working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

214,301 to 214,320 of 234,236 messages
15/01/2013 at 17:23

Evening

Welcome back Snaily and glad Stoke was a success if tiring!

*waves to other WAISTers*

I see Noggy is clearly on the mend given his generous suggestion.................

I am off home shortly - the rest of the day was got through without too much pain but having not eaten a sausage (or anything else !) all day I'm looking forward to my PJs, a warm radiator, a magazine and something to eat..........shame I have to walk the dogs first!

Chuggs - we may have lost our Monday snow but apparently it's coming back over night again...............oh well - Monday's was the best type, proper light and fluffy stuff which then melted quickly and didn't do slush or ice

~Will pop in later peeps

Happy Tuesday (is that all ?) evening

M...eldy    pirate
15/01/2013 at 18:01

Can the snow wait until I get home about 2am please

15/01/2013 at 18:02
Thanks Chuggd, she only wanted me to have her daught overnight in Feb no probs at all. I just hate the drama!!

((((Meldy)))) not like you to feel crock!

Snaily, I've bought the Gastric Band book we can compare notes!!
M...eldy    pirate
15/01/2013 at 18:20

nah .. flippin thing is irritating, its that sore throat thats red & hurty rather than a chestycoff if you see what I mean 

I'm sure i'll be reet  

15/01/2013 at 19:38

Meldy will be reet on her feet in no time   It is an annoying virus though, took 3 weeks for mine to go fully.

I'll let you know what its like Spence.  I tried to stick to the rules tonight, didnt have chips with my tea and 1 B&B (couldnt stand the thought of none as my tea looked so small).  But I think I still ate when I was full.  Need to get the concept of smaller meals, because I really cant leave food on my plate (I blame my nan for making me eat everything when I was younger!!!)  I suppose the book will explain more.

I'm trying to relax a little about food, I'm so hung up on what not to eat, what I should be eating etc.  We'll see how it goes.

Still working, thats because I'm crap at working from home so end up working really late to do what I could have done in an hour in the office!!!

15/01/2013 at 20:04

thats it i'm done, coffee time

15/01/2013 at 20:06
Ewwwwww

Supersize v superskinny!!
M...eldy    pirate
15/01/2013 at 20:41

It would seem Tuesday is the new Friday in the land of bizziness

15/01/2013 at 21:00
Well i'm half way through my new four day week

Book deals with clean plate things snaily!

Get some food down yer neck podds.

Yawn.
16/01/2013 at 07:23

Morning

Blimey it was quiet lastevening!

16/01/2013 at 07:25

Morning each,

Speaking of diets, I managed some plain boiled rice and chicken breast last night.

HL and I are also off the booze until we go to Austria.  Wine is our demon when it comes to weight control, so we've binned it - not even weekends.

I feel better today but will probably stay at home this week.  I have admin to do and the weather is against me so nothing lost.

I got my tax bill yesterday.  I can afford to take my waisterchums out for a low cal, wine free dinner.

Herb tea is on.

16/01/2013 at 07:59

bon voyage, chuggs

Noggs, Fanuary gets my vote - think of the different styles - the Gandalph, ZZ Top, The Goatee

Woop, Woop mr Snaily  Fab news on his 4 years of good health. Glad too he is settling in darn sarf - a pooch is all you need to seal the deal

Sluggy, my apologies, I was glibly refering to those people who just make poor lifestyle choices with food and exercise etc, not those who have deeper rooted issues - I peepd in at weightloss ward on telly last night. The people of Sunderland who need Gastric  bypass surgery. Of the two stories I saw, one was sexually abused as a  child and the other's brother (who she was the responsible adult for) took his own life.

and woop woop on 4 days a week, Daffy - what shall we do on our day off - you choose

(((M...eldy)) funny how none of the WAISter men has offered to rub Vicks on your chest - wimps

(((podds))) You have my utmost admiration for doing what you do so well

Cold here but in a strange lovely way. Plodded the whole of my 1.5 mile route last night and only a teeny niggle this morning - progress - stretch and roll, strethc and roll  - and flippin typical that even in Spence's dream, I dont get to kiss the totty!

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
16/01/2013 at 08:50
Morning
16/01/2013 at 09:00

Morning

XB
16/01/2013 at 09:13

Morning

Stunningly crispily cold here. My favourite type of day. 4 miles bimbled. I'm starting to feel myself again. Oooo errr.

Bon voyage Chuggles and welcome back from the littlest room, Noggs.

A busy day of domestic admin lies ahead. I've already fixed the phone. What next? Hoovering or washing?

16/01/2013 at 09:20
Oo er indeed xb! Washing in machine, hoover while it does its thing did you see beanzie is going to marshall yorkshire marathon?

Working at home today, should probably remove myself from bed at some point then!!
16/01/2013 at 09:26

Morning All

More snow overnight and now bright blue sky and sub zero - what a shame I have to be in work

Oh well - I should be grateful I have a job I guess in these times

LOL at the men being too scared to jump in with regard to Meldy's chest 

Glad to hear that the WAISTer chaps seem to be on the up and vaguely out of their sick beds

Buon viaggio Chuggy

Today can I have a doubly polished halo  please?  Not only have I been to spin before work but I've resisted the large early riser muffin which was waiting for me at school.................

Good to hear the leggie is getting better Yums - I was feeling guilty for all the work I made you do on NYD when we were playing catch up!!

Right - stuff to do - back later

WAIST well one and all

16/01/2013 at 09:55

Morning all, and yes I am still on this planet , Did try to post using one of these smart phone things but failed miserably.
I have done a lot of lurking to see how you are all doing but have been having one of those silly can't be ar*sed few weeks.( Just put it down to age )
Did read that Noggy had a good holiday on the slopes but then ended up with the dreaded tummy bug but appears to be getting over it now. M..eldy also has the lurgy and needs some hot rubs but I just can't get down that far
There are lots of other things that have gone on with Waister relatives and vgood news on Mr Snail.Lots of talk about weight etc but that's normal this time of year and I am in the same boat.
some stalwart plodding going on and Marathon planning for the year ahead and XB back to his plods + Spence going back to Chester so that must be flat.
Chuggy setting off on her long commute so good luck this weather.
I did get back to a bit of plodding and managed a slow 8 miles but my last trip out Monday did just under 2 hours on my feet and another 8+ miles but later that evening my left ankle started playing up and now I'm limping about which is annoying as I never felt any problems during my slow jog so back on the bench again and running out of time.

Well sorry for not mentioning you all ( forgot what had been posted ) so will put a pot of coffee on for now . Play nice

16/01/2013 at 10:31

Oops - snowing again

16/01/2013 at 10:48

Morning,

Good to see you Westie, we did wonder whether you were OK.

(((Meldy)))

Snaily, I am sure that all the running around in Stoke must count towards the Janathon! Woop woop indeed for Mr Snail. Remind us to raise a glass to him on his 5 year all clear

It is very good to hear that the WAISTer men are starting to recover from their lurgies.

Safe journey, Chuggy, I hope the road conditions are not too bad

~~~Podds~~~

Today I will mainly be helping my choir friend with her ESA appeal. She has chronic back problems, moderate/severe astma that prevents her from walking without breathlessness, urinary incontinence following a gynae op - and made worse by the asthma cough, moderate/severe anxiety such that she never goes out alone; she scored zero points at her assessment .

Best get moving then -

((WIN))

WAIST well xxx

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.