working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

214,061 to 214,080 of 232,853 messages
08/01/2013 at 20:50

evenin

Chuggs I totally agree with WAISTers inspiring others to go for a run, great bunch on here without even knowing it.

Wait for it......

Yep.....

I've only been for a bliddy run.......and it was raining!

This morning i saw a lot of runners as on my way home from work, and all the talk on here got me itching to go.  Pretty hard this running malarkie!  It was only 3.5k in 31 mins but its a start and I enjoyed it.  There was a local running club out too, they were wizzing past me and lightening speed, so dont think I'll be joining them any time soon

Home made leek and pot soup scoffed, think its time for a coffee

08/01/2013 at 21:04
Well done Snaily

I'd love to try them Chuggs !
08/01/2013 at 21:16

evening

I see Chuggs soup must have been pretty indigestible as she keeps bringing it up during conversation

Tubbs, Can't say Mrs Dawg likes going to the kennels much but  she seems to settle and is spoilt when she is there. Most importantly, I know she is in the safest place she could possibly be - other than chez Podds with her boys.

well plodded, snaily. Everyone here is inspirational  - my local club is improver friendly - why not pop along .....

oh fancy, a cat collar cam - that would be so funny especially as we could compare what Oskar, HC, Alfie, Blur of a kitten, NLPS and the GPO and the other pussies get up to

The dog blew me out for a walk tonight. She doesn't even have a limpyleg anymore - lazy bitch

08/01/2013 at 21:22

HC wondering what his new water bowl is all about!

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/450041/gallery/harry_0.jpg?width=350

08/01/2013 at 21:25

We dont like putting HC into the cattery, he does fret and they have to temp him with treats, but he is well looked after and safe.  Though our neighbour has kindly offered to come in and feed him which we'll probably take her up on at some point.

Once he's back at home though he soon settles back in

I've bought him a new water fountain  he still doesnt drink out of it!

08/01/2013 at 21:31

Yums honestly, they were all like racing snakes!  Perhaps if I get my fitness level back up I might join in the spring to keep me motivated.  Now it would be very

i've downloaded a 5k app, this should be fun!

08/01/2013 at 21:36

Tea and bed I think. 

Edited: 08/01/2013 at 21:38
08/01/2013 at 21:55
The New Snaily (again) wrote (see)

We dont like putting HC into the cattery, he does fret and they have to temp him with treats

Hmmmm - now who's the sucker in that relationship?

As my vet once said - no animal ever voluntarily starved themselves to death.....and they'll sucker anyone into feeding them and wrap them round their little finger..............  I suspect if they didn't tempt him he'd soon tuck in to what was provided - bit like a spoilt child really!!

I have been watching the Stargazing - I do like the mix of science and fun they manage to bring together without detriment to either

Aw Yums - how nice to say Cush's fave hollibob place would be with my houndie boys........I'm sure they'd love to have her over to stay

I've been informed by Mr P in one if his rare masterful moments that I am doing the 7am spin class tomorrow........... so guess I'd better organise my bags or else you can bet your bottom dollar I'll end up having to be late to work as I have to buy knickers before going in!!!

08/01/2013 at 22:02
PO.dds: feel the fear, do it anyway wrote (see)
The New Snaily (again) wrote (see)

We dont like putting HC into the cattery, he does fret and they have to temp him with treats

Hmmmm - now who's the sucker in that relationship?

Think you have a point Podds  

08/01/2013 at 22:06
Blimey that's a posh water bowl!!
No point having a cat cam on NTLPS he just sleeps all day, well he is an old boy

I'd like a Garmin on DD though love to know how far she goes on our runs!!
08/01/2013 at 22:22

Why not put yours on her collar then Spence?

08/01/2013 at 22:40
Collar cams would b great :0) Inca would have been straight down a rabbit hole with hers!

I think Oskar will go to the Cattery. Ozzy had a lovely time there. Blue will be fine with Jnr Tubs and I've got a couple of friends who are going to look after the horses. Just need to do Estas and renew holiday insurance. Off to local opticians on Friday to try to improve glasses - struggling to read the chart last time I was in Liverpool in November and I'm not driving at the moment. The blephritis has settled a bit, I've been hot compressing every day religiously, tried my lenses a few times. Vision poor so two years of trying with them I still haven't got lenses that work :0( Will ring eye hospital tomorrow but doubt I'll get any lenses in time for hols.

Well runned Snaily :0) and Chuggy :0)

I missed my walk yesterday, in too much pain but did a mile and a bit today

((( waisters ))))
08/01/2013 at 22:41
Lovely pic of HC Snaily :0) Ozzy used to drink out of the loo!
08/01/2013 at 22:45
Goodness, that'd be interesting spence, do that! Bet she runs about five times as far as you!

Need a bit of inspiration here please too!
09/01/2013 at 07:20
Morning!

Re DD and the collar Garmin, I had thought of it but worried about losing it!

((((WIN))))
09/01/2013 at 07:23

*Wafts inspiring vibes Daffwards*

Blimey, I thought HC had a teasmade!   Yes, DD prolly goes twice as far as you, Spence and doesn't have a a potty mouth

And there was I just about to liken your comments to the miniyums. Podds but you mention spoilt children first! No 2 is hiding under a blanket and asking me to bring him his breakfast because he is cold. A straightforward no just brought about pleading. No doubt he will be a skeleton by the end of the day

(((tubs eyes))))  Vibes galore for optician visit ~~~~ peepers~~~~~~

Hope you've remembered your knickers, Podds - now that would be fun to shout across Podds playground

Family dental trip today - hoorah  

09/01/2013 at 09:22

Morning All

Oooo lucky you Yums - a soon to be skeletal sulky teenager and a family trip to the dentist - you're going to have a great day !!!!!!!!! 

Spence wrote (see)
Re DD and the collar Garmin, I had thought of it but worried about losing it! 

In addition to doing it up normally add a bit of string through the 2 sides and tie up like a safety chain......this can be subsequently cut so can be as tight and secure as you like

((Tubs)) ~~~~~~~~~~Tubbbs' peepers~~~~~~~~

Well - I'm sure you'll all be glad to know I did remember my kegs and spin didn't quite kill me although the instructor was not at all well so we may have got off slightly lightly compared to normal - class about 5 mins short 

Right - loadsa stuff to do today so I'll see you all later @)

*punts Daffs*

09/01/2013 at 09:29

Oops, sorry, that's just the usual result of looking in on a different machine. 

Sluggie, it's really good that Alfie is going in and out so comfortably---he clearly knows where food and cuddles are, and comes back regularly for them! Have you ever tried him on cat sweeties called Temptations? Our two are SHAMEFULLY addicted to them, and if I ever need to get them back in the house, all I have to do is walk down the path rattling the Temptations box! (This is true!)  Glad you're having a restful evening, it sounds like you're still a bit tired from all the jollity on the cruise. 

Rossie and I had a very nice 6.2 km. The barefoot stuff really works for me, because NOTHING HURTS. Not when I run. Not when I get home. Not the next day. Never had that before. And even though I'm VERY slow, there is visible progress. Most of all,  it's you lot that keep me going because every one of you is really inspiring in your own way even though most of you don't know it. 

WAISters ARE THE BEST!!!! xxx

Right, time for a shower, then going to make a giant pot of minestrone!

09/01/2013 at 09:39

Chuggy has some major burping issues!

Morning. Bit ouchy today but in a good way.  The 5k app I've downloaded looks really good, I might even go out again tonight.  Depends how work goes cuz its a bit stressy at the moment. 

A family trip to the Gob Doc, yums u iz evil 

I'd love to know where HC goes, he comes in filthy sometimes so no idea what he's up to.  I fear the the local rodents sometimes!!!  He's taken to sitting in the bedroom window at 5am meowing at the seagulls that seem to wake up at this time.  So he gets a swift boot out the door. 

Right loads to do

09/01/2013 at 09:49

Apologies, I'm belching like after a Mexican dinner! 

Well spinned, Poddles! And I like your vet's saying about animals starving themselves. Sometimes I look at myself, fretting about whether Truffles is eating enough, and realise I'm totally crazy! She is a CAT, she eats when she's hungry!!

(((((((((((((((((((((((Yummy)))))))))))))))))))))

Hope it's not quite as one-of-those-days as it sounds. Why not suggest to no. 2 that he make YOU breakfast in bed? 

Tubs, how rotten that the lenses still haven't settled! It must be both painful and limiting. Do you have specs as an alternative? And what was so painful that you couldn't even walk yesterday?? I know your thumb was out of action last year, but sounds like you have some other injury too  At least you have a super holiday approaching rapidly to look forward to!

Snaily, well done you!! Somehow that first time getting back out there is the hardest. Now that you've broken the ice, so to speak, you'll be fine. Huge admiration for doing it when you are also working and trying to sort everything for your mum. Just remember to work at it SLOWLY (and take your rest days!).  HAve to say, tho, HC is wonderful. What an eloquent posture! Not saying a word, he's making it VERY clear what he thinks of that new water bowl thing!!!

Daffs, not like you to be short of inspiration! Here's some to help you out: 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Daffy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did some new core exercises yesterday, so whichever direction I bend at the moment I can feel it! And I'm glad I got that run in last night as it's tipping it down now! Just skyped with C1, it's ROASTING in Oz. There is no fire danger in Melbourne, but an hour's drive away there are bushfires and they have had to devise a new heat map for the country since temperatures are off the charts, over 40 every day for a week. Ugh!!! Give me the rain any day. 

Right, off to read some interesting legal repartee from 1307. (This is true: the Year Books contain lots of dialogue between counsel and judges, including the bits where they are rude to each other ) WAISt well, all xxx

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.