working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

213,001 to 213,020 of 239,951 messages
M...eldy    pirate
20/12/2012 at 19:45

Not quite sure where the ginger one has gone?

Talking of cat sick .. as we were this morning by the looks of it, I cleared up an extraordinary amount from the bottom of the stairs, he has obviously been saving that lot up!!   I cant actually believe that it all came out of one tummy   

20/12/2012 at 19:45

I've got a bottle of red wine and some sherry trifle. That'll cheer you up.

As for your work. They are asses.

I'm on me christmas hols.

M...eldy    pirate
20/12/2012 at 19:46

I'll have the wine, you can keep the trifle  

20/12/2012 at 19:57
I love a bit of trifle, me. Will happily live without wine

Never have to clean up sick in this house, pretty glad really!

Pah Meldy, but better than the other way round I assume! Have you got somewhere to go our well you be fighting the gpo for the turkey?
M...eldy    pirate
20/12/2012 at 20:24

Not sure at the moment Daffs ... might be outside  your door with a plate and a knife & fork and a catbowl 

20/12/2012 at 20:34

That sounds worse than Halloween

M...eldy    pirate
20/12/2012 at 20:36

20/12/2012 at 20:56

Why's everybody who's not a teacher on Christmas hols???? Some of us have to work you know!

Going back up the thread a bit - if Spence said it, it was meant to be rude!

I've had a Christmas party (jumping up and down a long time to play musical statues is the perfect occupation for one particular boy - you know - that one!  ... perhaps we can do it every day?)

Then I had my eyes tested at Tesco and did the big food shop and I'm hoping not to go out again (except to work - did I mention I still have to go to work tomorrow?). It wasn't too bad which is just as well as I don't do crowds and fighting over the sprouts (not that we are having sprouts, or turkey - a rather expensive cut of beef fillet instead!). And I've iced the cake.

Now I'm looking online for something to print off for tomorrow (yes, I'm still in work tomorrow ... )

Poor Pippette is home from the Midlands after working on a shop refit and has done way more hours in 3 days than she's contracted to do in a full week! But she has staggered out tonight on enormous heels and a tiny dress to the police Christmas do! Mr P hadn't realised she was home (he'd convalesced with an old friend over a pub lunch when she got in), but I hoped she was as someone was in our shower ...

M...eldy    pirate
20/12/2012 at 21:02

Tomorrow you say Pippi?   Sat & Sun for me ....  grrrrr  

M...eldy    pirate
20/12/2012 at 21:54

I have just watched The Puissance from Olympia .... that lil ole 'oss jumped a 7'10 wall !
I am not sure the FGO would be much competition for that prize!

Right, me and my snotty nose are orf to bed

20/12/2012 at 22:12
Pippi Christmas Stocking wrote (see)

Why's everybody who's not a teacher on Christmas hols???? Some of us have to work you know! 

Err hmmm - you're not the only one - and on less than a teacher's salary with less hollibobs....despite being more highly qualified than just about anyone else in the whole place......guess that actually makes me rather stupid doesn't it 

however Mr P is home and I've fallen asleep in front of the tv again so it's off to bed for me........

Sweet dreams all and here's hoping the catsick fairy doesn't pay any more visits (or the dogsick one for that matter )

20/12/2012 at 22:36
Well spotted Pippi!

I have to do some food shopping tomorrow, better get up a bit earlier!!
We are having a family, the 4 of us, Christmas dinner on Sunday. I'm thinking fish and a trifle and a bottle
I shall buy a Christmas pud in the sale Boxing Day
(I wouldn't normally go food shopping Boxing Day but as Mr Spence is working and the shop will be quiet)

I'm guessing you go back later than us Pippi?
21/12/2012 at 00:15
I'm working tomorrow too! (although it'll actually be 4 hours of crocheting on the train and a one hour nice chat...)
21/12/2012 at 05:06
Cup of tea anyone!?
21/12/2012 at 05:18
I might as well get up and brave Tesco!
What's the betting it'll be as bad as a Saturday morning!?
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
21/12/2012 at 05:50

I'm working - and Monday! We'll be trying to cram two clinics into the morning, I just hope everyone turns up!

Then I'm working Christmas Day, but that's a sort of voluntary affair. I get to recover Boxing Day, then back into clinics and catch up on Thursday!

I have booked New Year week off, but now I'm thinking it may be a mistake. I have loads of staff off sick - well, three (plus a doctor) at the moment, but out of 20 that's a lot!

I fell while out running last night, some idiot had left an old door laying across an unlit pathway, i was on the floor before my brain registered I was falling. A bit bruised, but nothing broken. I am being personally trained this morning, that'll be interesting with a sore shoulder and bruised ribs!!!!

21/12/2012 at 06:38
Poor dragon! hope you're feeling less delicate soon

Tea for me please Spence! We did morrisons at10 last night, wasn't too bad actually! Good luck...

You'd be welcome here on Christmas day Meldy, although if there's any hint of cat sick you'll be out on your ear!

Best get up I suppose, trains to catch, yawn...
21/12/2012 at 08:07

Oh Dragon, have some {{{{{{{{Dragon}}}}}}

Tesco was great

That's it now!

21/12/2012 at 08:15

Morning each,

Good luck to those travelling today.

I have a job to do in Oxford, then back to one of the villages, then home.  should be done by lunchtime with luck.

We're going to SIL's later to take her and partner out for a meal.  he's retiring from work so we felt we should mark it with a bit of a do.

It'll be full on Christmas shenanigans thereafter,  We have guests ( get me - guests!) coming for lunch on Sunday, then stayers arriving Sunday, Monday and two grandkids coming on Tuesday.

Where's me chainsaw?

21/12/2012 at 08:50

morning all,
well done on the shopping Spence, we still need to go but have got the booze etc so may try the 24 hour asda late tonight for other stuff.

Weather still crap and we are scheduled to get our front door replaced today. The colour faded on the outside so being replaced under guarantee not bad it was fitted 7 years ago.Yikes that's the door people arrived early better get off line now

cheers all

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.