working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

213,061 to 213,080 of 239,071 messages
22/12/2012 at 17:48

yay, Snaily, I joined you in a oing diddly today and my evening out has cancelled  - I'm having a fab time

(((DL)))

*wonders what on earth DL's family are like*

Noggs, I agree, I hesitate to say it but the voice of sanity from WAISter chums does put other people's behaviour into perspective

22/12/2012 at 17:53

I feel very lucky with my family, who on the whole cause very little mischief (apart from my dad, who doesn't exactly *cause* mischief, he just doesn't do *anything at all* which some people interpret as all kinds of bad things...

My house is full of grumpiness so I am off round to someone else's for food, fire and jenga

M...eldy    pirate
22/12/2012 at 17:55

Macaroni cheese is vile!

We have just announced this years RW Six for Spring Marathon training ... Spence, DL you could jump aboard a relevent thread?
Daffs ???    You too  

22/12/2012 at 18:25

Omelette and Nog  chips here.  We went through the card at the restaurant last night so a little restraint is in order.  We have guests arriving from tomorrow.  I'm doing a big dish of Lasagne for tomorrow, salmon for Monday then the usual stuff for Christmas Day with some slighlty different starters and puds.  The wines and port will be good too

22/12/2012 at 18:33

*whisltles* Anyone seen Meldy? Not heard from her for yonks

Thanks for the wise words, I've had a lovely day With "H" she read the card, ot loud in a dramatic voice which made me laugh, she then closed it and calmly said "she's bonkers"

She's on a diet H, we shared a pudding In 25 years I've never been asked by her to share a pudding!!!

Remember ages ago I told you about "My Mate J" and her Rottie getting attacked by a Staffie, who had already killed a cat and went on to bite her FIL!?

They were in court yesterday.....the owner got off

Thank goodness it wasn't a child!

I love Macaroni Cheese

22/12/2012 at 18:38

Nogs, shall we bring our own bedding?

XB
22/12/2012 at 18:40

How can the owner get off? That stinks.

Meldy's up there you blind bat

22/12/2012 at 18:42

My bag is already packed, spence and  my sleeping bag, blanky and Mrs dawg are by the front door

LOL at H and her reading of the card - just the ticket

*hands out cheese so no one can hear M...eldy talkiing marafun stuff*

22/12/2012 at 18:52

All welcome here, a  Waister Christmas sounds the biz.

SCD seems to be on the telly.  I'm being very tolerant and entering into the spirit as my moaning has annoyed HL

Although, If I see a white light in the next couple of hours, I'll be walking towards it.

XB
22/12/2012 at 18:57

It ight be steaming towards you.

I'll give you a hint as to the "must watch" telly this Christmas. New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, BBC2, early evening; Celebrity Mastermind.

The celebrities might be a bit obscure but there's a chap, his wife, mother and sister sat in the front row that'll keep you entertained for 30 minutes

M...eldy    pirate
22/12/2012 at 18:59

Noggs you should have said .... I am booked for Tuesday now  

LolXB !   Oh and dont forget Superstars on aweek today I think, thats good telly  !!

XB
22/12/2012 at 19:01

We are off to that there Richmond on Thames tomorrow. I'll probably be maintaining radio silence for much of the festivities. My SS present (unopened) is packed.

I'll take this opportunity to wish everyone of you (and your nearest and dearest) the very best of everything for Christmas and I hope that the New Year brings you a handsome dollop of just what you desire.

Thanks for being WAISters.

22/12/2012 at 19:03

(((Spence))) - I have a colleague who is very upset by something that has happened in her family too. Makes your realise how lucky you can be. We are not close (geographically or in age either!) but we get along fine. Life's too short for a family feud, but sadly not everyone agrees.

Night out last night - great fun as it was so bad we had to laugh. If only I'd taken DL to describe it properly. Thai fish cakes with the texture of sausage - mostly some sort of mash with a fishy/Thai flavour.

Main course - plates plonked down in front of you, then turkey slammed on. One person had inedible salmon (my chicken was okay). Black and white potatoes - meant to be roasted ... told by management they hadn't been burnt, but as they were roasted they had 'caramelised'! Serving dishes of veg and gravy removed from the table while people still eating, then plates taken away without a word of enquiry as to whether you had finished (we had!).

Pudding - first taste - it's actually quite nice ... put the fork in for the next bit - hang on, it's frozen solid! Told it was an 'ice cream gateau' - we had expected tiramisu not something so solid you could (and did) pick up on a fork and wave around with no perceivable effect.

Undrinkable coffee.

Then to crown it all, a Lady Gaga "tribute"! Now I am not overly familiar with the oeuvre of this artiste, but I take it that she wasn't especially good!

AND I was driving so suffered the whole thing in complete sobriety!

Luckily I have a mad colleague who roused us all to a state of hysteric and ironic enjoyment!

M...eldy    pirate
22/12/2012 at 19:09

Lol Pippi !!  I would have videoed it         Did you pay?

XB, and to you and yours as well, I shall clear the motorways for you

22/12/2012 at 19:18

Evening All

Can't stop - have to head over to the SCD thread Sorry Noggs!!!

M...eldy    pirate
22/12/2012 at 19:28

I'm  watching (well drooling truth be known) to Podds, sorry Noggs  

22/12/2012 at 19:57

time to cool off and fan myself a little bit now........there are some visions on a Saturday night which keep a girl (oh very welll you pedants - a middle aged woman!) very happy 

M...eldy    pirate
22/12/2012 at 20:00

Yep, and this young lady too 

22/12/2012 at 20:02

In the spirit of the season, I have found a way to tolerate SCD.

I have just watched Flavia and Kimberley with the sound off. PHWOAR (in a sex pest stylee)

OK I was wrong, I've just watched it with HL.  3 out of the 4 were amazing, the downside is that I now only have eyes for Flavia.  I can live with that.

22/12/2012 at 20:05
Flippin eck Lewis is Fit
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.