working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

214,461 to 214,480 of 229,693 messages
19/01/2013 at 15:04

Afternoon,

Well done to everyone who has run in the snow. Gold stars all round!

Great snow-clearing Noggy  (((Noggy's GD))) if only her parents realised the harm they are doing!

~~~(((Dragon family)))~~~ I hope that things go smoothly.

I must admit that I had always hoped that LD was clean, despite appearances to the contrary. His half-hearted apology won't have won him any friends - but I don't suppose he cares much about that.

Yummy, I'm glad you decided not to cycle. Here's hoping that you are able to get out and have fun tomorrow.

Alfie goes out for a few minutes at a time, but soon comes back. He does love to get out, I'm seriously wondering whether it would be fair to move him into an upstairs flat

MS took me down to Sainsbury's for a few bits of shopping. The roads seem OK and it is gradually thawing further. I am taking SM out for a cuppa as I know she will be disappointed that SB was not able to get here. Never mind, we still have it to look forward to (hopefully next weekend). Then it will be an evening of snuggling up and watching carp TV. This is one of the few ocassions that I would love a hot bath - but, even if I managed to get in, it is a 3 man job to get me out again. Maybe I should consider it after all

19/01/2013 at 15:38
Sounds like a plan Slugs

I saw a friend in the park this morning
I called out my normal greeting ....

Mrs Brooker-you're-such-a-looker!

Except it wasn't !!
XB
19/01/2013 at 16:08

LOL

Be careful what you wish for, Sluggles. Mrs XB once volunteered to be lifted out of a building by a fireman on a fire drill. She was most disappointed to get one that looked more like me than like Clive Owen.

I've just been sledging. I took a tumble on my 2nd run and now I have a buttock that requires rubbing. On a positive note, the girls found a good slope that I can use for hill repeats.

Nicely run Spencey and Daffy. I went out to do a couple of miles then decided that it wouldn't do so took a right and carried on round the big block and logged 7 lovely miles.

19/01/2013 at 17:01

evening

running in the snow certainly earns double brownie training points or two slices of cake if you're Daffy.

Two miles wouldn't do so you did 7, XB? Show off I think it only fair that M...eldy sorts out your buttock as you did offer to rub her chest and glutes

Awww, sluggy, you'll just have to move to a ground floor flap - a cat flap in a top floor flat is a very bad idea! Hope SM is doing well and not too long to wait to see SB and SBGF

Noggs, is it the drugs that make GD parents such a pair of wazzacks? Or would they be selfish idiots without them anyway ?

Podds, a dire emergency if you're out ok coke - I hope you didn't take the wrong turn and end up in the choklit aisle by accident

LOL Spence - poor woman, prolly thought you were lebanese

Chuggy, I'm sure God will be grateful if you stay at home as he's got enough to do trying to keep people safe this weather and it's his day off- mind you, he shouldn't have sent the snow.

I have tried to pass my time well but ended up walking the dog twice, visiting butcher, baker, veg box, cleaning, stripping beds and meditating and now with the sun past the yard arm, drinking wine - hoorah

C'mon Sue, I'm in suspenders waiting for news of dragon jnr and baby dragon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~dragon baby and danielle~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M...eldy    pirate
19/01/2013 at 17:36

Evening all

I am watching Winterwatch 1963 ... I bet they didnt close the schools then!!   Did they XB?  Noggs ???  Spence ?   

I have done 1hr20 on my mountain bike in the snow, 40 mins run in the snow and an hour in the gym core & weights to warm up and then I cycled home again and got frozzid!!

Great Expectations as Dragon lady ?!!

Spence you tell that Dotty Dog she's a wuss !

19/01/2013 at 17:56
Wouldn't be the first time Yums!!

Cheeky begger Meldy!
I was a babe in arms winter of 63
Got stranded at Grandmas without clean clothes or do the story goes!!

I'm watching it now had forgotten
19/01/2013 at 18:19
You kinda forget just how black & white the telly was!!
M...eldy    pirate
19/01/2013 at 18:26

My mum says she remembers it ....

A few people these days should watch this  

19/01/2013 at 19:41

My mum remembered the buses being off and them having to walk home from my "aunties" on a Sunday evening. I think this was the time that they saw the first mini skirt and my dad saying "look at what she's wearing!!!" and my mum telling him to never mind but help her push the pram (with me in it!)

M...eldy    pirate
19/01/2013 at 20:00

My mother used to spin a yarn about walking up the road after the school bus dropped her in the village .. it was a long old lane up to nans house and I cycled it one day in later years and I cant say I fancy walking up it every day !!

19/01/2013 at 22:08
I've been Havening.

I'm not convinced.
19/01/2013 at 22:32

Just popped in to see if there was any news on the newest little Dragon, but not yet, I see. 

(((((((((((((((((Sue, Danielle and family))))))))))))))

Well, it's raining, right on schedule, so no doubt it will be snowing before I wake up! Hope you are all dry and warm and cozy. Sleep tight, all xxx

20/01/2013 at 05:32
Wide awake at 5 am on a Sunday morning...pah!

Still bread maker has just started so the smell of fresh bread will soon be wafting up

Happy Sunday

Any news Dragon!!?

~~~~~~~~~~~~Dragon Daught~~~~~~~~~~
20/01/2013 at 07:10
Morning
I am awake too. Went to see splash being filmed last night, have to say its better seeing it filmed than on tv. We had good fun and lots of shouting. Girls sitting behind us were Tom Daley mad and didn't we know it !!

Still lots of snow on the ground but no more since Friday. I haven't run, eaten rubbish and feel enormous. Could have gymmed but haven't.
On hol next week but have put in for bank work. Friday is eldests birthday so off that day.

Hope sues daughter ok.
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
20/01/2013 at 07:23

Morning

Little Jasmine arrived fit and well yesterday evening. She weighed in at 6lb 6oz. Both are fine at the moment. They are keeping them both in for a few days as a precaution.

Baby looks so like her father !

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/10379/gallery/jasmine.jpg?width=350

Thanks for all the good wishes and vibes.  I was a little worried there for a while after reading all the info, but as long as Jasmine's blood sugars check out they'll be released home soon.

20/01/2013 at 07:26
Gorgeous! Congratulations and pleased all went well xx
Nog
20/01/2013 at 07:55

Congratulations Sue, daughter/mum and Jasmine.  What a fantastic start to the day.

She does look like a really healthy young lady.

Coffee is on

20/01/2013 at 08:26

Morning

woop, woop, Grandma Sue  So pleased that Jasmine and Danielle are doing so well. Unfortunately all babies look like Winston Chruchill to me  but a very bonny Winston Churchill at that

My Pa tells me stories that people passed out in the street cos it was so cold in 1963 - wouldn't know, wasn't even a twinkle then

Mmmm, lovely warm baps, Spence

Light snowfall of dandruff ongoing here. Settling slightly as no traffic. I shall pack myself up prepared for the worst and head off out. Is only 5 miles and predominantly main roads. Am a little fed up. How is it that people who are less busy than me are unable to meet up or let me know they aren't available when I have asked whether they can meet this weekend. Pah!

20/01/2013 at 09:16

Hmmm, snow is settling and the forecast is....Dull and cold with occasional light snow flurries initially. Snow turning heavier and more persistent from the south through the course of the day with significant accumulations expected, especially across eastern parts.

Chum and his gf are walking there. Sensible thing would be to bail as I don't need to go and not letting anyone down but it's 9.15 Sunday morning, I'm washed, dressed and no where to go. Apart from a few hrs Friday, I've been stuck with my own company and no exercise

20/01/2013 at 09:17

Morning

Congratulations Grandma Dragon, Danielle & family 
Fantastic news. oooh I'd love a cwtch* I would

Snowing here

Yums, come round here you can try my baps** 

*Had to visit FB for the spelling
**Its actually a loaf but that would spoil the double entendre.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.