working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

214,321 to 214,340 of 234,922 messages
16/01/2013 at 11:26

morning all

welcome back Westie - keep WAIS

overslept this morning but in the spirit of Janathon did a 2 mile plod - I rather like the running every day thing

ooooh its my Bigun's birthday today - I am the mother of a 21 year-old!!! how on earth did that happen?

but my lovely boss finished today, so we're taking him out to lunch - he's fab and I will really miss him  until he's replaced I go back to reporting to the local site manager who is my mad boss! I do love him but he's a pain

XB
16/01/2013 at 13:46

Brrrrr....I've just had a little bike ride to deliver some stuff. I think a few extremities iced up and fell off.

Welcome home Westie. WAIS is the way to go.

Happy Birthday big un.

16/01/2013 at 13:52
Ahh Happy Birthday Bigun' 21 ! Blimey!

Yums, I did have a chuckle to myself that you didn't get a snog!! Enter a race with me and you might get a real one!!

Bon voyage Chuggs

WB Westie was wondering where you had got to!

The parents of the young teacher I work with opened their front door Monday evening ( 11:30 why would you!?) thinking it was their neighbours son. It was a man with a gun demanding their car keys!!!! Her dad slammed the door; on the guys arm got back into the house called the police. The bloke was caught a couple of streets away trying it again!!? ( what a numpty!!)
How scary!
16/01/2013 at 14:00

Flippin eck Spence, glad they caught the nutter and well done on the dad for quick thinking.  Bet everyone was in shock though, scary is an understatement!

Happy birthday Bigun, you deserve a baileys JFF for keeping him alive for all this time.  Sometimes we wonder how they survive, what with stroppy tantrums and not coming out of their rooms for days.  Luckily it usually works out ok though!!! 

Good luck on the ESA appeal sluggy, Mum has one due, that should be a trauma!

XB - hope your bits werent important bits

No snow here, the sky looks "full" though (as my nan would say!)  but its certainly a bit brrrrrrrrrrrr

16/01/2013 at 14:04

Goodness Spence, that is scary!!

21 Jenni?! Crikey!

Welcome back westie Waistering is indeed the way to go

After several million phone calls to IT I've given up on the new laptop and am back on my ancient mac. Felt like I was working the stock market for a while there with 2 laptops in front of me and on the phone. Is it time to stop yet?

16/01/2013 at 14:10

LIke wot Daffs said in the first 3 lines above

Not that I'm time pressed or anything

Laters

PS - were they important bits XB? 

16/01/2013 at 15:35

Happy Birthday Bigun - it doesn't seem possible, does it JFF?

Crikey Spence, that really is scary stuff !

It is bright and sunny again here, although we did have a short snowstorm earlier on - very dry, powdery stuff, I think it would have laid if there had been more of it.

16/01/2013 at 17:51

bugger, local pool has aqua gym on until 7 then its closed.  Run it is then.

Getting a little mithered about our audit on friday, I'll either be a   or I'll get the sack   !!!!

16/01/2013 at 18:04

You won't get the sack Snaily, you've only just got there! And you do an excellent job I'm sure! They'd be daft to get rid of you (and actually, unless you're REALLY crap (which you're not) it'll be far too much effort!)

16/01/2013 at 18:07
Would you have to sack yourself!?
Being the HR person and all !!
M...eldy    pirate
16/01/2013 at 18:14

'Blimey' and 'Crikey' seems to cover it today !!

M...eldy    pirate
16/01/2013 at 18:23
M...eldy wrote (see)

I had a very interesting afternoon at the gym being 'assessed' for marathon training

Started off with 30 mins witha physio (resident at the gym) who did a video analysis barefoot on a treddie and then some strength and flexibility tests, knee extension, timed plank, one legged bridge et.c
30 mins sports massage to pinpoint any issues or pick up any issues from the physio ( tightness on lateral side of calf - both sides)
30 mins with personal trainer who I had seen before so she was able to guage what more I needed and to see what I had improved in already ...

All for nothing .. very worthwhile for me,physio says I am def neutral and very even paced, I have rubbish hamstrings and hip flexors (no surprise there ) and I need to work my glutes 

XB
16/01/2013 at 19:03

I'll give them glutes a working for you

Once I've finished with your chest.

M...eldy    pirate
16/01/2013 at 19:13

16/01/2013 at 19:20

and I always thought you had a lovely @rse, M...eldy. How did you get that lot for free  - clearly didn't sleep with anyone

Happy burpdee Biggun - 21 and Mrs Farfar is still alive and sanity generally intact

M...eldy has two desserts, Daffy has two laptops - *wonders what she has two of*

Sluggy, your friend certainly sounds as though she struggles getting out and about - hope your experience  is able to help her with the officious officials.

Lovely to see you back, westie and to know you're ok - well, apart from the dodgy ankle after 8 miles.

Spence, thank goodness the man was quick thining enough to shut the door and even better the gunman was so thick to hang around.

Noggs, seeing that you got the tax bill and are celebrating are the Gypsy creams on you ?

oh poor planning, Snaily, a run it will have to be for you young lady *she says smugly*

Well, I shoulda listened to you lot. Received letter from sis today. Not easy to paraphrase it but it read like the words of a bitter, angry, mentally ill person. Absolutely nothing other than hostility. Apparently by sharing the money I had in fact stolen it. She wont send no 1 anything again because she can't be sure I wont take it.  I also apparently dragged up her past and slapped her round the face with it and she wants me to leave her alone, forgiveness doesn't mean people are welcome back in her life blah, blah, blah. I can't tell my olds what she has said as they will be upset, I can't tell the boys as they have little idea what is going on, so, my WAISter pals, thank you for being my listening ear.

I wont respond to her - tempting as it is to just reply 'you're mad!'

16/01/2013 at 19:26
Yums my love,you need to stick her in a room with my sister!

It's horrible, it hurts but concentrate on your boys and your olds x
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
16/01/2013 at 19:33

((((Yumms))))

as Spence says, it's horrible and it hurts. She may well be mentally ill but you can't make that your problem.  Just take care of yourself and yours. You have done all you can do and have nothing to blame yourself for (((((xxxx)))))

16/01/2013 at 20:44

Yums what those two said    Some you win, some you lose, and I dont think you are gonna win this one.  Take a deep breath and shred the letter.  You cant change the way she "views" things so you just look after yourself, the boys and the oldies.  hopefully one day she will come round.

Yums wrote (see)

and I always thought you had a lovely @rse, M...eldy. How did you get that lot for free  - clearly didn't sleep with anyone

More like threatened someone

And I've been running  30 mins of r3/w3, it was a bit cold but I enjoyed it.  Thats Janathon day 16 sorted (though I have 3x30mins to catch up on!)

Rubbish football on telly now, MrS went to the loo and missed the goal !!

16/01/2013 at 21:27

my left calf muscle is still tight on my runs.  not painful but stiff.  Any idea what it could be?

i warm up and cool down.

I wore my chute too, very snug 

16/01/2013 at 21:58

Think its time for tea and bed.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.