working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

213,121 to 213,140 of 237,498 messages
23/12/2012 at 17:21

Evening

Thanks for the kind offers Yums and Snaily - but all those things exist round here too (except the bike is in the lounge not the dining room!) but they don't actually need doing do they?????

And Yums - you walk your dog in your PJs

I have actually been reading the Chrissie Wellington autobiography which someone lent me along ago and also had Olympia on in the background....

A bit more pressie creation and wrapping for me this evening and then I refuse to do anymore....

Laters peeps

23/12/2012 at 18:11
Good plan Podds!

Shopping done, and I somehow managed to b buy a pink sparkly dress for me too been to one friend who had chestnuts and another with homemade truffles, feeling very festive now!
M...eldy    pirate
23/12/2012 at 18:27

I am home with cheese & biscuits ... thats nearly festive innit? !

23/12/2012 at 18:57

I'd like to meet your friend with chestnuts, Daffy And we definitely need a pic of that dress

Podds, I bet mr P is excited at what you're making him..... a concrete overcoat, maybe ?

Cheese n biccies are defo festive in my house, M...eldy. Unfiortunately there's a terrible cheesy/blocked drains  whiff when I open the fridge door

Spence, you've missed the point - the BOSS tells him he has to go into work - bosses tell, assistant bosses do. I dont have any staff any more.....

*pegs Snaily down* 

and I so wanted to be in charge of the wind section

I have been listening to poetry corner and the shipping forecast - they mentioned lots of strange places but didnt mention the sluggs

M...eldy    pirate
23/12/2012 at 19:06

Stinking Bishop?

23/12/2012 at 19:09
I'm doing something wrong then. I'm the boss and I'm working over Xmas, I obviously went to the wrong management training programme!

Cheese, biscuits and caramelise onion is my Xmas treat!

Oh Daffs a new dress sounds lovely
23/12/2012 at 19:30
We've just had cheese and biscuits with caramelised onion chutney

I'm on my second rum and coke
M...eldy    pirate
23/12/2012 at 19:38

I am on another early tomorrow so no alcofrol for me

I am however watching Olympia again 

23/12/2012 at 20:50
I'm on the wine, think my lovely husband has shared his manflu
23/12/2012 at 21:50

(((((((((((((Snaily and Mr Snail))))))))))

Hope you BOTH feel better tomorrow! And thanks for the update, I've been scanning the BBC weather sites anxiously, sounds pretty horrible near Barnstaple. 

Podds, if you want to put your jim-jams on at 2 pm, then you should! Why not???

Daffs, pink sparkly dress sounds fab  What about a photo? 

Oh Melds, you do sound like Christmas is a long way away yet for you! But you're free after tomorrow, aren't you? 

Spence, your advanced Christmas is a great idea. Grrrr to Mr Spence's boss! (He should go in himself!!!) But hats off to Mr Spence for doing a kingpin job really well. 

Yums, hate to admit it, but I love the shipping forecast! The names sound so exotic. There was a book about it a few years ago, someone actually went to all those places. Some were quite strange: I think one was little more than a helipad out in the middle of the ocean. I hope by now you've decided enough chores are enough, and are relaxing!

Got almost everything done: only the veggie main course to make, and that's pretty easy as I cheat with everything. C1 has just got back from Oslo, nice to have everyone home. But an early start tomorrow to get everything ready, so nighty night all. xxx

23/12/2012 at 22:23
Sadly the dress has been consigned to the wardrobe for now - my initial plans for making it agree with my, er, chestnuts didn't go entirely to plan :O no crisis, monsoon dresses in charity shops can't be easily passed up, so while I probably won't be wearing it thus week, I will soon
23/12/2012 at 22:29

Oh, I meant to say: there's an electronic sympathy card for the Sandy Hook community. You hope it will somehow help just a little for those people to know how many other people are thinking of them. If you are interested, it's here:

http://www.causes.com/actions/1715318?recruiter_id=9351696&utm_campaign=invite&utm_medium=wall&utm_source=fb&open_inviter=true 

23/12/2012 at 22:40
Ho Ho Ho WAISTer friends!

I must apologise - I overdid the mince pies last week and spent quite a bit of time on the settee clutching my stomach and groaning...

... Which means that one or two presents might be a touch late... In fact, I can see one right there with Meldy's name on it - hope she doesn't sign me up for an ironman in revenge! I'm sure there are others lying around too, oh dear. I really must be more organised next year...

Anyway, I do hope you can forgive me. I'm sure we've all over indulged at some point!! Your presents will be with you shortly, I'll try for tomorrow but I'm sure you understand I'll be rather busy with children's toys tomorrow so you may need to be patient.

It'll be like Christmas all over again when they do arrive!

I know you've all been VERY good this year, so have a wonderful Christmas, but go easy on the mince pies... (there's training schedules to start after Christmas after all!!)

Lots of love, WAISTer Santa
Xxxx
23/12/2012 at 22:44
I used theist em to the shipping forecast as a child, loved the sound of the places...does that make me odd!!? :-/

What's the veggie option Chuggs?

Monsoon at a charity shop couldn't say no to that Daffs !

I have 80 pages left of The Hoobit. I must get it finished as Father Christmas is bringing me a book

I know this cos I preferred it then gave it to Mr Spence to wrap!!!
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
24/12/2012 at 05:30
Yo Ho Ho! Snaily wrote (see)
I'm doing something wrong then. I'm the boss and I'm working over Xmas, I obviously went to the wrong management training programme!

Me too Snaily , but then tomorrow is just a few hours volunteering and many of my staff are coming along.

I also used to listen to the shipping forecast and bought the book on audio when it came out some years ago. There was something soothing about the rhythmic tone of the announcer, and I would listen out for Lundy cos that's near where I live. It's just a little island in the Bristol Channel that has lots of birds, but it sounded like a 'must go there one day' place.

I have a ruddy dose - it won't bliddy stop! More of a nuisance than anything. I hope it doesn't turn nasty or tomorrow will be a disaaaahster! I already have one volunteer driver off with flu so I'll have to rejig the pick  up list - wibble - some spare WAISTer vibes will be appreciated - thanks

24/12/2012 at 06:43
Morning!

~~~~~~~~~Dragon~~~~~~~~

I didn't 'preferred' it *rollseyes* I 'ordered it' blinkin' iPod!

Mr Spence has gone to work
Friend has invited us for lunch & games!?
Then we're off to the park for candle light carols!
M...eldy    pirate
24/12/2012 at 07:14

Morning all

and a special morning to Santa ... or should that be Noah ?

The rain is biblical again

3rd coffee done 

24/12/2012 at 07:17

morning

(((sue))) and ~~~~~sue~~~~~  hope the snozzles disappear today so that you can enjoy Christmas and that work goes smoothly

Daffy, I have visions, I have visions

((snaily)))

*sprays WAISters to kill off germs so all can have a hoobacious christmas 

Hello Santa. Thanks for popping in. I'm lucky enough to have received my WAISter Santa pressie but if you need some help perhaps you could borrow Podds boys to pull your sleigh - I would offer up cush but she's still mrs limpy leg.

Well, work for me and then out to chum Mark and his gf for a chrimbo eve  social - driving as too far and need to be sober for tomorrow as I am chef in charge

WAISt well - raining here!

24/12/2012 at 07:25
Morning all, happy Christmas Eve!

((((((((((Dragon Lady)))))))))
Hope it goes away soon, Christmas is one time when mum can't afford to be out of commission!

Veggie option is (as ever, my lot are very traditional) tiropites. Read: little spinach and feta cheese pasties, just mix chopped spinach, oregano, crumbled feta amd a couple of eggs and bung into little circles or squares of pastry, fold, seal, bake and serve! With bought puff pastry they're easy and everyone loves them, even the carnivores.

About to go queue tocollect turkey and greengroceries, I may be some time.....happy days all!
24/12/2012 at 07:27

and as for the shipping forecast - I used to sit having brekkie with my Dad and listen to it. It would be dark and quiet and as sue says, a soothing tone of the announcers voice and the mysterious names of what I thought were far away places - fab. And what is it about R4 presenters voices ? They surely pick them for their tone and intimacy

Morning, M....eldy

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.