working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

213,841 to 213,860 of 232,753 messages
02/01/2013 at 19:50

ohh didn't spot you there Podds, yes I thought Meldy was close mmmm.....

XB
02/01/2013 at 20:41

They didn't specifically ask us not to talk or fidget but they did tell the chap next to my sister to stop chewing.

I'm so glad I don't live near Colchester; I can just sit back and watch Spence round up her posse.

02/01/2013 at 21:11

Very glad they told him not to chew! I hate chewing with a capital Chew!!
Especially when someone is talking to you, seeing it dancing about the gob, yuk, yuk, yuk!

I'm thinking Nogs could bicycle to Colchester !
02/01/2013 at 21:11

Jeez Spence is on a mission  ""hides beind sofa"""

Whos the celeb XB?  If you trumped, would it be picked up by the sound boom???

Day 2 Janathon = 50 min exercise DVD.  I am gonna have trouble walking tomorrow.  Did loads of cardio and crunches. only problem with crunches is my belly gets in the way

Right tea and bed me thinks.  Swimming tomorrow

02/01/2013 at 21:16

Waaayhaaay, XB, great photo!!!!!  Shame about the bloke who stepped in front of you just as it was being taken (Your sis is very pretty, isn't she??) As for you 'not planning anything'......  I'm already practising my cheering!!

Yums, what a SUPERB picture! sooo many houndies ) What's even nicer is to know that once they were lonely and unloved, and now every one of them is a happy dawg. 

Yums, I have no idea why Australian cheese is such cr@p, but it really is. No flavour at all. And for a veggie, NO CHEESE is serious! The local cheese man cuts the pieces I want and then vaccuum seals them, so they arrive fine. If you look here you can see he has LOTS of cheese:

http://www.winkelcentrummariahoeve.nl/winkels/58-etos

(this is a pretty typical cheese shop for these parts)

Snaily, Podds is right. You are the WAISter White Knight, for sure. Well done at beating the Evil Empire of Bureaucrats!! It does make you wonder what happens to the poor souls who don't have a champion, doesn't it? But sounds like your mum will be in her own place soon. Hooray!!!!

Tubs, you should deffo leave her to stew. All these ladies ought to be SO proud of you, and so pleased that you are so thoughtful toward them---they don't deserve you!! How's the thumb now, by the way? And whatever happened with that new treatment for the infection in the eyelids? You were really in the wars there for a while.

Mr C and I just watched Rowan Williams' programme about Canterbury Cathedral---it was really a good one. Not an easy job, I think. Don't think he can be sorry to be moving on!

02/01/2013 at 21:17
Mmmmm think yourself lucky Snaily, I've not been on AA route finder... I just know Paigton is too far !!
02/01/2013 at 21:30

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/450041/gallery/chute1.jpg?width=350

Me and my Chute are having an argument

nope cant get it right

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/450041/gallery/chute2.jpg?width=350

02/01/2013 at 21:33

Chuggs, having seen one or two of those border control programmes from Oz, I reckon you'll be lucky to get your cheese into the country without being arrested.

Inceasingly, should I find myself watching 'celebrity this that or the other' on telly, I have no idea who the people are.

I'm in the anti chewing gum corner.  Why is it that so many people lack the ability to chew it or, indeed, eat anything with their mouths closed?

I would love to go the Colchester but my inoculations aren't up to date.

02/01/2013 at 21:49

phew paignton is too far, thought i was gonna have to move even further south!

02/01/2013 at 21:50
Anyone on here a subscriber!!?
And wouldn't mind sending me a copy of a half mara training plan!!!
Please!

Can't think what I've used before :-/
02/01/2013 at 21:50

Programme on saturday night called Splash.Its Tom Daley teaching celebs to dive.Its being filmed in our new  local olympic pool.We have tickets so will be in audience! Our instructions are party  wear but no high heels!

XB
02/01/2013 at 21:53

Make one up, Spence

Nice to see the telly companies are asking for waister celebs

02/01/2013 at 21:55

Oh and Chugs racing medal rack was ebay shop, you can order different wording too

02/01/2013 at 21:56
Lol Snaily!
And, as I said on FB I think it looks fab

There was a rep in Tesco once chewing whilst trying to sell me something, I suggested quite politely she'd have more chance of success if she quit the chewing!! She seemed quite taken aback!!

That's a yes from you then Noggin !!
02/01/2013 at 21:58
Amandax stop avoiding with your tales of celebrity and get signed up!!?

Anyone got any EPO!? Seems to be the thing to take to get you faster
02/01/2013 at 22:15
I'm a subscriber spence. What do you need?
02/01/2013 at 22:15

Spence - my other NY resolution was only to enter races less than 20 miles away.Oh dear thats ruled that out then

02/01/2013 at 22:19

Good resolution Amanda Well done

Looks good Snaily!

I've just entered a 10k on 24th Feb Trying to persuade my sister to do it too - she won't race if there isn't a medal but there is so I'm half way there! 10k PB is 1 hr 45... although I got to 10k in less than 1 hr 30 in the marathon... 7 weeks... best get running...

02/01/2013 at 22:26
Amanda's, that doesn't count, you didn't declare it

Claire, a copy of the sub 2:30 & sub 2:15 half mara training plans please, not sure what I used before!

I'll PM you my e mail
02/01/2013 at 22:30
Oh I can't! You don't allow PM's !!!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.