working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

212,941 to 212,960 of 236,233 messages
18/12/2012 at 22:08
(((((Mr Pippi))))
18/12/2012 at 22:09

((((((((((((((((((((Mr P))))))))))))))))

He'll be disappointed not to get home tonight, Pipps, but better he stays in til they're really happy to let him go. IOh, and BTW, NOTHING on a mobile phone is easy!

Snaily, you are a SAINT to put up with Mr Snaunty. How is Snaunty doing? Your last bulletin sounded grim, hope things have improved. Good on you for keeping up the pressure on your mum's house----it's a real shame you have to do it that way, but to harrass people to get it, but I guess it's how things are. As to work, I think sharing a job is really hard: as you said, people just see things differently. 

Melds, maddening when you've got all the shopping done and the store lets you down like that!!! All you can do is give people IOU's for their prezzies 

Poods, 

PO.dds: La Befana wrote (see)

I passed a VW van with a red nose and a huge pair of reindeer horns attached to the top -

Oh yes, that would immediately bring XB to mind for all of us 

Yums, sorry your sis is still being such an unmitigated pain but you are completely right to stand up for your lads---both of them. You really don't deserve this kind of junk!

Westie, brilliant for Scott that you are willing to help moderninse the house---and great that you and Mrs Westie are both enjoying it  If after you finish his place you find yourselves at a loose end, you would be most welcome over here 

((((((((((((((((((((Nogs)))))))))))))))))

Really hope those antiB's sort out your moth pronto. Tooth infections are the absolutely worst. 

I seem to be rushing about all day but not accomplishing much at the moment. Having Chuglets around means I veer off into unexpected expeditions or conversations and any planning falls apart. But it's lovely having them around, and I'll get back to routine in a couple of weeks. 

18/12/2012 at 22:20

(((mr P))) enjoy the peace and quiet while it lasts, Pippi

Podds, LOL at the Rudolph camper van I want a picture

(((nogg gob))) ouchee. Hope its soon on the mend

Snaily, good idea not to listen to Mr Snaunty. You've done your fair share of listening and now you're ma is almost sorted too, you could do with some peace and quiet. and that is a good gym membership - do they throw in some eye candy too

6 Smiles did you say, Westie - hoobacious

Blimey, I dont fancy the body shop's chances - fancy messing upM...eldy's order - mind you, I didn't realise they sold eye of newt and tongue of toad

I am certainly minded to send No 1's pressie back. It was alsways my plan b if she did this and I haven't been able to think of a better solution. Am taking Mrs D to the V.E.T tomorrow as I cant bear her limping any more  - prob just arthuritis but needs to be checked.

18/12/2012 at 22:27

oh hope Mrs D is ok yums and send the pressie back, it'll get the message across loud and clear.

Gyms always have eye-candy, thats what keeps me going

(((Mr P))) wine out and feet up for you then pippi 

right off to bed

(wonder if Body shop will still be trading in the morning!!!)

18/12/2012 at 22:31

((((pippi and mr pippi)))))))) Hope he gets out soon xx

18/12/2012 at 22:35
Tried matalan an primark an they appear to have all sold out, was gong to order one from amazon an then decided we couldn't be bothered with the hassle an shouldnt have left it so late!
Didn't bother with spin
(((mr pippi)))
M...eldy    pirate
18/12/2012 at 22:44

Yums .. give it to a charity or simialr, and let her know thays what you have done

18/12/2012 at 23:24

Evening  aaain

Fell asleep in NCIS so missed the ending yet again.....

((Mr Pippi)) - he'll be even the more glad to be home tomorrow Pippi - so much so that you'll never have to lift a finger again.........well........maybe.............

Pippi Christmas Stocking wrote (see)

Podds, surely you aren't saying that XB is horny and red-nosed?

Well if the cap fits and all that.............

Yums wrote (see)

taking Mrs D to the V.E.T tomorrow as I cant bear her limping any more  - prob just arthuritis but needs to be checked.

(((((((Cushtie)))))))) the boys send slobbers.........and tell her that if she can wait 24 hours she can go and see Viktor tgv Thurs AM with the DG   he always says the DG seems braver when he has his gang with him

19/12/2012 at 07:16

Morning each,

Oh dear PiIpps have some (((((())))))

My antiB's are having the usual effect on my tum

Rain forecast later this morning so I'll do some tree felling until I get fed up.

I had a few chainsaw issues yesterday, I put a new chain on then the roller guide on the bar seized.  All fixed now but no money made and plenty paid out,

Coffee is ready.

19/12/2012 at 07:26

Morning all

((((((toof holes, limpy paws, hernia repairs, family fallouts, stressed and overworked, poorly chainsaws))))))

When I read about M.eldy's body shop order I had in mind that she had ordered someone some spare car parts - maybe a nice set of hub caps. I'm assuming we're talking the high street variety.

Yesterday I mainly drove to Wales and back with a full day meeting in between. It was rather tiring. 

Tonight we are getting our tree - let the festivities begin

Happy Wednesday

19/12/2012 at 08:09

The festivities have begun here DL, our sprouts are boiling hard already.

We've had sighting here in Bicester of people on horse back, wearing masks and indulging in swordplay.  Looks like we have an outbreak of the Zorro virus.

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
19/12/2012 at 08:20
Hands Noggs his coat

Morning all.

(((Mr P)))

Snaily, thought I would say that I'm in Stoke New Year week in case you happen to be around.
19/12/2012 at 08:36

Noggs - that was a stunner!

Work not going quite as planned.

Went into 'Study' (spare bedroom with a desk) to discover cat had honked in middle of the room.

Clearing up puke, when I hear the cat flap and the sound of an exited kitten. She had a mouse. We have just played the chase the cat/mouse, mouse, cat game for some time. The mouse is now free, possibly somewhat disabled, and I fully expect to see it again later today.

Anyone want a cat for Christmas????

19/12/2012 at 08:54

Good Morning One and All

In the great goodness which is results day for the FREE resits following the GCSE English screw over in the summer - both our resit candidates got their C grades this time round..............there is joy unconfined today 

LOL DL - the DG would love a cat for Christmas but I've told him he can't have one -  I'm afraid it looks like you're stuck with blur of a kitten for life!!

19/12/2012 at 09:15

morning

LOL DL great way to start a morning, and what a great idea to buy blur of a kitten a new toy for xmas..........a xmas tree!

HC woke us up at stupid o'clock because he wanted to go out, its pee'ing down with rain so wouldnt go, therefore we have suffered a 2hr toe attack

Oh Sue, nope will be in rainy Devon for xmas, wave to the olds for me though

feeling very   cant wait for a few days

19/12/2012 at 13:21

Managed to remember that my local post office closes at lunch time. What I failed to realise, is that it doesn't do tax discs. I waited rather a long time in a queue to find out this very valuable piece of information.

Supporting your local shops - always a pleasure 

19/12/2012 at 13:48

morning!

crikey I'm struggling to keep up with WAISter world - so sorry lovely people!

so disorganised for Christmas and work is manic!

19/12/2012 at 13:50

hmmmm talking of supporting local shops (which I always try to do) I have a dilemma.  Do I:

a - got to our local veg shop on saturday with 100000000 of people all trying to buy fresh sprouts, carrots etc, or

b - go to the asda next door to work, because its more convenient and cheaper

oh deep joy, DWP have decided to not pay Mum her benefits this month, so on the phone now trying to find out whats happened.  Will leave sis very short over xmas.

Happy xmas from the DWP.

19/12/2012 at 13:51

****offers JFF a baileys****

19/12/2012 at 16:41

***passes round a large tray of assorted glasses: baileys, gin, whiskey, brandy****

Sounds like some reinforcement is needed by many in the lounge today!

Just whizzing through: about to go sing at a homeless shelter in town. Last night made up little packs of soap, shampoo etc: at a business conference a couple of years ago I got everyone to collect their extra's and give them to me, and I've been saving them for something like this. Not much, but maybe help a few people feel more self-respecting. 

Unfortunately, a well-intentioned but outrageously officious member of the choir has taken over the whole event, creating tension and chaos on all sides. Our poor director has to try to smooth things out. Don't envy her but will support her as well as I can! Means however that I am feeling FAR less charity than is recommended at this time of year. GRRRR!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.