working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

213,401 to 213,420 of 234,998 messages
23/12/2012 at 11:12
Tee hee Noggs, I can just imagine XB doing that! I will take you at your word and kick you up the backside we could start a WAISTer band!
M...eldy    pirate
23/12/2012 at 11:16

Please dont    

23/12/2012 at 11:29

Bags I head up the wind section...parp, parp

Pippi, hope you're recovered from your dining adventure. I once went out on a meal and it was farcical - half expected Jeremy Beadle to spring out from somewhere - ran out of cutlery, the chef/owner with no teeth who insisted on barging into our friend's birthday pics and we didn't want her in them

Hmmm, WAISter band - am sure we could have some fun with song title suggestions......

23/12/2012 at 11:30

dont Noggs and XB and westie look young

M...eldy    pirate
23/12/2012 at 11:40

The joke is lost on me - I cant see the piccies 

23/12/2012 at 12:29
Afternoon
Not been in but been around.mojo slowly starting to return. Managed 3 miles last week with no problems with knee. Hope stays that way as got Boxing Day 5k booked. They have just emailed to say course v waterlogged and expect mud! Deep joy! Have also drafted an article for our club Magazine. At the beginning of year I set a target of running one race a month and if I do Boxing Day then I have succeeded. The article is a brief outline of my year and writing it down had helped me with my motivation so all is good!

On FIL front things still difficulties but have put flat etc on hold til new year.
Work been manic but off now til 28th

Oh and I think secret santas arrived. Unless someone else sending me pressies!
23/12/2012 at 12:38
Glad you've got a bit of time off Amanda! Hooray for Santa - has everyone got one now? Didn't realise you were doing a race a month, how fab! Do we get to see your write up when it's done?

I'm feeling a great reluctance to leave the house today...
M...eldy    pirate
23/12/2012 at 12:41

I dont have mine yet ... 

23/12/2012 at 13:19

Afternoon

Nogvidad nuestra wrote (see)

I couldn't give a fat rats backside for SCD but I did promise HL i'd be more tolerant.

That obviously doesn't apply in here.

Really Noggs - I hadn't noticed................

Aww Melds - at least you know who was brave / stupid ** enough to blank you

** delete as applicable

I have braved the shops this morning (only for usual weekend food shop) and really wish I hadn't - bloody ridiculous the amount people are buying for 1 day's closure........

Going to treat myself to a nice long bath and read of a magazine now

Oh and Friday's shoes weren't very exciting but I took the bus to school so I could have a drink, missed the bus as I caught my heel in pavement crack which pulled the strap off the left shoe (and gave my gammy knee a bit of a painful jerk) so ended up late

Went to the creative dept who glued the shoe back together with high tech glue gun but not only did that not work but the other one broke the same way for no reason whilst walking between buildings (they were an old'ish pair). Ended up in white "exam scholls" to walk around in under my posh purple outfit and changed into the "proper" shoes for standing around and going to bhe bar in

So you see - not very exciting at all - not compared to the excitement of the bus ride home - I really know how to live!!

M...eldy    pirate
23/12/2012 at 13:23

If memory serves me right I didnt get one a few years ago either ...

I am sure it will turn up, and I dont usually remember who gets the delightful task of getting mine either !!

23/12/2012 at 13:52
Ooh well done Amandax, hadn't realised you were doing a race a month!

I'm seriously worried about my mojo I've never been so CBA since I started running I've told myself I'm being sensible and to start back New Year... I have visited the sub 5 thread as instructed by Mother!!

We have had a big roast, ( Christmas dinner) trifle, filter coffee and Elizabeth Shaw chocs now it's the compulsory doggie walk,Q moaning teenagers!!!
23/12/2012 at 13:53
Great video Yums!
23/12/2012 at 14:07

Mmm - that was very relaxing

Can't believe it's only 1400 and I haven't actually got anything to do................well not that actually needs doing right now - it should be a great feeling but I actually end up feeling at a loose end !!!

melds - you're right you did miss out a few years ago too didn't you........best get Santa to make sure you have someone reliable who will hand deliver if required to keep your meldiness at one

I love that song Yums but were XB and Noggs ever that young ?

Good luck with the teens Spence - well I remember being dragged out for the "family dog walk" at that age............

Best get some clothes on now - it's a bit early for PJs isn't it sadly......

*waits for the delightful Daffs to come along and say it's never too early*

M...eldy    pirate
23/12/2012 at 14:35

Podds, isn't Olympia on the telly??

I am just about to have my lunch  so I might catch a few mins if it is

23/12/2012 at 14:37

Ooh ,is it Christmas already, Spence ?

Podds, plenty to do here if you're bored - change the beds, take my bike out of the dining room and put it in the garage, wrap presents, walk dawg, vacuuming  - take your pick - all can be done in your jimjams

23/12/2012 at 15:44
Wear whatever you like Podds! I'm actually not one for hanging round in pjs but you carry on!
23/12/2012 at 16:23

I have ironing to do Podds if you fancy it, or you can try to worm HC, but i'd change from PJs to full body armour

Nearly home time Meldy, I'll put the coffee on ready, and have some left over macaroni cheese

What does MrSpence do spence?  Shame when they are working xmas day, but nice that you've had the "xmas" dinner early for him

I've been to town and it isnt too bad, bought all the Christmas dinner stuff and have made my stuffing already. I'm working tomorrow so wont have time to prep stuff early for the day. 

Had a terrible night, MrS has manflu, but its developed into a chest infection, so hes off to the quacks tomorrow.  Kept us awake all night though, and we're behind on the decorating now

Chuggy, we're lucky we live on top of a hill, if the flood water reaches me then the rest of Devon will be under water!!!!  it is terrible though, today is the first day we havent had rain for a week, but it was replaced with 70mph winds. Trains have been cancelled because of landslides and homes and businesses have been ruined.  we're forcast more rain tomorrow so its not looking good

23/12/2012 at 16:49

Snaily, he's an assistant estates manager at a big local hospital and does 4 days on, 4 days off, 4 nights...just the way it's fallen this year. Am a bit cross as big boss has told him he has to go in for a couple of hours Thursday...mmm this bloke isn't in over the Christmas period !!?

We've had a lovely walk, it's the only time daught really talks to me!! I find out all sorts!!

23/12/2012 at 17:21

Evening

Thanks for the kind offers Yums and Snaily - but all those things exist round here too (except the bike is in the lounge not the dining room!) but they don't actually need doing do they?????

And Yums - you walk your dog in your PJs

I have actually been reading the Chrissie Wellington autobiography which someone lent me along ago and also had Olympia on in the background....

A bit more pressie creation and wrapping for me this evening and then I refuse to do anymore....

Laters peeps

23/12/2012 at 18:11
Good plan Podds!

Shopping done, and I somehow managed to b buy a pink sparkly dress for me too been to one friend who had chestnuts and another with homemade truffles, feeling very festive now!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.