working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

213,921 to 213,940 of 234,936 messages
M...eldy    pirate
04/01/2013 at 17:08

Oh luffley Larry, me and the pikey one are on the way!

I popped up to see the grey one today, he was more grey than usual .. dirty little bugger
Still having some 'niggles' for want of a word and I am considering seeing if I can move him closer to home into part retirement (to be fair I think he was born retired!!) but it will mean I need some help in the form of a freelance 'groom' but it might just be a good option for us

I swam before w*rk and did a timed mile in 28.58 so I am quite happy with that and no lasting niggles from my 10 min run last night - 19 weeks til Lanza  

M...eldy    pirate
04/01/2013 at 17:09

I have duck egg salad for tea  

04/01/2013 at 17:21
I appear to be in a pub drinking Guinness.
Best get meself home, it's gammon and new taters and a field mushroom, stilton,proscuitto(sp) thingy as a starter.

Life in the shares, eh?
04/01/2013 at 18:03

Afternoon / Evening WAISTers

Nog, le pisteur wrote (see)

AND my new personal digital radio has arrived to replace the one I dropped down the toilet a couple of days ago

I'm not even going to ask..........

((((Tubbs)))) sounds like a most restricted and painful life at the moment

Glad to hear Larry and Yums had a nice catch up

One of my guests has clocked in the other not so I guess I've got at least a 50% survival rate - not bad eh?

Today I appear to have achieved nothing, bar a haircut, and am not sure of where the time has gone.....  and as this is now the weekend it means the proper holidays have finished

Can you get the FGO much closer to home Melds - he can't be more than a 20 minute drive currently is he?  If you can though every little time saving helps I guess and he's so gawjuss it would be nice to be able to see him every day so long as he still has mates  

04/01/2013 at 18:11

I do feel some sympathy for my ex customer but I can only stretch it so far. I should have trusted my instincts and not taken the job, I was actually trying to do her a good job on the cheap to help her out.

I know what you mean DL, thee are some on here that see smut in anything.

never mind, I enjoyed my ride - it was my first ascent for the year of the mighty, brooding col de Brill (it was also my second as I went up it twce) .

Plus my hard up SIL has listened to me and has taken up my offer of a ride to Austria next month to resume her skiing.  It'll cost her nothing to get there as I've paid for the Eurotunnel, she just needs to pay her b and b in Soll.

AND my new personal digital radio has arrived to replace the one I dropped down the toilet a couple of days ago

04/01/2013 at 18:14

Tits, bum and fart, it's happened again.

The whole dab radio/ toilet incident will learn me not to wander around in my onesie doing my ablutions of a morning.

But i do get a shiney new radio out of the deal

04/01/2013 at 18:37

What!?

You've dropped a second one down the toilet!!!???

04/01/2013 at 19:42

No Spence, you total blonde.  I was referring to a repost for no reason. Just the one radio has gone down the dunny but my computer keeps regurging old posts for no discernable reason.

M...eldy    pirate
04/01/2013 at 19:48

Its cos you's lurking and refreshing innit 

XB
04/01/2013 at 19:53

To lose one DAB is an accident; to lose two is bordering on careless.

04/01/2013 at 20:07

Noggs I am gutted. After tales of your dashing NY outfit, you say you have a onesie - I always wondered what sort of man owned a onesie but the picture in my mind wasn't of macho, suave, sophisticated Lord Noggy

Duck agg, M...eldy ? Any reason why apart from you've been nest raiding while out running or is it just cos they bigger ? In jnr school my friend brought in a duck egg she had found. At some point she shook it. It exploded all over her and smelt like nothing I ever want to smell again - guess it wasn't fresh!

Well swimbled, M...eldy

Hoorah, Podds and one of her 'victims' lived to tell the tale

04/01/2013 at 20:08

Ayup, it's 'im off the telly.

Just the one dab is deceased, well, it was barely walking wounded before its Tom Daley impression.

04/01/2013 at 20:12

OK Yums, you caught me out, the onesie was figment of my fertile imagination.  I thought it sounded sexier than my winceyette jammies.

hands up, I was wrong.

04/01/2013 at 20:28

The onesie should be made illegal

DL surely you need to take advantage of your new co-ordination and enter a race so you can have a co-ordinated pic on the finish line.    Spence sign her up

Spence, on the face of it sounds like MrSpence has an equal pay claim, people working the same job should get the same pay, its the law, the fact that he doest get paid an on-call rate and the other bloke does, no matter that its an "old" NHS contract is agains UK equal pay law.  They should either take the pay rate away or give it to both of the workers.   Obviously I dont know the full details but that is the basic law.

Mum has visited the bungalow, she loves it, some work needs doing to help with access, but she should be moving in 2-3 weeks

Janathon day 4 = 30 min walk along the beach front.  Not very nice at night, but I could do another DVD session I can hardly walk!

Tomorrow we have a full day of laying flooring, last time I couldnt walk the next day I ached in places I didnt realise I had. 

M...eldy    pirate
04/01/2013 at 20:33

It must be lovely at night down by the sea Snaily !    Very refreshing 

04/01/2013 at 20:52

Doing well with Janathon there snaily and excellent news on your mum's house!

I've been painting the bedroom It's been lining paper only for at least 23 years... All primed and ready for colour tomorrow! Complete pain in the arse of course - Mr Daffs knocked half the ceiling out years ago, so the wall goes up 2 floors to the eaves... And of course the walls aren't remotely flat - in one place it even curves round a bloody corner!

04/01/2013 at 21:01

It was quite depressing on the sea front tonight.  The council have switched off the seaside lighting and it was very still.  I like it when there is a sea breeze and you can hear the sea.

What colour you going for Daffs?

Oh Jeez, Gail in corrie makes me cringe

04/01/2013 at 21:02

Baby Snaily

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/450041/gallery/dillon3.jpg?width=350

04/01/2013 at 21:42
Ahh look at him!!!

That's for the info Snaily really appreciate it
There does seem to be different contracts because the maintenance has been contracted out ( to the company Mr S works for) leaving some still employed by the NHS. As much as I hate to say it it would seem these are the folks who take the piss, they seem to have a 'it's my turn to be off sick' rota going on among themselves...mr Spence has decided to join the union to get them to look at it. I will pass on your info to him in the morning and see what he says.

So DL is coming to Colchester before her hold!? What fun!
04/01/2013 at 21:44
Daffs, silly question !
But why did Mr Daffs take the ceiling out!!?
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.