working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

214,341 to 214,360 of 229,858 messages
M...eldy    pirate
16/01/2013 at 22:33

Snaily you need a foam roller or a tennis ball, give it a good massage and find the tight spot

M...eldy    pirate
17/01/2013 at 06:19

aaaand welcome to snottsville

breathing and sleeping at the same time might be an issue today !!

17/01/2013 at 07:13

Morning

May I be so bold as to suggest that you make breathing your priority if you are forced to choose ?

Nog
17/01/2013 at 07:19

Morning each,

(((((Melds (from a safe distance)))))))

I feel fairly normal today and I had a proper dinner last nightt.  I'v written this week off for the paid stuff but I am getting some admin done.

Snails, I have one of those foam rollers and they are a good investment.  It finds all sorts of knots in my thighs. 

Herb tea?  I'll do the coffee in a bit.

17/01/2013 at 07:23

*warms hands*

Not sure what the problem is Snaily but  happy to help

Podds, don't feel guilty about my leg. I was going to run NYD anyway as a test - I didn't do it any harm trotting out in my bra with you and the lovely dawgs but it just reminded me it wasn't quite ready for my Olympic training schedule

Funny how I come in here for some sanity.........

Thank you for the wise words about sis. The word I forgot to use when describing her reply is sarcastic I shall consign her to the secure room that holds Spence sis and Tubbs Mother. I will hand the key to M...eldy, Podds and Noggs who are the parole board. The good news is that I can now use sis again as my 'difficult' person in meditation!

Cold here, innit - take it easy my lovelies

17/01/2013 at 07:29

Morning

Snaily, foam roller!! Got mine from Amazon...it's one of those is-this-pleasure-or-is--this-is pain type things!!

17/01/2013 at 07:36
Morning all

I have read back and can remember that JFF must be ancient and she can finally give her son a key, XB's nethers were neither, there's talk of rubbing bits and robbing bits. Spence has been snogging the noggin, female relatives are generally to be avoided, and some people bark better than dogs. All seems normal then.

To buy Tesco beef burgers or not, that's equestrian.

I shall be mainly working from home and increasing our heating bill.

Happy Thursday all
Nog
17/01/2013 at 09:00

Proud dad/granddad alert.

Just had a look on Facebook.  Jnr and the two grandsons in NZ took part in a  race (running) in Napier at the weekend.  7 year old came second in his age group  - not sure of the distance but it took him 1hour 17 mins.  

They breed Kiwis (and, indeed, Nogs, pretty tough)

He now wants his parents to take him to Rotorua for the next race in the series so he can win.

Joshy, the youngest, took part in the Nippers event and loved it.

Jnr was a decent runner - he was 5.30 miler in full kit and carrying a weapon when he was in the regiment.  He's a bit bulky now but can still shift.

Good to see the family traditions being continued.

17/01/2013 at 09:11

*rolls eyes at DL*

morning

The night has produced the return of the koff    in a "I cant breathe because I'm coughing so much" type of way.  Is it bed time yet???

oh noggs no wonder you are so proud, a family of runners can only be a good thing (though slighly expensive!!!)

*rolls up trouser for yums massage, rolls down trouser leg realising legs are a little spikey, well it is winter*

Right if I dont sort out my paperwork for tomorrow I'm gonna be here all night.

17/01/2013 at 10:26
Someone died on the train line just outside york this morning not good start to the day hour and a half late getting in on the train, they handed out forms so customer services could contact us instead of us all complaining - but have given themselves a job because i never woukd have complained!
17/01/2013 at 10:31

Morning All

*tapes Parole Board Member badge on proudly*  - fear not I shall treat all occupants of the secure room as I do the "nortiest of norty norty boyz an girlz" here  - they will not get to interfere with all the lovely normal people

Good going for the family Noggs down under

DL - you'll wish you hadn't done that shortly................ 

Oh dear Daffs - not the greatest start to the day......... 

17/01/2013 at 10:33

Blame DL  ..........................

Reading the label on these Tesco burgers.... it turns out they're fairly low in fat, but surprisingly high in Shergar

New range of burger elsewhere too - my Lidl Pony

Had a burger last night from Tesco's - gave me the trots .. Boom Boom

Bought some value hamburgers from Tesco last night, put them in the fridge, and they're off....

Despite the recent news, Tesco's say that their beef burger sales remain stable.

17/01/2013 at 11:23
Please don't let my mother out Podds!

((((Yums))))

Not surprised you're proud Noggs :0) Brilliant :0)

Belated birthday wishes to Bigun :0)

(((( sluggie's friend ))))

Got to the docs yesterday. Hadn't got my appointment down so had to go back after surgery ended. Doc wanted to refer me for surgery as its a fissure ( serous sly bliddy ouch, no wonder I've been in agony! ) No idea of when I would even get to see a surgeon and I'm terrified of being treated here anyway so I'm back on the liquid diet, salt baths and co codomol. And lots of figs. And Manuka honey.

Just over a mile walked yesterday, getting quicker and less out of breath going up the glen which isn't overly steep but uphill nonetheless.

Smoothie this morning: one apple, one apricot, half a banana, half a big slice of pineapple, four prunes, two figs, some cranberries, raspberries and beet root, goats milk and honey. I feel slightly sick! Same again for lunch. Broccoli soup for tea :0)

((((( waisters )))))
17/01/2013 at 11:24

Ups and downs here, I see. 

Nogs, good to hear that you and HL are feeling better. And bravo to the Noggles Down Under, who are most certainly upholding the honour of the regiment!  All that AND good news from the taxman---this is going to be a good year for you, for sure! 

And XB, good that you have left the manflu behind there. If you can enjoy 4 miles again, you're deffo moving in the right direction 

Not so good that Melds is facing tough choices (like: air or food) but reckon Yums is right, and if that's really your option, it's breathing every time  Bit of a shame, tho, as you don't really want to be off the road for long just now if you can help it. Beterschaap, as they say in the flatlands!

Westie, good to see you around! And don't worry, we all have those CBA times. Just glad to know you're still going strong (8 miles  and not snowed in. 

Sluggie, really hope your friend's appeal is dealt with quickly and sensibly. Her case is an example of where bureaucracy is not only stupid, but insensitive and unkind. Glad to know she has you to support her. Keep us posted, please. 

Spence, that's a scary story. I know in principle you're supposed to keep the door on the chain when you open it at night, but who does? Glad it worked out OK for your friends. 

Snaily, your audit will be fine. You've already brought a lot of needed focus and energy to your department, they're lucky to have you! And good for doing so well with the new regimen. Don't know if it's just me, but weirdly I want to eat much less when I  exercise regularly, so maybe getting back to running will help too. 

Podds and DL, having read your jokes I don't think I am speechless  (although in this country they have sections in the meat dept labelled 'pork', 'beef' 'horse' and don't think anything of it. Being a veggie, happily, I am out of it all!)

Spence, what kind of roller did you get? I keep thinking about it but haven't got one yet. 

Yums, sadly, consigning your sis to the Locked Room is the best you can do. (My SIL is in there too, along with Tubs' mum and Spence's sis, but there's plenty of room left  Eventually you will stop feeling angry and hurt and just be sad for her: she is hurting herself more than anyone else, and probably won't realise it until it's too late to put right. It's quietly tragic. 

Well, we left the flatlands at 6.15 and 9 inches of snow (our small street was horrible, luckily Mr C only had to drive a couple of hundred years) but  then main roads OK even though traffic was slower than normal. Arrived about 7 last night to find..... 6 inches of snow! The last 8 km on one-lane, ungritted, twisty, climbing country road was not cute, but luckily Mr C was driving. It's very pretty, but the whole place is glassy today so we aren't going out in the car at all. As usual, I brought/left enough food for several days (soup, bread etc): Mr C has been telling me for year's I'm an idiot, but guesss who's happy it's here now!! 

17/01/2013 at 11:25

Oh yeah, and it was our 31st wedding anniversary!!

Nog
17/01/2013 at 12:25

Podds, enough.

Chuggs, ta for the update, I was wondering how you were going.

Gentle Chugger wrote (see)

Well, we left the flatlands at 6.15 and 9 inches of snow (our small street was horrible, luckily Mr C only had to drive a couple of hundred years)

Congrats to you both on 31 years together.  Can Mr C have a break now?

I did 30 mins on the turbo this morning.  Well inside zone 2, it went fine.

17/01/2013 at 13:54

Afternoon,

LOL Noggy, I noticed that too. Poor Mr C must be very tired! Nevertheless, I am glad that the Chuggies safely made the transition from snowy NL to snowy France.

(((Meldy)))  must be a particularly nasty virus to risk invading you!

(((Yummity)))you have done what you can. It is a pity that your sis is acting like this and I know it is hurful for you, the olda and the minis. However, as Chuggy said, sis is actually harming herself more than anything. Resentment  grows and festers when it is fed.

MS's lunch date cancelled today so I stood in for her. Stopped to get Alfie a toy on the way home as he has broken the plastic stick attached to Mr Fevva. The shop had a poor selection and the stuff was a bit overpriced, but I have got something that seems to have His Lordship's approval. Out with Thursday man in half an hour or so.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

17/01/2013 at 14:00

Hmmmmm...and what exactly do you understand by 'a break', Lord Nogs?? Is this the sort of thing HL would approve? 

(Actually when we got here last night we were so tired we clinked glasses of red wine----which isn't our fave anyway, but the white was in the garage that was snowed-in---and instantly fell asleep for ten hours. Ah, romance... those were the day! 

Oh Tubs, yet more trouble! But if you don't feel confident of the local medics, I don't blame you at all for wanting to do everything you can to help yourself get well without an op. That smoothie sounds very, um, inclusive. Could you perhaps leave out the beetroot and goats milk? The other ingredients together might be quite nice. And broccoli soup is always yum. If you need calories, calcium and protein, you can throw in any kind of cheese and let it melt. 

Had a bit of a sloggy mince (or maybe it was a mincey slog) around the village. Almost nobody is going out; one girl's boss was going to pick her up to take her to work this morning but he got stuck en route! But Fabian, our closest neighbour, has winter tyres to get to his work in the local town (15 km away) and is going to bring us some bread. Just going to make some biscuits for Mr C, after all I need to keep him happy for the next 31 years! 

Nog
17/01/2013 at 15:11

Chuggs, what I meant was you need to give the poor man a break from driving

Gentle Chugger wrote (see)

Well, we left the flatlands at 6.15 and 9 inches of snow (our small street was horrible, luckily Mr C only had to drive a couple of hundred years)

17/01/2013 at 15:39

LOL I noticed that too and had a little chortle to myself!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.