working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

213,061 to 213,080 of 234,231 messages
11/12/2012 at 21:18

I'm now sewing a hat and beard onto an old fleece sweater ...

Friday is wear a Christmas jumper day - in aid of Save the Children.

M...eldy    pirate
11/12/2012 at 21:37

Excellent Pippi!   Have forwarded that one to work to see if we can play as well !

Orf to bed, its a bit warmer under two piles of duck down 

11/12/2012 at 22:12

where has the night gone, didnt finish work till late and then i seem to be spending a lot of time in supermarkets.  went tonight for xmas tags came out with, bread, cards, 2 hot choc tubs, cat treats.....no bliddy tags!  Tea, ironing, emailing stuff and now its time for bed!

Dont know what dundee cake is, but if it has burnt bits, custard is always a good softener 

Spence that log burner is well nice.  clever Mr spence.  bet its nice at toasty at yours.  I think we might go for a pretend log burner for our living room, we dont even have a flue so it has to be an electric fire

Right bed time me thinks, HC has been out, there was thud from upstairs and we found the BFG hiding under our bed, HC came back in and just sat next to him.  I'm gonna start asking BFG's parents for rent soon, hes in our house more than theirs!

11/12/2012 at 22:47

LOL at your uninvited guest and DL's unreliable maybe guests!

The DG is on the mend but still has open wound so we go back AGAIN on Friday and I have yet more cream but this time foul tasting so he won't lick it off!

Vtgv did suggest a bandage to stop him licking but we're going for a sock instead as that way it can get fresh air at night when he doesn't bug it.........

At least I don't get charged for all this

XB
12/12/2012 at 07:00

Morning

It's all white, alright.

XB
12/12/2012 at 07:03

Don't forget

12:12:12 12/12/12

12/12/2012 at 07:29

Morning

Brrrrrrrrr

XB, if I hear that'll never happen again in our life time I think I might scream!

Great idea Pippi

Snaily we have one front and back now

I've taken Mr Spence brekkie in bed

12/12/2012 at 07:57

cant you just tell who is the accountant round here........

LOL at DG in socks

XB
12/12/2012 at 08:48

If you were born yesterday, you'd be 89 on 01/01/01 (2101); surely that's not beyond the bounds of possibility.

12/12/2012 at 08:53

Morning each.

I have a few smallish trees to fell this morning then a visit to the lovely Cecilly later for a haircut.

I'll do my bit for diversity later too.  I need to negotiate a deal with the tooth fairy. If I'm to have this tooth out i need to defray the expense.

12/12/2012 at 08:54

XB, these long winter evenings must fly by at XB Towers.

12/12/2012 at 09:16

Morning

I had good intentions today to cycle to / from work - honest  - but the ice has put paid to that idea...........shame 

Actually it is a glorious sunny cold day just the type I love.............although I loved somewhat less the honking hound at 0530...... 

Happy Wednesdays all

12/12/2012 at 13:45
((( Noggs tooth))) the dentist broke the drill bit in mine. It's still in there. I set the bleeps thing off at the airport every time :0/

Poor dogs being dragged out in the sleet! How could you Podds! Fling was wearing bedsocks last night :0)

Good news about your mum's bungalow Snail :0)

Grrr to " friend " who didn't pick you up Sluggy

I've given up on Tesco food delivery. Tried a few times and it kept getting cancelled because the boat hadn't sailed and the food wasn't in,

Just my mothers present to sort. Going to get M n S vouchers because whatever I get her she never likes and always gives away, so whoever she gives the vouchers to can choose their own present.

(((( waisters))))
12/12/2012 at 13:48

Afternoon,

Poor DG with his poorly paw , I do hope that this lot of cream does the trick.

I got into the spirit of today by having a gob-doctor check-up at 12.00, all OK for another 9 months.

It is a bit warmer here today, yesterday's frost and ice has gone in most places. Haven't heard a forecast for the next few days.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

12/12/2012 at 14:18

I binned work a bit early today.  I managed to get one tree down after a bit of a kerfuffle.  I cut it but it hung up in surrounding trees.  A bit of imaginative work with some ropes sorted that.

I think I need a new chain for my chainsaw.  It was about as effective as using a knife and fork.

the tooth fairy is offering 50p and playing hard ball.

My SS arrived yesterday and is waiting under the tree.  Thank you in anticipation.

It's in some lovely wrapping paper and is making me feel a proper scrouge as mine was despatched with no such finery and no niceties or frills whatsoever.

12/12/2012 at 16:26
My present arrived from Mr Tubs today :0) Unfortunately it wasn't in a brown cardboard box but in its display box so I know exactly what it is!! I'm getting Mr Tubs a 5 kg medicine ball, which is a bit unfortunate as he hurt his back when we were repairing the field gate post on Sunday :0/

Xmas dinner sorted online :0) even the gravy - my gravy is only fit for building material! I'm ok with veg in the steam oven, they don't burn, just get wetter :0)
The parsnips, and Mr Tubs are already looking pale :0)

((((( waisters))))
M...eldy    pirate
12/12/2012 at 17:16

Evening all

Another couple of hours worshipped at the altar of the church of exercise

12/12/2012 at 18:08
Thank goodness you're keeping at it melds, I'm doing nothing at the mo and my clothes are shrinking.

I'm in the dentists chair at 9 on Friday for the extraction.

HL is something of a gravy guru. Onion, carrots, celery, wine and recurrent jelly are all involved.
M...eldy    pirate
12/12/2012 at 18:09

No culinary skillz tonight from me, another two to make on Friday I think and then thats me done for Ch*stmas!!

12/12/2012 at 18:18
Tubsterr wrote (see)
 I'm getting Mr Tubs a 5 kg medicine ball, which is a bit unfortunate as he hurt his back when we were repairing the field gate post on Sunday :0/

Oh dear  I'm sorry I shouldn't have laughed but a giggle escaped me!

Tubsterr wrote (see)
Xmas dinner sorted online :0) even the gravy - my gravy is only fit for building material! I'm ok with veg in the steam oven, they don't burn, just get wetter :0)
The parsnips, and Mr Tubs are already looking pale :0) 

LOL Again Tubbs - glad there's someone as "challenged" as me in the kitchen - I was beginning to feel a bit inadequate amongst all these tales of culinary daring do recently

Just running a quick bath and need to be out for 7pm for chrimbo dinner number 2 of 2012   A glass of wine is waiting for me

Adios mis amigos

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.