working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

213,161 to 213,180 of 235,393 messages
15/12/2012 at 09:25
Busy day Noggs, hope the tooth socket has settled. We spend a lot of time with Mini Tubs as Jnr works shifts at the prison, love having him around :0) We were all dancing Gangnam style yesterday!

Secret Santa has been and will be taking pride of place under the tree we're getting later today :0). Mini Tubs, who is staying tonight is going to help us decorate it :0) Mr Tubs medicine ball has arrived. My eyes are definitely getting worse, it's 8 kg, not 5 kg! Mini Tubs and I wrapped it yesterday, first attempt failed as it ripped straight out of the paper. Masking tape has done the trick :0)

28 greyhounds Podds! Is there a collective noun? A " shiver" perhaps on a cold day! Or a "whoosh" if someone shouts "mush"!

((((( waisters ))))
XB
15/12/2012 at 10:17

Is the medicine ball to be taken orally or, ahem, elsewhere?

11km of run/walk d&d and another annoying niggle. This time to the groin. I am considering a new year gym membership to encourage a bit of cross-training.

Apparently our house is being christmasified today. 

15/12/2012 at 11:24

LOL at how to take the medicine ball, XB

And LOL at GD looking like  a 9 year old dolly parton in her judge's wig. The whole thing sounds fab for kids who enjoy performing  

Tubbs, I think you'll find the collective name for 28 greyhounds is a snooze

Daffy/Noggs, I'm not really sure how to take sis reply. I could take it as a 'positive' sign but I cant help feeling that its not and that she'd rather I didn't make an effort because she wont be

I feel really sad today.  I shall blame my germs as I've not felt like this in ages.

15/12/2012 at 14:15

Afternoon

Dr Daffs wrote (see)
How long you off work for Podds? And 28 greyhounds?? Crikey! 

Sadly Daffs not off for another week  but if I get organised this weekend (and I've done little so far then next weekend I can chill

Yums wrote (see)

Mind you, I'm sure he'll enjoy having 27 chums for lunch - where does this particular form of hilarity take place - not at someone's house, surely ?

Aww Poor Cush - does sound like a tentative olive branch from your sister though as Noggs said

And Yums you are absolutely right it is a snooze of greyhounds - it's 2.15pm and since the morning walk I've seen neither hide nor hair of the DG who is asleep on my bed and the other two are sparko on a settee each!! Tough life.....

We walk in Lyminge forest tomorrow and then lunch at the Lord Whisky Animal Sanctuary (and no I am not bringing anything home with me!!)

15/12/2012 at 16:04

Awww, I'm sure you could sneak in an extra 27 - Mr P would be none the wiser

I have put a small, pot grown tree up in the lounge. A few lights and decs - so easy and then I shall plant it outside after Chrimbo

15/12/2012 at 17:07

We've done the last bit of shopping (apart from food and drink!) - gift vouchers for older nieces and nephews (not the ones in their 40s - I don't buy for them any more!) and silly stuff for Mr P.

I had a run (garmin gave up half way so guessed distance and time) shower, now I'm uploading the Garmin bit, downloading podcasts,  then putting the not-almond-paste on the cake.

((((Yums )))) hope you have a good time with mummy Yums and feel a bit better.

15/12/2012 at 19:03

HL has SCD on - again.

Am I alone in thinking that Brucey makes a powerful case for mercy killing?

15/12/2012 at 19:07
Ahh ((((((yums))))) hope you feel better soon, not nice having the grumps

I'm at my friends house, it's her birthday and I offered to baby sit the kids are same age as mine so it's not like they need looking after!
15/12/2012 at 20:14

evening all, not read back yet just back from working at Scott's new place but just calling in to say  Santa's been so now put away for the day .thanks SS.

try to catch up later  ((((WIN))))

15/12/2012 at 20:42

Evening

Swim swum but sadly missed SCD..............

Really cross too - this morning I received a reference request in the post which was dated Tuesday......they gave the job to someone else on Friday!  What makes it worse is that the request is from our partner school - why on earth didn't they phone or email me???????

I've fired of an email saying I am distressed to think my apparent lack of reference could have cost her the job and gone on to basically tell 'em they missed a trick (although not in so many words!) - grrr

Into PJs now until bedtime

Yums - apparently they have a brindle hound there called Pogo looking for a home........but I really don't think I can cope with 4 - the house, garden and car just aren't big enough.........

15/12/2012 at 23:07

I'm sure Pogo wont take up much room and will look so much like DG, Mr P won't notice, podds Two black, two brindle - the perfect yin/yang balance  And a roof box will solve the caar issue And silly other school - good for you to point outn the pointlessness of the exercise

Pippi, what is not almond paste ? My mother informed me over dinner that I do not have a chrimbo stocking this year

Noggs, I'm never sure Brucie is still alive - I think they just animate his corpse.

A quiet evening not supervising the children is it, Spence. Give em some of your Gin and sit back and enjoy the fun

Had a good evening out with Ma -not often I get her away from Pa and lovely to see her being herself and thankfully I feel relatively sane again

G'night my lovelies - Westie, you can stop working on Scott's place now

15/12/2012 at 23:23
Ahh Yums you not staying up with me!?

I'm trying to read my book but I keep nodding off !!
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
16/12/2012 at 06:24

morning 

I did lurk a bit yesterday, but have entirely forgotten most of the doings 

I will say though Yumms I see that response from your sister as a tentative 'maybe' rather than an outright rejection.

I'm off to  this today, not done it for a few years now, should be fun 

16/12/2012 at 08:50

ooh, Sue,that sounds like hard work fun - GO GO GO SUE

Sorry, Spence, tried to stay up but tired. Why were you staying up if you were tired ?

No 2 has fruitbowl this morning - no goalkeepeer, low team numbers. Might be a tricky game!

Is Noggs still prancing with GD ?

XB
16/12/2012 at 08:52

Oooh good luck, Sue.

I'm orf to t'Wirral for to see me mam.

16/12/2012 at 09:25

Morning each,

It's showtime.

GD is at the theatre from 10 am until about 8 or 8.30 this evening.  Her first show is at 2.30.  HL has gone off to pick her up with enough food for the whole cast.

I'm going to try a short bike ride as my ribs/gums/pie hole/knee seem ok.

Have a good un each.

16/12/2012 at 12:45

Enjoy Noggs, and XB, and Sue, and all the rest of you!

I'm out in the garden trying to prune an unruly lilac. However, I am being hampered by

(1) someone's car sitting right underneath the bits I want to lop off

(2) some bits actually touching the phone wires

(3) not being able to reach the right bits

(4) it being so higgledy piggledy I can't get a chair under it

(5)  my entire garden being in the front so everyone walking past and all the neighbours can watch me

(6) mr daffs liking it so much that I can't just cut the whole thing off at ground level and start again

It's got about 20 minutes before I completely lose my temper and go to the Christmas market to eat cake

16/12/2012 at 13:13

Daffs, all Lilacs should be consigned to the bonfire.  

Go for the cake option.

My ride was rubbish.  I had no strength at all.  I' m taking some painkillers and I'm guessing they are not helping..

Just about to go to see GD in her show.

16/12/2012 at 13:26
Hey all
I have read back the last few weeks but can't remember who did what! ((((()))) as required
I have received a ss present thank you
Just about organised for xmas, off xmas eve an day which is good
Please can you spare me some vibes for my mums husband, he has had a hoarse voice for some time now an my mum finally dragged him to docs who referred him on. He has a lump on his vocal chord so has had a ct scan an biopsy an gets results next thurs.
16/12/2012 at 15:31
Oh no flibs do sorry to hear that. Lots of vibes

Noggs, you've not been well, not surprised your ride didn't go too well! Enjoy the show I can't be doing with the lilac either, but I'm not the only one who lives here! All bits touching the phone wire are gone now fortunately! Too late for the market but of to the local cafefor cake instead
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.