working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

213,961 to 213,980 of 235,075 messages
05/01/2013 at 14:18

Afternoon,

((Tubbs)), I am sorry that you have a pain in the arris . Oskar is adorable and I am sure tht Alfie would love a playmate (I do wonder whether he misses the littermate he used to live with).

Meldy, it is tough when arangements break down, I hope that you find somewhere suitable for the Murphmeister.

Noggy, I am very glad to learn that you don't wear a onesie, the idea wa proving too much for my imagination!

Larry/Yumms, it is nice that the two of you have managed to meet up again. Larry - make sure that you don't overdo things, you don't want to set back your recovery.

Chuggy, that sounds like a mammoth task! I do hope that you have a litte reward on hand for when you have finished.

Hurrah for SnailyMum, here's hoping that things go smoothly and she is soon in her new home.

I have been to Sainsbury's for a top-up shop this morning, that is about the limit of my activity for today. I am still kanackered from the holiday - fell asleep in front of the TV just after 8pm yesterday !

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

XB
05/01/2013 at 14:33

I've been running and then Twin2 and I took the bikes for a gentle roll around the lanes.

Next up is a trip to the gutter on my ladders to get rid of the gunk. They are very high gutters and I'm a little bit scared.

I had a crap night's sleep - too hot, sore throat and noisy dog. I'm going to try a nap. I need to decide whether to try for an EOD for tomorrow's local-ish Half Mara.

05/01/2013 at 14:48

Good luck up the ladder XB, thats not my favourite chore these days

No danger of me in a onesie - not sure I know what one is - the youngsters at one of the NYE parties were talking about it/them.

I'm bored now, all kit double checked, bags packed, unpacked, checked and packed again.  Tickets, passports, parking and Euros sorted.  It's a bit early for Guinness.

05/01/2013 at 15:19

Noggs, a onesie, think baby grow for adults

*stands on the bottom run of XB's ladder - hears someone shout cake and runs off*

When are you actually off, Noggs ? Tomorrow?

Sluggsy, I have not been leading larry astray, honest. We were just talkingpilates and yoga and that a 2nd hand DVD from ebay might allow her to do a teensy bit and then either paused or put away until needed again - I really hadn't entered her in Iron lanza - promise.  Perhaps Podds can lend you the boys to play with Alfie

I have planted my Chrimbo tree. It was pot grown so should stand a chance of survival

05/01/2013 at 15:49

Be careful up that ladder XB!!

Which half are you doing?

Daught had a onesie from my old school mate for Christmas, she loves it!!

05/01/2013 at 15:53

Hope you got down again alright XB! I've spent the day perching on ladders too and reaching and stretching and dangling off beds painting the bedroom - bit of a fiasco but can't believe we've only just got round to it after 23 years... (mind you, I personally haven't been here 23 years - 23 years ago I was, er, still in primary school, not buying houses! But I've been here 7 which is quite long enough to have ignored this for!)

M...eldy    pirate
05/01/2013 at 16:28

Afternoonicles

Yes Noggs, when are you off?  We can all pile round to yours for a parteeee

Daffs, I think I would rather have gone for a run 

Yums, am I too late for the cake order??   I would like a nice cheesecake or some toffee & walknut cake or some chokklit cake or some any sort of cake really !

I ran AGAIN!!  Well I say ran, a nicely controlled 17 mins of R1/W1 and nothing fell off .... onward and upwards

05/01/2013 at 16:31

have you seen this...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/jan/05/lance-armstrong-considering-doping-confession

I hope he apologises to David Walsh and others he bullied.

Well runned Meldy

Well painted Daffs

M...eldy    pirate
05/01/2013 at 16:45

Will believe it when I see it Spence, I still think there is more to this than meets the eye

Mrs Farty Pants has just filled my Facebook feed with uploading the last six months training  

05/01/2013 at 16:48
I thought she'd just spent the last 24hours running
05/01/2013 at 16:55

Happy New Year, everyone!!! It's better late than never ...

We had a brilliant break away here abut 5 miles from Ludlow on the Shrops/Herefs border in a beautiful place. It was part of a medieval hall, with the B&B in converted barns and outhouses, but done up so you felt as if you were in medieval splendour! Great people and delicious dinner with canapes beforehand - all home made. There were 14 people there for the night. New Year's Day we had a walk over the hill to Leintwardine, then back round by Downton Castle (I have very clear memories of a long boring walk here from Clun to Ludlow when I was 18, then suddenly coming across this castle and river valley). They didn't do meals the second night, so they took us and a large family party in two minibuses down to a restaurant near Ludlow and picked us up again!

I've spent a day in the University Library, reading hard stuff, went to see the John Moore's painting exhibition yesterday - not so much rubbish as the past few years! and I got a new coat as we came home via the sales. I've had a long run today (well, 5 miles and building up!) and put some spring flowers in the garden. Went to B&Q (I never reckon much to their plants, but it's on the way to the supermarket) and true to form they had trays of half dead plants - but a tray of pansies for £1 and primulas for 10p each seemed a bargain, and they look pretty lively in the centre, just not much of a display at the moment! I've planted up a few troughs with them too.

And I've still got a day left!

Someone (Yums?) asked about my photographs - 365 - if you want to look they are on Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ruth_w/) and I'm trying to blog just the 365  here http://mostlyphoto.wordpress.com/

05/01/2013 at 17:04

I'm taking my Christmas name down now as it's Twelfth Night tomorrow

05/01/2013 at 17:06

Wow that looks fab Pippi

Far Far has been well busy!!
Meldy, you should read David Walsh's book!

05/01/2013 at 17:44

HAPPY NEW YEAR!  Soon be Christmas again!

Wow Pippi that sounded like a great New Year.

Have a lovely trip Noggy.  When do you actually go?

Daffs, it was 23 years before my bedroom got decorated (17 for OH) and OH is a painter and decorator!  Trouble is it was decorated over a year ago but still hasn't been finished yet (built in wardrobes with sliding doors to be built yet).

Yummsy, how lovely that you and Larry have had a get together.  

I've been running, walking, aquarunning and walking this week.  I've also registered for the parkruns but didn't pluck up courage to do it this morning although I had intended to 

Edited: 05/01/2013 at 17:48
05/01/2013 at 17:55

There's always next week for hte parkrun FP! (That's what I told myself this morning too )

Pippi, that sounded ace lovely part of the country!Fab photos too

17 minutes Meldy?? Don't push the boat out!

Well, all the walls are a different colour to what they started as, and both me and the carpet also have a few splodges too, sharing the love Time to down tools and spend the evening, er, wiping up paint I suppose

M...eldy    pirate
05/01/2013 at 17:59

Slowly slowly Daffs ... I have big fish to fry this year  

05/01/2013 at 18:06

wow, Pippi, that holibob sounds fab - can I carry your suitcases when you go again...purlease ?  Yes, t'was me that asked about your 365 photos - thank you, I have addede your blog to my favourites

M...eldy, do you mean a Lunnon cheesecake aka a Hairy Mary or a proper cheesecake ? Anyhoos, the Vienese Whirls were rather big today - no, size isn't how I choose Glad you runneded without anything dropping off

05/01/2013 at 18:09

I'm looking forward to Splash tonight. Apparently the bookies are taking bets on costume failure  I know, I know, it's been so long oggling is all I have  

M...eldy    pirate
05/01/2013 at 18:13

No idea of the difference Yums, best I have both so I can compare

Do we know who is on 'Splash' tonight??

XB
05/01/2013 at 18:21
I have banned Splash. We Will watch Life of Brian instead.

Well run, Mouldy.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.