working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

213,201 to 213,220 of 235,449 messages
17/12/2012 at 11:53

Morning all. Still, Just. 

DL, your weekend does sound like one of those that are more fun to recount afterward...! And then to be a cat servant when you're trying to sleep. What a life! 

Awww, Podds, sorry your nice weekend was so quickly dissipated by wurk. At least you have only one more week and then get a breather!

How nice to be able to work at home after all the train journeys last week, Daffs 

Nogs, hope the gob is feeling OK now. I was really surprised how much better my whole mouth felt once the offending tooth was gone. 

Now---I am NOT a total Scrooge!! I didn't know it was my SS prezzie, there was nothing on the outside to say so, no postmark or identifier so I could have guessed it was WAISter, and as we all order prezzies on the internet (the boys use several of my accounts) I opened it to see what it was and whose it might be. My SS veruy sensibly didn't wrap the gloves, so I couldn't help seeing them. Please, please, can I still come to Christmas???

17/12/2012 at 12:46

mmmm well perhaps if you bring Cake Chuggs

Pressed submit too soon

Glad you had a good weekend after all DL, NLPS is too old to leap the Dotty stair gate so thankfully we don't get woken like that!!

I am in a grump of the first order no rhyme or reason for it, but would like to go under a blanket and hide

I shall go away and return when I'm a bit more cheery!!

Edited: 17/12/2012 at 12:51
17/12/2012 at 13:29
Oh heck, Spence that's not like you to be grumpy! May I suggest some scrummy cake and a coffee of your choice? X

Cologne sounded wonderful Chuggy :0) and how lovely you have the family home :0). Jnr now has his own family so we've told him any time they want to pop in is fine with us, he and Mini always used to come for his Christmas dinner - he's always been brave when it comes to my cooking :0)

I may have overdone it with Xmas order, my eyes are lousy still and I just clicked on stuff. There are two of us, but on Sunday Mr Tubs is collecting 1 x leg less turkey ( feeds 6 to 8 ), 1 x Beef Wellington ( 4 to 6), one gammon with stuff on it (6 to 8) and a game pie thing (large)! I don't think we're going to be hungry!

Well done to Amelia Noggs :0)

(((DL))) cats have the knack of training us beautifully. Ozzy used to tap my hand with his paw so I lifted it then he'd snuggle underneath my arm. Still miss him :0( Oskar is a joy and is loving the Christmas tree :0)

Off to collect hay and turn rubber mats over in stables - the bobbly side is a b*gger to brush!

((((Waisters))))
17/12/2012 at 13:36

LOL DL, that kitty of yours learns fast, HC is still attacking my toes at 4am, but its as effective as the face claw

woohoo noggs GD, a star in the making, are you putting her in for BGT???

Dont worry Podds soon the kids will be on holiday and you can get on with your job in peace!

Well I've had a flippin whirlwind weekend in stoke, 6hrs journey up, dropping HC off at the cattery, stuck in a traffic jam so he pee'd in his box   Visited family all over the weekend trying to schedule everything around hospital visiting times, back home yesterday, picked up HC, he cried all the way home and shite in his box

BUT christmas is wrapped, delivered and DONE.  I can now chill (apart from the house decorating)

Exciting news, came in the office today, girl in the office is getting married Christmas Eve.......like on MONDAY!!!  this is unbelievable, she's a planner, but this time just doing everything on the spur of the moment.  we're now rushing round to get her a pressie of some kind.  But how exciting 

Off to search the internet some more!

17/12/2012 at 13:36

why didnt my text appear in the arrows? 

**trying stars**

17/12/2012 at 13:37

oh good stars work

17/12/2012 at 14:45

Helloooo Snaily

the most recent RW "upgrade" got rid of our ability to put anything in in fact these may not even appear!!!!

17/12/2012 at 14:47

See? 

It should have read

PO.dds: La Befana wrote (see)

Helloooo Snaily

the most recent RW "upgrade" got rid of our ability to put anything in in fact these may not even appear!!!!

....to put anything in * * in fact these.............

Lets see this time...........

17/12/2012 at 14:47

Nope - they really don't like arrows - not even within stars.........

Miserable gits! 

17/12/2012 at 16:53

to RW upgrade dept!

17/12/2012 at 17:52

Tubs, why a legless turkey, has he been on the baileys???

We are not getting much work done today, we're in full blown wedding mode!  Its very exciting though.  I've had a request to bring in some bubbly, feel a right meeney and said no.  We have a strict no alcohol policy, but as a compromise I'm off to M&S to buy them some non-alcoholic bubbley.

and even better news the keys to mums new house have been handed into the council, they have to do their silly H&S checks, but she can go and view it this week, so she'll be in very soon   

Dare I say it.....finially feel things are settling down and I can get my life back!

Right off to M&S then home for sausage and cheese oatcakes 

M...eldy    pirate
17/12/2012 at 19:49

Helllooooo  !!!

Thats it Christmas is over.

Off to work   

M...eldy    pirate
17/12/2012 at 19:50

Turkey salad for tea 

M...eldy    pirate
17/12/2012 at 19:50

Oh .. Wiggos Tour on ITV4 at 8pm

I shall watch that whilst I am getting ready to leave

17/12/2012 at 22:05

morning

Ummm, I cannot believe that Chuggs of all people opened her Santa. Musta got carried away on the crest of the Cologne Christmas market wave.

DL, I'm glad unreliable friends were still unreliable but in a more random way - must be lesmanians

bravo and encore Amelia

Phew, Christmas had gone already ? That was the best one ever - hardly felt it at all. I love turkey sarnies

Snigger at HC providing in car entertainment - bless him Fab news about you mum's place

Tubbs, that is some feast you and mr Tubbs have lined up - I think all WAISter pets should convene chez Tubbs to help out

Uneventful day here - dog refused to come out and play with me again tonight. Ma called to say that sis visited them for lunch yesterday and left a present for minyums no 1 but nothing for minyums no 2 or me. It is what I expected so hardly surprised but I wont be giving no 1 his present and shall deal with my sis after Christmas/New year - that will give me time to think of alternate words to pathetic/dont you think you should act like a grown up/cow etc

M...eldy    pirate
18/12/2012 at 05:11

Can I go home yet ?

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
18/12/2012 at 05:43

morning

off you go Melds. tell 'em I said so 

I'm off to spin class in a bit if anyone wants to join me 

18/12/2012 at 06:31
Err, no thanks sue

Poor yums, how you can think of something sensible to say

Yawn yawnity yawn yawn

Best get out of bed and go catch the train I suppose
18/12/2012 at 08:41

morning all,still busy rushing about as duty taxi man and Yums think it's all been said about your sister sad really.

Mrs is happy to have both her "boys" around this christmas , Tony is staying with Scott then all going to Daughters over the holidays for family do.

I did manage to scrape in a 6 miler yesterday after a week of nothing but legs a bit stiff this morning.
Thank goodness for your Updates Chuggy saves a lot of reading back (which I forget half of )

Off to Scott's again later today after a few mugs of  coffee so play nice I will try to catch up again later .
Oh yes M..eldy you can finish at least one hour earlyer each day from work (tell them I said so )

18/12/2012 at 09:33

Why is it that when there is only one direction of a road passable (as the other direction has a blockage) and you are on that side of that road but on a bike..............every tosser in a car on the blocked side thinks it's fine not to give way to you and bully their way through ??????????? 

Morning BTW 

Good grief Westie - are you actually building Scott's new place - you seem to live there - hope he appreciates it!!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.