working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

213,601 to 213,620 of 234,948 messages
27/12/2012 at 22:03

Snaily, better than that, I can put you off by saying that a whole cheesecake costs about £45 apparently

M...eldy    pirate
27/12/2012 at 22:18

!hr and 45 mins til home time and I am going to have a lie in tomorrrow

27/12/2012 at 22:23
Snaily, I love Miranda but even more I love The Royle Family!

Restoration Man is back !
M...eldy    pirate
27/12/2012 at 22:40

Whoop!   I may have to catch up with that at some stage then Spence

Tomorro I think will be a swimming/gym/houseowrk day

Have been having an email conversation with my mother (it doesnt happen often) and as I am going to be in Eastbourne for NYE I thought I might overnight with her before hand, break the journey and all that malarkey ... transpires that granny is 'not that good' so am going to do a visit there as well, not quite sure what that all means as I dont really get any elaborations but at approaching 94 I doubt she'll be training for RIo in 2016!!  

I just need to sweet talk my neighbour to don her gauntlets and wellies and feed the pikey one and I shall go down there on Sunday night and then come back on NYD

M...eldy    pirate
27/12/2012 at 22:44

I cant bear Miranda   !

27/12/2012 at 22:51
I can remember you saying that before!

Mr Restoration Man is flippin' gawjuss!!

And the house this week was fab too
27/12/2012 at 22:52
Perhaps your nan and Gran Gran could train together!
28/12/2012 at 07:21
Koff Koffkoffkoff. Koff
I'm going back to bed

Spence loved the royle family too. Classic line " the best invention" Dave: the corned beef key. pmsl

Hope granny is comfortable Meldy
28/12/2012 at 08:10
Morning !

*tucks Snaily up with a Lemsip*

Snaily, I've watched it twice already, so many funny bits, Joe getting Philamea 's (sp) name wrong !!?
28/12/2012 at 09:18

morning

((((M...eldy granny)))) MAybe not training for Rio but there's always the commonwealth games in the meantime and see how she goes

I think Miranda is an acquired taste and didn't find Chrimbo special that amusing although the diet club scene was.

Piddling down again here but Mrs Dawg insisted she take me out

28/12/2012 at 09:33

Morning. 

((((((((((((Meld's gran)))))))))))

It will be good for her to see you, for sure. Older people can so easily get isolated, and just having contact with 'the real world' gives them a big lift. 

I'm out of most of this, Who IS Miranda??? 

C1 and Mr C are watching East Enders and Hollyoaks: C1 because she's addicted, Mr C out of solidarity. I love C1, but not enough to watch that stuff~!! 

Hats off to Westie, Pippi and Amandax for some super r*nning!!  Well done both. 

Welcome home, XB---hope you all had a great time, it sounded like it. xx

Larry, Christmas with young Stanley to keep everyone amused---perfect!!! 

Podds, I know you are in fact superwoman and can train despite a crocked back but I hope you felt good and not bad afterward. When are you going to the doc to find out what's wrong? 

Yums, IF you can get them to take over ('We're all at home, and it would be nice to do something special, but I'm really whacked after Christmas and you two are both really good with ideas. Can I leave it to you to plan something nice for us all?') they can surprise you sometimes. Alas, I never figured out why sometimes they would and sometimes they wouldn't.... 

Snaily appears to have traded her cold for a cough. 

(((((((((((Snaily)))))))))))))

WELCOME HOME SLUGGIE!!  Great to see you around the place again, tho like all the others I'm drumming my fingers impatiently waiting for the glamour photos  Have a good time with SB today, and then when you're home you can make the rest of us jealous with stories of the cruise. 

Sue, I think you've got time off again now, so hope you can relax and indulge a bit! After taking care of family, friends and patients, you deserve some time for yourself!

Nogs, have all your visitors departed? You and HL have been real social butterflies, but you know how much it's appreciated, especially by the grandkids. 

Nice time with Tante Kit. Dinner at a little place in the village was stunningly good and she is in good form. Today the 5 of us are going to see Skyfall; C1 leaves tomorrow night (sob!); C3's friend Daniel + gf arrive on Sunday; Monday night we have 20 friends of ours and C2's coming for new year's eve; Daniel + gf leave on 2 Jan. After that normal life should resume....!!!

28/12/2012 at 09:43

Morning,

(((Snaily))) I suggest you stay in bed until the New Year!

I was very sad to hear about Ruff and the alpaca  .

(((MeldyGran)))

I am another who has not acquired the taste for Miranda. I love to see her on other shows but her own show is too slapstick for my taste.

We are off to London for the weekend, so I will not be in again until Sunday evening/Monday morning. Alfie is still at the cattery as it wouldn't have been fair to bring him home for just one night - but I am really missing him and will be glad to get him home on Monday.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

28/12/2012 at 10:04

I have runned.

Only 3 miles.
It wasn't fun.

and it wasn't pretty.

28/12/2012 at 10:38
You stilldid it though Spence, well done! Very that Jojo is out there hiding under a bush waiting to ambush you any time now...

Read back then dozed off and now can't remember... Planned a relatively early start but water dripping through the roof woke me at 7.30 and that just felt a bit too early...now half ten feels a little to late!

I'm going to brave town to find some kind of industrial underwear that will make me look good in a cocktail dress
28/12/2012 at 11:13

Daffs, you are a gawjus WAISTerbabe, you don't need anything else to make you look good!

Well runned, Spence. 3 miles is a darned sight better than nothing.

28/12/2012 at 12:45

morning all

checking in from the office - Christmas must be over but looking forward to NYE!

welcome home Sluggy

Daffs - there's loads of that hold it all in kind of underwear about - not terribly attractive though is it?

Spence - I too have runned 3 miles last night - was glad to have at least made a start back to fitness feel like a right slob!

28/12/2012 at 12:53

*pops in slaps Far Far pops out*

28/12/2012 at 13:11

Afternoon

Another grey and drizzly day - did I hear somewhere that this year has been the wettest in England on record......? Certainly seems like it  not suprising so many mojos have gone on holiday.........I for one and absolutely sick and fed up of the sky being coloured grey............. :9

We are supposedly having a "get the house sorted" day today but Mr P has already been out once and is escaping again as we speak............. hurrumph.........

(((((((Meldy's gran)))))))) hope she's ok Melds And what are you doing partying in Eastbourne for NYE (pirates I'm guessing?) - you could have been flashing your undies in Deal with me and Yums on NYD instead!

Right - back to tidying and filing for me.............

Laters

28/12/2012 at 15:22

Afternoon all

I too forced myself out for, what could be called a 'run', if you were of the immobile persuasion. For the fit and fettled, it was more of a lurch, stagger, plod and pause to inhale.

((((((((((WIN)))))))))

I have been and done a bit of de-shopping. I also spent a considerable amount of time circling the car park looking for a space. The festive period is full of joy.

Happy day after day after Boxing day

28/12/2012 at 15:26
Plenty of underwear of that sort about, sadly either tiny or enormous so entirely useless! Cross and grumpy, marks and Spencer last stop before bus and appears they've closed their changing rooms 'to stop you getting annoyed in the sale'. Wish I'd had the time our patience to fling stuff on floor and walk out like someone else in here did, but had neither and worm out and fed up so did exactly what they wanted and bought 2. Grrr. Not impressed!

Can't help thinking spending the afternoon doing sit ups would have been just as effective and probably more fun!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.