working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

214,021 to 214,040 of 233,051 messages
07/01/2013 at 07:19

morning

Good luck, Sue !

Well toddled. Chuggy Watch out with that inspiration thing - you might sign up for something silly

work here too.  Very quiet. The boys took themselves to bed at 8.30 so I got to watch tv in peace and quiet.  Already I cansense No 2 trying to sweeten me up so they get tv tonight.  *steels her will*

I have popped a note to my sister in the post.Told her I split the money, mentions that at some point in our lives we all need to be forgiven and touched upon the fact that when she found her teenage years difficult, no on gave up on her - so far so good but I may have thrown in a quote from Mahatma Gandhi - 'The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong.'  I have warned my olds.....

07/01/2013 at 07:21
Morning

It would appear that the holiday season has come to an end. Struggling to remember my work passwords.

Bleurgh indeedy

Happy new week one and all
07/01/2013 at 07:25

Mornin!

oops!

Back to it here too, the boy was the first  one up and dressed

I suspect daught is still doing her hair!!

Well Chugged Chuggs

oooh did I miss Noggin departing!?

07/01/2013 at 08:23
Work?? Really?? Bleurgh. At least i don't have to leave the house til wednesday i suppose!
07/01/2013 at 09:03

Morning. And all sympathy to XB, Sue and others wearily strapping their packs back on their backs. 

Melds, it sounds as if things are settling down again so just stick to the 20 minutes and don't push your luck. BTW, have you actually got anywhere new in mind for the FGO, or is it just a general idea? 

Spence! The boy first up and dressed????  I'm well impressed by that!

Yums, you're really good to keep trying with your sister. I can't even remember what started this, but by now the person who has something (a lot!) to forgive is you, not her, so don't blame you for the Gandhi quote!  Hope it starts to break the ice---just remember her reaction will be based on her own head and not on what you said or did. 

DL, forgetting your work passwords is a good sign!  (Tho I hope you can find where you wrote them down  Are we to take it that you are NOT on a train??

We got to enjoy the morning rush hour this morning as Mr C has to have another light treatment for some skin thing. He is NOT good in slow traffic!, fidgets and fumes like mad!!! I've learned to leave him to it. Now the washing and ironing and tidying, then pick him up at 12. He'll prolly need coffee and profiterole to make him feel better.... xxx

07/01/2013 at 09:08

morning

My body hurts from a full on DIY weekend  on the plus side I got in my Janathon traning AND the room looks nice

""Tucks Meldy up in bed and puts the ginger one out""

XB I wish I had a tiny bit of your dedication to running, you are bloody amazing.

Yums - I hope the letter strikes a cord with your sis, but dont get your hopes up, she's got terrible form for making you angry and miserable.  At the end of the day she is missing out on you and the boys and damaged her relationship with the olds.  You can only try.

Happy monday everyone

07/01/2013 at 09:15

Morning All

Monday bleugh My boss has just been in being unbearably cheerful because everyone else is miserable so she feels it's her mission to cheer us all up!!

07/01/2013 at 10:33

Morning,

(((Mr C))), I know that he finds medical stuff difficult and agree that coffee and profiteroles are good medicine in these situations.

(((Back-to-work-ers))) Give it a few hours and it won't feel as if you have been away!

(((Yumms))) your sis is an eejit if she can't see what she is missing out on by maintaining her stance .

I managed to book in for only 30 inutes of aquagym this morning. Thank dog as I am feeling tired and sore after just that! Out for coffee with BFF soon.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

07/01/2013 at 12:51

morning all

work bleurghy bleurgh!

3 miles for me this morning - was rather shocked to see the pace I am running this year compared with the same time last year - but what the heck, at least I'm back at it

07/01/2013 at 13:36

W*rking from  home and it's lunch o'clock - cheese and biscuits - the joy of Christmas that keeps on giving

JFF - I didn't think it was possible to run any slower but 2013 has proved me wrong

Sluggie - you're so trendy with a BFF - do have your own TV show too?

07/01/2013 at 14:08

is it hometime yet

07/01/2013 at 14:11
Yums could you write to my sister too!? Ta muchly!

I've an interval type thing only short but it's what the wall said!
4x400 m it felt awful but I'd set Gazza so I couldn't see and was pleasantly surprised when I got home, if I could only do a few miles at that pace instead of a quarter then a 90sec break!!!!
07/01/2013 at 14:39
I had cheese and biscuits too DL, we're twins!!
07/01/2013 at 15:17
Well runned XB :0)

(((( mr C ))))

((( Yums ))) grr to pain in the arris sisters and stroppy teenagers

Talking of pain in the arris I have given in and rung the doc :0(

Mr Tubs is not helping. He keeps singing "Ring of fire." And laughing.

(((( waisters ))))
07/01/2013 at 16:31

I'm sorry Tubs I really shouldn't laugh at norty Mr Tubs................. 

07/01/2013 at 16:52
Oh dear, poor Tubbs
07/01/2013 at 17:34

PO.dds: feel the fear, do it anyway wrote (see)

I'm sorry Tubs I really shouldn't laugh at norty Mr Tubs................. 

*slaps Podds*

07/01/2013 at 19:38

Survived a day back!

Even been and runned - 3 miles but I went a bit fast and got a stitch when 2/3 of the way round, which made me slow down a bit!

Here, tubs, have some ice!

07/01/2013 at 19:58

Well survived Pippi

and runned

07/01/2013 at 22:02

""puffs up a rubber ring for Tubs"" 

a big woohoo for all the work survivers

Janathon day 7 = 30mins Fat buster DVD.  wish it would only take 30mins to bust all my fat!!!!  I'm finding its not enough so must try to do something more.

Tea anyone

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.