12/01/2013 at 12:54

Been

Anyone want to rub down a muddy dog?...

and I mean DD!!

12/01/2013 at 12:56

oh oops!!

sorry

12/01/2013 at 13:59

Glad you went anyway Spence! But quite agree 'I want to run' or even at a push 'I am GOING to run' is much better than 'I need to run' - turns it into a choice, which, after all, it is! Own it!

I didn't run in the end... Digestive system unusually gripey, so thought it best not to be running round fields... Did an hour of pilates instead and washed all the sofa covers (completely unheard of), which I reckon counts at least as a double session of running

12/01/2013 at 16:06

I had my long (ish) run this morning. I didn't want to go either, having woken up with a "perhaps I'm getting a cold" feeling. But I went, because "I'm going for a run"! Plus, if I don't I'll never be ready for Shrewsbury half or even LIverpool in March which I haven't entered yet as I don't want to tempt fate - I'm waiting till after January as every other time, something goes wrong!

Very cold here - wind coming from the east or that general direction, not off the sea.

12/01/2013 at 16:18
Well run Pippi

Yums, do your boys play 'Minecraft' on the X box!?
12/01/2013 at 16:25

I've booked cinema tickets for tonight (Life of Pi) and festival tickets for Shrewsbury in August. I'm also downloading my Christmas CDs which I haven't got round to before.

I was quite interested in Les Mis until I saw it was the musical (I don't like musicals ...) but I might be tempted if it really is good. I have read the first volume (twice) but not the second. The trouble is I put it down once I finished the first part and didn't get going on the second volume in time!

M...eldy    pirate
12/01/2013 at 16:39

I am off home ... if I am awake long enough I shall return later !!!

12/01/2013 at 17:02

Mr P has come up with a cup of coffee and a dress I bought in the sales which has just arrived and it fits! and I even like it!

12/01/2013 at 18:09

You're on a roll, Pipps: successful sale venture, good run this morning, Life of Pi tonight---great stuff!

Sweet dreams, Your Meldiness  You might need a bit of shut-eye after yesterday's jollifications!

Awww, Daff,s hope the digestive bits have settled by now. But I am in awe: I have NEVER washed all the sofa covers!!! In my book that counts as MANY running sessions 

Good thinking, Spence. Nothing can put you off an activity faster than feeling you 'have' to do it. Chug cos you like it, or cos you have a race---but there's no one who can tell you you 'have' to!

Bizzy day. Biked into the village this morning, brisk walk this arvo to the club to watch C2 play fruitbowl (really cold standing out there!).  Now trying out a beef casserole: we have 12 people coming to lunch when we're in France (going down next week), so testing on Mr C and C2. Being a veggie , I have no real idea what this stuff tastes like!  Now a nice lazy evening, I hope.....

12/01/2013 at 18:19

morning

night, M.........eldy - sweet dreams  - oh and BTW, I left my bike out but you didn't use it.

Noo dress for the cinema, Pippi? How decadent Bravo for Mr P spoiling you - trust me, a cup of anything brought to me is being spoit.

Spence, don't know about minecraft on XBox - my two play COD, FIFA 13, GTA (we keep the sound off) and Black Ops - yes, I know but t'was their favver who allowed it - I will ask the chilblains.

I put on my cycle base layer top and another top and a fleece and my fluo jacket and a tube under my helmet and I was reet toastie if a leetle windswept on my ride. No snow yet buttomorrow I may try a teensy weensy test plod as hip has been feeling ok even after badminton yesterday

M....eldy, I hope the missing WAISter have left an excuse not on your desk - very quiet in here today

12/01/2013 at 18:54

Evening,

Have ony just picked up pooter today.  But we have been out and booked a long-weekend in Paris in April .

Afraid that we were not keen on Les Mis musical. The last 1/3 was OK but we nearly left before that stage cos we were bored . I don't think we will be paying to watch the filum!

(((WIN)))

WISt well xxx

12/01/2013 at 20:56

Evening

I have swimbled  just as well really as it will be the sum total of my activity this weekend as I am marshalling again tomorrow - it is going to be seriously seriously exposed to the current weather - but hey - you warm up and dry out afterwards......2 years ago at the same race I was marshalling in horizontal snow....t'was quite funny!!

Sluggy - I never watch films, not in cinema nor on tv and having had only 2 hours sleep the night before I was fully expecting to struggle to keep my eyes open but I have to say I was gripped right from the start although it's true the "teary" stuff is in the last 1/3rd or so but at no point did I switch off which is almost unheard of!  having said that of course one man's meat another man's poison and all that

Off to find clean PJs now and then prepare my arctic layers for tomorrow

12/01/2013 at 22:21

(hangs Podds several thermal layers) Guess you'll need to be layered like an onion if you're standing around marshalling tomorrow, Podds. Well done you!

Sluggie, like Podds said, one man's meat. I enjoyed the musical, mostly FOR the music, but am not too keen to go see the film cos lots of emotion swilling around isn't my thing. 

Yums, gold star for cycling in the icy winds! You're a clever girl to dress for it---that way you can even enjoy it  And excellent news on the hip, be sure to let us know how it goes tomorrow. Cycling seems to balance out chugging, complementary muscles or something, so maybe that's what helped with the hip? 

The casserole took longer than I thought---I'm a carp cook, EVERYTHING takes longer, but they liked it  Time for bed now though. Sweet dreams all and warming vibes to Podds for tomorrow!  xxx

12/01/2013 at 22:34
Can i stop painting now?? Please??

Yawn yawnity yawn...
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
13/01/2013 at 07:11

morning all

I must say that I love Les Mis, I've seen it twice in the theatre, I have the book and the CD and DVDs of the anniversary concerts . Like Chuggs, it's the music that gets me, but the story line is also complex and has elements of love, tragedy and political struggle. The inner struggle of Javert when he realises that his values that he has held all his life need rethinking is fascinating (if you are me that is). I suppose I see reflections of that with people I work with, people often develop mental health problems when life throws up ideas that conflict with what they have always felt is absolute truth. Javert, takes the only pathway that makes sense to him - suicide. There are characters in the book that come from all walks of life with different culture and values, their individual stories are woven into a complex tapestery that criss cross into each others lives in quite a clever way. That's my opinion for what it's worth 

You can stop painting now Daffs

M...eldy    pirate
13/01/2013 at 08:02

Good morning all

I seemt o be having a few pooter issues today so couldnt actually post earlier  

As you can see I didnt make it in again yesterday, it was 6pm by the time I got home, I packaged up some shoes to return (shock horror) wrapped a present, sewed a few lines of my recent project and then I was in bed with Chrissie by 8.20, I always need my sleep after an early and it means I feel slightly more refreshed by my secon early!!

Yesterdays haul of birthday presents included 'The Feed Zone' which was on my Amazon wish list, Team Sky 21 days to Glory which I will look forwards to and the BBC 2012 Commemorative book which will tail the year off nicely, I had also recently brough the DVD box set so once I work out how to use my dvd player it will keep me amused!!

13/01/2013 at 08:35
Morning

Daffs, stop painting and bring us a cuppa, there's a love

*hands Podds Nana Suta's* thermal vest*

*Nana Suta was the nana of my best friend at school. When she died I was about to go travelling in China and my friends mum gave them to me
20+ years later they are still going strong !!!
13/01/2013 at 08:51

Morning. Bright and co-ho-hold here!

OK, Daffs, you can put down the paintbrush now. Here's a nice tray of hot coffee and some Christmas stol that we're eating up, it's still nice, have some!

Sue,  what a brilliant description of Les Mis! Makes me want to go back to it, since all I really was interested in was the music. I bet you can read the great Russian novels, too, can't you?  I can't, and have always regretted it. Maybe your profession does equip you better for dealing with lots of complex human interactions. 

What a lot of nice prezzies, Melds. If I didn't know better I'd say quite a few people actually like you!  

Awww, Spence, what a nice story about the thermal vest. It's nice when you can wear something that reminds you of someone special, isn't it? Think that's one of the reasons I have lots of scarves, I love them and one Chuglet or other gives me one every Christmas!

C1 did a half. Her knee went so she hobbled 7 k to an aid station where they iced and strapped and she hobbled the last 6 k of the race. She confided this to me at 4 am by sms.....  (Question: why could Mr C sleep right through the loudest howls of three babies in sequence, and wakes up grumpy if an sms comes in???) 

Anyway, off to yodel tunefully in church. If it's not too bliddy cold I want to get in a chug this arvo cos I THINK chugging fixes my lower back. It seems to be tight when I don't chug and comfy when I do. Is that possible???

Happy days all! xxx

13/01/2013 at 09:33

ahh bless C1, well done that girl

Oh and yes, Mr Spence manged to sleep through babies crying but tuts when I have the light on reading!!

13/01/2013 at 13:14

Afternoon,

Men eh?  Who would have them?? MS used to sleep through the night feeds etc, but these days is sleeping very poorly and is up for a couple of hours most nights. I am nicely medicated and sleeping well at the moment .

Podds, I do hope that you are swaddled up well. There is nothing between you and the frozen north, so no wonder you get the cold winds.

Lovely story about the thermal vests, Spence.

Daffy, I hope that you have stopped painting by now!

Chuggy, before my disc popped completely I used to find that running would loosen up my back. I hope that you manage to get out and that a little chug does the trick.

Nice haul of pressies,Meldy

Some years ago, SM gave me a video of Les Mis. I was surprised to discover that it was just a straight film, not the musical, and I really enjoyed it. It emphasised different elements of the story (for instance, why the hero was imprisoned in the first place) and was very good. I think the musical might have been better split into more equal parts - the first act was about twice as long as the second - and I thought that the best music was in the second part. Maybe I will have to give the book a go - although I haven't read many classics and certainly can't get on with the Russian authors.

Yesterday MS asked me what I would like to do today. He forgot to mention that he was going to spend much of the day doing chores! It is good that he has some dry weather in which to do things, but it seems such a shame to not take advantage of a sunny day! Oh well, these are things that must be done if we want to sell the house, so I can't complain

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.