working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

214,081 to 214,100 of 229,756 messages
09/01/2013 at 12:59

morning all

busy busy - I always forget that the new year means setting up a load of new files and some stupid person has changed the format again - oops that'll be me!

3 miles plodded again

09/01/2013 at 14:03

Afternoonicles,

(((Tubbs))) I do hope that the optician and/or hospital are able to do something to help your eyesight.

Lovely picture of HC who would obviously prefer to drink out of the sink or dirty puddles rather than use his fancy new waterbowl . Alfie always has a bowl of water down but prefers to drink from the tap. I keep the door to the loo firmly closed a I don't want him drinking water with added bleach etc.

Chuggy, it is lovely to hear you enjoying your chugging again. The barefoot running has been a real boon to you .

~~~~Daffy~~~~ not like you to feel despondant.

Sterkte Yumms!

Another lazy day for me. As Chuggy rightly surmised, I am still feeling very fatigued following our holiday. I did pull on a few clothes although I was tempted not to bother! Haven't had the energy to sort out the photos but it is on the 'to do' list.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

09/01/2013 at 14:49

*averts eyes from naked slug wandering by.............*

I think the world has gone mad today - we have GCSE English tomorrow and I've had 3 girls come up to me separately all stressy and tearful about where they're sitting.........what happened to sit where you're put and get on with it ????????

09/01/2013 at 15:38

Holy Carp, when did 12mm start to feel like 10mm!!?

I have done this weekends LSR 8 miles it was however at 12mm just couldn't get it under

09/01/2013 at 16:34

well done Spence! you are rebuilding your base, the pace will return. Well I hope so anyway cos I'm about a minute slower per mile too

09/01/2013 at 17:13

XB appears to be having a marathon entering session...yet to see Chester on the list

Far Far, "J"  and I have jumped into week 3 of a half training planI can't believe how tough 12mm felt!!

XB
09/01/2013 at 17:36

Blimey, this being ill is tiring. Walking up to the bank took it out of me. Running to turn the telly off when Loose Women came on nearly finished me off and now I've got RSI from hitting enter on the entry pages of a few running events.

It looks like I'll have to defer my retirement from Marathons for another year. I just need this flu/cold thingummy to take a hike.

M...eldy    pirate
09/01/2013 at 17:46

Evening all

I see Chuggy has been belching for 2 days 

I think it was Chuggs too who mentioned the 'Temptations'!  You wont need 5 guesses who is also addicted to them in this house (it isnt me)
The GPO has a chair in the kitche, its not there for him you understand, its just that no one else gets a look in and he helps with the catering prep and he may just get a titbit if he sits there long enough, he also has a (ok several) chairs in the lounge and one of which he gets his treats on .... its quite fun to see how quick he can get from one chair to the other....  dodge the flying ginger furball 

Well, meal out last night was so/so .. nothing to write home about, nice to get out with the girls from work as we dont do it much, out again tomorrow night to a friend who is cooking me dinner with a few other girlies and she is an ACE cook so that will be lovely, one girlie has come off her 'oss and has a fractured vertebrae so she is not too happy !

For IM this year I am away for 10 days, not sure what to do with the GPO either, I think he would be happier at home but 10 days is a long time to ask my friend to come in and feed him twice a day, I am sure she would as she passes the door anyway.  Cattery ..... I dont think I'd be invited back 

I did run again today, it wasnt quite so good although I think it may be something I did yesterday rather than todays run which has niggled ... R1/W1 for 14 mins Walk up a bit hill for 7 mins and then R1/W1 for another 14 mins ... anyway icing as a precaution and will assess in the morning
Swam as well ... a very quick 40 mins as I had to return for my purse and was late so I made myself to 100m intervals at my CSS pace (less than 1.40) and was quite happy when it was time to get out !!

Surely a Slug with clothes on would be a Snail ?? 

09/01/2013 at 18:00

ahh it is on his list

Better get myself entered

M...eldy    pirate
09/01/2013 at 18:02

and I went out with my boy and he was a little bit silly 

09/01/2013 at 18:02

LOL meldy

I'd offer to have the GPO but not sure HC would survive!!!

I think that you'll find thats a man flu/cold thingy which is obviously 100% worse than the woman flu/cold thingy!  The cold snap this week should sort out the germs flying round.  Hopefully it'll kill off the little fly things that are around too, really annoying we have enough flies in the summer.

I'm still at work, we have a boarder agency visit next week (my boss said we "never get visited") things are in a mess so have to sort them.  If not there are dire consequences. 

Think Janathon tonight will be core training, legs are very achey and the pool is closed to the public on Wed night.  So on that note I'll back up and go home before my eyeballs drop out from looking at my PC

09/01/2013 at 18:03

well done Meldy

09/01/2013 at 21:14

Well done indeed Meldy!

Just after inspiration for plodding is all And there are two STUPID RIDICULOUS women in my life at the moment who are causing grief through quite different situations - kind of wish they knew each other then I could lock them in a room together and leave them to it

09/01/2013 at 21:18
Oh dear Daffs
09/01/2013 at 21:25

Good going, Meldy, but watch those niggles!

I've run in the fog and the dark! Plan said 4 miles, and that takes me down to the prom. I don't usually go away from streetlights, but thought I'd do what the plan said. It was very dark! It was okay when a car came along to light up the pavement, but I didn't like not knowing how uneven the paving stones were (they aren't too bad), and I followed the white line of the cycle track!. Then I had to slow down and peer into the gloom to see where my road back went (that's on the far side of the prom and grass - it wasn't so dark I couldn't see a turning!). anyway the fog had gone by the time I turned back inland, although it had been quite heavy since lunch time.

Slowly writing out plans for next week ... sometimes it's just a slog!

Watching Africa now, and recording Midsomer for a later date!

M...eldy    pirate
09/01/2013 at 21:27

I will Miss .. I'm logging the recvoery next day too

Africa isan amazing series, what will we ever do without him?

09/01/2013 at 21:28
I don't want to sound judgemental but I'm watching One Born...
What is wrong with these "women?"
Getting pregnant within a couple of months of meeting someone, what about having a life!!?
M...eldy    pirate
09/01/2013 at 21:34

You need to grab the remote Spence  .... far better things to watch

09/01/2013 at 21:35
I don't want to sound judgemental but I'm watching One Born...
What is wrong with these "women?"
Getting pregnant within a couple of months of meeting someone, what about having a life!!?

Bugger forgot about Africa!
Gosh Pippi that sounds well scary!!
09/01/2013 at 21:39
Oh oops!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.