working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

213,701 to 213,720 of 234,922 messages
30/12/2012 at 21:48

Cripes Sluggy - that's taking the piss isn't it - another 10 months?  No chance of taking someone else's cancellation earlier is there?

Yums - you have mail

30/12/2012 at 22:14
Hi all...
Well I've finally decided on an event I'd like to do which is the addidas thunder 24hr run......
Might involve quite a bit of training though hehe
30/12/2012 at 22:22
Blimey Sluggie that's mad

My mate 'H' did Thunder run this year Claire.
30/12/2012 at 22:31
Did he enjoy it Spence?

I do realise 'enjoying it' at the time might be quite difficult!
31/12/2012 at 08:29

Morning All

Dogs walked, shops and the tip awaits - mind you got me out of swimbling with my pal

Laters

*leaves fresh OJ, coffee and croissant out for late rising WAISTers*

31/12/2012 at 08:33

I thought XB did the Thunder Run yesterday after his sproutfest!

Morning each,

It appears to be raining again this morning.  The roads and river valleys on my ride yesterday were pretty full up so I expect flodding in the area again.

HL is off to the gym and I'm going to do a turbo ride this morning - just 30 to 45 minutes in zone 2.  I'll do a weights/stretch/ski session later.

Some admin work at home then round a couple of neighbours later in the evening.

Oh, and the exciting bit - start getting ski kit together

31/12/2012 at 08:34

Morning all. I've been lurking but with C1 departing and C2's friends from Germany arriving it's been a bit mad here. 

Well runned that XB!!! I am always awed by people who can judge their time so closely---especially when they come in 'under budget'!! Guess it proves that sprouts really are good for you 

Podds, speaking as a professional 'black crow' let me assure you that ALL the best people are negative and critical  If it weren't for us, think of how many MORE crack-brained schemes would have been launched on an unsuspecting world!

Sluggie, don't know whether to laugh or cry. Very good news that you've got the funding for the op, but TEN MONTHS?????? I would hope that there is a realistic prospect of a cancellation coming up much sooner, so you can get treatment much quicker than that! (What IS happening to the NHS??? A ten month wait for serious pain treatment is frightening.)

Clare, that sounds like an ambition and a half, but go for it! Should you ever require, um, encouragement, Meldy will always be at your service with her whip  Seriously, good on you!

And Nogs, sounds like another extremely satisfying year in prospect for you!! We shall all cheer loudly at every ascent 

C1 left Saturday---she's one strong girl, but she broke down and cried when she left  She was fine as soon as she got going, of course, and heard from her about 2 am that she had just made it to Darwin, so all is well there but it was a fab family time. Now 2 German friends of C2 are staying, so fun and games as we raced to wash bedding.... About to go out with Mr C to pick up some stuff for tonight, when we have 20 people coming for 'old and new'. Back later. Happy days all! 

31/12/2012 at 08:41

Morning

'She' did Claire I think!!

We are talking about the same thing 24hours, teams etc ?

I'm off to the parents of H, they are taking me down the golf club where there are logs to be had

31/12/2012 at 08:58
You sounds jolly chuggs!

Ten months sluggy? Crikey! Hope you get in sooner x

That run sounds mad Claire - nice target though, go for it!

Anybody doing janathon this year? Dragon? XB?

Thought I might spend today doing a tiny bit towards all the things on my lusty for next year a bit of something for the garden, bit of flute playing, bit of at run, that type of thing.

Mind you, it's Pissing down, wonder how many of them I can do inside??

I'm afraid I'm an eternal optimist On the whole I refuse to believe there's a crisis unless there IS actually a crisis, so water coming through the roof, while a pain in the arse is not the end of the world (to me). That's not to say I'm not realistic - I usually know exactly what could go wrong, just often choose to plan for it but still trust that the cheerier thing will happen instead takes all sorts though
31/12/2012 at 09:13

On your lusty, Daffs ?  

Sluggy, I had to read the date of your appointment twice - that's ridiculous any ideas why it is such a long wait ?

24hrs running, clare. I dont do disturbed sleep so sadly I wont be joining your team

Awww, bless C1. Good to hear she is home safely and settling again.Shame she missed old and new though as its sounds a lovely evening

Wet here too, Noggs and Daffs - need to check my car over as i'm crossing the water tomorrow and heading Plannit Fannitwards. Olds today. It will be a long day.... Today is my niece's 19th birthday. Olds have not been invited to visit sis over christmas or to mark niece's birthday -a departure after 18 years - so, I suggested we get together instead. will be a distraction for the olds and I can finaly get my dad's stinking cheese out of my fridge!

31/12/2012 at 09:15

morning all .... newbie here ... enjoying reading all the chats

31/12/2012 at 09:54

Morning Toots, welcome.  We'll need to know a bit about you.

A word to the wise.  Don't answer questions about swimming and cycling (unless it's me that asks)

Daffs, any chance of posting some piccs of your 'lusty'?  (or have I misunderstood yet again?)

That's 30 mins of turbo done.  I had to work quite hard to stay at the edge of zone 2 - that's encouraging.

31/12/2012 at 09:58

LOL ... dont ask me about cycling!!! .... ummmmm been running about 5yrs after i lost 4.5stone in weight ..... stopped for 2 years as advised not to due to foot injury but bored of power walking so have started again ... run for charity mainly and health .... not a fast runner but enjoy .... do swim and have a place in the london great swim 2013 ... am very short at 4ft 9 but am sure was taller before i started excercise lol

31/12/2012 at 10:22

oooh, Rootie Toots, dangerous words - that Meldy woman will have you signed up to a triathlon before you know where you're at! Excellent weight loss by the way, and welcome! Good to see you

Bloody autocorrect, stupid phone! LIST, not lusty (actually, I saw it said lusty and changed it back  - clearly it changed it AGAIN!) Bloody thing.

31/12/2012 at 10:32

31/12/2012 at 10:58

I thought XB did the Thunder Run yesterday after his sproutfest!

Morning each,

It appears to be raining again this morning.  The roads and river valleys on my ride yesterday were pretty full up so I expect flodding in the area again.

HL is off to the gym and I'm going to do a turbo ride this morning - just 30 to 45 minutes in zone 2.  I'll do a weights/stretch/ski session later.

Some admin work at home then round a couple of neighbours later in the evening.

Oh, and the exciting bit - start getting ski kit together

31/12/2012 at 10:59

Bu88er, I had two windows opened and refreshed the oldest.

That'll learn me.

HL is back from the gym so i'd better look busy.

31/12/2012 at 11:01
Hiya toots our new tri'virgin. Don't worry we'll soon have you signed up to Stratford with a training plan for you

Yums let's hope in 2013 you sis sees the error of her ways. Enjoy the olds today

MrS has been the quacks. He can't shake this virus but there is nothing they can give him to help. He suffers more because he hasn't got the pipe to his stomach so his reflux kicks in when he coughs. 4hrs he was up last night dry heaving its awful. So doc advised up double his dose of anti reflux tablets. Hope it works because he exhausted.

Right Daffs gave me the idea. I'm going to janathon. 30mins of exercise every day. Don't know how to blog though :/
31/12/2012 at 11:31

lol ... need all the help!!

31/12/2012 at 11:38

Ooh snaily, what fun!

Do you WANT to blog? Can point you in the right direction if you do - both www.blogger.com and www.wordpress.com are VERY easy to set up an account with - if you don't want it to do anything fancy, just pick a name, a template, and start writing! If you don't want to blog, if you look on the janathon website, I think there's a link to a facebook page or something where they're all posting their totals (or just come in here and tell us!) Poor old Mr Snaily though, hope he's feeling better soon

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.