working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

213,181 to 213,200 of 237,129 messages
24/12/2012 at 23:57
Bed time here!

I know what you mean Melds but Mr Spence overheard a conversation during which one said "oh just ring up and say your backs bad, they can't do fu*k All"

He needs Snaily up here!!!
25/12/2012 at 00:44

Oh bu99er, it's repeating again! Sorry. 

But lovely to see the Sluggsies )))) Trust Christmas will be totally opulent on board ship---we shall want ALL the details!

(((((((((((((((((FarFars)))))))))))))))

The 'first Christmas' is always tough, especially coming so soon. Hope you all manage to find some nice moments in it all. 

Podds, only you could have a 'six-hound perambulation'! Sounds like a VERY exclusive  sort of adventure holiday ))

Daffs, Podds is right. If Mr Daffs won't even TRY to get better, you owe him no sympathy! (I have the same thing with Mr C....!!!!)

Nogs, don't forget it will be specially tough for FIL and you are both doing a great job. 

We have to dash off to watch chickens, sheep, stars, shepherds, and other assembled livestock mill about the church...! xxx

25/12/2012 at 00:55

Ignore the above. An evil fairy accompanies me wherever I go, repeating whatever I say..... but more importantly:

Merry Christmas, lovely WAISters!  Sounds like most people's plans have come good, even if there were a few minor mishaps (Tubs' flowers, Daffs' cards, Mr Spence's not-so-loyal colleauges). 

We are as ready here as we're going to get. Crib service duly enjoyed (makes the House of Commons look orderly and polite ), big puffy baked apple pancake duly consumed with a bottle of bubbly, midnight service sung, turkey in the low oven, just have to put the prezzies under the tree and the little things in the stockings and I can fall into bed not long after 2 am. This is the best moment of Christmas: all travellers safely arrived, lighted tree shining in the dark, all the exciting anticipation at its height. I'll enjoy it for just a few minutes, then head bed-wards. 

Whenever you see this, HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL  xxxx

25/12/2012 at 01:06

Merry Christmas Chuggs, Spence, and the rest of you

I'm nearly done... Breakfast is a HUGE success (although how much of it will be left til breakfast I don't know...) Finally going to sit down and get cracking with the end of the let's-start-an-unrealistically-complicated-craft-project-a-week-before-christmas present

25/12/2012 at 02:53

Morning All

Merry Christmas

Mine has started with my back seizing - can't lie, sit, stand or walk and feel sick

What a bl**dy good start

25/12/2012 at 05:25
((((Podds)))) not good. Hope it eases off.
Eldest went bed early with sore throat , hoping it doesn't develop.
Bit apprehensive about tomo or actually today now.OH not great at family and clashes a little with dad. Always feel a bit like piggy in middle. Prob why I'm awake stupidly early. Plus I was panicking about being burgled. No reason bar heard of 3 people who have been recently.

Spence are you up?? Alarms been going off since 5!

Right going to try for more sleep.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Edited: 25/12/2012 at 05:27
25/12/2012 at 05:54
Morning! Happy Christmas everyone!

Amandax all done here!!!
Hope today goes well, family things can get tense

Oh (((((Podds)))) hope you got some rest

Chuggs, that all sounds wonderful !

I am sat in the middle of paper!!!

My sister has sent me a watch. It is SO not me it's laughable, I wish she'd save her money and ring occasionally to ask how we all are!
25/12/2012 at 06:13
*yawn*

I might go back to bed and finish The Hobbit!
I've got a new book to start....Seven Deadly Sins - David Walsh.
25/12/2012 at 07:04
Oh do come on!!

Tea and coffee both on!
25/12/2012 at 07:13

Tea please Spence

Drugs are a wonderful thing -1 out of date Diclofenac and 4 ibuprofen in the space of 1 1/2 hours + deep heat max strength then a HWB later and slowly pacing the lounge whilst watching a documentary on the loss of the ice sheets / glaciers meant that by 5am I was at least able to get half comfy on the settee and doze a bit

So.............it's Christmas! Merry Christmas everyone

Think I may have to amend my original dog walking plans but hey! I like to live dangerously!

is the book a crime type of thing Spence? not heard of the author.....

25/12/2012 at 07:39
David Walsh......My Pursuit Of Lance Armstrong!!

I saw an interview with him a while back on BBC news, think it'll make an interesting read!
25/12/2012 at 07:49

Merry Christmas Lovely WAISTERS!  I have a friend staying over with us as she would have been on her own otherwise (she has family but they all have partners/kids and the sister who always invites them round for a family get together had a baby last week so obviously didn't feel up to it this year).  We went to see an 80 year old friend last night who was delighted to see us.  I have known her 30+ years but I can honesly say I don' think she has changed a bit.  

I have lost 3st 5lb this year but still have more to go.  Hope I don't put it all back on over Christmas.

Podds, I hope you back twangs back into place.  Sorry I haven't read back.  I will try to catch up with you all  though. 

25/12/2012 at 07:52
Sorry, sorry, how very rude...
Thank you, thank you to my Secret Santa !!

Very spoilt a lovely red Snood,wrist wallet and some cheesey bites for DD!

Perfect thank you very much xxxxx

Wow FP well done on the weight loss!
25/12/2012 at 08:06
Morning all and merry Christmas to all my wonderful WAISter pals
I'm in bed drinking tea - my boys won't surface for some time I fear - how times have changed!
Wow FP I didn't realise you gad been so successful with the weighloss how fab

Good luck today Amandax - we may have a slightly testing day but everyone gets on ok. Main worry is that MIL may refuse to come but we shall see!
25/12/2012 at 08:06

Morning and Happy Christmas each.

Santa has been to Oxfordshire, there's loads under our tree.

Thanks to SS - it's yet to be opened.

FP, you haven't lost that weight,I think you'll find your Waister chums are looking after it for you

I'll try to check in later but will wish all of you lovely people a fabbo day.

25/12/2012 at 08:44

morning Merry Christmas one and all

(((podds))) That's bad news. Hope the drugs continue to keep it manageable - if not apply Baileys liberally.

wow, FP, that's a fab lot of weight to lose and how lovely you've found time for friends  - it will mean a lot to them

5am Spence - so just who is the big kid???

Good luck to you, Mrs farfar - hope MiL jogs along nicely with you and isn't tricky.  Good luck to you too, Mandax

Daffy organised????? snigger. It's not a time for resolutions yet, that's next week

Hope you get up to see the GPO today, M...eldy - I'm sure he'll have tales to tell of seeing Santa and his sleigh

And chuggs, I agree, my fave time is Christmas Eve - I like the quiet when everything is done, the lights are low and its peaceful. I went to chum Mark's last night. Had a lovely evening - I knew some of his friends but everyone was very welcoming and lovely. Mrs Dawg perambulated. Need to put the presents out - Mrs D is like NV - loves to rip paper

I wish you all a peaceful, kind, heartwarming day and idf you cant manage that, pop in here and share it

x

25/12/2012 at 09:16
Morning lovely WAISTers! Merry Christmas!

Didn't go to bed til 3am so no early stats here... just about to ring nephews and make tea - my nephews are ages 3, 5 and 6 - reckon my sister got woken up before I even went to bed??

Have a lovely (or at least peaceful!) Day
25/12/2012 at 09:42

Just popping in to wish all Waisters a very Merry Christmas and a fabulous 2013. 

25/12/2012 at 09:51
Happy Christmas WAISTErs. I have been spoilt and my SS was a chute I've also been brought running socks so I better get back into it!

I'm all shivery and snotty and feeling bleugh. Oh we'll if I don't cook the dinner we'll be havin nowt.

Grrrrrr for mr spence work mates
25/12/2012 at 10:42

a chute, snaily ? ((snaily)))  Take it easy. You can always have Christmas another day

Merry Christmas, Soupy

A little snooze this afternoon perhaps, Daffy

Royalty are about to descend. Let the fun begin   I have text my sister and wished them a happy one. I did it because I can

(((mr spence))

(((poddles)))

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.