working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

213,761 to 213,780 of 234,158 messages
01/01/2013 at 10:31

Oh yes.

One lot of  squats, sits, dorsals and press ups done.  Plus some ski specific flexes for ankles, knees and hips. then balances on the BOSU.

Plus dumbbell weights - with extra reps.

I like 2013 already

Shower time, then party frock on for The Lion.

HL has had two cups of strong Java, 1 large orange juice and a bottle of sparkly water.

I've cancelled the undertaker.

01/01/2013 at 10:47

Morning

I've runned

Only 4 miles, and it was slow even by my standards

Leg still giving me a bit of jip

01/01/2013 at 11:12

Goodness Spence, running first thing on new years day?! I'm impressed! You too Noggs, with your lunging and squatting  - I'm imagining you for some reason dressed like one of those Edwardian gentlemen you see in old books about callanetics (or whatever it is)

01/01/2013 at 11:38

That's me to a tee Daffs.

I was, however, rather overdressed last night. Dress trousers, white tux, wing collar dress shirt, bright, floral bow tie and a green silk waistcoat.

All the other men were in jeans and T shirts

HL was dressed very nicley, but then, she always is. Most of the ladies had made an effort too.

01/01/2013 at 14:38
How dashing Noggs

I'm on the sofa, fire roaring, cup of tea and a good book....how long till I'm asleep!?
01/01/2013 at 14:52

Dragon - Did you like the Oatcakes ?

Mrs Noggs will be fine once she's had a wine with her lunch - lucky lady.

Janathon day 1 done = 50min brisk walk along the sea front.  It was a beautiful afternoon, though was a bit like "dodge the dog, adult, kid on a new bike / scooter".

Tomato soup for lunch, its the first time I've ever had tom soup, I love it.  Painting is also do, now ready to lay the floor at the weekend

Spoke to Mum to see how she went on her first night out, she had a great time, no disasters either, so all in all a successful night, and she was a bit tipsy   She's gone back to the home now just in time for her NYD lunch with the other residents and staff. 

I've blogged again, not sure if I'll keep it up, I'm pretty boring

I'm now joining spence on the sofa with a book

01/01/2013 at 15:07
Happy New Year :0) and Happy 27 th birthday to Fling :0)

Great news about your mum Snaily :0)

A 10 month wait isn't on Sluggy! The NHS is disheartening at times, my eyes are driving me nuts, no sign of my 6 month appointment yet.

I have given up with mother and step mother. I sent flowers to step mother in lieu of the ones my mother got that were meant for step mother ( and mother kindly said " weren't up to much). Mutual neighbour informed my mother that step mother's flowers " were all practically dead." Mother kindly left me this gem on my answer phone. Im ashamed to admit that i ended up in tears. Got a message from flower company yesterday to say they'd delivered another bouquet to step mother to sort out the mix up. It's my mother's birthday tomorrow, I've sent her a selection of Clarins creams which no doubt she's already looked at and given away. I'm taking the phone of the hook for the next 24 hours!

I'm planning to do the Penguin (John Bingham) 100 days challenge - 30 mins of some form of exercise every day. Mine will mostly be walking and swimming :0) unless I get harpooned attempting the latter!

(((( waisters ))))
01/01/2013 at 15:38

Hiyam Slugs, just saw you there. Great to have you around again 

Your NYE sounds most agreeable: never heard of a 'disco nap' but it sounds like my kinda thing 

01/01/2013 at 16:00

Oh yes.

One lot of  squats, sits, dorsals and press ups done.  Plus some ski specific flexes for ankles, knees and hips. then balances on the BOSU.

Plus dumbbell weights - with extra reps.

I like 2013 already

Shower time, then party frock on for The Lion.

HL has had two cups of strong Java, 1 large orange juice and a bottle of sparkly water.

I've cancelled the undertaker.

01/01/2013 at 16:01

A disco nap is what you have in the afternoon to enable you to be bright and refreshed and ready for the disco Chuggs! I'd highly recommend them

(((tubs))))) Definitely recommend taking the phone off the hook, what a fiasco! (I might also be informing a few people they wouldn't be getting any more presents... )

What is it with people this year - on another forum we did a secret santa and one person fussed SO much about whether she'd buy the right present, whether the recipient would like it, blah blah - and then when she received HER gift, said 'Hmm, it's alright I suppose, but I'm not sure I like it very much' (!) No wonder she was worried about buying if she thought we were all going to react like that! She's been informed that Santa is very busy, doesn't always buy us exactly what we might have bought for ourselves, and it's polite to say 'thank you' nicely even if your gift later ends up in the charity shop - tis a bit of fun after all and to make us all think of each other on Christmas day. Not seen her since...

Anyway, well walkd snaily We walked too (although over fields, not the seafront sadly!). Got some dough on now for bagels - I WILL master bread making this year, damn it!

01/01/2013 at 16:04

Why does it do that?

One Lion lunch survived, now some enjoyable chores, later, perhaps a little tincture.

01/01/2013 at 16:08
Blimey Daffs how very rude! Sounds like my sister!

Ahh Tubbs, I feel for you re the flower mix up I really do
I'd love some Clairns what a treat!!

I keep nodding off!
01/01/2013 at 16:24

Wow Tubs thats a hard core challenge, 100 days, good luck.  31 seems difficult for me!

Oh dear on the flowers mix up, hopefully it'll all blow over.

Daffs that SS is not on  Very ungrateful.  I think the best bit of SS is the surprise of the gift.

I too am snoozing, finished my book and I'm all out of books now  

01/01/2013 at 16:24

No idea, Nogs, but it's nothing personal cos it does it to me too!  And as to last night's dress code, you can be sure that the other blokes got an earful from their ladies, when they saw how spiffy you looked compared to the other slobs. HL will have garnered many brownie points from being with the smoothest fella there! 

Daffs, seeing the new year in with candlelight and a glass of something nice sounds perfect! But what a shame someone was such a pain with a Secret Santa----as you said, it's just a bit of fun and a nice thought, why make everyone uncomfortable with it? Weird. Oh, and good luck with the bagels. I believe they're tricky to make; too doughy for my taste, so never tried, but we wait with basted breasts for your account of the process! 

Tubs, scuse me for saying so, but it sounds like your mum and step-mum ought to join Yummy's sister in outer darkness. They should both have been bliddy chuffed that you thought of them and sent flowers; such ungracious people don't deserve you!!!!! But good for you with the Penguin Challenge---gives you a good reason to take some time to do something enjoyable for yourself every day. 

Snaily, well walked! And welcome to the wonderful world of tomato soup  You don't know what you've been missing! As for your mum, a big hooray for her! Glad she had a great evening, hope it's the first of many this year!

Spence, 4 miles is an admirable start to the year! I hope the fire and the book allowed you to zzzz off comfortably 

Sue, oatcakes and cheese are the BEST. We can get proper Nairns ones here, and I think I could live on them. Great start to the year!

Didn't get to bed til 4.30 , so a lazy day, starting as always with the new year's concert from Vienna. Then took some food round to a friend who couldn't come last night; his wife is in the US caring for her dying mother (who, ironically, has rallied thanks to Tommie's good care---she's been there for 3 months, and can't stay forever, but she can't leave either, it's a tough situation) and their dog has just developed diabetes and the vet was afraid all the fireworks last night would scare him and cause a blood sugar spike so Jeremy had to stay with him. Some people really do have all the bad luck. Now C2 and friends have gone out together and the rest of us are doing sweet FA for the rest of the day! Resolutions etc may arrive tomorrow, after a bit more sleep 

01/01/2013 at 16:28

Afternoon All

I ran at 7am this morning

Tubsterr wrote (see)
 Happy 27 th birthday to Fling :0) 

and Happy 7th Birthday to the NV today too

Just said goodbye to the lovely Yums, her boys and the gorgeous Cushtie all of whom behaved impeccably - even Yums   We had an interesting bra run which turned out to be rather too much "run" all things considered and Yums did sterling work being my running legs!

Mind you I need to get my act together as I've been asked if I'd be interested in being a guide runner mid Feb for a half marathon lady...............and today I did 2 incredibly slow miles and thought I was going to end up in hozzie.............

I too am going to Janathon but it won't include dog walks (that's too easy!) but will include full stretch sessions (by which I mean top to bottom and everything inbetween including WU and CD - not a couple of quick ones)

Noggs - you paint indeed a dashing picture - Mr Daffs needs to look to his laurels or Daffs may be swept off her feet by this dashing WAISTer gent

01/01/2013 at 16:48

Chuggy chuggy chuggy (tsk, shakes head) you speak of different oatcakes.  The Dragon Lady has been tasting Staffordshire's finest oatcakes, which are totally different than the biscuit type.

Lookie here:  http://www.highlaneoatcakes.co.uk/mall/infopageviewer.cfm/HighLaneOatcakesOnline/AboutUs

(why doest my linky sybol work???)

Well runned Podds

OK I am officially bored

01/01/2013 at 16:53

The birthday boy......

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8223/8333204801_58062087e2_m.jpg

.......and with is friends.........

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8500/8334262862_114bbbe17c_m.jpg

01/01/2013 at 16:54

A very flash lifeboat which was posing off shore

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8212/8334264096_5cd2e304f3_m.jpg

01/01/2013 at 16:55

And a couple of likely lads.......the first is a club mate the second a chap I frequently run round with at the back - always said the back of the pack was more interesting than the sharp end

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8221/8334263804_16053668ae_m.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8501/8334262038_0f6b6a34ab_m.jpg

01/01/2013 at 17:10

Happy new year again-  think I posted about 3am!

Nice day.Did 3.5 miles in sun and blue sky this morning.Only 496.5 to go to meet my target.Took tree  down and had bit of a tidy, other decs still up.Both boys went to London with my mum and dad to see my brother so OH and I took advantage

Bacon and egg baps for tea and an evening of computer and TV. Needed it as work is ridiculously busy and stressy.Back there tomorrow.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.