working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

214,201 to 214,220 of 229,945 messages
XB
13/01/2013 at 15:40

Afternoon

I've no wish to see Les Mis. I'm so shallow when it comes to films - give me Turner and Hooch or Big rather than have my emotions challenged.

I'm back in the sick bay. We were supposed to go for a walk on the beach today but I've been left home alone. My get up and go has got up and gone. It means that I'm not going to get 100% for Jantastic.

M...eldy    pirate
13/01/2013 at 15:50

XB that doesn't sound like too much fun?

13/01/2013 at 16:25

(((XB))) better to rest up now than end up really unwell.

We managed to get out for a little bimble along the prom. The temperature was only just above zero, but it was bright and dry with almost no wind, so it actually felt warmer. We are now enjoying a mug of mulled ginger each.

13/01/2013 at 16:33

Better to rest and get better properly, XB. Have a distant (()) (I don't want to catch it!)

Life of Pi was very good - we were both really impressed with it. It's some years since reading the book and it made me want to go and read it again!

I did a bit of gardening which involved weeding a bed where I've put veg the past few years, then digging out the compost bin and spreading that around. Kept me warm ...

13/01/2013 at 16:39

((((((((((XB))))))))))

Wot Sluggie says. Better let the Janathon average drop a bit and get properly well. Hope you do feel better quickly, this is a bit of a drag for you! (And I tend to share your taste in films: don't usually want to come out all emotionally churned up!) 

Ooooh, a seaside walk and mulled ginger! Sounds like an idyllic winter day, Sluggie )))

4.5  km. done. I didn't want to go, but thought of you all and especially Podds, marshalling in these temperatures, so I went. It was pretty chilly (-1, effective temp -6) but that made for a brisk pace and short walk breaks And thank you again, Secret Santa, the running gloves are fab! ! Really glad I went, time for a shower now. 

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
13/01/2013 at 16:52

afternoon 

sorry you are crook XB, there is a nasty thingummy doing the rounds that is leaving people sluggish and no energy. Rest and recover, you'll be fine in a week.

Done my 12 miles today, it was a bit cold! I had to keep my gloves and running jacket on. A lovely sunny windless day though.

I also did my early Sunday walk with my mad friend and the muppets. Heidi has a bit of a cough - caught it off Shaddow - so I wanted to make the walk shorter but not risk coming across other dogs in case she shared it with them! So, we decided to do the common - big mistake. For us, not the dogs. It was muddy in the extreme and we sort of got lost. We weren't really lost cos we could see the houses in the distance, but it took some negotiating across muddy marshy bogs to get to the gate. The wild ponies were gossiping among themselves looking askance at these two mad women in their 60s sloshing up to their knees in mud. My friend found a stick to help her along, but Shaddow kept trying to steal it out of her hand. After all the only use sticks have are to chase right?

13/01/2013 at 17:17

{{{{{XB}}}}}

Well run Dragon and Chuggs

I've entered Chester!? Lord knows why I bleeding well hated it with a passion last year  well I do know why it falls on J's 50th birthday and it seemed rude not to!!
Also booked hotel £23 for a family room!! What a bargain..shame it's like trying to sleep on Broad Street on a Saturday night!! 

M...eldy    pirate
13/01/2013 at 18:00

Sounds like a fun walk Dragon !!

Well chugged Chuggs and especially in these temps, I have shelved mine for tomorrow, the last thing I want to do is turn out again tonight!!   I think we all need some of Sluggys ginger mull 

Nothing like a marathon entry to find your motivation Spence !!

13/01/2013 at 18:21

evening

LOL at Sue , muppets and mad friend doing the Maldon mud race in Wales

(((XB))) Manflu ?  You poor love

sounds like a nice promenade , sluggyand mulled ginger - that will make you glow - perhaps XB should have some

well chugged, chuggy though it sounds a bit nippy. Do you think Podds has turned into a snowman yet ?

I was thinking about reading the life of Pi having seen the film, Pippi

I have been a little bit domesticated. I even managed a run/walk with mrs dawg and neither or us ended up limping - hopefully I'll be toddling with the run group again soon

13/01/2013 at 18:34

ooh well done Yums

I've had a bloody revelation!

The boy hates reading, but he loves his X-box so......reading = extra X-box time

He's read six pages today, that normally takes six evenings

I'm blinkin' amazing me!!

13/01/2013 at 19:04
Make that seven
M...eldy    pirate
13/01/2013 at 19:16

Whoop 

13/01/2013 at 19:45
and make that eight!
M...eldy    pirate
13/01/2013 at 20:11

He's on a roll !!

13/01/2013 at 20:13
I've been looking at the NHS weight/height graph I'm now border line over weight

I'm seriously thinking; for the first time ever,of joining Slimming World. I need help in the will power department!
M...eldy    pirate
13/01/2013 at 20:15

Spence have a word with yourself.   Overweight my arse.

13/01/2013 at 20:16
He said "OMG! I've never read so much!"

;-)
13/01/2013 at 20:19
According to their graph!!?
I have put some on over the last few months.

When I started to run I lost some but have since put almost a stone back on!
Everything feels tight, my work trousers are so far up the COMA it's not funny!!!!
13/01/2013 at 21:12

M...eldy has an overweight @rse ? I didn't realise there was a Mr M...eldy.

Well done the boy. Trouble is if he reads War and Peace you'll never get him off the Egg Box. Spence, honey, I doubt you need WW - just follow the Anne Widdecombe diet book. It's very short. just two pages with EAT LESS, MOVE MORE written on them - no need to thank me  I am just trying to picture your trousers hubba, hubba

Sis has been lunching with Mummy today. She took my letter to show them.Mother said she thought I had been quite tactful. Sis is angry. From what Mum has said sis is planning to respond but phrases like 'Yums hasn't apologised but it's too late now anyway' make me think it wont be a snuggly wuggly reply. Apparently sis is angry I mentioned her past - well, I said ' when you struggled as a teenager, no one gave up on you' When I could have said  'when you were sectioned/lived in the unit for children with behavioural issues etc, etc. Curiously, sis let on my good for nothing bro in law had told her it was time to bury the hatchet - sadly it seems she may want to bury it in my head. So, it looks as though you were right, Spence/Snaily et al.

M...eldy    pirate
13/01/2013 at 21:12

Will slimming world give you motivation more than entering a marathon and training for it?

and sooo tomorrow, go and see the FGO, may even get out for a wander round the lanes snow permitting
Do another rehab run (last one was on Wednesday)  I may continue the trend of 1 on 1 off x 3 and then 3 days off ... no real reason
I shall then swim and then go to work until 2am .. rock n roll

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.