working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

214,001 to 214,020 of 229,586 messages
06/01/2013 at 12:12

Afternoon,

Did I miss Noggy ? Bon voyage, Noggy *waves lil hankie*

GO GO GO XB, RARARA

Well done Dragonlady, it is good to have that one under your belt.

Happy hunting, Yummy. I hope you find some bargains. I am glad to hear that you were not leading Larry astray .

I quite enjoyed 'Splash' , I like to see people learning new things and suprprising themselves with what they can do.

Well marshalled Podds! I think it must be your halo that I can see shining - it certainly isn't the sun.

Tubs, I am always in awe of how much you do. If there was any justice in the world, you and FP would both be size 8!

Daffs, I am glad that the bread turned out well. I don't have the self-discipline for a bread maker, I would wolf the lot before it was even cool !

Pippi, that place looks really lovely, just my type of thing! One of my grandma's sisters used to live at Lentwardine, many moons ago, but I don't remember anything other than the name.

Another quiet day here, although we will probably go to one of the garden centres for lunch. It is damp and misty so we won't be going far. 

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxxx

06/01/2013 at 12:36

well done that Dragon

06/01/2013 at 12:42

That is indeed the problem with the breadmaker Sluggy I've eaten 3 slices already today and am about to eat another one... At least there's 2 of us who do it, and I always make the smallest loaf size I try to do it so it's ready about 11pm to (actually, I don't try, I just don't get round to it til tea time!) - which means a slice before bed, and then it's cold in the morning so not *quite* so tempting...

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
06/01/2013 at 12:45

fankyew

It's warm for running, stayed dry in spite of the weather forecast. I think a nice long bath is in order. Trouble is, I like to take a book in the bath with me, but my books are now on my ipad - I would risk the kindle (a granddaughter now has that - she was so desperate for one), but not the ipad!

See you later 

I wonder how XB is getting on?

XB
06/01/2013 at 13:29

I enjoyed that.

Shower first; report later.

06/01/2013 at 14:15

*waits with basted breasts for XB's race report*

Well toddled, Sue. Are you sharing the bath with XB ?

*snaffles Daffy's raising cinamonabob bread*

((snaily sore bits)))

Sluggy, I really though Splash could be entertaining but somehow to me it felt like they missed out potentially interesting bits and dragged out the bits that didn't interest me. Hopefully yhey will learn from last night and tweak it

Antique fair was rubbish. Nothing interesting at all but plenty of it. Was at an more upmarket location so I expected more. Pah, Shall have to do house work and walk Mrs Dawg instead of basking in my interesting artifact...grump.

XB
06/01/2013 at 14:38

I wouldn't describe them as bastard breasts, Yumsky.

It was a race of 2 quarters. But first, I had a magical moment on my 2 mile loosener through the dark and eerie park. Me and Mr Owl had a staring contest which I won when he gave up and silently flew off.

So, the race. I had a plan. A manageable plan. The first 7 miles at 10mm with a r3/w1 ratio; the last 6 miles at 9mm for a 2:05ish finish. That plan, as all my race plans usually do, went out of the window early on. Walking would have caused congestion and disruption. I changed to the FarFar method of R a mile W a minute and stuck to that all the way round. Half way came in 1:01 and then I decided to go a bit faster and see if I could sneak a sub-2. The second half ended up quite tough but I crossed the line in 1:58:56.

Well chuffed with that.

Splits - 

8:49 9:17 9:11 9:11 9:40 9:08 8:58 8:56 8:55 9:02 9:10 9:00 8:40 1:00

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
06/01/2013 at 15:14

and so you should be XB, so you should be 

M...eldy    pirate
06/01/2013 at 17:36

Nice pacing XB

Sleep, eat, bike, eat, work

Its all rock n roll here

06/01/2013 at 17:50

I don't know what Splash is either, but I think I can work it out from what you say (actually it was a film where Daryll Hannah was a mermaid sometime in the early 80s I think!)

Back to you know where tomorrow ... ... still, only 6 weeks till half term, I reckon!

XB - had a sneak preview on FB.

Daffs the shawl looks marvellous - I had peek at your blog!

Off to make tea now - tarragon chicken

06/01/2013 at 18:06

yay, hoobacious plodding, XB  and hoorah for the FarFar method(is that a form of contraception?)

Tarragon chicken, Pippi....Mmmmmmmmm

Nice eating going on there, M...eldy

Am feeling distinctly deflated about going back to work etc as I know there's a shed load of shite waiting for me with no adventures in sight. Erstwhile cycling chum keeps agreeing to meeting and then cancelling and no plod club - oh, boo hoo and woe is me

06/01/2013 at 19:06
Poor yums. Here, have a bit of pizza

Lovely work xb! I'm constantly inspired by you and your plodding

Nicely run fom you dragon lady too!

Pizza in the oven, painting crap nearly cleared, and neighbour just popped in with new adorable dog...
06/01/2013 at 19:28

is the pizza ready yet, Dr Daffy ? What has XB's plodding inspired you to do ?

The miniyums selfish behaviour has soured my evening. . I have confiscated the tv and Sky remote for a week. They may be cocky tonight but it wont last when they realise just how long a week is Trouble is, I miss out on the tv too

06/01/2013 at 19:35

Well done XB! I could only dream of a sub 2 half, even at my best.

(((Yummity)))

I do know what you mean about Splash. I was hoping to see the slebs being taught to dive, but there didn't seem to be much of that.

Alfie is currently hiding in the washing basket. I have put a throw over the top and I can hear him purring

06/01/2013 at 20:18

Well done XB, stonkin' as always

ahh Yums cheer up ! You could get to meet me in a few weeks !!  

ahh Pippi, only 6 weeks and then the next half is really short

Had a lovely day, with H and her family who are like family to me

06/01/2013 at 22:28

Wow, what an impressive bunch!

XB, what a brilliant result, and right to plan! Hats off to you, for sure!  AND you can stare down an owl!!! 

Pippi, those photos are wonderful---love the hydrangea. I do like looking at the world through the lens of your camera!

Well chugged, Dragon Lady!  (And I am comforted to find someone else who's too scared to read the iPad in the bath! I just KNOW I'd drop it....)

Sluggie, big AWWWWW at Alfie in the washing basket! Of course, now that the basket is his you can always collect the washing in a pillow slip 

Yummy! What are you thinking of??? Send the mini's to their rooms and YOU watch the telly!! Make sure they know what they're missing. 

Daffs, raisin bread and house painting in one day---it could only be you!  xxx

That mediaeval hall north of Hereford looked just amazing. Mr C and I drove down that road from Chester to Exeter a couple of years ago, and just loved the whole area.

Waves to Podds, Noggie (now on the slopes, I believe?) , FP, Tubs, Amandax, Larry, Meldy and everyone else---for some reason my pooter is so slow tonight that I can't actually read back further than this page 

3 miles done today; didn't feel like going, but thought of all you stalwarts and thought I'd best get myself out there and of course I felt great when I got back. So thanks, all! What an inspirational bunch you are, you know!  xxx

M...eldy    pirate
06/01/2013 at 23:16

Good evening world

Roll on 7am 

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
07/01/2013 at 05:41

morning all

back to work for me today, I wonder what delights there are in store for me .

oops!

Edited: 07/01/2013 at 05:41
M...eldy    pirate
07/01/2013 at 06:15

oops!    What did we miss? 

About half an hour left for me and then its home time

I think I get to run for 20 mins tonight !!

XB
07/01/2013 at 07:02

Morning

Bleurgh and double bleurgh.

Back into the old routine again

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.