working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

213,141 to 213,160 of 233,735 messages
14/12/2012 at 18:19

Just had a call from OH  - she isn't playing catch the cat, chase the vole, lose the vole, game

She's playing the  'bugger how do I get the vole out from behind the TV cabinet with the cat 

14/12/2012 at 18:42

Hopefully it'll be sorted by the time you get home DL!!

= is how I'm feeling!!
TNT have failed yet again to deliver our bookcase! Monday they say now, was only meant to come yesterday!! Monday I say is no good Mr Spence will be sleeping, so Tuesday  it had better be!!

14/12/2012 at 19:02

Grrr on Spence's behalf - some firms are so good now at delivering, and some decidedly are not! Why?

Wet dinner time - someone threw up in the middle of my classroom!!! Fortunately Foundation had gone on a trip to see FC so we used their classroom!

Isn't the best way to get a vole from behind the TV to send the cat after it?

14/12/2012 at 19:09

aww, spence, what a pain. Still, at least it will give you time to finish your first book - Janet and John wasn't it ? and then you can put it straight into the bookcase

Oer, sluggy, I hadn't realised you were off so soon. I understand that the Oriana also has WVV - dont they just think of everything you could possibly be missing at home on a cruise

*waves to larry*  woop woop to Holly, James and munchkin coming to stay - Hope the IOW ferry doesn't have WVV this year

(((DL)))) I love the fact WAISters are such animal lovers, hosses, dawgs,pussy, voles and even bats in the belfry/up the nighty. I hope that Santa's sleigh fair whisks you home to your beloved and your bed tonight

Thankfully mine is only up the wooden hill to Bedfordshire. I'm ready for mye cocoa, nurse

M...eldy    pirate
14/12/2012 at 19:10

Evening all

Pear & ginger cheesecake done
Dundee Cake done
Lemon Drizzle cake done
Blueberry upside down thingummy done
Chestnut & mushroom casserole done

I am having a glass of wine and wishing it was bedtime 

M...eldy    pirate
14/12/2012 at 19:13

I was looking for the GPO a minute ago, quite how I failed to notice the 10 tonne weight on the end of my legs I dont know !!

Bon Voyage Sluggy !!  

It took me a while to work out what the WVV was but I clicked ... hope it leave sme alone.   Larry sounds like you will have your work cut out again this year!

Noggs, the less you do the better the tooth will be, trust me i'm a dentist

I did manage to do an hour in the gym which left me top of the leader board which was my goal, no prizes for finishing first but I shall walk around with a knowing look on my face for a few months!

I have now had my effing shift changed 3 times on Christmas Day and it has landed on the worstest one it could ... 1600-0000 FFS .. no dinner for me then

XB
14/12/2012 at 19:35

Evening

M...eldy    pirate
14/12/2012 at 19:54

Evening sir

I wonder if DL has vole en croute for her dinner?  I should have sent the pikey one round to help, he is most adept at playing cat n mouse

XB
14/12/2012 at 20:06

Mrs XB Has put some christmas decs at work. Someone had to point out that having "Ho Ho Ho" on the door gave the wrong impression of her and her 2 colleagues.

I've had a pretty full on day. Testing was fun - just running up and down in different shoes. Then I met the good lady for a spot of lunch before heading home, picking the girls up and sitting watching Elf. If Carlsberg made Fridays...

M...eldy    pirate
14/12/2012 at 20:10

It could be worse, it could have been Dopey, Grumpy and Sneezy

M...eldy    pirate
14/12/2012 at 20:54

Right

I need sleep

Wont have time to pop in tomorrow before I go, I shall try and look in over the weekend, look after the GPO and the FGO for me please and I shall be back on Monday in time for a night shift 

14/12/2012 at 21:56
Oh!?
Mr Spence is on a night shift Monday !!?
Mmmmm !

Bon voyage Sluggie

I haven't run for two weeks
15/12/2012 at 03:18
I'd really prefer it if I wasn't awake right now !!
:-/
15/12/2012 at 07:36

Morning each,

I'll keep quiet so I don't wake Spence.

Oh, BTW Spence I've hardly biked since the Beast, so feel free to poke me a sharp stick and I'll return the favour.

GD has dress reheasals all day but, thankfully, a slightly later start time.

Coffee is ready.

15/12/2012 at 07:37

Morning All

Weekend again

DL - did you ever get home? What happened to the vole and OH's blood pressure?

Spence - did you get back to sleep?

Bon (small Meldy) (long the Sluggies) voyage

Today Mr P has decided he might just be up to one or two shops to buy pressies if I ferry him around.........as this is the only way I will get a chrissie pressie I have agreed

Tomorrow is the RGT christmas walk and lunch - apparently there will be 28 greyhounds for lunch - and on jokes about I couldn't eat a whole one please Westie!!!

Sounds like a good day XB - I loved the testing I did for my pal's PhD (apart from the thermometer "down below" bit!) - especially as he gave us all individual feedback on our results

Right dogs have been walked (the DG still on short lead walks although on the plus side we had Vtgv again and the boys scored a fuss from him and a whole pack of dental biscuits!!! and we go back again Thurs!) so now time to shower and face a day of sorting and organising so I can have nice weekend as a proper start of the hollibobs

Laters

15/12/2012 at 08:08
How long you off work for Podds? And 28 greyhounds?? Crikey!

Well done on beating all the show-offy folk at the gym Meldy! Can you insist on a prize when you win again next year?

Have a fab time slugs!

Hope you can rest a but today Spence. You too dl!

Nice day here hopefully. Mum here for the day so womens institute, then I might try and find a Christmas market we can go to, then I'll rope her into putting some decorations up. Then an evening to myself I think!

Have a good one
15/12/2012 at 08:16

Shift changed 3 times, M...eldy?  Thats not good. But where are you going this weekend that requires so much cake - I don't recall inviting you or is there a WAISterbabe meet and I haven't been invited ?

Awww, poor DG and his lead walks. Mind you, I'm sure he'll enjoy having 27 chums for lunch - where does this particular form of hilarity take place - not at someone's house, surely ? Cush decided last night that she didn't want to go for a walk - I was dressed up ready and she refused to join me.

LOL at you teasing Mrs XB,. XB.  See, its all about karma - she can take it in good humour cos you're gonna pay at some point

GO GD - ra ra ra   What is the costume, Noggs or have you not seen it yet ?

Sis replied to my mail about kids presents. She said  I shouldn't worry too much  but thanks for thinking of them..

(((spence))) pre christmas excitement  - sweet

Right, no 2 has footie, then we get our treee and after 17 years, some new lights and then olds are coming over - Dad will babysit the kids and dawg whilst I take Mommy out for her 80th birthday present dinner.  I hope to feel more human all day.

15/12/2012 at 08:22
Morning
*yawn*

I need to get up, I've got to get to Cannon Hill Parkrun wil a load of 'socks and chocs' for the homeless, a runner mate is involved with giving them out over Christmas.

Ahh Yums, didn't anyone invite you to the cake eating!?
What a shame they were delish!!!
15/12/2012 at 08:42

Boiled eggs ok with everyone?

I like the Ho, Ho, Ho gag XB, just working it into my stand up routine at The Lion.

Yums, GD is singing, dancing and acting so gets through a few cozzy changes..  She has the part of a judge with a few lines.  She was delighted with the judges wig I got her via Amazon - although she does look like 9 year old Dolly Parton.  Her robes were made by the wardrobe lady.  The kids all love the costumes and the outrageous make up that they get to wear.

Sounds like a result of sorts with your sis, BTW.

Time to get the eggs on

15/12/2012 at 08:51
Ooh, yes please to eggs noggs! (that should have been your festive name!) I'll be having porridge when I finally make it out of bed.

I used to do a lot of dancing and shows as a kid and always loved the costumes. Still live dressing up now

I suppose it's something to get a reply from your sister yums. Still all a sad situation though.

Right, up!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.