working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

214,161 to 214,180 of 233,104 messages
11/01/2013 at 20:02
How sad pippi

Well run snaily! Need something to get me out the door soon...

Well saved xb i similarly just knocked ??650 off our combined house insurances! Bloody ridiculous.
11/01/2013 at 20:19

I can't visualise it either, but as I only really know the route from the showground (ie Festival) to the market cross/Pride Hill, it's not surprising. I have been to and through Shrewsbury quite a bit, but not enough to visualise it from a map.

Two puddings, Meldy!?!?!

M...eldy    pirate
11/01/2013 at 20:25

Yes  

XB
11/01/2013 at 21:41

Awwww, Pipps. That's sad.

Let's see a pic of your puddings, Melds.

11/01/2013 at 22:31

Oh Pippi, what sad news. But sounds like you were very good friends to him, so you have nice things to look back on and the knowledge that you made him feel noticed and valued.

Spence, bit odd of  Map My Run not to show the streets in Shrewsbury. Have you got the zoom  turned up to max? It shows really, really small streets around here if I zoom in enough, and Shrewsbury's got to be closer to MMR than here is!

XB, what a weird approach from the insurance company. They must REALLY think their customers are daft. Bizarre. They obviously reckon without the likes of you and Daffs! 

Melds, that sounds like everything a birthday dinner should be 

Well runned, Snaily! Hope you have a great weekend and find everything in Stoke in good order. 

C1 has just announced that she's thinking of doing a 200 k race in a few months. Hmmm....not quite sure how to react to that one. Fortunately my reaction won't matter anyway  Time for bed here, sweet dreams all xxxx

12/01/2013 at 00:08

Evening all

Just been to see the Les Mis films and it was brilliant - the whole cinema was weeping like babies for most of the last hour, including the gym type muscle bound boy friends who'd obviously been dragged along under protest

I've never seen the stage show but always loved the music but having seen the songs in context was so emotional - so busy trying to keep it under control that when the lights went up nearly had a complete bawling fit from pent up emotion  Off to bed now with a nice sensible magazine to try to come down a bit.........

See you all tomorrow

12/01/2013 at 08:37

Morning all. Cold and frosty here this morning and just heard on the Beeb that rain turning to snow later is in store for some of you, so be careful on the roads!

Podds, Les Mis was a great show, wonderful music and a fantastic libretto (hard to believe it wasn't written in English) but people say the film is much more emotionally gripping, and it sounds like it was! Hope you managed to get settled enough to sleep 

Still trying to get through all the chores etc that piled up in December. Then a cycle into the village, maybe a wander down to watch C1 play fruitbowl. The excitement is intense..... 

12/01/2013 at 08:41

Sounds great Podds I confess I don't even know the story

200k race Chuggs?! Quite right about your reaction being ignored though

I am out of bed and dressed in running clothes - might just make it to parkrun for first time in about 3 months!

12/01/2013 at 08:44
Morning

It's snowing ! I need to get out of my pit and do 3 miles!!

Now I saw Les Mis on stage in Edinburgh and I didn't like it, too long, to operary for me... But I was a mear slip of a thing then, so might try again....when it comes on the telly!!
M...eldy    pirate
12/01/2013 at 08:46

Good morning all

The haul continues:

2 x Green & Blacks assortment
The Feed Zone - cook book
Team Sky 21 Days to Glory
Olympics 2012 - Official Commemorative Book

Plenty or reading matter to keep me amused

I am not sure working a 10 hr shift the day after ones birthday is strictly legal

M...eldy    pirate
12/01/2013 at 08:47

Yep ... just started a few flakes here as well Spence

12/01/2013 at 08:49

Oh dear, Podds, don't think I'll go to see that as I found Bambi traumatic.

I did laugh at Percy the Purple Penis though - very teenage school kid And LOL at Sluggy and her optimistic biology and english student

Blimey Dayy, how much did you reduce your insurance by? Odd dontcha think that when I use a comparison site say for car insurance, the quotes can range from under £200 to over £1000

XB, your are a genius solving the leccy problem. I didn't know there could be fuses in light switches  but I could have done some basic elimination and realised where the prblem was, if not what it was

M...eldy two puddings, what a hoobacious burfdee meal - my invite clearly got lost in the post

Awww, Pippi, that's sad about your neighbour - apart from WAISters, lovely people are few and far between

200k race for C1, chuggs? All running or other modes of transport e.g. bike, kayak?

Cold here! Snow later tonight possibly. Olds wedding anniversary today  - 56 years and they're off to see Les Mis - they've not been to the cinema for over 30 years - guess they're gonna miss the organist rising out the floor and the usherettes   I spread one wage to cover two teenagers and a dawg. I could live more frugally as long as there is cake, wine, wimmin and song

12/01/2013 at 08:50
I need to take DD out if nothing else and I only need to do 3 miles....

But still I'm watching it through the crack of the curtains!!
M...eldy    pirate
12/01/2013 at 09:20

Morning Yums

SPence its more or less come to a stop here so I am sure you'll be fine

12/01/2013 at 10:01

Been

Anyone want to rub down a muddy dog?...

and I mean DD!!

XB
12/01/2013 at 10:07
Yums wrote (see)

XB, your are a genius solving the leccy problem. I didn't know there could be fuses in light switches  but I could have done some basic elimination and realised where the prblem was, if not what it was

It's an unusual switch with the fuse holder right next to the switch.

Need need need need need need need.

12/01/2013 at 10:41

oh you got my hopes up there, Spence

I need too, XB - doubt its the same need though

Now, taking the car to meditation would be far warmer and comfy than getting togged up and taking my bike and mean I arrive serene but I wont get that smug, holier than though glow when I get home and feel justified in eating my cayke I just bought from Mrs Bun the baker  - @rse !

M...eldy    pirate
12/01/2013 at 11:04

I would happily spend a few hours on my bike than be here today!!

I might leaf through my new foodie book and see what delights I can dream about

12/01/2013 at 11:37
The need thing was directed at me Yums!!

I must refrain from saying "I need to run" and say instead "I want to run"

It's a work in progress!
M...eldy    pirate
12/01/2013 at 11:57

Is it time to go home yet?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.