working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

213,001 to 213,020 of 234,222 messages
XB
09/12/2012 at 19:38

Oh. I didn't notice that. Cool.

It would be vastly improved if there was a 5 minute segment where random members of the public twatted Claudia Winkelman with a cricket bat.

M...eldy    pirate
09/12/2012 at 19:45

Nice number XB !!

I quite like Claudia but she always seems to put her make up on in the dark

M...eldy    pirate
09/12/2012 at 19:46

I have one more present to decide on ... there is always an awkward bugger

09/12/2012 at 20:06
Well shocked face!!

Can't do one on my iPod!

The boys are watching something on Quest about the end of the world!! They are always watching Quest!!
09/12/2012 at 21:12

There's plenty of ginger cake/pudding left!

Pippette's gone to work in Keswick for the week.

I am glad to say I don't know who Claudia Winkelman is (I'm racking my brain for old German to think what that means) nor what Quest is.

I am however, watching a repeat of Midsomer and browsing campsites on the Cote d'Azur (it's going to be -5C there at night - but probably not in August .. although on past experience ...)

09/12/2012 at 21:13

Oh, Dutch! Of course. Now I know, I realise I already did know!

09/12/2012 at 21:37
Quest is a TV channel which is great for boys!!
Well boys like mine.
M...eldy    pirate
09/12/2012 at 21:48

Oh look .. bedtime again 

Dont think me and  the fat one will be getting out much this week, forecast looks a tad chilly

XB
10/12/2012 at 07:04

Morning. Lovely crisp morning.

10/12/2012 at 07:05
I'm on a train to London, will wave at DL since she's probably on one too
10/12/2012 at 07:40

Morning

I'm feeling a little grrrrr I'm out with a couple of friends this eve one is anorexic we always go for a curry to the same place, she has the same thing, vomits half way through and takes the rest home.....She thinks we don't know she vomits it up. We ignore it and try to let it not put us off our meal. Last time we tried somewhere else, not curry, it was lovely. She had a side salad as a main course. She vomited half way though...

She's just text assuming we are going to the same old curry house (she likes the control) friend & I want to go back to the other place.... She said "I didn't really like that place!!"

A side salad that she threw up!!!!????

10/12/2012 at 08:45

Morning

You might well wave Daffers, but in a dramatic turn of events I'm not on a train, I should have been, but now I'm not, I'm at home. I had a cancelled meeting so took advantage of the fact that I really didn't need to go to Suffolk today as I'll be there on Friday.

Noggy - GD is lucky to have you even if her parents don't acknowledge all you're doing

(((((((poorly WAISTers and their relatives and pets)))))))))

Yums - I didn't realise such things as 'housecoats' still existed, or are you living in the 1950's?

Talking of the 1950's - have just finished 11/22/63 by Stephen King - recommended by Pippi - a very good read.

Had a family weekend - catching up with relatives in the home counties - it was a bit stressful and long. My Mum was very teary about her planned move to live with brother in the Spring, money and my two brothers falling out. Was hard work. Have also just discovered that OH's brother will be with us for 5 nights over Christmas - 5 nights????!!!!!!! aaaarrrgggghhhhh - that's added to the 4 nights of Mother in law and niece and a boxing day of even more of OH's rello's - I'm thinking of running away to join the circus.

Spence - perhaps the toilets at the curry place are nicer?

Hey ho - best get on, happy new week, full of endless possibilities and opportunity - hope it's a good one

10/12/2012 at 08:55

Ewwww, spence, I was eating my toast reading that. Wouldn't it just be  easier to either not invite her or do something that doesn't involve food

Ooh, lots of baking going on here Not sure about Daffy's mashed potato cake though. Give me a wave, Daffy, I should be able to see you almost from here

A BBQ in December, XB ???

I spent yesterday painting at chums. Was so full of germblies the kids sent  me to bed - twice - Am no use to man nor beast (well cush thinks i am) so am taking today off sick as I feel and am blowing hot and cold.

WAIST well

10/12/2012 at 09:00

DL,  too many freaks and not enough circuses - circii, circus' ? I think Stephen King could write another good book that would strike terror into people everywhere - Rellies. - the Overstayers......just when you thought it was safe.....

Spence, maybe curry is easier to regurgiate than salad ?

10/12/2012 at 09:22

Morning each,

The advantage with a bulimic(?)/anorexic eating a curry is that it looks the same in both directions

Oh dear Yums, the snot monster has a lot to answer for.

GD update- after spending all day with GD, as I do every Saturday,  all I got from her parents was an abusive text.  Ah well, I'm going to keep at it.

An easy day planned here.  FIL is staying over and we're taking him to The Randolph (as featured on Inspector Morse many times) for tea.

HL has the dentist this morning - I'm in for root canal work tomorrow - whoopee.

10/12/2012 at 10:10

morning

I seem to keep reading back and running out of time to post lately

Noggs - I concur with all my WAISter pals - you and HL are fab!

((((poorly Yumms)))

all trying to get back to normal in the FF household, but its not easy - Mr FF has had a cough for weeks and won't go to the docs, his finger got better so he went back to work now its as bad as ever, his mother just wants to die, my parents are a complete nightmare etc! on the plus side, the boys are OK, dogs and cats are fine and we had a nice night out at the German Chrismas market!

I received my secret Santa thanks!!! but have yet to purchase any presents  and biggest shock, for the first time ever - haven't made a Christmas pud  - I'm sure we'll survive

10/12/2012 at 10:55

(((((((((((((((FarFars)))))))))))))))

A very hard time for you all, Jen, Sending lots of love and supportive vibes. 

((((((((((((((Yums))))))))))))))

When even your children are sending you to bed, you know you really need to stay there, so good for you for taking the day off. Now, stay at home til you're really better!  Especially since the meeting went well  you want to be back in commission asap. xxx

Quick read back....strange days. DL is NOT on a train (thud!) having changed her job to running a hotel for relatives. Spence is going out for dinner with a friend who rents the food by the 10 minute interval  Meldy has made trip cake (??????!!) XB has runned 8 miles  Pippi is about to bunk off to the south of France. Amandaxson has been a real hero---hooray! Sluggie has been making Christmas happy for lots of elderly rellies so she can cruise off with a clear conscience  Podds has officially become a socialite---and also the spokesman for us all when it comes to applauding Nogs and GL and their care of GD!!!

Bizzy times here. C1's luggage arrived on Saturday morning so she was a happy bunny after that. Went to Leiden for a wander through the old streets, as C2 is going to move up there next year sometime. Really gorgeous place. Lessons and Carols at church last night, went very well so happy all round. C1 and are off to Cologne tomorrow for a little girlie escape and a Christmas market fest---there are EIGHT of them in Cologne )))))

Not much chugging going on with ice, snow, delayed offspring etc but at Christmas you have to do what you can...

10/12/2012 at 11:05

Morning

((((Poorly WAISTers))))

JFF - when Mr P was being stubborn about going to the quacks i told him that if he didn't I would book him in for a prostate exam and then explained to him exactly what it involves................he went to the quacks about 2 days later 

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
10/12/2012 at 11:14

Morning

Like Jenni, I read and run out of time and things to say that's not been said!!!

Nogs, there's many a child would love to have grandparents like  you, keep at it.

Podds, you should have been a nurse, just the right kind of sympathy and graphic explanations if the patient doesn't do as he's told , some people train for years to get to that level!

(((poorly WAISTers))))

What an awful life that eating disorder girl has, I do feel for people who need that much control in their lives. Having said that, she could be a little more considerate to her friends - good on you Spence for sticking with her, many would have turned away by now.

I'm 'working' from home today , as someone who is expert at procrastination (I spent years studying at home remember?), I've (properly) cleaned all through downstairs ready for the christmas decs .

Better get on..........

10/12/2012 at 11:45
Oh dear, I seem to have applied for a bus pass today. I hate telly, I think teenagers make the country look untidy.
All I need now is a beige jacket and i'll officially be an old person.

I can't find my outside griswald Christmas lights. That may be another indicator.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.