working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

213,121 to 213,140 of 235,779 messages
14/12/2012 at 07:23

Sounds yummy.However the scales were not looking good earlier in week, probably not helped by the running club buffet last night and comfort eating chocolate

I have a fleecy  blanket with a sort of foot muff bit and a pocket  for goodies in.Was eldests but as he rarely used it i have acquired it

14/12/2012 at 08:05

Morning

sorry forgot to say.... Well done Pippi

I love my hottie bottle

TNT had better come today

XB
14/12/2012 at 08:46

Morning

6 slippy kilometres d&d.

I'm orf to big school today. Salford university, no less. I am guinea pigging for my lovely physio who is doing a paper on the forces on the body from mid-foot or heel striking. Then Mrs XB and I will take in some shopping and a bit of lunch.

Smashing.

14/12/2012 at 09:01

ooh, I love guinea pigs - so cute

Sluggy, I knew cruises did everything but a passenger choir - how sooper - I almost  had an aaaah moment

brainy pipples indeed. LOL at your halo actually being frost but it sounds as though it may actually have been the heat coming off your powerful brain.

Snigger at M...eldy and her 'leaky' HWB - Norty GPO

Podds, very Daffyesque but of course you are learning from the master I hope you left mr P home alone last night and stayed elsewhere - you dont want the WVV.

Sluggy - Cush's arthritis is giving her gip and my TFL is still muttering. Talking of awful jokes - was the Buddhist group christmas meal last night. I was too snuffled up to enjoy it lots though. Anyway, 

What did the hot dog seller say to the Dalai lama ?

I thought you were a vegetarian -

boom boom

ahem..... and

For 40 years I've gone around with what I thought was a birthmark on my bum. Turns out it isn't a birthmark - its a cigar burn

'Ows about that then ???

M...eldy    pirate
14/12/2012 at 09:21

Random Yums  

14/12/2012 at 09:21

Bad Yums Bad..............!!  Like LUDO Dragon lady although I can't imagine how you found out the real word.............he didn't show you did he

Morning All BTW

M...eldy wrote (see)

Pippi that jumper is ace ... do you need my size??  

It is rather isn't it - wonder if Mr P is wondering what to buy me for Chrimbo....

Talking of which he has decided this morning that he might just survive after all.........apparently yesterday death was imminent.........I told him not until he'd usetd the disinfectant wipes to wipe down everything he'd been in contact with then he could turn his toes up 

I am a great nurse 

Luckily he doesn't seem to have had it as badly as some - he had around 6 hours of symptoms  during which I gather he indulged his dramatic bone to the full much to the dogs amusement.........apparently having started off curious and sympathetic to his moans and groans they soon got bored and went to bed! 

Since then he has manfully been "recovering" but feels up to some toast this morning which is a positive

Right - car has gone off too so that's more money and back to see Vtgv this evening with the DG so with Mr P that's my 3 bits of bad luck for the last week or so hopefully over and nearly done with 

Laters

14/12/2012 at 09:27

Morning all and lots of ((())) for those that need them, have been looking at hot water bottles but the ones you pop in the microwave saves boiling water.
If this link works remember not to piss off the old folk

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4067189561613&set=vb.1338537372&type=2&theater

coffee and may be a plod now but not sure

14/12/2012 at 10:27

Morning each,

Yums, yellow card for the jokes

Good work on the nursing front Podds, Florry Nightingale would be proud.

G'day to everyone else.  Yesterday it was cold, today it's cold and wet.

HL is at the gym, then she's doing a Sluggy with some very ex-work chums, then she's out to dinner with some more recent NHS work chums (I'm duty driver for that gig)

I've found a  way of making sure your day can only get better.  Have a tooth out at 9 am and your day has to improve.  He tried again to find the route canals but still couldn't, so out it came.  He made me chuckle when he asked the nurse to keep the tooth as he wanted to carry out a  post mortem on it

Tepid coffee anyone?

M...eldy    pirate
14/12/2012 at 10:37

You're dribbling Noggs 

14/12/2012 at 10:50

Always Melds.

I have a present to buy for my 7 year old granddaughter.  I don't see her as her mum has 'moved on' from my youngest son, 

I was thinking of a Furby until I saw the price.

Perhaps something Moshi monster related will be ok.

14/12/2012 at 10:53

but you never mention Noggs dribbling any other day, M..eldy.

Westie taught me everything about telling jokes

Podds, glad mr P  seems to be on the mend - less chance of contagion hopefully too. And please thank the boys for their kind note to Cush and the return of Dash - Bitch of the year

everything still feels like a big effort - must be my lingering germblies but I've emailed sis and asked what the kids would like for Christmas.  I imagine I will get a response but  no idea what it might say. I was polite and cheery

14/12/2012 at 10:54

ooh, Noggs, well done on being a bwave boy. I recommend chicken soup and chips. I do not recommend doritos - I speak from a double extraction experience

14/12/2012 at 11:54

=  

14/12/2012 at 13:14

Podds the banana ?

Bravo RW Towers

Noggs, my friend's son is 6 1/2 and into Moshi monsters so I reckon she'll love em

Been tiddling down all morning and no, I dont think its M...eldy's leaking HWB

I'm thinking boys hair cuts and chippy tea tonight - who's in ?

14/12/2012 at 13:58

Well - I havent got any boys in need of a hair cut but I'm up for a chippy tea - after I've seen Vtgv of course 

14/12/2012 at 14:48

Afternoon all

My boy Dan is in need of a haircut as its nearly down to his elbows but now he's 26 years old I am not allowed to take the scissors to it any more. He is now managing director of his own company but stilll looks (and behaves) like the rockstar he undoubtedly is

Holly, James and Stanley will arrive here on 23rd and stay for 6 days

Santa left here yesterday with a surprise package.

Holly, James, Stanley and myself all had the WVV after Christmas last year. Mr L didn't get it and I think that was due the manic cleaning of every surface we had touched. The house, car, computer, everything, had never been so germ free. And probably hasn't since.

I haven't read back, but I do hope everyone is well and looking forward to the festivities.

14/12/2012 at 16:39

Hope you had a great day out XB

You is a brave boy Noggs

We had a special visitor in school today

It's pissing outta the heavens here (read in Irish accent for full effect)

14/12/2012 at 16:53

Afternoonicles,

Nice to see you Larry *waves*

(((Noggy)))

Well done Pippi !

Oooh, me for a chip supper please!

There are some very bad jokes around at the moment - have people been peeking at the cracker jokes already??

It is dire here, lots of wind and rain, albeit a bit warmer than of late. There are severe gales forecast for most of the way down to the Canaries and Azura has WVV (aka noro) aboard . I am sincerely hoping it is going to be worth it - although the forecast temp for Madeira is 25 C .

I probably won't be in again before we go, so will wish you all a very Happy Christmas . I will pop in when we get back on 27th.

((((((WIN))))))

WAIST well xxxxxxx

14/12/2012 at 17:43

Bon voyage Slugs.  Hope Noro leaves you alone.

The place where my tooth used to be is really painful.

I've put the new multi angled bracket up for the telly, plumbed in the new bluRay player and, surprisingly, everything works.

Unlike the interface between my satnav and the laptop

14/12/2012 at 18:12

Evening

Ho Ho Ho

sorry keyboard got stuck

Meant to say

How terrible were those jokes!!!????

Merry Crumblies Sluggie

Not feeling at all festive - I am awaiting a connection to get me home by 9 - hopefully. I left on Tuesday morning at 6am - I got in last night at 10.30 and left at 6 again this morning.  - sorry for self indulgence - just feeling a bit overtired.

((((((Noggy's gaping hole)))))) If the dentist has kept it does this mean the tooth fairy won't be paying up?

((((Honky Mr P)))))

I did read back but most of your wit and wisdom has escaped me - I'm assuming that was your attempt at wit and wisdom???

It would appear the smilies have got bobble hats to match mine - I knew I was a trend setter.

Right best be off, don't want to miss that train

Happy weekend

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.