working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

213,201 to 213,220 of 236,157 messages
25/12/2012 at 11:14

Good on you Yums You are the bigger person of course!

A chute snaily?! Is this some kind of predictive text creation?! Or is it like a giant water slide?? Hope you're feeling better soon xx

(podds)))) you too - poor lass Not a good start to the day!

We had a lovely lazy start Opened presents now, so thank you SO much to Waister santa who got me some ice and snow grip overshoes No excuses now!

Mr Daffs has gone back to bed, and I'm munching chocolate coins and lazing around

25/12/2012 at 12:01
A chute is similar to a snood

Well done Yums you are the bigger person

Brilliant news mum is home for Christmas, sounds like her and nan are having a right laugh.

I'm gradually doing lunch inbetween blowing my nose and having a cuppa
M...eldy    pirate
25/12/2012 at 12:32
Morning Waisters and a very merry Christmas to you all

Santa made it in the nick of time !!!! He brought me a lovely new hot water bottle and an arm buff thingy to keep my keys in ! Perfect

I got lots of owls and cats and chocolates ... People do know me after all!

I've been out on my bike for a couple of hours, popped to see FGO and a friend and am now drinking coffee and going thru pressies!

Hope you all have fabulous days x
25/12/2012 at 13:01

Glad santa made it in the nick of time Meldy!

And SOOooo good to hear your mum is home for Christmas snaily! SUCH good news

My dinner is all prepped now, but Mr Daffs is in bed, and we only had breakfast a couple of hours ago so won't be any time soon! Nail painting and some christmas tv nonsense I reckon

25/12/2012 at 15:02
Ahh glad Santa got to you Meld

Well, I went back to bed! Snoozing & dreaming felt a bit odd when I got up, & I little maudling so we went for an hours walk.
The boy was sulking a bit about it, but sulking is better than moaning...at least it's quiet!! So glad we went nearly didn't as raining but cleared so was ok

We Skyped my folks who have gone to see step sister in Wales...
Step mum said to step Gran (102)
"Say hello to Spence"
"Who!?"
"It's spence"
"A bag!?"
"Hello bag!?"

I found out later mum had held up a plastic bag because the sun was in her eyes!!!!

Lunch and a glass of red, alls well with the world!
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
25/12/2012 at 15:06

afternoon and a merry christmas to you all 

I've been wurkin' but home now. We've not yet opened our pressies, I'll do dinner in a bit, then we'll open them!

I don't know if my SS got to it's intended recipient, I hope so! Mine is waiting on the pile.

I'll be back later

25/12/2012 at 15:35
Nice lazy day here! Dinner in the oven, plenty of tea and chocolate and last minute crochet maybe a walk when it's give dark to look at the pretty lights
25/12/2012 at 15:46

Santa came to me with a nice waist (er) belt for running, just the size for keys, phone, or, it turns out a small bar of dairy milk .

Merry Christmas everybody!

Pippette is asleep on the settee with the cat, Mr P is reading how to work his new iPad while wearing a Guiness hat, and I've been leafing through a cookery book.

Day with in-laws yesterday - it's b-in-laws birthday, plus Mr Ps olds came over to stay in North Wales near the rest of the family (I say olds as they are step parent and step-step parent now!!)

Merry Christmas again. (checking the weather for tomorrow to see whether Pippette and friend get the house to themselves ....)

25/12/2012 at 16:07

Merry Christmas all! 

Hope everyone's days have gone well. 

(((((((((((((Amandax))))))))))

Hope the day went well and family all got on. Can be very frazzling for mum in the middle....

((((((((((((((((Snaily)))))))))))))

Hope the cold has gone away in the course of the day, but WHAT great news about your mum  That's great news for you all!

(((((((((((((((((JFF)))))))))))))

Inevitably a hard day, especially for Mr JFF. Thinking of you all.

Yums, good for you! Being gracious at Christmas 'because you can' is so good. It leaves you with your dignity, whether she can ever respond or not. 

Oh Spence.... 'sulky is better than moaning'....you bet!! 

(((((((((((((Podds)))))))))))

What a horrible start to Christmas! Glad that cocktail of pills got you over the worst --- hopefully you're feeling better as they day goes on. 

Daffs, is Mr. Daffs starting to feel better now? 

Melds, you don't sound like you're TOO sad not to be working today!  How great that you're able to have a proper Christmas day for a change!

Everything went off well here: pannetone breakfast, prezzies (C1 brought loads of great little things she's picked up in her travels over the last year), lunch with the whole family  and Lia  (older lady who always spenbcds Christmas Day with us, a sort of adopted gran!) . Thought I might get out for a little toddle but it's blowing a hoolie and raining cats and dogs, Mr C has just taken Lia home, Chuglets are all watching a silly film and I think for the rest of the day we'll probably do SFA!

25/12/2012 at 16:47

Everyone sounds like they are having/have had fun.  We had a lovely three bird roast and all the trimmings.  Took friend home and then on to her brother's house.  Now there is a lull waiting for my brother, his girlfriend and her daughter to descend in about half  an hour.

Sorry to hear you are feeling a bit snotty Snaily.  Hope things are improving as the day goes by.

Spence good to hear  you got them out for a bit of fresh air.  It does em good.

Chuggs, how lovely you have the whole family there for Christmas.  Shame about the weather but you can't have everything.

Oh SS sent me a lovely initial H on a chain!  H is for Footpather of course, lol.

Meldy you have a Christmas day not at work?  How splendiferous!

Yummsy, has that silly sister of yours not seen sense yet!  You are indeed the better character that you can still wish  her well at this special time of year.  It's time she saw there's more to life than grudges.

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
25/12/2012 at 16:53

'ello again

just popping in to say thankyou for my lurvely SS pressie , some thoughtfull imagination there, I have the relaxing DVD on as we speak  - (I've already downed the wine with my dinner )

25/12/2012 at 16:55

I've just bought myself a necklace to match the lovely bracelet that Mr Spence bought me (well, I sent him an e-mail with a link to a few bracelets and said buy me one of these!!!)......please  Half price  Well it would be rude not too

25/12/2012 at 17:58
Oh help, seems I can't even lurk without belching. Sorry!!!!

DL, I think you ought to open a special counselling practice for cat owners, you would do fabulously well))
25/12/2012 at 18:07
Quick pop in as others all watching dr who. Day went well , no arguments, parents now dispatched home and I am in new pjs. Chilling eve I think. 5k race/ paddle tomorrow then to parents for dinner. Had some lovely pressies including a wooden carved rack for hanging running medals! Not opened santas yet!
25/12/2012 at 18:18

morning.

Is it bedtime yet ?

Some fabulous sounding secret santas going on here. I was lucky enough to receive a Great British Bake off diary - each month has a recipe for me to bake and its season appropriate - goodness, I shall have no excuse to become Mrs Bun the baker now - thank you Santa  - it feels good to know someone is actually listening to my drivel

I'm noty jealous of M...eldy escaping for a few hrs fun, no, not jealous at all

Bit of a mixed day. While I was in the kitchen Mrs Dawg had a turn where her legs wouldn't hold her (this happened just before chrimbo last year and they found nothing wrong) Unfortunately she panicked and kicked a hole in my lounge door. I ran in and grabbed her and held her up until she calmed down. She doesn't seem to have hurt herself and seems ok now but its a worry Not heard from sis - she may have changed her phone number and I wouldn't know. Not heard from some friends I thought might have been in touch but heard from those that matter

My chum mark gave me an antique rug handmade by the Baluchi Tribe who hail from Iran/Afghanistan area of SE Asia

25/12/2012 at 18:28
Oh poor Mrs Dawg she must have given it a good kick to go through it!? Or do you have paper doors!!!

I've Skyped 'My Mate J' she'd had. Sherbet or two!!!
25/12/2012 at 18:35

well, its not the most solid of doors but it is wooden. yay for J. You can take a girl out of Ireland.......

Before Mrs D was overcome with her turn....

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/133977/gallery/004_(copy)_1.jpg?width=350

25/12/2012 at 19:18
Dashing again sorry! ((((Podds))))) (((( JFF ))))

Thank you so much to my thoughtful Secret Santa for such lovely presents and I would love to know the stories behind them (((( SS ))))

Note to self: reading the cooking time on the leg less turkey is a good idea before deciding to pop it in the oven at 4 pm. Another hour should do it !!

And mother has informed me that her flowers " weren't up to much and not to waste money buying them again." I've ordered some more for step mother.

((((( waisters))))
25/12/2012 at 19:19
Whoops - Merry Christmas!!! Xxxxxxx
25/12/2012 at 19:58
Ahh look at Mrs Dawg, she's beautiful
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.