working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

213,041 to 213,060 of 238,452 messages
22/12/2012 at 08:28
Hasn't been delivered yet...pah!

The doorbell went I'm sure the postman said under his breath "too long"
Cheek!

I've had a parcel from sister, includes a 50th present and a card with a tirade in it.
Very upsetting to say the least.
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
22/12/2012 at 08:49

((((Spence)))) - bliddy famblies eh? Much better of in WAISTer world 

My SS came yesterday - thank you. I've not opened it, it's sitting waiting for the right day  - not referring to anyone in particular you understand 

22/12/2012 at 09:04
Thanks Dragon, she's harping on; amongst other stuff, about a nightdress she gave mum.....she died in 1981.

I think you'll find Dragon that we ALL have our SS under the tree.....all expect Chuggs *shocked face*

Whodda thought Chuggs would be the rebel
22/12/2012 at 09:12

morning

Why does Sue fall over when Wesite goes booze shopping at midnight ?

(((spence))) What's that all about, eh ? Here's your present and then the need to let you know how they feel. Bonkers and completely unnecessary, no wonder you're upset. And how long ago was your birthday ???? Md, mad, mad. mad.  As sue says, families, eh !

What a hoobacious idea to start the NY with a swim, M...eldy

Daffy, you must be enjoying FT work far too much

Oooh, cabaret on the bus home,Podds.  Planitt Ffannit  really pushes the boat out at Christmas Did you really have white sandals or did I make that bit up ?

Chuggs, I'm not sure about crystalised peel dipped in choccy. I think I may have to try some to find out. Lovely the chuglets want you to go shopping with them - as long as they dont want you to take your credit card out to play too.

Its wetter than a wet thing in wetsville here - in the driest place in England I am out on the razz tonight but its 6 miles away and not decided how to get there and back - summer means my bike. Mind you, I much prefer to stay in these days.

XB, are you wearing my pipe and slippers whilst woooing Mrs XB with curry and champagne - that is so a recipe for wind - I know - well, not the wooing bit you understand 

22/12/2012 at 09:27

A nightdress she bought you mum over30 years ago, Spence. - that puts her issues right out there for all to see, doesn't it!  It must be a pretty sad existence for people like her and my sis. They appear to spend their time preoccupied with perceived wrongs and how to seek 'revenge', meanwhile you and me are getting on with our lives and hold no ill will against them

22/12/2012 at 09:27
The ironic thing is the card says.... 'Have a fun day"

Followed by a good dig! You couldn't make it up!

Tipping it down here too! Meeting H later that'll cheer me up that and me WAISTer mates
22/12/2012 at 09:28
Yep Yums you got it right there!

Basically what it comes down to is dad and I moved on she didn't.
Doesn't mean we loved mum less.
Doesn't mean we miss her less.
We did what she wanted us to do.
It's been vey difficult at times.

Sister has ME and is addicted to morphine she however has not helped herself.
I think she'd win you a toaster but hasn't got to grips with that either.
Edited: 22/12/2012 at 09:32
22/12/2012 at 09:35
Sorry about all that.
22/12/2012 at 10:06
Oh Dear spence, SIS does sound tragic.

I appear to have caught wineflu.

Will check in later when I get home.
22/12/2012 at 10:32

O dear {{{{Nogs}}}}

AND SIL's card is sitting here waiting for Mr Spence to write and post it.....the last time I left it to him and she didn't get one she wrote to ME complaining!?
If she rang occasionally I might feel inclined to write it myself.

22/12/2012 at 11:01

Has the gin all gone????

Jeez Spence, your sis has some issues, she's in the same league as Yums Sis!  its tragic actually that people cant move on from the past and it screws up their relationships with family and friends.  But you cant change them so just let them get on with it.  hope you havent kept hold of the card, chuck it in the log fire.

Podds had an exciting xmas do, wonder if there is a sore head in question today!

Our painting plans are up the shoot today, MrS has manflu and has kept us awake all night.  I'm not even dressed yet  so will get my gear on and head up town with the masses.  then I'm planning on chilling with a book and relaxing for a change.

22/12/2012 at 11:02

AND Vernon Kay is being booted off Radio 1, today is his last show, gutted, I'm so a R2 girl from now on, R1 is now officially shite IMO

22/12/2012 at 11:20

right really am going to get dressed now

22/12/2012 at 11:44

It's your age, snaily - R2 when you hit 30

((nogs and mr Snaily))) good luck to their respective OH's!

Spence - lesmania has enough people with issues, I'm not sure we have room for any more. I like Snaily's idea of fuelling the log burner with the card

Right, the boys have finally gone - their Dad wasn't in last night at 9.45 when I took them round there so I bought them home and told him he could collect them this morning

XB
22/12/2012 at 13:29

It appears that all the laws of the road have been suspended for the festive period. I've never been so scared on a run. Still, 8 miles done. It was a warm up a hard 10k effort (52 mins - happy) and a cool down. That's good enough for me so I'm not packing my kit for the trip to London.

Families, eh? They say you can't choose them. And you probably wouldn't choose all of them.

22/12/2012 at 13:53
Yep your stuck wiv families for life!

Yums why didn't he let you know he wasn't in rather than get the boys excited to see him grrrrrrrr

Well I've not been out, town is heaving so unless I was running out of water or air I shan't be attempting to venture out. Car would be no use anyway a boat seems the best mode of transport !
M...eldy    pirate
22/12/2012 at 14:54

My snots were not required at work so I came home at 2

Me and the GPO are watching Olympia 

22/12/2012 at 15:20

Right, we're back from the bunting and frolics that is Wantage of a Friday evening.  We had a lovely dinner and some of us (no names etc) had too much to drink.

We're back inside Bicester City Limits now and have done an impromptu Tesco visit - it was relatively free of ar53 cramp. 

On a more serious note, It's probably a good thing that we share our family/life difficulties, it does help realising that we are not alone.

I'm going to make a start on lunch - for tomorrow!

22/12/2012 at 16:50

Hello all

((((germified)))))

I was working too hard of Friday trying to get everything done to get in here - see Pippi - you're not the only one. I'm also on call on Christmas Eve.

Fambilies - *sighs*. We are having a few complications this end - nothing too awful just annoying.

22/12/2012 at 17:34
Today I have been a hermit

I've now opened the wine whist cooking macaroni cheese for tea. It's the first day in 3 months where I've done NOTHING and it feels good. Settling in for SCD
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.