working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

213,861 to 213,880 of 229,608 messages
02/01/2013 at 22:50
Spence it's a marathon training programme divided by two :0)

Sorry Yums, it's very confusing! I've never met my birth mother. "Mother" is my adopted mother.

Love the photo of all the dawgs :0)

(((( waisters ))))
02/01/2013 at 23:02
Lol I guess it is Tubbs!!
03/01/2013 at 07:24

Morning!

First in!!?

Must be back to work

Still Nogs, only 6 weeks till half term!!

M...eldy    pirate
03/01/2013 at 07:52

Morning gang

Was a bit tired this morning and I even went to bed before 9pm !

03/01/2013 at 08:01

http://www.colchesterhalfmarathon.co.uk/enter/

For those that might need it

I'm off to work, training not sure what in!!

03/01/2013 at 08:16

Morning all. 

Enjoy your training, Spence, hope it turns out to be something interesting, or at least useful 

Morning, Melds---are you coming or going? I mean, are you just getting up or just going to bed? I've totally lost track of your duty roster....

Just skyped with C1 who is at Ayers Rock where it's 36 C (cooled off rom 46!!). Was going to get out for an early chug, but of course I had a second cup of coffee with the skype, so I shall now waddle out for something short, slow and ugly. All your inspiring talk of marathons etc does motivate me to at least get out there!

03/01/2013 at 08:22
Morning all.
I am broadcasting to you today from the pad of i. OH has gone to work and left it behind. Giddy with excitement.

I see Spence has already started her campaign trail. What a pity, we are away on holiday at the end of March, I would have joined you all otherwise. *crosses fingers behind back*

A day to myself. Sadly I think some cleaning might be involved.

Onwards and upwards and a very happy Thursday one and all
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
03/01/2013 at 08:25

morning

this house is so quiet and empty without the muppets! I'm waiting for the kennels to be open at 9 so I can go get em!

Colchester is just too far for me Spence - sorry.

I do think that we should be making some sort of effort for a WAISter meet up this year though - any suggestions?

M...eldy    pirate
03/01/2013 at 08:28

We certainly should Sue ... later in the year may be easier to organise?

Chuggs, early this morning,  two late shifts from tomorrow and then on to nights 

DL, I dont know how you cope with such excitement.  cleaning AND an iPad ....

Nog
03/01/2013 at 08:34

Morning each.

Spence, the news yesterday was that teachers morale was at an all time low.  I'm surprised you have the time to be pee'd off with work, you're never there

Christmas decs are coming down today and I have a bit of paid stuff to do.

Coffee is on

03/01/2013 at 09:09

Morning All

Quick trip to the shops then the Viking Trail Bike Ride (about 27 miles) then house tidying then a couple of friends round for tea...........

I never cook...........I can't cook..........so this is something of a royal command performance - I shall consider the evening a success if nobody gets poisoned!!

Best get some clothes on as Tesco takes a dim view of nudity in the aisles

03/01/2013 at 09:28

Morning

Podds get Tesco pre-prepared food, much easier for friends coming for tea and less risk of poisioning!!!

oh to have 36c. Although it is pretty mild darn souf, 12c in January just seems wrong.

You lot are a bad influence, I'm getting the "feeling" for a run, oh shame I'm at work!!! 

03/01/2013 at 09:50

On NYD Podds said we could all go back to hers for pasta or go to the pub....guess which I chose

Ooh, Mandax, how fab. I quite fancied taking a peek at that diving prog. If nothing else to see how on earth you teach someone to perform those dives. If you wear a big, floppy hat we're sure to recognise you

I smell desperation in Spence's half recruitment attempts - shame I'm injured or I might have been interested

*uncrosses fingers*

Get you,. XB on telly again Can't say I recognise Mr Celebrity though.

oh chuggy, that man certainly has cheese - no wonder Ozzie cheeses seem tasteless as those cheese look superb. Hmmm, apparently I'm only 35 mins flight time from Schiphol airport...

Snaily, I thought your chute  was a swimming hat in the first pic  - hasn't Youtube helped you get it right yet ?

A WAISter meet up......the team southern softies v team northentough nuts - featuring Sue from Welsh Wales

You are so going to be toast when OH finds out you've been using the pad of i, DL. Double cleaning duties for you

I am trying to convince the minis to go swimming but I'm reluctant myself. I dont like getting wet and the kids always splash me and I get water in my goggles....

03/01/2013 at 09:55

Oh well done, Podds! If I were having a dinner party I would deffo not be able to cycle 27 miles the same day! (And that's even worse than it sounds, cos like Snaily I'd hit the steaming Tesco's for the food!!!) You ARE superwoman, I always suspected it 

Snaily, loved the photos of you with the...the...the thing on your head. No wonder you can't figure it out, I can't even tell what it's supposed to be!!!

Just back from 2 miles. In fitness terms it was not so much a wake-up call as a kick in the ribs and someone shouting 'OI! Are you DEAD??'  Oh well, gotta start (again!) where you are, right? 

03/01/2013 at 10:00

Morning,

Lovely photos from Tubbs, XB and Yummy. Houndtastic indeed!

Snaily, when you have sorted out your mother and Paignton do you fancy starting on Bristol Frenchay?? To be fair, they will be getting referrals from all over the south-west, I suspect, and chronic pain is one of the 'Cinderella services' as the government, and thus hospitals, prefer things where people can be treated and discharged within a certain time; all boxes ticked. Anything chronic tends to lose out because of that.

That is a good point about the cheese - the Australia border programs show loads of people being finded for trying to take food into the country! They also treat Contact (the cold remedy) as an illegal substance as it can be used to manufacture crystal meth .

I am posting this sat at MS's comp as I cannot recharge the battery on my lappie since Alfie chewed through the lead. I need to wait in for MIL and am seeing Thursday man this arvo, OA this evening. Somewhere along the line I will have to get another lead and also some anti-chew stuff - this could have been far worse if he had chewed through a mains cable .

(((WIN)))

WAIST well my lovelies xxx

03/01/2013 at 10:36

Aww bless Alfie - clearly happy to be home although it would be nice if he could find a less dangerous way to demonstrate his happiness

I have ingredients and a couple of recipes..............but first bike time

Yumms - can see your point re swimming and getting wet......now if you're only a 35 minute flight from Schipol there's a rumour they are starting up flights to Amsterdam from Manston again in the spring which means I'm only the same distance away....

*sniggers as Yums and Podds plan to descend on Chuggy and abuse her hospitality *

03/01/2013 at 10:54

but we'd need pet passports so we could take the hounds, podds.........

03/01/2013 at 10:57

oh, sluggy, silly Alfie. I wonder what it s about cables. A friend who works at the local hozzie had to move offices yesterday cos foxy loxy had chewed through the poer and t'internet cables and sadly been elctrocuted in the process. And yes, I reckon you're right about the Cinderella factor to explain your stoopidly long wait for treatment.

03/01/2013 at 11:12

EVERYONE TAKE COVER PODDS IS COOKING

03/01/2013 at 14:12

I'm sure chuggy would also love 4 houndie guests Yums as would Rossie but I suspect the feline resident might be somewhat less impressed!

Back from bike - lovely mild day with a hint of sun now and again and precious little wind which is unusual - 26.65 miles @ 12.4 mph which is about right for the cyclocross bike, however really feeling the lack of biking in my lower neck / shoulders....or rather the trapezius and rhomboideus minor

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.