working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

214,401 to 214,420 of 235,751 messages
18/01/2013 at 13:04

nicely put, Noggs   Lance has just made himself look like a plum for keep denying it when it was clear he was lying.

LOL at Mr C. I like his style. I can understand why he wants to get up close and personal with the elements but I wouldn't do it cos I'm a wimp.

Sluggy, Alfie can't be that upset or he'd go out and play, surely? Me thinks he has taken a leaf out of XB's book and  is cosying up warm

No snow here yet but by 'eck, it's cold - I have left a few morsels of food on the supermarket shelves - well, just the stuff I don't like/can't afford, so get a wriggle on. I am about to get on my bike  prob better than risking getting my car stuck somewhere...... *she says trying to convince herself*

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
18/01/2013 at 13:11

hello 

I made it into work, a bit tricky, but not too bad. I was busy orgainising and generally 'being the boss' when I had a message from daughter to say she had gone into labour!! So home again, at least to her house, which was really tricky to get to. They don't clear side roads around here. A neighbour had the kiddies, so then I had to pack them up, call in the shop to get kiddie friendly food and home again.

No news from the hozzie as yet!

18/01/2013 at 13:33

oh sue how exciting, much more interesting than the snow reports.  Keep us posted.

BTW no snow here, there is just by Exeter, but it seems the sea it keeping it away from us.  Its bloody freezing though with drizzle that gives you headache cuz its so cold!!! 

Mr C is quite simply barking mad

Wonder if XB venutred out, and if so if his bits survived!!!

Noggs, you talk some sense, there is so much money in sport, I wouldnt be surprised if there were more cheats, but around the cheats there is a team of people making sure they look innocent!

Audit done  Passed with flying colours.  Now have to make sure we're in a better place for the next audit.  of course all my other work has suffered so everyone is chasing me for stuff, but hay-ho I will bask in the glory for today.

Dont think I'll be running tonight, so looks like a DVD night with Mr Motivator!

18/01/2013 at 14:07

WOOOOHOOO, SNAILY! Well done that girl, the bosses must be delighted with that audit )))) For sure bask in glory today and tell the rest of them where to shove it!  And yes, a good evening for a DVD: not much snow at all in Exeter, according to C3, but cold, and certainly a lot of the roads throughout the country are a mess.

Sue, you are wonderful! Getting to work in the snow, then back to daughter's---I guess this babe must be coming a bit early? Or did I miss you saying something? Anyway, let us know as soon as you have word from the hospital of what the next lucky grandchild is! xxxxx

Yums, you be careful on the bike. If you have clear pavements you're fine, but one of the few times I really dislike cycling is when there's ice. Do take care!

Sluggie, I am totally with you. Tins and packets are more than survivable, and a lot better than getting stuck in the snow. 

Oh Daffs, that's not such an easy judgment call re your dad, is it? Guess you'll have to wait and see how things look tomorrow. In a way it's even tougher because he hasn't been that great to you; sounds like he's making an effort now. xxxx

Nogs, I was really interested in what you said about the doping. I expect you're right, and there's a whole bureaucracy with vested interests at work here. And I am certain this is not the only sport affected. But still, it's a real shame for the people who believed in Armstrong and were inspired by him. Sigh. 

I've just been doing lunges, squats and jumping in place in an effort to warm up my feet! Guess I'll venture out for another little walk after a while, but the footing is so horrible that it's like walking all the time on a balance board. 

Take care, wherever you are! 

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
18/01/2013 at 14:14

Just had a message. it's not labour, it's an infection and some sort of gall bladder problem! They are keeping her in overnight though.

Back to the waiting then 

18/01/2013 at 14:20

Happy day Snails and Woo Hoo for Sue and daughter, of course.

Well, i achieved a first today.  I drove to Tesco and my car, with it's winter tyres, behaved much better than all the 4WD numpties who come out to play when it snows.

so I managed to outsmug the 4WD's.

It is dodgy out there at the mo, eejits driving at 10 mph and blocking roads everywhere.  I'm in with a cup of tea and the telly on (pretty sad, I know)

Regarding Armstrong, if you get the chance listen to, or read articles by, Paul Kimmage, an ex rider, now a writer.  He's had conflict with Armstrong and the cycling hierarchy for years.  A very interesting man who has been proved right.  Quite a few of us have chipped in to his legal fees as he's been sued by one of the governing bodies.

18/01/2013 at 14:21

Xpost

I'll put my Woo Hoo on hold Sue.

18/01/2013 at 14:38
I wanted to quote you Nogs but having trouble with doing on iPod.

I am beyond rage over the whole Lance business, the cheating is bad enough. Make it a level playing field!!? Bollocks what about the people clean? Forced out of the sport!? The ruining of people's lives because they dared to speak out!? Calling Emma O'Reilly an "alcoholic whore" the slagging off of Besty and Frankie Andeau!!?
David Walsh's book is one to read he has been saying it for 13 years!

I hope they all sue.

Steps off soap box.

School closed at 1 pm. Myself and mate left head with 10 children at 1:30 all other staff had already gone!
18/01/2013 at 14:40
The bullying that's the worse of it for me. Bullying and intimidation but its ok now because he said sorry!?

Bollocks!
18/01/2013 at 15:18

woo hoo, Snaily -    well done - a DVD and a bottle of vino in order me thinks

oh sue, how exciting and then a little deflating. Hope the overnight is just them being uber cautious and daught is fixed soonest - meanwhile, Nanny gets to eat alphabeti spaghetti and make snowmen

Calm down, spence. Lets hope LA soothes his guilt by dojung something worthwhile and not trying to justify his behaviour

I'm home, honeys. No snow but I want to it to hold off until I dicth the kids this evening!

18/01/2013 at 15:33

I just incurred HL's wrath by using my leaf blower to shift the snow.

When I started we had 6 inches of snow on the drive, when I'd done, ours was clear and the neighbours had 12 inches of snow.

It seemed a good idea at the time.

18/01/2013 at 15:35
Hahaha Nogs!!
18/01/2013 at 15:35

erm the DVD was supposed to be an exercise DVD!  But liking yums idea of DVD and wine

Tomorrow I'm being mesured for a fire, so might manage a run at some point.  A day off decorating, can you believe it!!!

18/01/2013 at 15:36

LOL Noggs thats a classic

18/01/2013 at 15:39
My Paul McK book has arrived!
18/01/2013 at 16:33

Well get reading then Snaily!

Naughty Noggs Tis very powdery snow out there!

Didn't realise you were expecting another Dragon! Exciting times. hope daughter is alright xx

I've been out (round the corner) and ws planning to go to the other side of town on the bus, but been advised not to bother, so I shall make myself cosy inside instead

18/01/2013 at 16:42
Sorry Dragon missed your news wot with me rant and all!!
How exciting !
18/01/2013 at 17:34

Daffs, you can come over tomorrow - we had a lot of snow coming down all morning, but only little flakes. There's about an inch and the main roads are clear, but the pavements are getting icy. Apparently it was on local radio that only one school was open on Wirral ... that'd be us then! What a bunch of wimps!!! One teacher who lives in N. Wales left a lunch time to go home as she was getting worried messages from her family about how bad it was there and she didn't want to be caught in gridlocked roads like a few years ago. We sent a text to parents saying they could collect children after lunch and over the course of the afternoon, most went early. It was nice - we had colouring and jigsaws and laptops

(((Sue and Baby Dragon))) My niece is due to give birth today, but has decided the baby can wait until the snow's gone. she's got pics on FB of them all out having snowball fights in the back garden.

Pippette has told me I can go for my run tomorrow as she got me Yak-Tracks last Christmas ...

18/01/2013 at 17:46

Evening All

Woohoo for Snaily and on hold woohoos for the dragon-to-be

Re Lance: unfortunately Spence as Noggs will tell you, back in the day when Lance was doping so was everyone else so in a way it was levelling the playing field - although that is not an excuse for doing it of course (before you get cross with me). There's a great graphic showing the top 10 finishers in each Tour with the ones who'd doped crossed out and most years you'd have to get down to about 7th or 8th to find a clean (to the best of our current knowledge) rider......

Regarding his denials he was always very specific when asked if he had doped and replied he'd never failed a drugs test.........he never came out and said "I don't dope...... obfuscation at it's most obvious

I don't condone what he has done for one minute - nobody likes a cheat at anything - but I always find myself asking if they had all been clean instead of all doped, would the finishing order have been the same.  The fact is unless you have tremendous talent however  much you dope you won't win.......  Of course we'll never know.....

Yums - cycle carefully it's ice and blowing a hooly out there even if the promised Armageddon has yet to arrive..... Chrissie Wellington thought she'd be ok on her bike in similar conditions and ended up in plaster as a result

Yep Noggs - snow tyres (and really severe conditions if no chance of meeting tarmac, snow chains) are the way to go

I had the afternoon off - yay....... - met up with pal for a 5-hound walk (Ruby refused to go!) and then back to hers for a late lunch of baked camembert and fresh bread followed by toffee pavlova and chocolate liquers......   Seems a good way to me to start the weekend

Glad to hear you've got around ok Sue as you were the only WAISTer in the "red zone" and good to hear Alfie is making the best of a bad job by keeping Sluggie company

Now where is this bleedin' snow we're supposed to be buried under ??? Maybe we used up all our allocation earlier on in the week

Laters 

M...eldy    pirate
18/01/2013 at 17:56

I agree with Noggs and Podds ... it happens

I am still in my pyjamas, I am not going far today, I have done my ironing and a weeks training plan and now me and the GPO are sharing a hot water bottle

I am glad to see the parole board have certifed Mr C, saves me the job.

Good luck to the impending dragon !!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.