk to their website. So I was seeing if there were other well known retail site that worked as well.

Small things and small minds.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.