working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

213,181 to 213,200 of 232,819 messages
16/12/2012 at 15:51
Hi all not been on here in ages.

Go a new job, still struggling to find any use for my degree but now a supervisor at
Primark. So I suppose I should be grateful for full time work. My running seems to have ground to a halt this month due to some very long shifts. I'm hoping your guys good running regime may rub off on me!
16/12/2012 at 17:16

Morning/afternoon/evening

Break a leg GD

{{{{{Noggin}}}}
~~~~Flibberty's mums husband~~~~

Yums, I couldn't go to bed cos I was baby sitting, although they were hardly babies!!

We've been to Shrewsbury for the day, my step sister was there with her two girls, was fab

16/12/2012 at 18:15

I've made my not-marzipan-and-not-almond-paste-either (it's actually a wartime/rationing recipe which used semolina - I don't like marzipan but I do like this mock-marzipan!) - and a batch of mince pies for the freezer.

16/12/2012 at 18:37

Proud granddad alert.

GD was superb.  She absolutely loves being on stage, she's being rehearsing hard for a long time, now I know why.  The studio has a very talented young (and pretty) choreographer/ artistic director.  The choreography this year was so complex, how the girls remember it I don't know.

They were all brilliant and we've told as many as possible how we enjoyed their performance.

I'll spare you any more, but I'm one happy old codger.

16/12/2012 at 18:45
Ahh Noggs that's lovely
16/12/2012 at 19:16

Aw Noggs, how lovely indeed, gorgeous to hear you so proud

Hi Claire! Congratulations on the new job Run when you can, don't worry if it's not all the time, it's meant to be fun!

16/12/2012 at 20:20

for GD Nogs! (and what's wrong with lilacs?)

XB
16/12/2012 at 20:47

Hurrah for GD Nogs. I hope she'll remember us when she's famous.

Family Christmas d&d

16/12/2012 at 20:54

Pipps, 50 weeks of 'what the?' and 'Was that it?'

I don't think they carry their weight in a garden, 50 weeks of nothing for two weeks of a bit of colour.

Did I mention my GD?

XB, you have two lovely daughters so you'll understand my pride in Amelias hard work and talent. And, of course, she'll remember all my Waister chums.

16/12/2012 at 21:01

The only redeeming features of ours Noggs is that it provides some much-needed privacy in front of the kitchen window, and it's always got a load of birds hopping about in it, which we get a great view of really close up. Wouldn't want to start again from scratch for those reasons, but it's rather unweildy and un-looked-after

16/12/2012 at 21:28
Well done nogs GD

Im afraid I've spent the arfternoon in the ale house!

Spoty now
16/12/2012 at 22:54

'Lo all. I've missed you all this week, but been very busy here so I've only just been able to read back and catch up. Forgot half of it, of course, but

Nogs, GIANT CONGRATS to GD!! She's obviously a natural, with bags of talent, lots of discipline and the support of loving grandparents---a winning combination for sure. And you can be certain that one of the very best bits for her will be making you and HL so proud. Fab for all of you! Oh and BTW: your mouth will start to feel better quite quickly now, and getting rid of a really bad tooth solves such a lot of problems. 

(((((((((((Yums))))))))))))

Glad you had such a nice time with your mum. And yep, a virus can for sure drag your spirits right down into the cellar, so hopefully by tomorrow things will be looking up. And it does sound to me too as if the response from  your sis, if not exactly gracious, but at least civil and therefore mildly encouraging. But I liked your donation to the Sally Army nonetheless 

Pippi, congrats on the results on your paper, clearly you're going to be like Daffs and Snaily and more than uphold the WAISter reputation for brilliance!

XB, sounds like an interesting and fun day, and you must have been the perfect subject for the study, being so fit  

Podds, glad Mr P is returning to the land of the living----hope you keep clear of the virus. Do let us know the, erm, results of your visit to the shelter 

Westie, LOVED that video of the lady setting off the airbags  Justice is served!!

Clare, how good to see you back! This might not be the ideal time of year to look for disciplined training, even from WAISters, but we are very happy to have you home, so sit down and tell us how the new job is going. 

Daffs, I have to say I love lilacs; and if your is giving you lots of birdlife, as well as the incomparable look and fragrance in the spring, it's worth it!

((((((((((((((((((((((((Flibs, MummyFlibs and husband))))))))))))

Hope the tests show nothing too serious, Do let us know. 

Sue, that looked like a pretty tough race--do let us know how it went!

Spence, luuuurve the woodburning stove! It looks great, and they really do throw out a lot of heat. Lucky you!

Snaily, VERY good news for your mum! Getting out of hozzie will give her a huge lifr, and hopefully she will be in her new home early in the new year. 

Melds, hope you've had a riotous weekend and that your bed stays nice and dry this week  

Tuybs, you and MiniTubs have so much fun together, it's brilliant! Another lucky grandchild. How are your eyes now, BTW? Any improvement, with all the massaging and stuff? 

My Secret Santa has arrived----thank you SS! I feel silly running in heavy cycling gauntlets so usually my hands just get cold so these gloves are a PERFECT prezzie  But just one thing.....I know you're a SECRET Santa, but you DID say you might come to see me this year, so maybe you could drop me the teeniest hint so I could start looking forward to your visit now????? 

C1 and I had a totally fab time in Cologne. It's not a very large city, and until about 1850 it was only 4 square km, inside the city wall, so it's very walkable. The Dom is totally astonishing, can't begin to describe it, with a chest containing relics of the Magi (Wise Men who are supposed to have visited the Christ child)---the chest is covered in gold and precious stones and is STUNNING. And the Christm

16/12/2012 at 22:55

Evening

Lovely long day with a large snooze of greyhounds, a lovely lunch at the animal sanctuary, SCD results and SPOTY - that's what I call a pretty good Sunday

Shame tomorrow's Monday

Well done Amelia and nothing at all wrong with being a proud grandad Noggs

Off to bed now with magazines again....see you all tomorrow

16/12/2012 at 22:56

now why did it stop there? It SHOULD have gone on:

C1 and I had a totally fab time in Cologne. It's not a very large city, and until about 1850 it was only 4 square km, inside the city wall, so it's very walkable. The Dom is totally astonishing, can't begin to describe it, with a chest containing relics of the Magi (Wise Men who are supposed to have visited the Christ child)---the chest is covered in gold and precious stones and is STUNNING. And the Christmas markets were totally magical, it was like being a child again, all the twinkling little lights. There are six of them in the city, we only went to three, but had a blast. C1 and I have decided that a trip to a Christmas market has now become an annual event!

Huge fun to have all three kids here: they decorated the tree this arvo, with C1 and C2 carring on a stand-up comic routine. They are really enjoying being all together again, which is lovely. But it's REEEEALLY busy with everyone zooming around, so I'm off to bed for now. Sleep tight all. xxxx

XB
17/12/2012 at 06:58

Morning

Sounds like you're immersed in love and fun, Chuggs.

Just a gentle jog this morning in the pouring rain. 

17/12/2012 at 07:16

Morning

Chuggs opened her prezzie

two more get ups

17/12/2012 at 08:18

Morning each,

Woo Hoo for Colonel Wiggo.

I'll set an hour aside to go through Chuggs post, they're always a joy to read.

I have a few quotes to do, a report to write and my new chainsaw chain to fit, then I'll set about a few trees.  I'm trying to get a van and trailer load of logs together for my skint SIL.

17/12/2012 at 08:22

Morning

I did read back - honest, but much has evaporated into the ether of my subconscious - no doubt to reappear in some frightening dream when I least expect it. I remember Podds was taking about 300 houndies for a walk, Spence is heating up, GD is a star, Pippi is barking, sorry - baking , Yums has joined the Sally Army, Daffers is a nice shade of purple, Chuggy has broken Christmas by opening presents early, and Sluggie is on a plague ship????

Unreliable friends had to be picked up from Birmingham, where we don't live. They asked to meet at the jewellry quarter, we obliged. We parked, we paid, we had the text which said - we didn't mean the jewellry quarter, I could go on. We had a lovely time though

The evil kitten woke me at 4 am on saturday morning with a gentle prod of the paw to the face. She's a quick learner. I was woken this morning at 2 by a gentle claw to the top lip. I was far more awake with this method.

My secret satan arrived this weekend - I haven't opened it yet - because it's not Christmas yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Happy new week

17/12/2012 at 08:33
Oh dear DL!

Can't believe Chuggy opened her Santa present, shocking!

We'll run XB

I'm still in bed, working at home today thank goodness!
17/12/2012 at 09:46

Morning All

LOL DL at your unreliable weekend and a clever kitty

Glorious day  started fine mentally too until the moment I walked in the door at school...........this place does my head in sometimes   oh well - best man up and get on with it!

Laters

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.