working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

212,981 to 213,000 of 229,899 messages
Nog
09/12/2012 at 08:10

Morning each.

Anyone want a gas powered black and white telly, a video player and an old dvd player?

No?

I'll be off to the tip later then.

Coffee is on

09/12/2012 at 08:42

Morning

I feel carp I had one bottle of Marston's Old Empire last evening and I have the headache from hell!!

Dear old NTLPS is drinking like a fish he's also pissing like a.....er....a very old cat who's drinking too much.....

Nog
09/12/2012 at 08:46

Spence, you're a lightweight.

Shall I put more coffee on?

09/12/2012 at 09:23
If it's any consolation spence I too am suffering. 3 glasses of wine and a late night mean I am feeling a little jaded.

Eldest son gave us lift home from pub. He'd been at work in a different centre and ended up being left in charge with all sorts of issues going on. Sounds as if he coped well and got a call from big boss thanking him! He did a 14 hr shift so not sure we will see him before lunchtime. Youngest was also at work, he does bit if casual work washing up etc at a local conference centre. Bit of role reversal, kids out at work, parents at the pub!!

Going to buy our Christmas tree later. Via a Christmas craft fair. Hope headache gone by then!
09/12/2012 at 09:59

Noggs, what Podds said is spot on and brought a tear to my eye. We all need someone to believe in us  - you are not mugs, you are decent human beans who are putting GD's needs first and she is obviously thriving on it

*rubs Spence thighs*

Doh, I've forgotten everythign except Spence and pippi made me feel better about my house.

Podds,  difficult for your chum - is she the houndie lady ?  Thought of you when I saw a car with the exhaust completely dropped off and dragging on the floor

My meet seemed to go well - well, we laughed a lot and the time went quickly but spent yesterday evening in my jimjams, housecoat and blanket shivering, not knowing what to do with myself. Thermometer said 102.

helping friend with her flat today  -  hope she doesn't need much help as I'm not 100%

WAIST well

09/12/2012 at 11:23

{{{{{Yums}}}}} hope you feel better soon, glad the meet went well

{{{Amanadx}}}} how fab being picked up by the boy

09/12/2012 at 11:35

indeed, Spence. I'd be happy to be picked up by anyone

09/12/2012 at 11:46

Nogs - what Podds said ^^^^

I'm a bit overeaten this morning. We had a gorgeous but rich homemade cake for pudding. Pippette didn't want all hers so gave the rest to her dad, who offered me some ... that was the bit that broke the camel's stomach! But it is nice though I say so myself (Sticky ginger lemon drizzle cake!)

09/12/2012 at 12:23
That cake sounds lovely pippi! I had lemon cake yesterday that apparently had mashed potato in!

Everyone's right noggs - doesn't matter if you're being taken for a ride, those kids will grow up knowing someone believed in them and that's the important thing.

I appear to have got back into bed...
M...eldy    pirate
09/12/2012 at 17:12

Pippi that sounds lovely!!

I have 4 recipes to make for next weekends christmas shindigs and I am most looking forwards to ginger and pear cheesecake 

Had a token amount of sleep, no more work tonight thank the lord 

XB
09/12/2012 at 17:20

Morning

Busy day here. I started with an 8 mile run then we've been to Cheshire. Ooooh it's posh alright. We went in the car to meet VW camper peeps. BBQ and chit chat and then we headed for home. Knackered.com

09/12/2012 at 17:42
Any left Pippi!?

Ooh that sounds nice Melds, recipe please!

Well run XB
09/12/2012 at 17:45

Evening

I might have imbibed some more wine - that's 2 out of 3 of the weekend opportunities, I'm turning into a right lush

Well met Yums

Well run XB

Well eaten Pippi and others

yes Yums it is my houndie friend.......I'm currently trying to get my hands on a sack of her preferred hound food as a chrimbo pressie for the houndies....although I'm not wrapping it!  A nice ribbon will have to suffice

M...eldy    pirate
09/12/2012 at 17:48

Spence.. this should be the right link

www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/10600/triple-ginger-cheesecake

I substituted rhubarb for pears cos rhubarb is vile

M...eldy    pirate
09/12/2012 at 17:49

well it would have been if the LINK would work !!

09/12/2012 at 18:54
Rhubarb is yummy what's wrong with you woman!!?
09/12/2012 at 18:57
Ooh that sounds great might do that !

Nice and simple
Much like myself!
XB
09/12/2012 at 19:09

Except for the "nice"

Nog
09/12/2012 at 19:20

Oh dear,

M...eldy wrote (see)

www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/10600/triple-ginger-cheesecake

I read that as Tripe-ginger-cheesecake

HL has SCD on.  FFS, It truly is rubbish

Nog
09/12/2012 at 19:22

Nice triple 0 number nab XB.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.