Pippi you need a headtorch

In a previous life I must have been a 'Shoebill'

09/01/2013 at 21:49
I'll have to watch Africa on Catch up!
M...eldy    pirate
09/01/2013 at 21:52

Repeated on Sunday night Spence

09/01/2013 at 22:00

It wasn't that scary - more disconcerting! I do have a head torch but it didn't really seem worth it for a few hundred yards in the middle of a town run.

Africa was a bit sad if you are on the sentimental side ...

M...eldy    pirate
09/01/2013 at 22:03

It is a bit Pippi .. I'd want to run and help them all but the camerman explained it well and the 'festival' at the end was nice 

I need to sleep I think .. already frosty out there so its going to be a sharp one in the morning, that should put a spring in the old mans step again!!

09/01/2013 at 22:05

I missed Africa too, but I beleive a baby elephant died tonight and it was quite upsetting.  I'm usually ok with animals dying as its the cycle of life, but think that will make me cry.  will have to fast forward it.

Spence DONT GET ME STARTED ON "THAT" TOPIC. My mum (who by the way had me when she was 16 and it was a right scandal in those days) drilled it into me, life is for living not just for having kids.  She had it tough raising me, with no help from the social, and she had to go straight back to work full time.   You can get the pill free now, with no parents from the age of 14 for gods sake. AND breathe 1...2...3

Janathon day 9 = 40mins core exercise DVD, not sure i will be able to breathe tomorrow without it hurting.  and I have carpet burns on my elbows....stupid plank exercise

tea, bed, book 

09/01/2013 at 22:09

oppps think i gave the game away

Pippi, thats the big difference I've found living by the sea.  its so dark on night runs, I'm used to a huge housing estate where there is always a lamp glow, its so dark now on my runs and I like to know where my feet are going!

right  now i've spoils Africa for everyone I'm off bed

soz

M...eldy    pirate
09/01/2013 at 22:13

There is an edit button Snaily ...just a little too late now  

09/01/2013 at 22:21
Snaily what makes me sad is having a baby seems to be the be all and end all, the thing that will make everything ok....

And now there's a thing about woman's mid life crisis!!
09/01/2013 at 22:35

Never mind, Snaily---some of us watched Midsomer instead! Amazingly, Mr C managed to stay awake until ti finished at 11,  normally he falls asleep at 10.00 sharp. Comes from  all those years at sea when he had the 4 am watch. 

Melds, sounds like you're well on the way to recovery PROVIDED you don't try to go too fast!!!  LOL at the description of the GOP and Temptations. Oh yes, I know the flying pussycat syndrome  What do they put in those things???

XB, is it the manflu that's got you? Sounds really quite nasty, whatever it is, so take it easy til you're really better. 

Well runned, Pippi, but is there a better-lit route you can take? It's quite nerve-racking when you can't see what's in front of your feet; and I don't like not being able to see who, if anyone, is around. 

Awww, Sluggie, LOL at the idea of Alfie insisting you turn on the tap so he can have a drink. He HAS got you well trained!  And you're quite right to just laze around for a few days til you start to feel more energetic. If you want to stay in your jimjams all day, why not??

Podds,. I can hardly believe anyone could stress about where they're sitting for an exam!!! I've never met anyone who could remember half an hour after the exam where they were sitting! I give in, you'll have to tell me: why on earth does it matter WHERE they sit???

Well done, Spence. The hard runs count double, and if 12 mm feels hard to you, then you get the extra gold star. (I personally would ADORE being able to do 12 mm....) But like FarFar said, this is just the normal process of getting back to your racing fitness. It will come. 

Madame FarFar, if you've only lost a little speed, after the autumn you've had, you've done bliddy well. When there's so much 'life' going on around you, the energy and fitness just have to take second place. Hope the new filies don't turn out to be too much of a pain. 

Daffs, those two women must be VERY stupid and ridiculous if they can rile you! Love the idea of throwing them in a room together to amuse each other. Even if they don't know each other, perhaps you could instroduce them?? 

Feeling quite snoozy now, so I'm off to bed. Sleep tight all. xxx

10/01/2013 at 06:35
Yawn yawnity yawn.

Still, only one more day at work - i'm liking this new four day week business!
10/01/2013 at 07:02
Morning all

It's dark and cold - when does spring get here?

(((((((WIN))))))) I did read back but have retained little

Off on a train, how lovely. Happy Thursday, or as we call it round here 'bin day'
XB
10/01/2013 at 07:06

Morning.

A train, DL? They say a change is as good as a rest.

I've had a little plod. I've got the spectre of my jantastic 5 runs/week looming large. It wasn't a bad run at all so I must be on the mend

10/01/2013 at 07:20

Morning

DD appears to be getting back into needing a poo in the night nonsense Going to have watch when I feed her.

DL, you missed XB's call to enter Chester

That's ok, no need to thank

10/01/2013 at 07:39

morning

Pippi, your run sounds quite fun but the thought of what weirdo might be lurking would take the edge off the fun

LOL Podds, kids are quite lily livered these days and not great preparation for work and real life.

Glad C1 is safe in Melbourne, Chuggs. They're super hot temperatures  - can't be pleasant at all.

Alfie drinks from the tap? A friend says her cat is the same - a strange habit - wonder why

((daffy))) the two women being ridiculous aren't related to Podds kids are they ?

(((XB ))) manflu is awful. You poor thing but if you're that poorly should you be running at all????

Good luck withthe border agency, Snaily - they looking for illegals I assume?

DL, did you manage to get a seat on the steam underground train they ran yesterday ? As you're their best passenger I would have thought they'd be rolling out the red carpert for you

Snaily - never watch Jeremy Kyle - it's the scummy version of one born every minute and further down the line where the parents are at war

M...eldy glad the GPO had a spring in his step

Family dental trip wasno prob and staring kid didn't slip down the drain - work is .... busy and befuddling

10/01/2013 at 11:05

Morning,

(((XB))) sorry that you are a victim of manflu, but glad to hear that you seem to be on the mend.

Meldy, you take care, you certainly don't need a real injury at this stage. I am glad to hear that the old boy still has enough energy to be silly. BTW I think you will find that a snail is a slug with a mobile home .

~~~Daffy~~~ sorry to hear that you have vexacious people around you .

~~~Yummy~~~ 'busy and befuddling' sounds like hard work.

Spence, you will soon build your fitness up again if you WAIST at it.

Chuggy, you are right - Alfie has me rigt under his paw. We have just had a nice game with 'Mr Fevva' - a long stick with a feathery thing on the end.

My BFF has just phoned needing a shoulder, so we are going to meet up for lunch, then I will see my Thursday man this arvo. With eaters' club this evening, today will be a full one for me!

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

10/01/2013 at 12:35

morning all

oh XB - tsk tsk no more marathons indeed

what is it with WAISters and pets

3 miles plodded again  - not quite getting up early enough for any more but I'm loving being back in the habit!

10/01/2013 at 14:38

Afternoon

10/01/2013 at 14:48

Well - what a chaotic day - just taking 5 to actually eat something for the first time and have a drink........sadly non-alcoholic

Gentle Chugger wrote (see)

Podds,. I can hardly believe anyone could stress about where they're sitting for an exam!!! I've never met anyone who could remember half an hour after the exam where they were sitting! I give in, you'll have to tell me: why on earth does it matter WHERE they sit???

To my mind it doesn't but "anxiety" is the new "must have accessory" to being a teenage so we have several demands along the lines of:
- must be in a small room
- must be near a door
- must be at the back where nobody can look at me etc etc

.....and we are expected to kowtow as "every child matters" and we have to give them the best chance for the future blahdi blah.......... the fact that the more we mollycoddle them here the harder it is in the outside world is not something anybody considers and the kids are quite capable of refusing to sit their exams because it's "too traumatic" if they don't get their own way.........and their parents will back them...........

Yums wrote (see)

Pippi, your run sounds quite fun but the thought of what weirdo might be lurking would take the edge off the fun

Isn't that the only reason to go out running ???????? 

Right best get back to it........... 

10/01/2013 at 15:30

Well done, Madame FarFar. Three miles is good, and being able to get out more regularly has to feel great. 

Sluggie, LOL at the picture of you giving a floor show, compelte with feathers, for Alfie's benefit  And with appointments morning, noon and night, for someone who's 'resting' you're quite the social butterfly--which is great!xxx

Yums, glad the family visit to the dentist wasn't too awful. They must be brushing secretly, when you can't see!  Have things at work settled down now? Last autumn there were changes in your line, and in your own work, and everything. Hope you're in quieter waters now. 

Eeeyew, Spence, DD's got you between a rock and a proverbial, hasn't she?? You don't dare ignore her (on your own floor be it!) but the middle of the night?!? Thank dog Rossie performs like clockwork morning and afternoon. Deffo worth trying a change of dinner time, methinks. 

If you managed to get out there and felt OK, that's got to be good news, XB  Hope you're back in full force quickly!

Daffs, a four day week is exceptionally good planning  Wotcher gonna do tomorrow with your free day???

It's official: the last 4 weeks have been the mildest and darkest since 1901! We haven't seen more than a few minutes' glimpse of the sun. Good news: we should get more sun next week. Bad news: it's going to be cold, effective temp down to - 11  Nice cheerful 14 km cycled doing errands today, now off to make more candied peel: C2 is totally addicted to it! 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.