working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

214,261 to 214,280 of 233,030 messages
14/01/2013 at 18:21

Good girl, Spence! It can actually be quite hard to summon up that willpower when everyone else is scoffing away. And with an amber alert, yeah, running is not a bright idea!!

14/01/2013 at 18:29
Staggers in and leaves large pile of (((( hugs))))

I have succumbed and going to see doc on Weds. Sigh. Eaten nothing but fruit smoothies and home made veg soup for days, still in pain so throwing the towel in.

On the plus side I've managed to walk a mile plus every day apart from last Monday when the pain was too much.

((((( waisters ))))
14/01/2013 at 18:30

Burp! Sorry about that, I've gone back to the laptop now....

Podds, what on earth has happened now? You have to tell us after that!

And FarFar, surely there was more to that howl than just sympathy with Podds? 

Sounds like a rough start to the year for some 

But good news on your front, Meldy. Does the FGO enjoy snow? 

Spence, how lovely that Miss Spence wants to talk about a book with you.....but I would flinch at the Hunger Games too! I think the theme is actually quite disturbing. Let us know whether you warm to it if you read it. 

After 3 hours trudging around in the snow, I'm whacked. Walked 6 k through the snow into the village, did errands, picked up bike, walked home through more snow cos I was afraid to cycle, you can't tell where it's slippery. Coming back through the woods just as the lights went on was beautiful, but I feel very tired and sleepy.

Thanks for the vibes for Mr C, he's not feeling that brill and says if he ever has to have this treatment again, he'll take the anaesthetic! But C2 and friend are chattering away happily. Dinner is nearly ready, thank dog, then I'm going to flake!

14/01/2013 at 18:33

Oooh Tubs, you do sound uncomfy! Hope the doc can give you something that will help. Big gold star for managing to keep walking during all that! 

It really hasn't been your season, has it, with the thumb and the eyes and now this.... Hopefully you will soon have seen off the bad luck and will start to feel really properly better!  xx

14/01/2013 at 18:34
Five trains so far for me today, i'm worn out and still got another train and a bus to go.. yawn!
14/01/2013 at 18:40

Evening,

Crikey Podds, it must be bad if you fel the need to scream! Well marshalled, BTW, it must count at least double in that weather.

~~~Mr C~~~ I hope that he is feeling a it less fragile, although I spect he will be a bit sore for a while. How nice that C2's friend is able to find a refuge with you.

Spence, I find that saying 'no' to food does get a little easier once the sugar is out of my system - but it is easier now that it is not in front of me all the time at w*rk.

Welcome home Your Noggyness. I am glad hat you had a hoobacious time - but that journey home must have been pretty grim .

(((Yumms))), I think the others have said it all about your sister. As long as she can hold a grudge against you, she doesn't have to look at her own behaviour.

It has been cool and wet here today, but not freezing. It does feel as if the temperature is dropping now though - I will soon be settling down with a hottie and a warm pussy .

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

14/01/2013 at 18:45

Evening - can I please go home now - it's 6.45pm and I've been here since 7.45am without a break and tomorrow is likely to be more of the same

On the plus side I've missed running club though 

Mr P up at hozzie getting his scan results and discussing next step with surgeon so at least we may know a little bit more where we stand later on today

I think I might have had enough of this week and it's only going to get worse now...

Laters

(((((Tubs and Mr C)))))

14/01/2013 at 19:06
(((((Tubs)))))

A friend has left me feeling really guilty as her roof is leaking and Mr Spence has too much on his plate to help. She is divorced and Mr Spence ( being so good at everything) has become her first port of call. He's done lots as favours and I feel now she's taking the p*ss!
M...eldy    pirate
14/01/2013 at 19:09

She is taking the p1ss, Mr Spence has helped and YOU are feeling guilty??

I think you need to rearrange your brain  x

14/01/2013 at 19:18
Me again.
I've been in bed virtually.since we got home yesterday. It's likely I have the noro bug (so says a nurse)

Now I can join the chat about weight loss!
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
14/01/2013 at 19:25

lol Meldy, but you are right 

poor Tubs, not nice, not nice at all

I'm 'reading' the Hunger Games on audio book having watched the film. Yes, very disturbing in a sort of Lord of the Flies kind of way, it indicates that we have not really moved on from our primal selves. 

The life that I see in my work reinforces that in a way. Some things that go on (and Meldy will agree I'm sure) are pretty shocking. 

I have the trilogy in my library so I'm hoping that the heroine in the first book manages to turn things around, she is in her way, a decent sort.

14/01/2013 at 19:25
Oh dear Noggin

I know Melds, she can't afford to pay someone. But as Mr Spence pointed out she has just had a 25k + loft conversion!
14/01/2013 at 19:28
Yes, I'm going to stick with it Dragon!

and seven pages from the boy this evening!!!
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
14/01/2013 at 19:28

Hello Nogs, you take care of that there noro virus. Plenty of fresh water, even if you think you are losing most of it, you will retain some and your recovery will be the quicker for it.

When you can eat, try some natural yoghurt (preferably the stuff they sell in the health shop), it'll go some way to replacing the lost 'friendly' gut bacteria. Dioralyte will help with the electrolytes, but don't take more than the recommended dose.

14/01/2013 at 22:50

Evening all

I did read back in episodes over the weekend and have, consequently, forgotten vast swathes of news, views and philosophising. So (((((((())))))))) for the stressed, the piled, those with family disputes, the tired, the doctored, those with kids, and those with viruses or other nasties.

Nice to see you waving Daffers, but I was in the car for 4 hours driving down to dragonland through sleet and snow and stuff. I'm here for 3 days - what joy.

Hunger Games - a great trilogy

Les Miserables - ooh, now that was good too - would recommend it to anyone

Need sleep

Haven't run

oops

14/01/2013 at 23:14
Night night DL!

Can't put HG down now!
M...eldy    pirate
14/01/2013 at 23:33

I'd quite like to go home now please

15/01/2013 at 06:41
Hope you're home now meldy!

(((((tubs)))) go and get yourself seen to! Sounds horrid xx

Spence, 'can't afford' is an interesting term. If she's just paid that much for a loft conversion, would 'didn't prioritise' be more accurate? Mr spence can make his own decisions abot what he does for other people. Difficult one, but i'd say it's between them and certainly not your responsibility. If you want to be helpfyl, send her over to the money saving expert forums to learn about budgeting for emergencies! Sounds harsh (sorry...) butmore useful than you feeling guilty!

More trainns today. What's the weather lke? Can't tell from under the duvet!
15/01/2013 at 07:11

Morning

(((tubbs's )))) ouchee.Hope Doc gets your fixed soonest

((Noggs))) ewwwww Not nice and certainly not a nice way to end your lovely holibob.

(((Podds)))) but at least you had 3 inches of snow!  How did Mr P get on at the hozzie?

LOL at brave Mr C. I'm not medical but if they offer anaesthetic then I always take it as it suggests the alternative might be worse. Thank goodness for lunch to restore him. Horrible about C2 chum wicked step mother. What always amazes me is that the natural parent allows it to go on - It is possible they aren't aware I suppose but shame on them if they are and are too lily livered to deal with it.

Where is Westie ? Did he slip away on holibob or is he AWOL?

Only 5 trains, Daffy ? Sounds as though you beat DL hands down - unless you can better that, DL ?

A warm pussy, eh ,sluggy? Not jealous 

Spence, it aint no fun being in your chum's position and she may well ask Mr Spence because she feels safe that she wont be ripped off etc but it isn't right to take advantage of his good nature and skills - she probably can't afford it if she's just spent oodles on an extension but as Daffy said (Ithink) its about priorities and rainy day money.

Not taking the train to Wales, DL ? Don't they go that far ? I seem to recall Ivor the Engine though....

Good point re sis not letting go of her grudge as it means she doesn't have to deal with her behaviour/see things as they really are. I am done with her until she indicates she's open to resolving things.

Nowt doing here. No snow to speak of and the rest is same old, same old

Be safe out there

15/01/2013 at 07:26

Morning

Cheers Daffs & Yums, I do feel guilty as she's my friend but what you say is right and Mr Spence is not mine to volunteer!

I'm recovering from a very strange dream!!

Yums, Podds, Snaily and I are staying at a country pub with all the dawgies. Been on a lovely walk, now sat in front of a roaring fire. The Podds introduces Mr Podds who turns out to be Bouncing Barlist or whatever his name is!!?  (and where has that even come from never meet or had a conversation with him!!!?)  Pn doing that she tries to kiss me!!!  

The shock then wakes me up!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.