working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

214,541 to 214,560 of 234,147 messages
21/01/2013 at 11:02
D'affs I'm totally with you mate, can't afford to right the car off sliding into a tree!!

I have run
A very slow 4 miles, was supposed to be an interval sess but no chance!
Staying upright was my may concern!

I actually love running in the snow
As long as my hands are warm, only needed two pairs of gloves today
I can not begin to describe the pain when they get to cold it has reduced me to tears in the past!

And now back to my book!!
21/01/2013 at 12:34

Thats my thoughts spence, cant afford to repair the car so best not use it in bad conditions!

Cheesy and there are some of us (inc me!) who have a love / hate relationship with running.  Love it when I'm out there, hate the thought of getting from the warm sofa to the cold streets!

Off to my second meeting, with more people at manager level.  This should be entertaining!!! 

21/01/2013 at 12:52
Lovin' the name Snaily
21/01/2013 at 13:07

Err - don't crash it then girls!!  I know none of you are boy racers and we all know women drivers are better than the chaps 

21/01/2013 at 14:46
I just had a text from kids school to say its open tomorrow for years 10 & 11 only!!!
WTF!!?

The suns out!!?
21/01/2013 at 14:55

Loving some of these pictures - especially the old fogies and the poodle

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-21123341

XB
21/01/2013 at 14:58
PO.dds: feel the fear, do it anyway wrote (see)

Err - don't crash it then girls!!  I know none of you are boy racers and we all know women drivers are better than the chaps 

It's easy enough to avoid crashing your own car but not always easy to avoid some dipstick crashing into you. As the number of incidents increases in the bad weather then keeping off the roads is the best way to minimise the risk of being involved in an accident.

21/01/2013 at 15:42
My thoughts exactly

XB, have you had the e mail from Scott?
About the 128 mile race!!!?
21/01/2013 at 16:05
XB wrote (see)

It's easy enough to avoid crashing your own car but not always easy to avoid some dipstick crashing into you. As the number of incidents increases in the bad weather then keeping off the roads is the best way to minimise the risk of being involved in an accident.

I'm probably more likely to be the dipstick Once slid quite a long way down a hill in mild snow while driving old boss's car (with her in it) - large mercedes people carrier thing with a wheelchair lift. Didn't hit anything thankfully, but i was NOT impressed and it's not an experience I wish to repeat!

Is it home time yet?!

M...eldy    pirate
21/01/2013 at 18:49

Loving the poodle !!!   He looks like he knows how to enjoy himself

I unburied my car this morning as I have had no need for it since Friday morning, I know that I am fairly confident driving in this but I also know that I wont push my luck, I need the car for work and in general I drive at quiet times when there are less idiots on the road .. factor in a few more people then my chances of a safe drive are diminished.  If I dont need to be anywhere for a particular time then I usually dont take the car - I leave that for work

I did however go up to see the fat boy this morning (which obviously was a neccessity), he is not *that* impressed any more as he cant see the grass (or whats left of it) and was a bit bored with supplementary hay ....

Swim for an hour, run for 30 mins (the heady heights of R3/W1) and then an hour looking for my core in teh gym

Noggs, Chiltern 100 entries are open ... I am bowing out of this one as it is a few weeks after Lanza but will be there for a few words of encouragement where needed!!!

21/01/2013 at 18:54
Ahh Dobbin bet he was pleased to see you!

Snaily, I'm on book 3

and no I'm not talking about THAT book!!
21/01/2013 at 19:43

Evening,

MS really enoyed the Hunger Games books. I haven't been able to borrow them cos they are on his kindle. It looks as if I need to get hold of a copy or myself.

I have been out with my friend for drink and chat. MS walked in with his Little Old Dear. It's a good job neither of us were up to anything naughty .

It was -4C when I went to aquagym ths morning, but the temperature rose to a tropical 1C around lunch-time. It was very icy earlier but it has thawed at bit more during the day.

Alfie is flat out having chased his (new) Mr Fevva until he was panting. I think his fat little tummy might be to blame!

I'm kanackered too (and I haven't been chasing Mr Fevva!), it is another quie night in front of the TV fo me.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

21/01/2013 at 22:08

oops

XB wrote (see)

Spence wrote (see)

My thoughts exactly  

Guess I'm irresponsible then in going to work - that's me well and truly told off for today - I shall remove myself to the naughty step and go and watch Lewis on +1

21/01/2013 at 22:08
Quiet in here!?
21/01/2013 at 22:21
Don't be silly!
If you don't need to be on the road keep off to aid the people who do need to be on the road!!

I'm off to bed with book 3

I have a 9am appointment with a boob squasher!!

Niiiiiiiiice!!
21/01/2013 at 22:23
Ssshhhh I'm reading!
21/01/2013 at 22:26
Lol!

How far have you got!?
The second one is even better!!!
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
22/01/2013 at 06:06

morning

I'm only on the second book of the Hunger Games. I have it on audio book, it's quite absorbing.

Sluggs, if you get a kindle app on your puter in MS's name, you can both read the same books. I have a kindle app on my ipad and my puter and my phone, so I have a library wherever I go. WHMBT has a kindle but it's registered in my name so we can both read the books we buy. Not that we often have the same taste in books, but it's handy nevertheless.

As for the car driving, I really don't like driving in icy conditions, although at one time I would do so and like Daffs found myself going down a steep hill sideways some years ago. I live quite near a main trunk road that feeds onto another that takes me straight to the motorway, so usually they are clear enough for me to drive on by the time I have to go to work.

It's been raining here, so I'm hoping the icy pavements have been cleared. The predicted snow never happened 

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
22/01/2013 at 06:08

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/10379/gallery/ba4qgtmceaa2wry.jpg?width=350

you teechas take care when texting parents on snow days 

Edited: 22/01/2013 at 06:11
XB
22/01/2013 at 06:52

Podds, I didn't call you "irresponsible" or tell you off.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.