working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

213,901 to 213,920 of 233,828 messages
04/01/2013 at 07:38

Morning

well cooked Podds!

Here's a thing, Mr Spence works 4 days on 4 off, he is now on a 3 week call out rota as well...so that will cover his 4 days off....How can that be fair?  Or even legal!?

04/01/2013 at 08:33
Morning one, morning all

It still hurts by the way

It seems that at a Podd's dinner party it's not just the guests that feel stuffed at the end of it. How very Jamie Oliver.

I'd like to see you attempting to put mustard on a cat's arris. That sounds a little bit worrying, doesn't it!?

Off to take the car for its MOT. Wonder which bit has fallen off that I haven't noticed.

Happy very nearly the weekend
04/01/2013 at 08:48

Morning

Spence - work time regulations is a maximum 48 hours working week.  Although its not fair, as long has his actual working are within the limites it is legal.  Sorry.  However as a manager currently working out a rota I always try to protect non working days as much as poss.  Is he getting paid an on-call rate even if he isnt in work?  If not he needs to look at his contract because he should be.

Any news on your diners Podds????

Good luck with the MOT DL

I'm so stiff this morning, obviously the exercise DVD is working! 

Seeing as its friday I have looooooooooads of work to do so better get cracking

04/01/2013 at 08:52

Morning Weekend ? I've been havign that every day since Christmas Day. Good luck with the car, DL.

*inflates DL's polo cushion*

Yes, Sluggy, why are you in hiding ???  Does Alfie only chew when you are reading/computing?

Podds, you is well posh. I wouldn't attempt anything like that - life is too short to stuff a muchroom/zuchini etc. Have you phoned the hospital for a bulletin yet ?

Mustard on the bum is a distraction, Spence.

If you wondered what the whimpering sounds was earlier, it was me rolling my leg

04/01/2013 at 09:13

Morning each.

If mustard on the bum stops you eating, I think you have the new , best selling diet book Yums.

A nice day here and a morning of tree work awaits.

All the Christmas biscuits and chocs have gone and the belt loosened a notch

I'm going to try a pair of these in Italy, or maybe some of these.  It'll mean nothing to the non skiers but it gets me excited.

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
04/01/2013 at 09:18

morning all

just back from my spin class and some PT 

it's the last day of my hols - I shall spend it cleaning and tidying 

04/01/2013 at 09:50

Lol at Yummy's new diet book Bet you'd sell thousands. You should SO get a front cover and a press release out for April Fools Day

04/01/2013 at 11:36
There's a strange yellow ball in the sky
04/01/2013 at 12:58

Oh dear,  I went off to do some tree work this morning, I managed a couple of hours, having done two hard days previously.

Customer kicked off and didn't seem to think hurty ribs, Christmas or New Year were good enough reasons for a delay in finishing the work - despite me keeping her informed.  

She didn't want to listen to anything I said so i packed up and left.

I've not left her entirely in the lurch as she has someone else who wants to do the work - which  probably is the real reason behind her attitude.

The down side is i probably won't get paid for what I've done the plus side is I get a bike ride this afternoon.

04/01/2013 at 13:00
Alfie's shot his mustard into orbit :0)

All this mustard on the bum is making me wince. I have excruciating ah hem, rhymes with miles at the moment and sitting is not an option :0/

Gel bike seats are the way forward DL :0)

Your menu sounded delish Podds :0) I don't even know what zucchini is - I always thought he did symphonies :0)

Villa keys have arrived :0) This time in 6 weeks we'll be in the pool :0)

(((( waisters ))))
04/01/2013 at 13:02
Grr to customer Noggs!
04/01/2013 at 13:08

Afternoon,

(((Noggy))) Pah to silly customer! I suspect that she will be back as soon as the new person doesn't pander to her every whim. Of course, whether you would want the job is another matter! How many sleeps until your hollibobs?

~~~((DL's car and bank balance)))~~~

Happy holiday Dragon lady .

I have spent the morning exchanging the things that I spent yesterday morning buying. I now have a computer lead that fits and an anti-chew spray that sprays. Alfie loves the chew, that is fine when he confines that to cardboard boxes! I am incognito because I am waiting for RW towers to approve my everyday avatar to replace the Christmas one.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

04/01/2013 at 13:09

Grr Indeed Tubs, still, it's an ill wind.

04/01/2013 at 13:57
Nogs - I was going to write something supportive like 'I'd let you trim my bush any time' - but I know how some people on here might read more into it.

Well my MOT cost more than I anticipated. I walked home through town and stopped at sports direct -they're having a closing down sale. I ran back to get my car in a snazzy new running outfit. I've never been so co-ordinated. Sadly it didn't make me run any better
04/01/2013 at 14:35

Boo to Noggs silly customer  but way hay to a surprise bike ride

Awww, DL, silly car but woo hoo to a coordinated plod outfit - I've never had one of those - can you get your money back if it doesn't improve your running?

Glad you managed to get the bits excahnged, Sluggys and may I be so bold as to say how lovely you're looking in your new avatar

I had a lovely coffee and catchy uppy with Larry and then cycled  the long way home - well, about 12 miles longer and didn't spare the horses. Lunch anyone ?

Any sign of Podds yet ??

04/01/2013 at 15:36

I do feel some sympathy for my ex customer but I can only stretch it so far. I should have trusted my instincts and not taken the job, I was actually trying to do her a good job on the cheap to help her out.

I know what you mean DL, thee are some on here that see smut in anything.

never mind, I enjoyed my ride - it was my first ascent for the year of the mighty, brooding col de Brill (it was also my second as I went up it twce) .

Plus my hard up SIL has listened to me and has taken up my offer of a ride to Austria next month to resume her skiing.  It'll cost her nothing to get there as I've paid for the Eurotunnel, she just needs to pay her b and b in Soll.

AND my new personal digital radio has arrived to replace the one I dropped down the toilet a couple of days ago

04/01/2013 at 16:07

Gee whiz, parallel reality for sure! Poddlets, for someone who can't cook, you turned out a jolly posh repast there! ))) Proves my point: you ARE superwoman!! 

Nogs, you do seem to have some pretty ripe customers. But in this case it may have been better to get rid of her and have a nice cycle instead. I looked at your pretty sliding planks, but alas, as a non-skiier, my heart rate remained steady. But isn't it Sunday you go? 

Awww, Yums, hope you found Larry in good form. It's so nice to see her around here again. And an extra 12 miles on the way back is deffo good going! 

Sluggie, that's one resourceful pussycat you've got there! I really hope the anti-chew stuff works, cos chewing electric lines can't be good for anyone!! 

Oooh, DL, what a dashing colour-coordinated runner you've become! (I always look as if I've thrown on the first things I come to. Which I have.) And at least the MOT is over for another year, which is something. 

Eeeyew, Tubs, not being able to sit down must be rather limiting. Good for the core and all that, but not so comfy. But what is this about villa keys? I seem to have missed this bit. What villa? Where? When do you want us to arrive????

Spence, sounds like a rather inconvenient schedule for Mr S, but like Snaily said, he should at least be getting paid when he's on stand-by. Which hopefully he is!

Enjoy your last day of holidays, Dragon Lady! You sound as industrious as ever 

Daffs, that 10 k will go like silk  And remember you need your rest days too!

Snaily, tell yourself that that creaking feeling is a sign that you're getting fit again already!

I'm creaking a bit too. Back to core exercises every morning that I'm not running. As usual, I'm thinking 'Gee, I never realised I had a muscle THERE' but it's good too. Spent the day doing admin that's built up over the last month, now about to go sort music at church: with about a dozen different pieces in each of 25 folders, a couple of us just blitz it after big festivals like Christmas, to get everything back in the right place for next year. 

04/01/2013 at 16:14

Good Afternoon

I won't ask or even try to guess what you were doing with the radio on the toilet Nog. Bah! to your customer. She doesn't know a god thing when she has it.

Good running DL - You are looking great in that kit

Hi Sluggy

I had a good chat with Yums and now have a plan for more action (meaning, loosley, excercise) in my head. I have only to transfer this from my head to my body. Hope its listening It was lovely chatting and looking at the sun glistening on the water/mud.

Good cycling Yums.

I am fed, watered and snoozed. In that order.

Off for a bit of a read back.

04/01/2013 at 16:28

Yums wrote (see)

Morning Weekend ? I've been havign that every day since Christmas Day. Good luck with the car, DL.

*inflates DL's polo cushion*

Yes, Sluggy, why are you in hiding ???  Does Alfie only chew when you are reading/computing?

Podds, you is well posh. I wouldn't attempt anything like that - life is too short to stuff a muchroom/zuchini etc. Have you phoned the hospital for a bulletin yet ?

Mustard on the bum is a distraction, Spence.

You're not wrong there!!

pah to silly customer Nogs, you can come and trim my bush anytime.....

ahh how lovely Yums and Larry got together

Snaily, thanks for that!   And no he isn't paid.....there's 3 on the call out, him (no pay) another bloke, paid, as on an old NHS contract and then they have Powergen doing a week at £500+ !! 

04/01/2013 at 16:41

Thanks for the squeeze Meldy

Have read back but so much going on, can't keep it in the brain.

Off to get dinner now. Smoked haddick and stuff. Nice

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.