213,021 to 213,040 of 237,129 messages
21/12/2012 at 09:00

Ready roll icing best before Aug 2010.

What you reckon!?

edited for typos!

Edited: 21/12/2012 at 09:03
21/12/2012 at 09:03

morning

I'm amazed that Spence hasn't made any chopper jokes what with Noggs and his chainsaw and tree felling

(((nog gob))) I'm deputising for nurse sluggy and she I'm sure would prescribe the topical application al alcofrol

Of course I understood DL's toater over reference... ahem

Snaily, spence is right, abstinence isn't the only answer  - unless that suits you

Awww, M....edly, work are a pain. You are of course welcome here too for chrimbo dinner - not sure how the GPO would fair with the lady of the manor but she's a little slower off the mark with her limpy leg

(((Sue))) Are you sure you should be running around unlit places -  you might scare someone  Sounds a nasty fall so take it easy.

I would like to point out that excitement got the better of me yesterday and I am actually working Chrimbo eve too.

Larry, I think Tesco and ASDA delivery blots are probably booking for next year already! Send Mr Larry out with a list - not sure what he will return with but at least it will keep him out of trouble for a while

Chuggy, best you keep away from WAISter gatherings - you are not allowed to shatter my illusions and let me see your halo at a jaunty angle.

Podds, tis my intention to toddle down NYD and waddle  - shall have to see how mrs D progresses - I shall check her paws - corns did cross my mind although I did check her pads - will put my binoculars on and take a peek - fab news for DG and his poorly paw

I have pacels to collect and food to buy and a gift for father to sort

21/12/2012 at 09:04

Spence  although it might have a nice mottled, blue cheese like effect - if you can roll it that is

21/12/2012 at 09:14

Since ready roll icing is just sugar and chemicals, neither of which is especially perishable, I reckon you're prolly fine, Spence)

Erm, Noggy, is anything wrong? Your annoucements of visiting grandkids are not usually followed by the comment 'where's me chainsaw'!!!!! Surely they can't have been THAT naughty?!? 

Ah, Westie, having your front door replaced in the midst of a howling gale. Now, that's the true WAISter spirit 

{{{{{{{{{Dragon Lady}}}}}}}}}}}}

That sounded like a nasty fall. Take care of yourself. Especially as you are going to be taking care of so many other people over the hols, it sounds like. It's a very tiring time for those of you in the front line---hats off to you, 

And sympathy to those still chipping away in the salt mines even now. Pippi, how's Mr Pipps feeling now? Hope Pipette is getting some rest after that huge effort at work---you should be proud of her, though!

Podds, like the name. Isn't La Befana a sort of Italian Mother Christmas??

Busy day here. Both boys have suddenly realised it's nearly Christmas and need to  do their shopping  Got to try to get a jump on the cooking for the weekend (eg make the vegggie main course for Christmas dinner). 

Have discovered that running, even a little bit and slow, cures backache  AND---this is truly weird---yesterday I gave away most of a bag of crisps. I'm not big on sweets, but give me a giant bag of salted crisps and I'll eat for England! So very strange that  I opened a bag yesterday, had a few and didn't fancy the rest. I wanted to eat celery instead. Has anyone else got this abnormal condition? Is it serious???

21/12/2012 at 09:16

Sorry, Yums, didn't see you there. But what are you doing on Christmas night that you have to work then?? Are you going to be an airport pawing through people's stuff???

And Melds, it's bad having to work at Christmas but worse to find out at the last minute that you aren't! 

21/12/2012 at 09:25

Never mind about choppers and toaster ovens.

I was making a pasta dish yesterday and was going to grate some Parmesan, but HL was very keen to show me a lovely shaved Pecorino

21/12/2012 at 11:13

Morning All

Why are there always so many last minute things that need doing urgently!!  Best get on

Had a bit of a disaster on the way in and now have 2 broken shoes so am in white sandals with my christmas purple look 

Can weare proper shoes so long as I don't walk very far though so will change once at lunch - after a glass or two I won't care 

(((((((Dragon)))))))) that sounds painful and also a bit of a shock - I hate it when you're on the floor before you realise. And you take care with all those working hours next week - I reckon you'll be the workiest WAISTer or at least vying for it with Meldy over Chrimbo

Spence wrote (see)

Ready roll icing best before Aug 2010.

What you reckon!?

edited for typos!

Errr not for me thanks Spence 

Yums wrote (see)

Podds, tis my intention to toddle down NYD and waddle  - shall have to see how mrs D progresses - I shall check her paws - corns did cross my mind although I did check her pads - will put my binoculars on and take a peek - fab news for DG and his poorly paw

Yippee hooray hoorah   

I am tail end charlying with the boys so will only be walking - when I mentioned that  you and Cushtie may come down to Mr P he valiantly offered that if the weather wasn't too bad and it was necessary that he would cycle over and then take charge of Sharkey and Cush if she'll stay with him and you and I can go round with the DG and the NV - just another option

*skips off excitedly to planning the coming of the Yums*

realised what she's said and waits for the comments.................

Laters 

21/12/2012 at 12:06

Podds, you cannot mention disasters, say that you're in white sandals and then not tell us what happened!

I think we'll just leave Nogg, Spence and DL to enjoy their smutty talk

Chuggy, I'm only woking christmas eve daytime and sadly, it's been a very long time since I asked a lady to remove her clothes - either at work or in my personal life

Mr P is indeed very galant, Podds. I'm hoping fanny fusspot will pick up or I will need a pram for her

I couldn't park in ALDI car park! Being such a tart I decamped to Lidl  Boys will be home in 1 hr. Guess the world didn't end or did I miss it ?

21/12/2012 at 13:42

Seeing as I have a bag of new ready to go icing I think I shall, pass on the 2010 vintage....mainly cos the cake costs so much to make I'd hate to spoil it for the matter of a few pennies!!

Have had a great catch up with friend/colleague this morning, she is a teacher, we started the same time but have been friends since girls started Nursery....we have to "talk" outside of work...walls have ears  ours is a funny old place to work at times...all female staff (apart from site manager) staff been there since time in memorial!!  You get the picture!!

21/12/2012 at 16:49

AWww, Spence, those old friends are the best. 

Well, Yums, at least the boys won't care whether the nosh came from Lidl or a posh restaurant, it's the quantity not the quality that counts! (At least with mine.) Hope your fusspot starts to feel better soon, not sure Mr P was counting on being a pram-pusher 

Podds, Yummy is absolutely right! What's this about "Can weare proper shoes so long as I don't walk very far" and otherwise it's white sandals?? What happened? Are you really OK????

Most of what I planned I haven't done, as Chuglets both wanted me to come Christmas shopping with them. Really nice since they're really all grown up! I DID cut all my crystallised peel (remember the project 3 weeks ago?) into matchsticks and dip them in melted chocolate, so I know I won't be divorced before Christmas no matter what else I mess up  Gotta take Ross for a quick walk then off to choir. Hope Sluggie is now living the life of a lady of leisure on the ocean wave.....

21/12/2012 at 17:22

Podds, hope you've had a dance round those white sandals

M...eldy    pirate
21/12/2012 at 18:09
good king westie wrote (see)

morning all,
well done on the shopping Spence, we still need to go but have got the booze etc so may try the 24 hour asda late tonight for other stuff.

Weather still crap and we are scheduled to get our front door replaced today. The colour faded on the outside so being replaced under guarantee not bad it was fitted 7 years ago.Yikes that's the door people arrived early better get off line now

cheers all

No coincidence that the Dragon lady fell over one then ??!!!

Evening all,  Spence the only thing I could think of with the roll on icing was that it would lose colour and you dont want icing the colour of your knickers

I am heading to Eastbourne for NYE and there is a threat of a dip on NYD, I very much hope that that bit is forgotten

Back to work tomorrow .. earlies

By dose is still ruddin for those that care 

XB
21/12/2012 at 19:28

Evening.

White sandals in the depth of winter? What manner of disaster could have befallen you, Podds?

I'm having an evening of quiet sophistication with Mrs XB. The kids are at a sleepover so we've opene our anniversary champers and are washing down a curry while ogling at Corrie. Life is sweet.

21/12/2012 at 19:57

Bet Podds has her socks on with the sandals!

oooo Sue hope your not too sore

very quiet day at work today, i've started work on my upgrate to the CIPD, thats how boring it was!

Chinese, wine and corrie for me tonight, have a weekend painting so going to chill while I can

I am also working CE, the days inbetween christmas and NYE   However I think I'll be handing in my notice soon, RW has bee blocked from the stupid work web

M...eldy    pirate
21/12/2012 at 20:09

I think I may have an early night .. up at stoopid o'clock tomorrow 

21/12/2012 at 20:16

Hope GPO doesnt wake you with any surprises Meldy

21/12/2012 at 23:43

Ello

A highly satisfactory sesh  - been on the razz for just short of 12 hours - I impress myself sometimes - didn't think I still had it in me at my age 

Stapled shoes - they lasted a while then they gave up the ghost.........

Had the police called out to my bus home - I really know how to live here on Plannitt Ffannit but am now safely home and am going to bed.........

..........I may leave Mr P to walk the dogs tomorrow

Sweet dreams all

22/12/2012 at 00:12
Night Podds!

I've officially lost it. I've worked full time for two whole years (a fact which has continually amazed me, and makes my mother laugh out loud when she thinks about it).

Today was my last day of full time work - I'm going down to 4 days a week after the new year.

Did I mark this momentous occasion? Did I have a drink to celebrate? Er, no. I entirely forgot. Yep, that's right, I stomped my little feet for 2 whole years and when my day of freedom finally arrived, I forgot...

Gin and cakes all round tomorrow gang!
22/12/2012 at 07:43
*sits up in bed and awaits her gin*

Ice and a slice please Daffs.
M...eldy    pirate
22/12/2012 at 08:12

Is it gin o'clock already?

I am on my 3rd coffee  

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.