working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

213,161 to 213,180 of 242,751 messages
25/12/2012 at 20:25
Lol ahh DL that made me giggle.

I hope I find my mojo
25/12/2012 at 21:00
Your mojo well turn up Spence, or you'll just have to get out there regardless, at which point it'll probably get jealous and turn up

Lovely lazy day here
25/12/2012 at 21:03

Evening all

A huge hug and thanks to my lovely WAISTer Secret Santa who is indeed a person of wholely good taste and extreme generosity and bought me some lovely houndie gifts

LOL at DL's faulty running gloves!!

Sadly I too had to bin my Chrimbo run (and I do actually usually go on Christmas morning!) and it looks like tomorrow's Boxing Day run will also have to be canned - but that's ok as I'll just go straight to Morelli's and get stuck in whilst waiting for the rest of them to turn up  

Glad to hear everyone's having a good Chrimbo (apart from poor old Mrs Dawg.... ) - the boys send her lots of love btw Yums

25/12/2012 at 21:07

Morelli's is an odd place - a piece of history and as you can see one of only 3 in Europe - the others being Harrods in London and Monaco.....!

http://www.morellisgelato.com/stores/broadstairs

But the do serve the mutts nuts of ice creams and hot chocs etc etc

25/12/2012 at 21:28
The latest update on tomorrows run website! A new spring - its not a bliddy duathlon!!

Expect wetter than wet feet!

You might just be having a quick check here on Xmas Evening or Boxing Day morning - so I thought I'd just mention that the conditions on Hambridge Way are wetter than I have seen them in 15 years of living here.

At one point a new spring has appeared in the middle of the path, with water bubbling up from under the ground. Amazing. I imagine it's because the water table is higher than it's been in a long time and we're seeing new things as a result.

So you will get very wet feet, but other than that, conditions this evening were lovely. We could see a very bright planet next to the nearly full moon - perhaps it was Jupiter? It was a bit nippy in the breeze, but all in all a very pleasant evening. Well that's all from me. Time for Downton. See you tomorrow.

Dil
25/12/2012 at 21:35

Not quite watching downton as I'm recording it. We had our evening walk round the block after a delicious tea. found out just as I was making the gravy I didn't have any cornflour!!!! aaaagh! Can't be helped now, so made gravy with ordinary flour (and wine, onions, redcurrant jelly, beef juices) - delicious! and we had Bailey's cream insted of white sauce.

Well done on the weight loss FP and ((((Podds)))). sorry I hadn't read back before.

M...eldy    pirate
25/12/2012 at 22:07
Evening all!

I've eaten ????

Hoping to shoe in a quick bike before work again tomorrow when I shall look in again
Glad to hear we have all had good days ????????
25/12/2012 at 22:49
Not sure what you've eaten Meldy??

Sounds soggy Amanda!

Yawn yawn yawn... Still crocheting, when will I learn deciding on huge craft projects with a week to go is a bad idea??
25/12/2012 at 22:52
Your mojo well turn up Spence, or you'll just have to get out there regardless, at which point it'll probably get jealous and turn up

Lovely lazy day here
25/12/2012 at 23:07
Thanks Daffs!!

Blimey good luck Amandax!

I've eaten too many veggie spring rolls *sick face*

All to bed, children in new PJs

Nighty, night
26/12/2012 at 00:26
Just had to catch Up with Downton!
Really off to bed now!
26/12/2012 at 00:39
Night Spence

Damn it, wretched the whole of lord of the rings and still not finished the bloody crochet, not impressed!!
26/12/2012 at 02:06
Bloody crochet, mutter mutter, finished and now pinned to the carpet to get flat, will do ends in the morning

If I try to do something this stupid next year give me a slap!
26/12/2012 at 07:53

Can I start the queuing?

Morning each.

Coffee is on.

26/12/2012 at 09:14

morning

*joins Noggs in the queue but isn't sure what its for but its a queue*

Crotcheting is making you very crotchety, Daffy - step away from the craft project

GO GO GO Mandax...... hope you dont get trench foot

(((podds)) Staright to Morellis sounds like a plan that will still make you smile. Harrods, Monaco and Margit.... sorry, Broadstairs - how cosmopolitan

LOL at DL's defective running gloves - I've found the same problem with my shoes

LOve the sound of your improvised gravy and sauce, Pippi - I suspect that you may have a few extra WAISTer visitors next year if there's Baileys involved in dinner

Mrs Dawg is behaving - just her limpy leg this morning so a short walk. Nothing planned here. I'm tempted to plod but will stay off my leg and stretch until NY and then see how it is.. I gave my Dad his sleection of cheeses and forgot to give him the smelly, ripening Brie - pooweeee

26/12/2012 at 09:46

Morning

*pushing into the queue*

What we waiting for!?

I seem to be getting quite good at this laying in bed thing

Although 9:15 isn't too bad is it!!?

Lovely day here friend is coming for a doggie walk

26/12/2012 at 09:50

Morning.

*********foins queue behind Nogs and Yums****

Squelch squelch squelch Amandax...! Hope the day is a great one even so. 

FP. that is superb weight loss----hats off to you!!! Have you been able to use it as a reason to get a new wardrobe?? 

Podds, sounds like you felt better as the day went on--I hope so, feeling sick at Christmas is doubly rotten. 

Awww, Yums, glad Cush is feeling mostly better: I gather she is now merely languishing gracefully, rather than suffering bravely? And what's with your leg? I seem to have missed something here. 

Well done, Daffs. Glad you finished, but yeah, there MIGHT be a lesson in there somewhere for future years.....  (been there, done that....

Pippi, your dinner sounded fab---specially using Baileys instead of white sauce! 

Spence, you have the most loyal mojo of anyone I know, so I'm sure it will come home before long. 

Melds, you at work again? Always makes me feel safer when you're there, but working on these days also seems a bit unfair....

Late start here today. As I got to bed at 3 am on Christmas I compensated by sleeping til 9 today ) Church bells ringing madly here, no idea why but it sounds nice. For a brief period it is not raining, so going for a walk pronto while it lasts. Tante Kiot coming this arvo then we take her out for a special dinner in the village  Back later as soon as it's raining again... Have a llurvely, relaxing Boxing Day, all xx

26/12/2012 at 10:09

The queue is to give Daffs a slap.  No pushing in.

26/12/2012 at 10:10
Lovely sunny day here too chugs, have a lovely walk!

We're off to my family, not done that at Christmas for 8 years and never with Mr daffs. Looking forward to seeing my 2 fake aunties - one is older and speaks quite posh, used to send me food parcels at university with my grandma once sent a letter saying 'a little birdy tells me you're pining for a letter from home - get a grip, you're not in the trenches!'

Best get up and finish the crochet before I get any more crochety
26/12/2012 at 10:11
Oi!!!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.