working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

213,081 to 213,100 of 233,087 messages
12/12/2012 at 18:41

Enjoy Podds

I've been Daved

We had rather a surreal conversation with the boy at tea time...

"I'm working harder in English now"
"How come!?"
"I want to move sets"
"How come!?"
"Everyone mucks about & the teacher can't control the class!"

Now whether this actually happens remains to be seen but at least the thought is there!!!    and if you knew my boy you'd know what a massive shift it is!!!

12/12/2012 at 18:43
Adios Podds I'm off out for some kind of Thai meal tonight although I confess I'd much rather be at home on the sofa with a hot chocolate!x!
M...eldy    pirate
12/12/2012 at 18:53

I think I am going to bed with a hot water bottle ... its effing freezing in here !!

12/12/2012 at 19:00

I have the Nog Enterprises Christmas do to organise.  If I allow WAGS that be the two of us.

It'll be Guinness and a packet of perk scratchings this year I think.

Oh, maybe not pork scratchings after my tooth extraction.  Guinness and soup it is then.

M...eldy    pirate
12/12/2012 at 19:21

'perk scratchings' ??   The mind boggles  

12/12/2012 at 19:40

Had a short run - been putting it off as I've been really tired recently, but it was good. No Garmin but I kept going and had a walk at the half way hill. The 30 minutes was just right as I neared home and decided that the cold was winning. Any further would have been pretty uncomfortable!

I am off for a test drive in Mr Ps newish car as mine is going in for a service tomorrow. Then we are wrapping pressies! Useful that Pippette is away all week (and all next week too, apparently, unless her work have changed dates yet again!)

12/12/2012 at 21:02

Noggs, I think the Noggs enterprises chrimbo do should be extended to the WAISter babes if you're looking for totty  

Have a fab time, Podds but remember its a school night

well plodded Pippi - I can see your halo shine

Daffy, bunk off and drink hot choc, we wont tell

Buddhist group Christmas meal tomorrow - yeah, I know, that seems rather odd but Buddhists are so inclusive - Indian meal of course - I best order the veggie option ;-) And, I've just given sis and bro in law's Christmas gift money to the Salvation Army as I know they will appreciate it (sally Ann that is) and make good use of it - oh it feels good. Is it very wrong for me to enjoy writing their Christmas card and take pleasure in telling them 

12/12/2012 at 21:04
Thank goodness you're keeping at it melds, I'm doing nothing at the mo and my clothes are shrinking.

I'm in the dentists chair at 9 on Friday for the extraction.

HL is something of a gravy guru. Onion, carrots, celery, wine and recurrent jelly are all involved.
12/12/2012 at 21:14
Eeeeeeeek, that's plain spooky.

Yumster, if I was looking for totty I wouldn't look further than the waister babes.
The Nog parties are noted for their eye candy so my waister chums will fit right in.

I like the idea of Buddhism, being spiritual rather than religious, and you get Indian food. I'm in.

As an aside, just to show I'm as susceptible to the wiles of tv, I've quite got into masterchef. Wow, they are so talented.

Decaff anyone?
12/12/2012 at 22:06

I'm off to scratch my perks.

12/12/2012 at 23:23

Evening - I'm home (as Yums said it is a school night and tomorrow I'm at a meeting first thing at another school so need to scrub up and be bright eyed and bushy tailed....)

Talking of which....... *averts eyes from Nogs scratching his perks*

Nice meal in a renovated pub overlooking Broadstairs harbout no where near as pretty as Ramsgate harbour as that's a proper one with boats and stuff but very nice all the same

Yums - are you and Cushtie around NYD?  Me and the boys are going to do the bra run in Deal if you've nothing else doing

13/12/2012 at 06:25
Are the boys going to be in bras too Podds??

Only vaguely keeping up with you lot at ths minute. Stopped doing internet things at work and it makes everything so much harder!

Back on train again today, this is gettingrather tediously repetitive I confess!
XB
13/12/2012 at 06:59

Morning

Well run, Pipples. I abandoned this morning - it was just too cold for my poor hands.

Deal or no deal, Yums? I hear that's where the tits hang out.

TGIT.

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
13/12/2012 at 07:27

morning

juat done my morning run - bliddy cold and my left leg is whinging a bit 

No ice to slip on though 

13/12/2012 at 07:39

Morning each,

Cold again here.  Not sure what I'm up to today.  A heady mix of frost and CBA.

I really ought to get the turbo out, a road ride my be dodgy at the mo.

Ah well, more coffee?

13/12/2012 at 07:40

Sue, listen to your leg - it prolly talks more sense than Spence's fridge/DL's wall.

Did someone say bra and Tits ?  Podds, Its a whole 3 miles isn't t'it?  Me, cush and the miniyums will be around NYD although cush is limping and so am I. Still, its a whole 3 weeks away.....

Aww, poor XB's little pinkies - wait until M..eldy hears you've gone soft.... ummmmmmm

Gob Doc for me tonight. I'm hoping he will  fit my permanent retainer wires

13/12/2012 at 08:09

Morning

{{{{Dragon's leg}}}}}

{{{{{Yums gob}}}}

Staff Christmas lunch today

M...eldy    pirate
13/12/2012 at 08:28

Morning team

Noggs, it was Masterchef what kept me from my bed last night, I am not sure I would like all of Hestons creations and I am not sure if it is too far removed from cuisine but it sure is fascinating!

I was a little less than happy to discover about an hour after I went to bed that my hot water bottle was leaking ... well at least I hope thats what it was!

Was a bit parky this morning but not nearly as cold as it was yesterday and I believe the wind and rain are set to return this weekend

I am at the crime face already so best I get to it

13/12/2012 at 08:41

Melds, I started watching last night and said to HL that I wasn't interested in eating at Hestons restaurant, by the end, having seen those dishes put together I felt differently.  I'd need a lotto win to go there I'm sure.

I am going to try The Hand of Flowers in Marlow next year - that's the 2 michelin starred pub.  That's almost affordable.

Yes, i've had that 'leaky water bottle' too

Oh dear, poorly legs and teef abound.

Enjoy your lunch Spence.

13/12/2012 at 10:50

Morning all I am still here Lots of (((((((((())))))))))))))) for poorly teeth legs and other bits.

Now for the for the carers of this world who see everything :-

"Of course I won't laugh," said the nurse. "I'm a professional. In over
twenty years I've never laughed at a patient."

"Okay then," said Bob, and he proceeded to drop his trousers,
revealing the smallest male part the nurse had ever seen. In length
and width was almost identical to a AAA battery.

Unable to control herself, the nurse tried to stop a giggle, but it
just came out. And then she started laughing at the fact that she was
laughing. Feeling very badly that she had laughed at the man's part,
she composed herself as well as she could. "I am so sorry," she said..
"I don't know what came over me. On my honor as a nurse and a lady, I
promise That won't happen again. Now, tell me, what seems to be the
problem?"

"It's swollen," Bob replied.

She ran out of the room.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.