working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

213,721 to 213,740 of 233,042 messages
31/12/2012 at 12:06

Gym gymned (with minimal main )

Shop shopped

Tip tipped

Now for another luxuriating bath - I want a lusty instead of a list - it sounds soooooooooooo much more fun

Welcome Rootie Toots - tell us about yourself?

Quite quiet in here currently as many away for NY but it'll perk up again I'm sure in a few days time

31/12/2012 at 12:10

Mr Spence has a listy, he also has a lusty but I try to ignore that!!

Welcome Toots

I have logs of the free, wet variety

It's pissing outta the heavens here  no change then

((((Mr Snaily)))) hope he feels better soon, can't be good to be missing a tube!!

I'm going to treat myself to a little sit on the sofa and a read of my book

31/12/2012 at 12:23

Hi can i point any beginners to a recent blog on 5km for beginners and also some others on cycling for beginners, feel free to comment.

http://info717.wordpress.com/2012/12/19/5km-running-guide-for-beginners/

Happy New Year to you all! 

31/12/2012 at 12:50

Hello and welcome, Rootie toots (great name, BTW!). Do pul up  chair and tell us aaaaall about yoursel.

cr, if you are planning to hang around and contribute to the thread then you are also welcome. If you just want to publicise your website then  .

(((Mr Snail)))

(((Yumms and parents))) I'm sure your parents would rather spend the time with you than sit at home and be miserable.

Poor C1, I am glad she got back safely, without the nightmare journey that she had getting home! NYE chez Chuggy sounds great fun .

It is persisting down here too. I drove MS to collect the taxi this morning and shopped on the way home. Best friends  will come round aprx 9pm and we will see the new year in together. The late start will give everyone time for a disco nap first!

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

31/12/2012 at 12:54

A comparatively quiet moment so looking in to see what's going on. 

Welcome, Toots! And welcome back to running. It does feel different than walking, even power walking, so good on you. What was wrong with your foot? And is it OK now?? Like everyone else said, we're a friendly bunch, so pull up a chair and talk to us! 

(((((((((((Snaily and Mr Snail))))))))))))

That sounds awful: really unpleasant and exhausting. Hope the double dose works so you can both get some rest! Good on you for the resolution, too----let us know if you set up a blog a la Daffs!

((((((((((((((((Yums))))))))))

What a shame for all involved. It's especially too bad for your neice and your parents. Hard on you too: really painful to see someone being unkind to the olds and not able to do anything about it. (Been there, done that....) But your love and attention will make all the difference to them, so have a lovely day together! BTW, how's Cush now? 

Daffs, you're totally right about crises: I think most people actually LIKE them, since they are so quick to interpret any disruption at all as a crisis. Mr C is especially good at pricking such balloons, so you have support here! 

Podds, glad you had "minimal main"  at the gym---does this mean the pesky back is finally settling down? And are all your boys back to fighting fit now?

Preparations for tonight going well: bread, tick; cheese, tick; wine and soft drinks, tick; assorted sweets and biscuits, tick. That should keep them busy for a few hours, don't you think? (I couldn't do a 'proper' meal for 20 to save my life!!!) 

Not much running going on here til after tomorrow. Managed a 5 mile brisk walk yesterday, so better than nothing...but not as good as chugging!  There's a new year's resolution in there somewhere! 

Oh, and C1 says happy new year from Darwin, where it's 2013 now 

31/12/2012 at 12:55

Hiyam Slugs, just saw you there. Great to have you around again 

Your NYE sounds most agreeable: never heard of a 'disco nap' but it sounds like my kinda thing 

31/12/2012 at 12:57

Hi Slugsta, Have been on here before just getting caught up after injury and working away from home.

I am hoping to contribute more as I need some guidance on running a marathon 2013, mostly a runner but cycling at minute to build up again after knee injury. However if you are looking for bargains for runners then feel free

31/12/2012 at 13:10

happy NYE my lovelies!

welcome to new chaps

just doing a bit of work cos its going to be really  hectic when I'm back in work this week. like the idea of Janathon but the first few days of the year could scupper it for me - we'll see. Dont think I'll be making specific reslutions either cos I have a feeling could be a tough year for oldies, but I may enter some races early on for motivation - Stratford marafun anyone?

31/12/2012 at 16:17

Afternoon all

Just poppong in to wish the WAISTer posse a very happy and hangover free New Year.

(((((((((((((((~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~))))))))))) to get you started. May your families appreciate you, may your illnesses and aches be things of the past, may your irrtations be minor and may your accomplishments and friendships be life affirming and fulfilling.

Hello and welcome Toots and bikerun - let the recruitment begin - oh I see Farty Pants has already opened with the Stratford salvo.

Apparently we bought ourselves an i pad for Christmas. That'll be why I'm on the laptop with the screen that's on the fritz. I'm assuming the cat sitting on it regularly doesn't help.

Sound of music tastic - I'm just eying up our old curtains and dreaming of Julie Andrews teaching me a thing or two

Onwards and upwards

31/12/2012 at 16:52

Have a wonderful NYE Chuggy, sounds like you have a house full.

Slugsta its rained here all day too, really naffing me off now, it was also supported by gale force winds to add to the joy.

ooooo get DL with a new IPad.  It'llbe great for your train journeys!

We bought ourselves a window vacuum for xmas, I know how exciting are we!!!  Well actually we bought ourself a new fireplace too, with are both very practical

Daffs, I've blogged, not sure if I've done it right but its here http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=4022436404450027071#allposts

itll probably be quite boring but will keep me on track.....I hope.

So I'm in for Janathon, wont be running everyday (because it'll kill me) but I will be exercising 30mins a day.  I've even unwrapped the exercise DVD I bought last year.  So here goes!!!!!!

Anyway hope WAISTers have a fun filled evening, with friends, family, pets, tv, and lets hope 2013 is a little less wet! 

31/12/2012 at 16:55

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Saying it now in case I don't get in here later on.

I like the idea of a 'lusty'. No idea what it is, but I am sure Mr. L. has one

I think I need to read back a few pages.

31/12/2012 at 17:19

Just my stupid autocorrect Larry - I was trying to write 'list'!

Snaily - think you've got your blog set to 'private' so only you can read it! There will be a settings button somewhere where you can change privacy to public or something (if you want to of course) - would love to read what you're up to

Happy new year indeed I've been washing cupboard doors, sorting out papers, putting away Christmas presents, and generally buttling about. Just shoed Mr Daffs out the door to his gig,  and now got a few buns in the oven and a nice big bowl of pasta and a bottle of advocaat, and in for a nice night on the sofa with meself Party animal, me, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise

31/12/2012 at 17:45

Wishing all the lovely WAISTers a happy, healthy New Year

We are off out to friends for a meal, another family joining, kids all the same ages These two ladies have kept me sane for the last 14 years  I shall be driving 

Have a good one all whatever you are doing

XB
31/12/2012 at 18:15

15 mins to Mastermind.

Signed photos will be available to all WAISTers.

Only £10 each.

31/12/2012 at 18:21

Happy New Year to all WAISter pals may all your hopes and dreams come true. Out to Daughters tonight with Tony and Scott so another family get together.

ps floor 90% completed

pps just back from a 4.1 mile run with Scott as he was playing sheep dog he logged over 8 miles

31/12/2012 at 18:27

NYE all WAISTers as I may not stay awake until midnight

Am just about to pop down and see XB's 15 mins of fame too

Snaily - tried to follow your link but even though I'm at home it's blocked because it's google and the only google account I have is work and work blocks blogs!!!!!!!! Talk about taking the micky!

I have decorated 3 bras and realised I don't have one so will have to upgrade the one which luckily I kept after the last bra run - the boys have had all my spare baubles.........

Right - off to see XB - bck later

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
31/12/2012 at 18:28
Happy New Year everyone xxxx
31/12/2012 at 18:47

Happy new year and new year running everyone!

31/12/2012 at 20:11
Happy new year everyone!!!

Welcome rooty toots and cr

DL- me and my partner brought an iPad for Christmas. Can't say I've seen much of it as he seems permanently attached to it!!

Spence - yeh it's the 24 hr running event. Think I've gone slightly mad for even considering it.

I did read back but all I can remember is New Years talk so I hope that you all have a lovely evening!!
31/12/2012 at 20:16
Just has some amazing news, rang mum thinking she was in the residential home for NYE. Oh no she is at my nans tonight and she is going out for a meal with her partner, nan and sis. I can't believe it, I'm so pleased I could cry (yea I've had a drink). 6 weeks ago mum was lying in a hospital bed depressed and couldn't even look at her amputated leg, and now she's getting her clad rags on and hitting a restaurant.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.