22/12/2012 at 20:15

You've only just noticed Snaily 

M...eldy    pirate
22/12/2012 at 20:15

well done Noggs, we knew you'd see sense 

22/12/2012 at 20:16

Woohoo Noggs is converted - our work is done ladies

22/12/2012 at 21:22

Not quite a convert, i think I've paid my dues so I'm not watching this last bit, HL will have to do that on her own. I have to reorganise my sock drawer.

Decaff is on.

22/12/2012 at 21:32

I'm watching it too, Lewis doesn't do it for me.

Have a safe journey XB, have a wonderful time

Blimey Pippi what an evening!!

Tomorrow we are having our Christmas dinner  Just the four of us, but the best cutlery, best plates, crackers and wine might even get the Christmas serviettes out!! Mr Spence is then workng the next four days 7-7!

22/12/2012 at 21:51

Cripes, those SCD people know how to cram 15 minutes of 'entertainment' into 4 hours don't they.

I've just popped into the lounge and the whole show seems to be made up of the carp that's been on before, even HL has lost the will to live.

I'm back in the 'naye' lobby.

22/12/2012 at 22:05

Wiggo for SPOTY and Louis for SCD - my 2012 runneth over

22/12/2012 at 22:07

Mr C was flipping around the channels trying to decide what to watch. He asked about SCD and C3 and I both chorused 'Noooooo!' Happily he accepted this without question and we watched an inoffensive detective instead 

((((((((((((((Spence, Yums, DL and others with family issues)))))))))))))

They're really hard, not least because you can never entirely just walk away from them like you can with someone unrelated. Luckily my family has always got on well, but Mr C's sis isn't speaking to us any more. As Nogs says, it's good to be able to share this stuff---helps you realise it really isn't you that's nuts!!

Yums, I see the piscine issues are as smelly as ever 

Daffs, hope you find a nice non-grumpy place 

Melds, you sound very coldey! Hope you can tuck up and get well. 

(((((((((((((((((((Manfly sufferers and their long-suffering OH's))))))))))))))

Have a wonderful Christmas, XB, and all the best to you and the ladies for 2013 

C1 is in Oslo with a friend and just sent me a message: "We are in a bar in the centre having a beer and a reindeer randomly walked past. It is quite a strange place.... " Yup, sounds like it! 

I'm off to bed, so happy dreams all xxxx

22/12/2012 at 22:14

I think I like SCD because it has people getting out of their comfort zones, putting in hard work and just trying to be the best they can (once you strip away the rest of it) at something that doesn't necessarily come naturally to them

As a fairly slow and useless swimmer, cyclist and runner I need reminding on a regular basis that not everyone is good at everything they try

I have to say that all my sporting endeavours remind me of how cr*p I am at them and frequently make me want to throw in the towel as there is only so much being the last / slowest etc that I can take - SCD reminds me not to give up.....

Philosophy over - shopping list to to do now for tomorrow AM when hopefully it'll all be done and dusted before the hordes arrive...

Sweet dreams all

23/12/2012 at 03:35
Grrrrr why am I awake?

I love SDC for the same reasons Podds they are actually learning something and you can see them getting better (or not!) over the weeks. I also get to see Artem
M...eldy    pirate
23/12/2012 at 07:32

Morning all

coffee is on the go

I missed the results of Strictly as I went to bed but I have to say I am surprised at the results, Louis was good and his show dance was the best but he was not the best dancer IMO

23/12/2012 at 08:04

Morning each,

I couldn't give a fat rats backside for SCD but I did promise HL i'd be more tolerant.

That obviously doesn't apply in here.

I'm just having a coffee or three then it'll be manic preparing for the royal visit that FIL's stay represents.

The highlight of my day will be a trip to M and S to pick up my food order,

M...eldy    pirate
23/12/2012 at 08:09

I could go a nice proper coffee Noggs  

23/12/2012 at 08:31

Morning Melds, coffee on its way.

Are you at work?

M...eldy    pirate
23/12/2012 at 08:40

Yip

Here til 5

Its a long old day on a Sunday !

23/12/2012 at 08:54

AWww, Spence, those old friends are the best. 

Well, Yums, at least the boys won't care whether the nosh came from Lidl or a posh restaurant, it's the quantity not the quality that counts! (At least with mine.) Hope your fusspot starts to feel better soon, not sure Mr P was counting on being a pram-pusher 

Podds, Yummy is absolutely right! What's this about "Can weare proper shoes so long as I don't walk very far" and otherwise it's white sandals?? What happened? Are you really OK????

Most of what I planned I haven't done, as Chuglets both wanted me to come Christmas shopping with them. Really nice since they're really all grown up! I DID cut all my crystallised peel (remember the project 3 weeks ago?) into matchsticks and dip them in melted chocolate, so I know I won't be divorced before Christmas no matter what else I mess up  Gotta take Ross for a quick walk then off to choir. Hope Sluggie is now living the life of a lady of leisure on the ocean wave.....

23/12/2012 at 09:01
We've all still in bed!

Blimey those days when one of us would be up at 5am playing Lego seem a long time ago!!

I'll have a cup of tea Noggs, there's a love
23/12/2012 at 09:03

oh dear, Chuggy .... snigger  C1 didn't happen to see a pink elephant as well as a reindeer wander by ? I'll have whatever she's having

Good luck with FiL, and the shopping, Noggs -my royal visit starts and ends christmas day thankfully

I'm afraid I'm one of the few disinterested and unmoved by SCD or any other Saturday night tv for that matter.

I'll keep you supplied with coffee and cake today, M...eldy - I'm only planning to visit Mr Butcher and Mrs Veg Box and house work today - yay - I'm begining to miss plodding though. Best I find some exercises for my TFL or I'll have an @rse like a B.U.S

23/12/2012 at 09:07

Sorry. Belching back the last message seems to be what happens if you look in first on a phone and then on a computer!

Morning. Sterkte, Melds. Don't mean to be unsympathetic, but I hope it's a nice dull day for you. Maybe you brought some embroidery with  you to work?  (I used to do cross-stitch during those multi-hour telecons---I could still listen, and at least it was something useful to do!) 

Nogs, please don't be tolerant in here! That's against the rules, as you know. Nothing like a good old rant to cheer the place up  

Podds,I guess I feel the same admiration for WAISters as you do for SCD. But  you are such a courageous athlete you leave SCD standing, in my book.!!!

Blowing a hoolie here this morning, but it sounds like things in the west country are really grim. Some of the flooding there looks dreadful, and more rain is due. Snaily, stay high and dry!

Off to sing, then wrapping, clearing, desperate last-minute organising, you know the script.... But I do love Christmas! 

23/12/2012 at 09:10

How did you know about the pink elephants, Yums? I believe there were also little men in red suits and bobble hats and some other interesting characters  

And if you're offering, could I please sign on for the life-support coffee-and-cake delivery throughout the day? 

Nogs, well done you and HL. It will be tought for FIL this year, so being with you will mean a lot to him. You two are STARS!!!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.