working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

212,981 to 213,000 of 236,785 messages
20/12/2012 at 10:45
Ahh right that's good, thought I was just being thick!!
20/12/2012 at 10:58

Well we are now officially  and 

because the DG's paw has been passed fit for purpose finally - still has to stay off the beach for another week or so but can have normal long walks everywhere else

no more Vtgv - although.................I do have 3 houndies and they are rather fragile pooches.............. 

Best I do some work now as the personnel manager created me with "evening" when I finally arrived this morning!

Oh and LOL at DL's christmas recruting campaign but a decided  at Snaily's Dr - I know they are charged with looking after our health but when you look at the number of overweight and obese women around on that basis you'd have to hope you didn't hold shares in any of the relevant companies...

Right - deffo going to do some work now

20/12/2012 at 12:05

I'm a bit annoyed at the docs too, but I accept what he says I'm 2st over weight now and need to do soemthing about it, however if I was young and irresponsible wouldnt there be another risk of an unwanted pregnancy joining the stats. 

Anyway luckily I am resonsible and Mr S now has his own room

I had no idea there was an "in" joke about toaster ovens, but as usual I just smiled and laughed at DLs comment, she lives in a parallel universe!!!

And I wish it'd stop bloody raining, HC is up at 3am crying to go out, but wont because its raining, I'm bloody exhausted

20/12/2012 at 12:25

*other methods of contraception are available*

and you know what Snaily I would highly reccommend getting your tubes twisted much better than taking the pill

oooh, ooooh, Secret Santa has emptied his sack !!

It's in a lovely spotty red bag and addressed to me and DD

20/12/2012 at 12:25
Surely there's something else they can give you in the meantime Snaily, how very vexing!

I went to catch train but meeting cancelled (fortunately before I travelled 3 hours to get there!) So went Christmas shopping instead
XB
20/12/2012 at 12:58

This thread is a perfect reminder never to get another cat.

Poor Mr Snaily. A little bit of how's your father might have been the perfect way to burn some calories. 

20/12/2012 at 13:27

Am I the only one who thought this was rather rude?

Spence wrote (see)

20/12/2012 at 13:30

Afternoonicles. Great fun reading back these days, you just never know what you'll learn 

Awww, Spence, what a lovely idea to give the Barbie to that family! That's REAL Christmas spirit. What's with the leg, though?? And is this why you appear to be spending the entire day luxuriating in bed and watching telly???

((((((((((((((Mr Pippi))))))))))))))

It does sound like he's feeling a bit rough, hope it gets better soon. LOL at your breaking up the fight between cow and chicken, though! We always go to the crib service on Christmas Eve, partly to watch the littlies who are always so sweet and so funny. 

Podds, glad to hear the paw is mending; and though I have not been graced with a houndie myself, my impression is that if you would like a nice hypochondriac dawgie, who requires frequent vet attention, the boys will be more than glad to assist 

Oh Snaily---MORE trouble for your mum?!? How can someone on income support possibly pay for a bed???? That's nuts. I'm so glad your mum has you there to make the case for her; but what happens to old people without a champion? As to the doctor---that's deffo an incentive to slim, I guess (unless like XB says you can convince him you need the pill to help you burn calories!), but as the others said, there ARE alternatives (implant, IUD etc). Unless of course you think DL really NEEDS a new toaster!!!  Oh, and maybe it's time to introduce HC to the catbox????

(((((((((JFF and olds)))))))))))

Sounds like it might be a challenging day, but hope it goes well and the place is friendly and warming and safe-feeling. 

Westie, the weather up your way does suggest a day indoors is the better part of valour! Sounds like you might have a white Christmas, though? 

(((((Yummy and Cush)))))

Awwww, nobody likes going to the doctor, why should she? And as to Christmas, you have LOADS of time, there are DAYS left yet. (At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

Nogs, I had no idea that a tree had a natural direction to fall, or that you could make it fall the other way!! What a lot of useful stuff you know!  

Managed to get out for a couple of miles this morning. Really, really slow but very enjoyable. And I hope I'll be forgiven but since I'd already sinned by opening my SS I went for the full Monty and WORE them!!! (It was "3 C, feels like -5" so I was VERY grateful to Santa!!) 

And I've realised I can never, never go to any WAISter gathering  The bizarre idea that I'm charitable and sweet and nice would last about 90 seconds if you ever met me , so to preserve my reputation I need to remain a shadowy unknown!! 

20/12/2012 at 13:54

Chuggs VERY naughty wearing your secret santa present!

I'm home again after the fiasco of this morning (although now have pretty much all my Christmas shopping done and won't have to go to town on Saturday or spend 6 hours on trains today so I'm counting it as a successful morning!). Realised I was VERY proud of myself by getting the last of my cards written by the post deadline - then realised I took them out but didn't actually post the bloody things... Pah.

Ah well, might pop out again later...

20/12/2012 at 15:02
Jingle DLs wrote (see)

Am I the only one who thought this was rather rude?

Spence wrote (see)

Nope I did too DL - but first I decided it was my "dodgy mind" and then that in the spirit of Christmas I wouldn't impune Spence  but you have done I can safely say I agree 

My Mr P has been trying to come back from Hereford today........the railways have not been helping him.......

((((T'other Mr P))))) hope he's feeling more comfortable today

LOL at shadowy Chuggy - I always find it fascinating the first time I meet WAISTers especially in the olden days when I didn't know who anybody looked like.........it was often an interesting experience!!!! 

20/12/2012 at 15:10

Afternoon all

Asda have no delivery slots left neither have Tesco so we have to brave the hoards later. i thought I could avoid it but alas, not so.

((((((((Cushtie))))))) lots of hugs for the poorly foot.  and for Yums (((()))))) I am sure you will think of something appropriate to say to Sis, though you shouldn't have to, of course.

Haven't read back, only a few days but what a lot of chatting going on here!

Hope everyone is ok and looking forward to the festivities, planniing to fit in some fresh air and plodding/cycling etc.

20/12/2012 at 15:14

Well, a successful shopping trip d and d'd.

A quick visit to the dentist told me all was as it should be.  It's just flippin painful so I've resumed pain relief.  Whether it's some PMA from me or self delusion but it does seem a little less nadgery so far today.

Chuggs, I do know loads of stuff but it's mostly completely useless.  I'm quite good at pub quizzes and the like but know nothing that secures me an income or adds to humankinds sum total of knowledge.

The Toaster Oven reference is lost on me too, I even googled it - how sad is that?

I do know what a baby pigeon is called though.

And a baby frog, and at what temeperature grass stops growing and how many Dutch winners of the Tour de france there has been.

See, all useless stuff.

20/12/2012 at 15:51

Nogs!!! Are you crazy?? 

Nogvidad nuestra wrote (see)

And a baby frog, and at what temeperature grass stops growing and how many Dutch winners of the Tour de france there has been.

I'd love to know that stuff! What IS a baby pigeon called? And a baby frog? And when does grass stop growing? 

And---this is the clincher---how many Dutch winners of the Tour are there???? Where I live this information is not merely useful, it's PRICELESS!!))

Oh, glad the gob is starting to feel better. It's been a week now, so it's really time, but good you have pain relief as long as you need it. xx

Daffs, if you've already written your cards you're ahead of me. Posting is a completely different step so you deserve credit for writing them anyway! 

Larry. how good to see you! Awful shame having to claw your way through the supermarket, but having all the family around will make it all worthwhile 

Nogvidad nuestra wrote (see)

Well, a successful shopping trip d and d'd.

A quick visit to the dentist told me all was as it should be.  It's just flippin painful so I've resumed pain relief.  Whether it's some PMA from me or self delusion but it does seem a little less nadgery so far today.

Chuggs, I do know loads of stuff but it's mostly completely useless.  I'm quite good at pub quizzes and the like but know nothing that secures me an income or adds to humankinds sum total of knowledge.

The Toaster Oven reference is lost on me too, I even googled it - how sad is that?

See, all useless stuff.

PO.dds: La Befana wrote (see)

My Mr P has been trying to come back from Hereford today........the railways have not been helping him.......

That doesn't sound good, Podds. Is he wishing he'd stayed in Siberia????

Perhaps in future to preserve my mysterious anonymity I shall have to be known as...hmmm, the Scarlet Pimpernel is already taken...maybe the Purple Dandelion??? the Pink Hogweed?? the Puce Ragwort?  I'll think of something...

20/12/2012 at 17:05

A squab

A Froglet

6C

", Jan Jensson(sp?) 1968 or 69

Joop Zoetemelk 1980 - I think he was also the oldest winner and came second 5 times (I'd need to research that to be sure)

20/12/2012 at 17:19

WHAT A SHOWOFF!!!!! 

(I'm just jealous, of course 

Thanks, though, Nogs, I will bet that ALL of this info turns out to be relevant in a conversation in the next few months 

20/12/2012 at 17:27

It was meant to sound rude

The in-laws have visited. He was being a total arse, I was whispering to daught not to listen, telling Mr Spence to tell him to be quiet in the end I left the room...

20/12/2012 at 17:32

People like me in their quiz teams but not at their dinner parties for some reason

20/12/2012 at 18:08

I'd like you at a dinner party Nogs

M...eldy    pirate
20/12/2012 at 18:20

Evening all ....

XB wrote (see)

This thread is a perfect reminder never to get another cat.

... or a Snail !!!!

Work decided to let me know that I am no longer needed/wanted/affordable on Christmas Day .... nothing like a bit of notice eh?    Barstewards.

and I have a cold coming

I am grumpy.

20/12/2012 at 18:58
You can join me in the lounge Melds me, kids and pets are home alone !
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.