30/12/2012 at 08:14
Morning

Go Go XB

It's dry here too ! *shocked face!*

Dawgie to walk!
30/12/2012 at 08:52

GO GO GO, XB - all those sprouts should lead to and XB PB

GO Noggs

Oh, Daffy, How can a woman go to the WI and be so glamourous at the same time - I've come over all Wuthering Heights

Life of Pi for us this morning and then, maybe, just maybe this arvo I will have a teensy walk/toddle to see what my hip has to say for itself. I say no mostly at work too because people are always trying to make  the legal regulations 'work' for them i.e gain a commercial advantage

30/12/2012 at 09:01

phew, thank heavens we haven't missed your TV spot XB.

I've just had housekeeper from fave customers house on the phone.  Customer has come back from the States in a shi77y mood.  Everything is wrong at the house, the flight was aweful as noone would speak to her (in 10 years of working for her I've never yet had a conversation - I've been talked at)  Does anyone remember the Harry Enfield character ' I appear to be considerably richer than yow'  She's a female version of him.

She's flying to Scotland for NY today and has been at the house for less than 24 hours and moaning like a banshee about her decs being taken down..

Tee hee hee.  She's obviously had a bad time and is taking it out on everyone.

30/12/2012 at 09:03

Morning all,
still very busy DIYing so will be out again soon. Have a good trip South M..eldy and happy new year to you too.
Like most Waisters can't get over the image of Daffs and photo's would be nice but then that could be counted as perverted as well.
all have fun will pop in later if can as for reading back that may be next year

30/12/2012 at 09:40
Morning

Enjoy your run xb. Hope there is a down wind!

Enjoy your cycle noggs

It's dry here too, but there are grey clouds looming.

What a fab image of Daffs and mr Daffs. Did u take full advantage of the executive suite? (That sounded wrong!)

I'd be the annoying person who would try to make mr & mrs negative to look on the positive side!

My cough is nearly gone in just left with popping ears, it's like a fireworks display in my head! Plans today, more painting
30/12/2012 at 09:53

Quick, Noggs, get out on that bike!  Your customer can't enjoy life much as nothing ever seems to please her and she doesn't sound as though she makes friends.

Westie and Snaily, haven't you two hooked up yet to get down and dirty with some DIY.

30/12/2012 at 11:17

Morning All

Daffs - it sounds like you and Mr Daffs did indeed represent the WAISTers well by being a gloriously gorgeous couple

Go go go XB - and anyone with the misfortune to be running behind him......

Today I have cycled with the running club - so much nicer to be on a bike taking it easy while they all huff and puff like I usually do Still 16 gentle sunshiny miles done followed by veggie brekkie at jetski cafe watching the jetskiers at play - not a bad way to start sunday Off to luxuriate in the bath now

30/12/2012 at 12:08

Yums, the customer has little joy in her life, no family, no friends to speak of, just us paid for, hired help types

2 hours of steady zone 2 (mostly), it felt very slow but it;s what the schedule says.  Not having done much after The Beast, then an exploding knee, bashed ribs, toothache and Christmas has all taken their toll.

Never mind, I'm back at it now.

Shower time.

XB
30/12/2012 at 12:29

Home again.

Apart from having to stop to tighten my laces, that went as well as I could have hoped. The aim was for 53 minutes; the result was 50:19..

What a refreshing change to be able to leave home at 10:10 for a 10:30 start and jog to the start.

We got a good dose of weather and were joined on the course by our local silver medallist (Samantha Murray - Modern pentathlete). 

30/12/2012 at 15:38

Did you have the wind behind you?

We've just been for a walk along the front into the wind - hard work but a great rainbow over the Irish sea and a flock of lapwings hovering in the wind beneath it, looking like glitter in a snow globe with the sunlight flashing on their white bits!

30/12/2012 at 16:05

That sounds like a fab run XB, well done you!

and well cycled Noggs!

Back home now, utterly exhausted. Not sure anyone got a photo of us all dressed in our finery sadly! If one emerges I'll let you know...

Nap now I think...

XB, Pippi, you up for the Port Sunlight 10k in May??

30/12/2012 at 16:40

Good running, cycling and walking peeps

We have the company of the geese again which overwinter here - I love the sound of their calling as they paddle

30/12/2012 at 16:55

May???? that's ... next year!! You think I plan ahead or something?

30/12/2012 at 17:00

Actually, I could be, but I can't find any info about it yet!

30/12/2012 at 17:12

My sister did it last year and said it was ace (and it'll hopefully shut her up wittering about me doing another marathon if I do this with her...) - that's all I know!

30/12/2012 at 17:43

I'll put it down as a vague intention then!

I'm off tomorrow for a NY break in Shropshire/Herefordshire border .

See you next year!

30/12/2012 at 18:10

Have a great time Pipps and, I believe Spence is vacating the West Mids for the duration.  

We popped into The Lion for a drink - not been in for a month - we raised £12,000 in total for Movember.  An astonishing effort for a little pub..  Last year we did £15,000 for MacMillan Nurses.

Ooooooooooh, just checked my business account and I have some money left - and more on its way.

Sadly, The Revenue will want it before I get to squander it on the Waister Babes, or even HL.

I have a couple of must do's on the bike next year.  The Chiltern 100 and The Beast again.  I'm OK with the Chiltern and will do it as a hard  challenge.  The Beast and I have a few issues yet unresloved.  I may do the Blenheim and The Zappi mainly to support local events.

BIL and I are taking bikes to Montenegro in September so i hope to get some long, hard mountain  rides in there.

30/12/2012 at 18:22

wooo hoooooo well done XB

Anyone got any elasticated slacks I could have !?  

We are introducing the children to The Office!

30/12/2012 at 19:20

Noggs, I can relieve you of your cash in my official capacity

*removes stuffers/swallowers poo sifting gloves and holds out her hand*

*waits for Noggs to cross her palm with silver*

I can pimp up the WAISterbus now - seems there's been a request for some sort of executive suite with a queen size bed and ball gowns

Anything called Port Sunlight has to be cheery, surely

What a fabulous brussel sprout powered run, XB - guess you blew the opposition away when you bent over to tighten your shoelace

Noggs, a glutton for punishment taking on those rides again - bravo - a hero

Podds, didn't they notice you were sailing serenely along on your bike whilst they huffed and puffed ? 

Pippi, your description of your walk is almost poetic - hardly grim oop norf judging by that

30/12/2012 at 19:52

Evening,

Home safe and sound after a nice couple of days in the Big Smoke. Have unpacked, done the washing and got into bed . It was lovely to spend some time with 'the kids' and today we went over to Hampton Court to look at the gf's mum's new flat. Sadly, she is only renting there so it will not be a long-term arrangement, but she has a lovely flat in a development very near to the palace.

I missed news of XB's TV appearance, am I right in assuming that he was in the audience for Mastermind?

Daffs, it sounds as if you had a lovely time dressing up in your finery .

I am on the fence regarding Skyfall. It was OK as an action film, and DC is easy on the eye (if you go for blond blokes) but it didn't really say 'James Bond' to us.

Glad to hear that Mrs Dawg seems to be better now.

And it is nice to see Larry popping in again. I am not good at finding the nugget of gold in amongst the dross of the day, I am a real Eyeore at times . I always play Devil's advocate too and find the downside to any plan. I argue that I am helping develop a realistic plan, but MS thinks that I am just a wet blanket.

I do have some good news about my referral to Bristol hospital. It seems that funding has been agreed as I have received an appointment - for Octoberb 2013! I would be very surprised if that doesn't get canelled and reooked at least once in the interim.

Night night xxx

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.