working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

213,781 to 213,800 of 234,260 messages
01/01/2013 at 17:10

your club looks very interesting podds!

01/01/2013 at 17:13

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/330181/gallery/398590_10151196903214327_1730398030_n.jpg?width=350

One of my favourite christmas presents!

01/01/2013 at 17:17
The New Snaily (again) wrote (see)

your club looks very interesting podds!

01/01/2013 at 18:23
I love that Amandax, my dad made me a rack but it ain't as posh as that!

I'm re thinking about maybe doing Ashby...it's 10 weeks away, not sure it's enough time to go from zero to 20. :-/
M...eldy    pirate
01/01/2013 at 18:40

Evening gang !!!

Happy New Year to you all 

Had a lovely weekend, visited Mum and Granny, hotfooted over to Eastbourne for a quick pub lunch, decided against biking yesterday as the weather was disgusting, had a lovely NYE drinking champagne and eating cheese !!   Decided it was far too nice not to do anything today so we did a couple of hours biking over the South Downs by Beachy Head (for those that can imagine !!!)
Long drive home, very very busy traffic

I trust everyone is in find fettle??  Not had time to read back as yet

The GPO is going ballisitic .... not quite sure what you lot have been feeding him while I have been away !!

Oh yes, I have some GAWJUSS shoes 

M...eldy    pirate
01/01/2013 at 19:15

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/88814/gallery/shoes!.jpg?width=350

01/01/2013 at 19:43

No messing with you in those!

Ace pics Podds Glad you had a lovely time with Yums - knew you would of course!

That rack is brill Amanda

I'm making bagels and lentil soup with caramelised onions

01/01/2013 at 20:05

Melds,do those come with Shimano SPD sl cleats?

M...eldy    pirate
01/01/2013 at 20:08

They are taxi shoes .... there is very little chance of walking anywhere in them 

01/01/2013 at 20:28

Happy New Year

I see Amandax has a nice rack   - and your medal display is quite impressive too

Woooo hoooo to the WAISTer bracers - that's racers in bras of course

Yay to Snailymum - not sure about dodging dogs on scooters though

I see 2013 seems likely to be little different from last year then

01/01/2013 at 20:45
Blimey Melds they're bedroom shoes and no mistake !!!
01/01/2013 at 20:46

Evening and a Happy New Year to my lovely WASTermates.

Snaily, it sounds as if your Mum is doing really well

We had a lovely evening with our friends but I'm afraid I did over-indulge and caught wineflu too! I slept for most of the morning, then went to an Open House held by one of MS's sisters. I am now in bed with Alfie who is demanding lots of cuddles. MS is snoring next to me  so it won't be long til Lights Out.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

01/01/2013 at 21:44

jeez meldy you could really do some damage to your ankles in those!

Spence your not going from zero, you have some baseline fittness so get out there and train!

I've got a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge blister from my walk today.  Have my exercises planned for the remainder of the week, watch this space, this might lead to me running again! 

I'm off up the wooden hills to snooze land.  Am not looking forward to 06.30

01/01/2013 at 22:07
Don't make a noise in the morning Snaily there's a love !
01/01/2013 at 22:45

Bed for me too - taken me 2 hours to work out how to load music onto our new MP4 players........................  where's a teenager when you really need one!

Sweet dreams all and see you in the morning

And hoorays for the positives such as Snailymum and  at Meldy's "shoes" which to me seem like an excuse to break an ankle...........

XB
02/01/2013 at 06:54

Bleurgh

Blimey. Those shoes

We went to see The Quartet yesterday. Well worth seeing.

And it's back to work today.

M...eldy    pirate
02/01/2013 at 07:44

Good morning all

I think I was in bed before Sluggy last night ... definitely needed some extra Zzzzs before earlies this morning

Up n at 'em 

02/01/2013 at 08:14

Morning

I had a rude awakening this morning, I had a dream, well more like a nightmare....someone ( AKA a nice WAISTer ) had entered me for an ultra  there I was happy in this dream and then opened the envelope with the number and a compass!!??

It was such a shock it woke me up!!  and with a banging headache!!

Anyhoo needed to be up as I want to go to a local, family run furniture shop as their sale starts

02/01/2013 at 08:26

Morning each.

I'll need to get a bit of work done - after a bike ride of course.

Starting getting the kit together yesterday - it's easier to pack for a ski trip than a summer holiday.- big boots, big pants, big jacket, job done.

Ok, best get going as it's nearly light enough to ride,

02/01/2013 at 10:03
Belated happy birthday NV. :0) Brill bra dash pics too :0)

Wow Meldy! That's what you call a pair of shoes! Has the Pikey one attacked the leopard bit yet??!!

Mmmmm oatcakes :0) We can get them at the island's one and only Tesco, which is the only reason we go there. Goats cheese and cherry tomatoes nom nom nom

What a fantastic medal rack Amandax :0) There's a company that makes cushions and duvet covers out of rosettes and sashes, but I don't think I could have the ones that Megs won cut up! Instead they're all stuffed in a box as Mr Tubs thinks rosettes are for kids!

I've decided not to send mother presents any more. I've not rung her yet today either. And folk wonder why I don't visit!!

30 mins walking completed yesterday. There's still a lump on my Achilles from when I damaged it in August so taking it nice and slowly.

Oskar has just murdered a box of tissues! Confetti anyone?!

(((( waisters )))))
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.