working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

213,621 to 213,640 of 233,848 messages
28/12/2012 at 17:12

Ah, festive joy abounds

*checks her bush for Spence's mojo*

(((daffy))) you will look divine, my darling

And its all change in the chuggy household - dont know how you keep track of it. Do you have areservations system ? In which case, I'll book the WAISters in

Talking of bras, I went out and bought a couple today - one for no 2 and one for me as no1 flatly refused to wear one. Now number 2 is having cold feet - Teenagers, I ask you ! Mrs D also have a new fluffy wuffy fleecey weecy blanky cos she's managed to make holes in her other one

Take care in the big smoke, Sluggy

*sobs almost inconsoleably*

28/12/2012 at 17:32

Don't cry, Yummsy!!!! What's wrong? Mrs Dawg is now poshly dressed, no 2 is at least considering wearing a bra (whichever way he goes on that one, you will be able to congratulate yourself ) so nothing to weep over, surely? 

Excellently well chugged to anyone who staggered/lurched/strolled or otherwise locomoted. More than I've done!

We all went to Skyfall. Mr C and C2 adored it; C1 has seen it before; C3 thought it was OK; I snoozed through most of it. A good time was had by all. Then a late lunch in a coffee place on the beach (this is Holland, we all go to the beach even in winter!) and we have now watched Sister Act 2 and are about to launch into Sound of Music. Today is what passes around here for a cultural extravaganza! 

M...eldy    pirate
28/12/2012 at 17:35

Evening all

The GPO appears to be doing my washing up, he must like the taste of my tea ..

I swam and gymned and rowed and cross trained today, 3 hrs total which is more than enough for my liking 

Poor old Alfie abandoned again eh .. he needs to come and live with his Aunty Meldy

Podds will know, but our Pirate Meli who won the Outlaw this year has been taken off her bike by a car in Lanza, 8 ribs gone and a collar bone and is feeling very sorry for herself poor love ..

Right Pikey one sorted for a few days when I pop down south so thats ok, mother prewarned and yes Podds a good guess at a Pirate shindig, well a small gathering for NYE which will be nice with a bike ride first and a threatened dip on NYD but I think I will be washing my hair or something that morning

M...eldy    pirate
28/12/2012 at 17:35

CHUGGY!   How on earth can you snooze through Skyfall ... shame on you  

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
28/12/2012 at 17:50

evening

((Meldy's gran))) 

(((((Meli)))) - what a bummer, That'll all take a time to heal, then there's the confidence issue afterward to deal with!

I've finished work for a week (I hope, but lots off sick with stress and flu, so I may end up going in at the end of the week). In the meantime, I'm off to Stoke on Sunday to spend New Year with RAF family 

28/12/2012 at 18:10

I don't know Meli, but ouch and some ((((()))))

I managed 30 mins on the turbo and felt ok.

Thank heavens Christmas is over - a vastly overrated time in my experience.  We'll visit a couple of neighbours on NYE.  Then I'll have skiing to look forward to.  

I hope I can spend next Christmas on the slopes or, more likely, in NZ.  

Chuggs, sleeping through Skyfall but watching Sister Act?  That's just plain wrong on every count.

M...eldy    pirate
28/12/2012 at 18:18

Well yes, well spotted Noggs !!

28/12/2012 at 18:21

Evening

Yums - I'll email you a couple of photos which might persuade T1 that all the best blokes wear bras at this thing.........although on the other hand they might both end up refusing point blank to set foot in Deal!!!

Happy end of week Sue and should we miss you before your departure have a lovely Stokey NY

Melds - NYD swim out to sea bit and turn left and keep going - just before Deal pier get out and you'll find the bra run  After all you do have an early season IM this year so you might as well get your finger out and start as you mean to go on!

28/12/2012 at 18:32

And indeed ouchie to Melli, lovely piratess as well as bleedin' fast  - give her my best when next in contact Melds - any idea how long she'll be out?

28/12/2012 at 18:42

Here's a preview Yums.....

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8219/8318172371_c4d53b0719_m.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8071/8318172451_bbd18b4592_m.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8361/8318172529_0697a37eab_m.jpg

The bloke on the left finished 2nd and the one on the right 1st and the lady in the middle was the ladies' race winner......so it's not just the nut jobs at the back dressing up

28/12/2012 at 19:08

well, if that doesn't pursuade them...... They say they will keep mr P, Sharkey and Cushtie company at the finish. When I can drag them off the XBox i will show them the pics - men whowaer bras are apparently gay or drag queens.....

(((pirate Melli)) oucheee, ouchee, ouchee and every reason to feel sorry for herself

best fire up the WAISter vibe machine...~~~~~~~~~~~meli~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chuggy, Noggs is quite right - I can't believe you let the WAISterbabes down and fell asleep instead of admiring Daniel.

woop, woop, Sue has some time off and will be doing something nice - enjoy Stoke

Chuggs, I'm only sobbing because sluggy has come back and left again and the thought of poor orphan Alfie....The sun'll come out Tomorrow So ya gotta hang on 'Til tomorrow Come what may Tomorrow! Tomorrow! I love ya Tomorrow! You're always A day A way!

Oh sorry, it's orphan Alfie...ooops

28/12/2012 at 20:26
Poor old meli!

Nice bra yums!

Dashing in, dashing out... Flute lesson delayed cos teacher was looking for a hairless cat in someone's bed - why did that make me think of you lot??
28/12/2012 at 20:55

didnt know cats had hair?!

LOL @ orphan Alfie

I'm quite shocked at chuggy, Skyfall was fab and Daniel wasn't too bad either                         But if we're on movie confessions I've watched Mrs Miracle today and on NYD I'll be tuning into Sound of Music . Im most disappointed in the telly, when is Jason and the Argonauts going to be on???

The bra run looks like its going to be fun, though a bit chilly!

Enjoy stoke Sue, dont forget to try the local delicacy.......oatcakes

I've found the most AMAZING cake shop in town, the chap who runs it makes 90% of what he sells, he was in the back rolling pastry when I was in there.  Had a gaaaaaaaawjus banoffee pie.  Not good for the new year i know, but nice for a treat!

Having bought MrS a strawberry fresh cream turnover i'm now discussing the "Dog issue" with him.  A westie has come up locally for rehoming and he's just so cute.  Think we are going to have Ralph (StepD Dog) for a trial to make sure HC is ok with a pooch.  Its progress

28/12/2012 at 21:21
Yums wrote (see)

well, if that doesn't pursuade them...... They say they will keep mr P, Sharkey and Cushtie company at the finish. When I can drag them off the XBox i will show them the pics - men whowaer bras are apparently gay or drag queens.....

Well the one on the right is certainly not gay (partner is the lady winner) and to the best of my knowledge not a drag queen but he is national age group champion triathlete......so I guess that means he's man enough to wear a bra and get away with it!   D'ya reckon that might persuade them?

Doesn't matter if not - I can't see Mr P joining in the frivolities anyway as he is decidedly Mr Grumpy currently and I can't be bothered to argue any more - must be getting old...... *sighs*

Edited: 28/12/2012 at 22:09
XB
29/12/2012 at 07:15

Morning.

Bleurgh. Got to go to work today. It seems that I can take holiday as long as I make up the time. Not my idea of a holiday.

2 soggy sopping miles d&d.

Isn't it 29 December? How come the New Years Honours are announced today?

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
29/12/2012 at 07:55

morning

that's a bit Victorian of your boss XB! Do you want the WAISTer ghosts of Christmas past, present and future to pay him a visit? M.eldy would be the ideal scarehimtodeath ghost of Christmas yet to come 

I'm having a chillout day today - I'll be taking the decs down and packing them all away for another year.

I also want to make some sort of plan for the year - I find it difficult to fit in all the training I'd like to do around everything else. A schedule would help, but it's fitting in all the running/cycling/swimming/strength/flexibility around work/home/family.

Also, I would love to get sub 5 at Llanelli this year - it's not a do or die wish, but it would put the icing on the cake. Did I hear someone say that Stratford Tri may be a WAISTer attendace do this year?

29/12/2012 at 07:56

Morning each.

I'm out delivering logs to SIL today, plus customer is home for a few hours before flying off again so I have to make sure all is ok at hers.

Our honours are a total joke and I don't think we should acknowledge  these jumped up titles.

Coffee is cooking.

29/12/2012 at 08:05

Morning Sue,

I, too, need to have a plan of sorts. I've cut my work back, now I need to structure my riding a little better.

29/12/2012 at 08:15

morning all

kettles on

(((Meldynan))) (((((Pirate Meli))) ouch!

hey I love a bit of Sister Act!

arise Sir Bradley

weather is shocking here but I'm going to force meself out for a plod then we are off to Leicester with rugby club massive to watch proper blokes play should be fun - shame about the hideous weather though!

29/12/2012 at 08:22

A CBE for Cherie Blair!  Hmmmmm, it's worse than I thought.

The mighty Wiggo deserves his award, but maybe sportspeople should get them when they retire.

Good luck at the rugby Jenni, it's grim here too.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.