working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

213,201 to 213,220 of 242,757 messages
26/12/2012 at 20:09
Evening.

Race was fun! They have changed organisation a bit this year and not for better. Had to be there half hr before main race- there was also 2 kids races and a walk option. Meant hanging round for half hr. luckily was dry but bliddy cold.

Met up with the other club guys and had few pics. Then off , 2 laps of soggy recreation ground then out into fields. Uphill to start, not toooo muddy, across top then downhill. That's the bit that was very muddy and quite slippery. They had kindly put signs up warming of quicksand, even more quicksand and water features! Also some dire jokes to read on way back.

Managed to not fall over but very slow. Good fun though

Came back, friend popped in. Went parents for dinner and now back. Quite like bit of peace now. Only so much full on family I can do.
Edited: 26/12/2012 at 20:10
26/12/2012 at 21:30

Well runned Amandax and Westie!

We had fun watching the Hobbit at our newish local cinema (in 3D!!!). for the purist, they spend a bit too much time on backstory and making it a prequel to LotR, but once it got going it was entertaining and very impressively done (especially with the 3D glasses on!) I'm suggesting Mr P reads the book - He didn't recognise the ring, as he hadn't seen the film of LotR - it happens 60 years earlier! Do try to keep up!

26/12/2012 at 21:50
I've got 30 pages to go of The Hobbit, in bed now about to start reading wonder how far I'll get before......zzzz
27/12/2012 at 08:09
Blimey am I first in!?
NoteI said first in not first up !
27/12/2012 at 08:09
Am I reallythe first person up today???
27/12/2012 at 08:10

Morning Spence, I didn;t hear you get up. ( I said it for you)

Get the kettle on.

27/12/2012 at 08:11

Oh Hello Chuggs, It must have been close to a tie between us.

27/12/2012 at 08:12
Glad to see you, Spence! Bit quiet in here, innit?

Hope whatever the others did last night, it was worth it!(snigger)

Anyway, happy days all, Tante Kit about to have breakfast with us (well, Mr C, C 1 and me, the bpys are still asleep!)
27/12/2012 at 08:36

Norty Nogs !!

I am actually dressed.....before 9am !!

27/12/2012 at 08:45

I'm dressed and in work

And would you bloody believe it, 1 - it isnt raining and 2 - my snot has dried up (though it has left me with a koff) Typical that I'm stuck in an office.  Though I may cry off and go home early....I'm taking tips from Mr Spence's boss

Saw your pics Amandax, looks well muddy, so glad you enjoyed it.

I tried on my chute yesterday, MrS was in hysterics as I got my head stuck in it, and at one point my face was covered and the hole was at the back of my head. Not sure if SS designed it to be a puzzle but its really puzzling me 

Right must find some work to do!

27/12/2012 at 08:52

blimey, I've stepped into an anomoaly in the space time continuum - Spence is up and dressed already

Of course I am up, dressed and dog walked and washing in the machine - tea is in the pot.

My life is so exciting that by last night I had run out of anything to share with you lot.

Larry, lovely to think of Stanley giggling away - kids giggles can be infectious - sounds as though you're having a fab time on Spooky Island and bravo Mr L for his veg prepping and washing up - do you lend him out ?

How is Tante Kit, Chuggy ? Is she still as independent as ever ?

Now, how do I entertain two teenage boys who ask what we are doing but when I suggest a walk along the beach will say no, cinema... maybe, cycle ride...no - they get bored if we see my friends and dont seem bothered about seeing their own.

27/12/2012 at 09:34

Morning all and look NO smutty Spence jokes .
Off to start fitting a solid oak floor in Scott's place later today so that will be me for a few days .
Yums buy the boys some boxing gloves and send them outside to play

More coffee now

27/12/2012 at 09:39
It's good for kids to be bored! Did they not get a present they can play with? Can you give them a budget of a tenner or something and get then to come up with something for you all to do? Or an I just mean??

Poor Snaily being in work! I'm still in bed I'm afraid very lovely long day yesterday - lovely time with family, some rather odd presents, and Mr daffs slept all the way there and back so I ended up driving for 4 hours, bloody exhausting!

Not got a single thing planned for today - feels extremely luxurious! Absolutely no idea what I'll be doing when I g get out of be, is great
27/12/2012 at 09:46

Morning

I too am up and dressed and the boys have been on the beach for the first time since Christmas Eve so are happy (but tired) little sausages

Apparently we are going to the gym this morning.......I reckon I can do upper body exercises fine as nothing above the waist hurts and probably some gentle leg ones too so long as they don't involve the core........anyway I'll give it a try and see what happens!!

It has now started raining here following a nice start so glad the dog walk is done and dusted though

Yums - I applaud Daffs ideas re the boys - 'fraid I've got no good ideas of my own!  You could get them to decorate  bras for anyone coming on NYD..... I've got to try and find 4.....and I need to make a birthday badge for the NV as NYD is his birthday and he'll be 7

27/12/2012 at 09:53

well, westie, what a fabulous Dad you are - mad running and able to help out/take charge of the DIY - my Dad is a DIY disaster - he offers and I beg him not to help.

Daffy, 4 hrs driving deserves a lie in. And what on earth do you class as an 'odd' present ?

Well, looks as though outdoorsy stuff wont happen as its tonking down again .LOL at the boxing gloves idea though and after they could have an excting evening in A&E!  Prob is I have until 7 January to entertain the boys. They did get games for XBox and Nintendo DS but....... I think they have bendyominoes - we could play that or use my bake off diary and have a ...bake off - too much food already though -ooh, they could have a bath - that would be a novelty!

27/12/2012 at 09:58

Oooh, bras- not thought about that - not sure about Mrs D and her limpy leg though

Are you sure gym work is a good idea if you have a dodgy back, Podds?

If I give the boys £10 and tell them to find something for us all to do we'll end up in the local sweet shoppe

27/12/2012 at 10:23

has anyone got any ideas what I can do, work is boring 

Think Scott's place is gonna look well posh.

27/12/2012 at 11:27

""""tidies desk drawer""""

27/12/2012 at 11:32

morning all

Its p*ssing down here. At least we haave only rian - I watched the tonrados/snowblizzards in ~America. What am I moaning about??

A back to normal day here. Holly, James and Stanley will be going home this evening and we will be all alone again. We wil miss them, especially the little chap but its been grand having them here.

Great plodding Noggin. Easy does it

I still appear to have christmas cards that I didn't deliver. OOps, they will be ok for next year then?

27/12/2012 at 12:21

Snaily, didn't it come with some instructions!!?? It is giving me a giggle you trying to sort it!!

I'm awaiting a mate and her two boys, she's kept me sane for 14 years  We decided the kids would moan about a dog walk and whilst we normally make them thought we'd treat ourselves and go on our own!!

Yums, threaten  'em with a job, thery will soon find something to entertain themselves!!

Westie you is a great dad

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.