working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

213,141 to 213,160 of 239,545 messages
24/12/2012 at 07:54
Trilobites for dinner chugs? and shopping on Christmas eve, you're brave!

Today I will be mostly doing nothing up early to try and see if docs will see Mr daffs, he's been coughing like a fiend for 3 weeks now and is proper fretting about gig tonight. No idea if they'll even see him, or be able to do anything, and it certainly won't work in time for tonight but might fix him before the next one on new years eve I suppose! Poor lad

Then mince pies at friends house at 11

Waves to Santa, how festive!! My present arrived weeks ago, I'm very excited!
24/12/2012 at 08:11

Grr, he's decided he won't ring up anyway now Needn't have bothered setting the bloody alarm! Mind you, he'd parked the car where it'll be in the way of the bin lorry so went out in my pjs and shifted it

Yawn yawnity yawn

24/12/2012 at 08:49

Oh, I meant to say: there's an electronic sympathy card for the Sandy Hook community. You hope it will somehow help just a little for those people to know how many other people are thinking of them. If you are interested, it's here: 

24/12/2012 at 08:54

Take it chuggs is on her phone again!

Morning, happy Chrismas Eve

I'm at work   but I've organised a xmas buffet that every one has contributed too, so we're having an hour for lunch then will probably go on grazing!  We dont finish until 5, provide an on-call service for agency staff to the hosptial so no leaving early for us.

And the Snot Monster has returned and has brought his friend "Mr Headache".  MrS is feeling better but I made him sleep on the sofa because I was so poorly and I'm the one in work!  He's off so I've tasked him with the painting that we've missed over the weekend

Right better do some work!

24/12/2012 at 09:36

Oh how lovely that WAISTer Santa popped in - and of course the boys are available to help if necessary........although I haven't told them yet!

(((mr daffs, the snailies and the dragon lady))) - may all your coffs and snotz be history soon

I am meeting pal and her 3 houndies at 11 for a chrimbo pressie swap and a little walk - I appear to got her quite a lot and also bought some dog food for the houndies...............

24/12/2012 at 10:04

I need to do some reading back! I'm off work today but back on Thursday, wrapping and delivering pressies today and cooking etc. Apologies to the recipient of my SS - err, I'm taking it to the post office now

24/12/2012 at 10:49

Posting on my lappie from Starbucks in Lisbon, so no time to read back, I just want to wish all my lovely WAISTermates a very Happy Christmas .

WAIST well xxxxxxx

24/12/2012 at 11:07

OOh, a floating slug! Merry Christmas lovely lass! xx

M...eldy    pirate
24/12/2012 at 11:08

Farty Pants - its an ace way of extending Christmas 

Oh lok, theres a slug on a laptop, anyone got any salt?

24/12/2012 at 11:08

Hope you are having fun

24/12/2012 at 11:11

M...eldy wrote (see)

Farty Pants - its an ace way of extending Christmas 

Oh lok, theres a slug on a laptop, anyone got any salt?

We love you too, Meldy .

Really do have to go now though.

Play nicely.

24/12/2012 at 12:14

oooh waves to Sluggie

I missed the post from Santa, how exciting he popped in

{{{{{{Mr Daffs}}}}} hope he feels better soon Daffs!

*waves* to Far Far

24/12/2012 at 13:09

G'day each.

I have been lurking this morning but not had an opportunity to post.

It's the monsoon season in Oxon, thankfully without the drama of elsewhere.

Hope Mr Daffs feels better soon, give him a slap Daffs, he's supposed to look after his voice.

Hi JFF, hope Christmas at FF Towers is a good one - my guess is it'll be a bit difficult.

Hi Slugs - you're missing nowt here.

This will come across as quite uncharitable but we have my FIL staying.  If that is glimpse of the future, I have no wish to get old.  

On that note I'm off out to the garage to lift someweights then I have a job to do for a shop in town.

24/12/2012 at 14:03

Dont think we need salt - plenty of that for the slugs to avoid on the ocean wave - guess that means they've avoided the norovirus - unless they like living dangerously - happy chrimbo, sluggsies

Daffy, no need to be sympathetic anymore then if Mr Daffs didn't ring the doc

((farfar))) life sounds as hectic as ever with you - hope Chrimbo brings some relaxation and races to enter

Noggs, don't worry, there's a long queue of people happy to shoot you and put us out of our misery.

((snaily)))  thank you for keeping our hozzies running - graze away

Fab sounding houndie pardee, Podds  

I have escaped work. The Christmas grumpiness can officially begin - think I'd be quite happy to spend Christmas alone - I quite enjoyed it last year apart from mild boredom

24/12/2012 at 14:06
Nogvidad nuestra wrote (see)

Hi Slugs - you're missing nowt here.

Thanks Noggs - nice to know we keep you so entertained!!!

*waves to Sluggy*

We have had a little 6-hound perambulation and chat to several other perambulators, had tea and panettone chez moi, waved goodbye to pal and her houndies and are now staying in for the rest of the day - which is threatening to be wet and windy looking out the window...

Time to finish Chrissie and read about sporting excellence whilst expanding the waistline with nutritionally deficient junk

24/12/2012 at 14:21

Mr C was flipping around the channels trying to decide what to watch. He asked about SCD and C3 and I both chorused 'Noooooo!' Happily he accepted this without question and we watched an inoffensive detective instead 

((((((((((((((Spence, Yums, DL and others with family issues)))))))))))))

They're really hard, not least because you can never entirely just walk away from them like you can with someone unrelated. Luckily my family has always got on well, but Mr C's sis isn't speaking to us any more. As Nogs says, it's good to be able to share this stuff---helps you realise it really isn't you that's nuts!!

Yums, I see the piscine issues are as smelly as ever 

Daffs, hope you find a nice non-grumpy place 

Melds, you sound very coldey! Hope you can tuck up and get well. 

(((((((((((((((((((Manfly sufferers and their long-suffering OH's))))))))))))))

Have a wonderful Christmas, XB, and all the best to you and the ladies for 2013 

C1 is in Oslo with a friend and just sent me a message: "We are in a bar in the centre having a beer and a reindeer randomly walked past. It is quite a strange place.... " Yup, sounds like it! 

I'm off to bed, so happy dreams all xxxx

24/12/2012 at 14:29

Oh bu99er, it's repeating again! Sorry. 

But lovely to see the Sluggsies )))) Trust Christmas will be totally opulent on board ship---we shall want ALL the details!

The 'first Christmas' is always tough, especially coming so soon. Hope you all manage to find some nice moments in it all. 

Podds, only you could have a 'six-hound perambulation'! Sounds like a VERY exclusive  sort of adventure holiday ))

Daffs, Podds is right. If Mr Daffs won't even TRY to get better, you owe him no sympathy! (I have the same thing with Mr C....!!!!)

Nogs, don't forget it will be specially tough for FIL and you are both doing a great job. 

We have to dash off to watch chickens, sheep, stars, shepherds, and other assembled livestock mill about the church...! xxx

24/12/2012 at 16:41

Afternoon all

(((((((((dragon lady, Far Far family, Snaily family, those with manflu and anyone I've missed)))))))

We have been and bought a turkey - good job we've had the house extended.

Pippi - your work's Christmas dinner sounds epic

Yesterday we played a new version of the cat and mouse game. This was the 'how to get the missing mouse out from behind the very heavy immovable cupboard in the front room where it's been for about 8 hours' I can send instructions if anyone ever needs them. You need some left over bits of plumbing piping for poking, the tube from inside some wrapping paper, some peanut butter, sticky tape and a large glass of wine.

I need to wrap presents - it hardly seems worth it

OH is threatening to kill her brother - it must be Christmas

24/12/2012 at 16:55
Morning all, happy Christmas Eve!

((((((((((Dragon Lady)))))))))
Hope it goes away soon, Christmas is one time when mum can't afford to be out of commission!

Veggie option is (as ever, my lot are very traditional) tiropites. Read: little spinach and feta cheese pasties, just mix chopped spinach, oregano, crumbled feta amd a couple of eggs and bung into little circles or squares of pastry, fold, seal, bake and serve! With bought puff pastry they're easy and everyone loves them, even the carnivores.

About to go queue tocollect turkey and greengroceries, I may be some time.....happy days all!
24/12/2012 at 16:58
Oh help, seems I can't even lurk without belching. Sorry!!!!

DL, I think you ought to open a special counselling practice for cat owners, you would do fabulously well))
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.