working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

214,241 to 214,260 of 234,426 messages
14/01/2013 at 07:28
That's right xb except there are 4 rules extra one is

Eat whatever you fancy

(that's my favourite!)

Works really well for me - if i'm hungry and really fancy cake i have it rather than avoiding and feeling deprived and having more later. I did worry that i'd always fancy cake and nothing else... But turns out body has more sense and when i really listen to it, it usually really fancies pasta or risotto or soup...

That mad bit is in the book yums but it says to skip unless you want to make yourself avoid a particular food forever, so i ignored it.

excellent weight loss for you fp, well done!

6 hours of trains for me today, off to see if thhe predicted travel chaos has materialised...
14/01/2013 at 07:30

Morning

I'm so glad I'd finished my breakfast before I read your post Yums

well done Podds

Well done on the weight loss FP  I have ordered a book and I'm going to imagine Meldy's face everytime I go into the staff room!!

Tis the will power I lack and school is the problem...I've had a word with myself!

Pathetic amount of snow here

14/01/2013 at 07:31
Morning. Have to cycle into the village to leVe my bike for a long-overdue maintenance. It's -6 out there. Cooooooolio! Then with Mr C for his other skin treatment.

Back later, but happy days all. Xxx
14/01/2013 at 07:33
P.s. i thought the Mc Kenna book was good too but the best diet advice ever is the simplest:

Eat real food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

Xxx
14/01/2013 at 08:41

Morning each,

we're back from altitude training.  We had a fabulous time and skied very hard.  Much more later.

Typically, HL has come back with a cold - everyone we met seemed to have one.  I picked up food poisoning on the last day and spent the most uncomfortable journey of my life yesterday.

14/01/2013 at 10:04
Goodness noggs, poor you, sounds vile! Hope you recover soon. Welcome back!

Vibes to mr chuggs ~~~~~~~

On train, will wave to dl
14/01/2013 at 11:34

Morning

Phew - and what a morning

Woke to around 3 inches of lovely fluffy snow which the dogs - especially Sharkey - absolutely adore (as do I ) but we could only have a short walk as I had to be in work around 0730

Once in work checked who'd missed their reporting deadline and several teachers had including one head of dept who has never made a deadline in the 2 years she's been employed here.............

Then 3 GCSEs to get up and running - including 2 kids who'd gone to lessons instead and one who the form tutor had marked present but was in fact absent but we had to ascertain first whether or not he was actually here.....

And then to cap it all off the fire alarm went off mid GCSE...........

My Monday of joy overrunneth 

Back later - much paperwork to do now!

14/01/2013 at 13:32
WB Nogs, hope you feel better soon!

~~~~~~~~~~~Mr Chuggs~~~~~~~~~

I turned down choccie and cake at school

There's an amber weather warning so thought it best not to run
14/01/2013 at 13:55

Holy cow, Podds, that''s several weeks' worth of crises in one morning! no wonder standing outside in sub-zero temperatures for hours on end seems like fun by comparison! Great photos, though, and a big cheer to you for marshalling. 

And cheers too for FP---that's a very impressive slimming success, lass! You must feel brilliant! 

Daffs, hope your train wasn't delayed this morning and that you're already on the way home. The snow seems to be creating the usual travel problems so we want all WAISters home safe. 

And speaking of home safe, WELCOME HOME YOUR NOGGINESS! Great that you had such a good time, but what a horrible trip you must have had!  Hope you're feeling better by now. We are impatiently waiting for a full report with pictures. (See above: Podds has set the bar high in this respect now!) 

XB, how are you feeling now? Is the manflu departing??

Yums, wot everyone else said about your sis. Weirdly, it's nothing personal to you: it's ALL about her. Making it 'all to late' is her way of making sure she never has to let go of this excuse for venting her own frustration. There is nothing you can do that will affect her. She's in her own world. My SIL is the same: it's tragic, but the best thing you can do is let go. Alas. 

Mr C refused local anaesthetic so is feeling a wee bit fragile now but not too bad. Food helped. I'm going to walk 5 k into the village now to collect my bike. It's extra fun cos it's now snowing heavily: pretty, but I'm hoping it won't be slippery. Friend of C2's is coming to stay: mum lives in Oz, dad here with second wife who is so utterly poisonous to the friend that he can't bear to be there. Glad to have him here---it's all such a shame as he's an absolutely lovely lad. Why do people act like that? 

14/01/2013 at 13:57

Good girl, Spence! It can actually be quite hard to summon up that willpower when everyone else is scoffing away. And with an amber alert, yeah, running is not a bright idea!!

14/01/2013 at 14:05
Not sure what part of the country is on amber alert mind you Chuggs
How lovely that C2's friend can stay with you

I'm sitting reading in front if the log burner
Daught wants me to read The Hunger Games, she said "so we can talk about the story" how lovely is that

I'm going to struggle with it as I find the whole concept upsetting she couldn't understand what I was going on about!
14/01/2013 at 15:04

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

14/01/2013 at 15:10
Oh dear!

*hides behind sofa*
M...eldy    pirate
14/01/2013 at 16:50

Bad day at the office dear?

My day is just starting  

I ran .. for 40 mins, R2/W1 and it was ok        and it was in the snow  !!!

I saw the FGO in the snow and chucked him out in the field

14/01/2013 at 16:53

aaaaaarrrrggggghhhh

just thought I'd join in  annoying day here! looks like all of our snow has been washed away now

14/01/2013 at 17:10
*retreats back behind the sofa!!*
14/01/2013 at 17:53
Do you think Nogs is still on the toilet!?
M...eldy    pirate
14/01/2013 at 18:00

I tend not to think of things like that Spence ....

14/01/2013 at 18:03
Yes, I wish I hadn't!!
14/01/2013 at 18:08
P.s. i thought the Mc Kenna book was good too but the best diet advice ever is the simplest:

Eat real food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

Xxx
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.