working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

213,181 to 213,200 of 242,732 messages
26/12/2012 at 10:40
Morning koff sneeze

Lol at DL gloves! Think my running socks are from the same faulty stock.

""""Prepares a flask of coffe for the q'ers"""

Nowt doing here we're both feeling sorry for ourselves
26/12/2012 at 10:44

Daffs, your fake aunty sounds OK - and the slapping will be done in a caring, supportive way

I have 15 minutes of P and Q.  2 visitors and dog have gone, FIL has gone to get his newspaper, HL has gone to collect 2 grandkids.  We have them plus StepD and fiance arriving soon.

I have GD's Triker scooter to put together then more food to cook and eat

Only kidding, we do ok food and drink wise.

I've yet to open SS - we'll do presents when everyone is here.  I opened two yesterday - a lovely bathrobe from HL and some posh coffee, chocs and bits from SIL.

I need a bit of a read back, oh, nearly forgot Amanda is racing today I think.  Anyone else?

26/12/2012 at 11:23
Lovely sunny day here too chugs, have a lovely walk!

We're off to my family, not done that at Christmas for 8 years and never with Mr daffs. Looking forward to seeing my 2 fake aunties - one is older and speaks quite posh, used to send me food parcels at university with my grandma once sent a letter saying 'a little birdy tells me you're pining for a letter from home - get a grip, you're not in the trenches!'

Best get up and finish the crochet before I get any more crochety
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
26/12/2012 at 11:25

morning - just 

[stands by with soothing balm for Daffs]

I've been making curry sauce and chopping, slicing and freezing left over meat 

Brother is calling in shortly, then Dan and her crew later today. Back to work tomorrow  - should be , but I only have two days then off for a whole week, much of it spent with RAF son 

race well Amanda 

26/12/2012 at 11:31

Pushes to the front of the queue to slap Daffs for repeating herself.

Wow! Seagulls circing round outside! It's like the Birds except I've never seen it as I don't like birds to start with ...

Been and runned - sunny early morning with a posh-ish brunch cooking - potato bits baked with onion and thyme  in butter and oil, then bacon on top, with tomato and egg popped into spaces. Good job I worked up an appetite!

26/12/2012 at 11:40

Oh!? I thought we were in a queue for a sale item that isn't really a sale item as it was only at the higher price for 4 weeks between November and December....

I feel cheated !!

Go Go Amandax

Well runned Pippi

Have a great day Daffs

M...eldy    pirate
26/12/2012 at 11:56
Morning all !!!

Am I too late to slap Daffs?

Just mooching around for an hour and then back to work for me
26/12/2012 at 12:08

My friend's dog....

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/444580/gallery/sandy_small.jpg?width=350

26/12/2012 at 12:16

oh that's worse than reindeer antlers. Poor dawg!

Did I read that Snaily is making a flask of tea foe the queers ??

The luxury dressing gown and deluxe coffee makes you sound all suave, Noggs - my mother used to weak at the knees when Gareth Hunt shook his beans in the well known coffee advert

Have a fab family day, daffy - why the change after 8 years ? I love the sound of your aunty - now I get some idea where your Daffyness comes from

Tough choice, curry at Sue's or take my chances chez noggs as the menu is always good

A run and posh brunch sounds like a fab Boxing Day tradition if it isn't one already, pippi

Tell them to shut the bleedin bells up if you're trying to sleep, Chuggs  I strained my TFL a few weeks ago and could barely walk, let alone run. I'm hoping by being sensible it wont be too long before I can plod on again

Do you think Mandax needs the RNLI

I am reading and both boys are still in their jimmies - I feel so norty for not having anything to do

26/12/2012 at 13:26

The brunch was nice, but the timings need tweaking for next year. Crunchy potatoes - still nice! but runny eggs ... ... I like mine bouncy!

We are clearing off to see the Hobbit this afternoon so that Pippette can have the front room and telly with friend. It might or might not happen. (I mean, we are going, but friend might not come - now told it's all a bit vague and we are making a big thing of it - I thought we were being rather nice and considerate!)

26/12/2012 at 13:34

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/103883/gallery/2012-26_-_rough_seas_at_new_brighton.jpg?width=350

The view on my run this morning!

26/12/2012 at 13:51

Morning or rather Afternoon All  and a lovely one it is too - although I'm told it won't last suprise suprise!!

(((mrs Dawg, crotchety crocheting daffs)0)

Run sounds fun Amandax - a new spring is always good news

Nice photo Pipples - very familiar scene for me!

I have Morelli's -ed and very nice it was too - around 35 turned out from the club for the run and most stayed for hot choc / ice cream sundaes etc afterwards

Back is still sore and I'm hobbling as a result so looks like tail end charlying the XC on Jan 6th isn't going to happen but I'm still tail end charlying the bra run on NYD as that's walking which is good for me   Think I may finally give in and see if i can get a diagnosis of some sorts as it disturbs my sleep most nights let alone when it has these spasm phases and I fear no longer being a finely honed afferlete..............oi stop sniggering at the back!  

Right - time to get into slob clothese here

26/12/2012 at 14:29

Happy Boxing Day everyone

Sorry I didn't manage to get in here and join the festivities yesterday, but I had a very busy day and by the timne it was over, I was rather tired.

Secret Santa didn't arrive here unfortunately but I did have lots of other pressies which were gratefully received. Stanley had a lovely day, as did we all. Mr L prepared the veg, I did the cooking and he washed everything up all day. ~Wonderful. I was so excited christmas eve, that I couldn't get to sleep. Was exhausted last night, but in a good way

Sorry to see that Mrs Dawg had a funny turn, Yums - I hope it is only a once yearly thing. Jess used to do that occasionally but the vet said it was too infrequent to give her anything for it. Luckily it never seemed to cause any lasting effect. Hope its the same for your lady.

(((((((((poorly and sore backs and appendages)))))))

Just watched 'Mr Stink' on tv. Thought it was very good

I can hear Stanley giggling downstairs so I am going down to see what he is up to.

Love to you all xx

M...eldy    pirate
26/12/2012 at 15:31

and to you too Larry .. it would appear that Santa was a little tired & overworked this year !

Its blowing a hooley and chucking it down so I presume a lot of Boxing Day walks will not happen for those that only do it once a year!

26/12/2012 at 16:30

Helloo all and good to hear you all had a great time . Just back home after a brilliant day with daughter and family.
Lots of prezzies flying about and if you get a few more "jokes" from me blame SS who sent me a book to add to my collection.

I did a silly yesterday , well it was a good silly really I put my running gear on and ran to Daughters well it was more a run walk. The others came over by car with my change of clothes so I clocked up 8.2 miles on christmas day which is a first and gave me an excuse to be a pig for rest of day.

now having a quiet evening at home so enjoy yourselves

26/12/2012 at 17:31
Well run Westie

*waves to Larry*

It has been miserable here all day, rain of the wettest kind ! So work mate and I didn't venture out but chatted and watched Enchanted.... Patrick Dempsey..,,,drooooool !!!!!
XB
26/12/2012 at 18:13
Yoo hoo. I remembered my login details.

Compliments of the season. And a spesh thanks to SS for my Keep Calm and go Running t-shirt. Result.

Out fer tea tonight then back home tomorrow.
26/12/2012 at 18:48

A quick flit.

To my SS. You are a person of impeccable taste and very thoughtful.  Thank you so much.  I'll take it with me to Italy as my travelling/evening reading. It may even be a source of inspiraiton.

I should say for the others that it's the Bradley Wiggins book  'My Time'

26/12/2012 at 18:55
Brilliant Nogs

I think Santa has been very kind to us all this year

I feel shattered and I've done F all, all day!!
But I guess late nights and Mr Spence' alarm going off at 5:45 might have something to do with it!!
26/12/2012 at 19:09
Afternoon! Yawn - I seem to have been snoozing
Wowee westie! Well runned - think I've forgotten how
We had a lovely walk with the rugby club lot - lots of people and dogs, back home for turkey ham and chips. We seem to have various chaps at the table playing cards while I watch tv with the dogs - loverly!
Got a jack Russell calendar from SS
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.