working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

214,361 to 214,380 of 234,262 messages
M...eldy    pirate
17/01/2013 at 16:53

Even I noticed that and I am close to death  

I survived the day/night and appear to be still breathing

One more night shift to go

I do have tight hammies and calfs so something must have worked at yesterdays session

17/01/2013 at 17:10

Still breathing AND having slept is excellent, Melds! Maybe you'll live to lord it over the rest of us after all 

Ooops, that was a Freudian slip if there ever was one! I am terrified of driving in snow and ice (had to do it when Mr C had that skin graft 2 winters ago, but I'm still scared of it) so if he drives 100 years more I'll be quite happy!!! 

Very cold and snowy here. I'm sat with a hot water bottle in my lap and a fleece blanket on top of that.... but it prolly won't last more than another day, so we are  going out for short, careful walks to enjoy how lovely it is. And people are really nice: one neighbour is bringing us some bread from town, and another one just brought a bag of food in case we didn't have any. It's really nice to feel that we are part of the village---a very tiny part, but a real part. 

What about you all? I see there is a red alert for snow in Wales---hope the Dragon Lady isn't out on the hills visiting patients! And is everyone else OK? 

M...eldy    pirate
17/01/2013 at 17:13

It is snowing about 5 flakes a minute here Chuggs so I assume gridlock is imminent ...  

17/01/2013 at 17:32
You're not wrong Meldy!
Birmingham council are already shutting schools!!

Well done to the Nog juniors stirling efforts

Ahh Daffs that's not a nice way to start the day

Glad you're arrived safe and sound Chuggs
I've realised I don't know why you move countries!!? Is it Mr Chugs work?

I ran this after 4 miles as per the wall

All dressed up with my SS pressie which is much like your Chute Snaily
I was fine apart from my hands! Two pairs of gloves and hands still throbbing when I got in
XB
17/01/2013 at 18:19

You need mittens. Much more effective.

Top stuf from down under. Right to be proud, Noggles.

17/01/2013 at 18:40
I have mittens too, that's the third layer which will be on next run!

I've just 'bumped into' my first ever boyfriend on FB !
Completely by accident, he'd commented on a post by The Ronaldos ( Shrewsbury group ledby ex lead of T'Pau)
I have no wish to be in touch 33 years on but did have a little look on his page!
He hasn't worn well hah!
However he's still married to the over weight girl he dumped me for !!! and he's a grand-dad!!!!!!
M...eldy    pirate
17/01/2013 at 18:48

Is it just me getting old or are we getting just a little carried away with shutting schools and advising people to batten down the hatches?

You went out with Carol Decker? 

17/01/2013 at 18:59

3 flakes here, everyone was getting excited, but nothing else has happened!!!

Its bloody freezing though. 

I'm still at work, Janathon is looking doubtful tonight, paperwork is kind of sorted ready for tomorrow, I'm very nervious as my boss and bosses boss are not around to support me.  If all goes well I'm looking for pay increase

Right packing up and heading home, brain is frazzled

LOL Spence, one of my ex boyfriends on FB is gay

17/01/2013 at 19:14
Lol! No but Ron whatshisface did!
M...eldy    pirate
17/01/2013 at 19:19

I am warm(ish) comfortable and I have a lap full of GPO .... guess what

I need a wee 

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
17/01/2013 at 19:52

(hands Meldy a tenaladay)

not that I need them myself you understand.

Wales is on a red weather warning for snow overnight. The managers have been emailing the "adverse weather policy" out and checking that contingency plans are in place. There is apparently panic buying everywhere. I really hope the snow doesn't happen, the entertainment will go on for days 

I am optomistically packed ready for the gym at 6 in the morning 

forgot the pointy brackets are not allowed 

Edited: 17/01/2013 at 19:53
M...eldy    pirate
17/01/2013 at 19:58

Its ok .. he moved!

Just braved the sub zero conditions to have a shower as well while I was on my feet, I manage to get at least one room nice and cosy these days so I shall turn the clock back 40 years or so and get dressed in the front room 

17/01/2013 at 19:58

What a stupid country.  total panic because of the mention of a couple inches of snow.  

I lived through the last ice age and it didn't hold me back.

I've been browsing for a new mountain bike but keep pondering whether a 'cross bike would be for use.

M...eldy    pirate
17/01/2013 at 20:17

Noggs a Cross Bike is the mutts nuts IMO 

17/01/2013 at 20:42

Lol at Mr C driving for a few hundred years - is that to get away from all those medieval lawyers going on in Latin?

JFF - you must be dead old! Pippette has a birthday on Monday ... I can remember when Daffs was that age on here!

I've had a peep out of the curtains to report on the weather - no snow, a bit wet ... apparently there's snow everywhere apart from here in our subtropical micro climate. Pippette learned to drive in snow today by going to Bakewell (or was it Buxton? - Peak District sort of area anyway!)

17/01/2013 at 21:09
Ooh I'm lovin' the place George is showing us this evening

Onto book two of the Hinger Games

Can someone tell DD to stop barking please. She isn't getting any more food this evening else she'll have me up for a poo in the night!
17/01/2013 at 21:25

Don't know if the panic is overdone in general, Nogs, but it sounds like Wales may really get a shedload of snow. So it's good you're packed for the morning, Sue, but  you also have official permission not to go to the gym if it's not safe!

And if you're bored with nothing to do, you could always follow the example of your fellow WAISters and drool over bicycles! 

Oooh, brave Pipette! AND she came back safe  Hope she's doing something nice for her birthday. 

Melds, as long as there's one properly warm room, you're OK. We're  lucky, : 27,000 households down here have had no power since last night (and it's been bliddy cold!) but by closing curtains and big heavy shutters we got the sitting room quite cozy tonight with a big fire. More snow due tomorrow morning so we're prolly snowbound another day, but it's meant to rain tomorrow night, which ought to thaw things. 

17/01/2013 at 22:17
M...eldy wrote (see)

Is it just me getting old or are we getting just a little carried away with shutting schools and advising people to batten down the hatches?

If you are, I am too..........

We've had snow on and off all week here but never more than than the few inches lying on Monday morning at the most and every day we are inundated with parents calling to know if the school's open and what happens if there's soooooo much snow during the day that their precious ones can't get home........

Guess what? there is no way we want their precious ones so they'd be sent home well in advance if that ever threatened!!!

I'm always slightly embarrassed at the fuss made over so little and the country's complete inability to function............in Monza we'd be looking at a good couple of feet of snow before things ground to a halt in the cities and for driving you just got the snow chains on!

And on that bah humbug note I'm off to bed as I've dozed through most of Silent Witness annoyingly

Sweet dreams all and should we actually get a decent dump of snow tomorrow take care when out and about - as my dad always said when teaching me to drive "It doesn't matter how good a driver you are if you're not aware of the idiots on the roads........."

17/01/2013 at 22:20
Meldy our living room is the only warm room, if you make a cuppa you don't muck about!

Failed janathon today. Didn't get home till 7.30 and I'm knackered

Wales looks bad on the news
M...eldy    pirate
17/01/2013 at 22:38

Wales are used to it  

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.