working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

214,561 to 214,580 of 234,261 messages
22/01/2013 at 07:16
Morning all

Very good text there Dragon, almost as good as twin 2's polenta comment.

Woooo hoooooo Dragon family for the new little fire starter.

And welcome Cheesy - a man in shorts is always of interest in these parts.

I spent 6 hours yesterday trying to get to Suffolk. I spent 2 hours on an unheated train and only got as far as Peterborough. Had missed all sorts of connections and everything was delayed and that project I was supposed to be visiting was closed, so I turned round and went home.

Hunger games are a good read, and the film's not bad either.

Can't remember much else - sorry

Happy brass monkeyed Tuesday
22/01/2013 at 07:33

Morning

Oh DL, what a waste of time!

LOL Dragon! How's baby Dragon

I'm going to spend all day thinking it's Monday

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
22/01/2013 at 07:47

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/10379/gallery/424235_10200125809963682_1068939445_n.jpg?width=350

M...eldy    pirate
22/01/2013 at 08:05

I could do with one of those Sue !!

Roads were fine today, once you get out of the estates that are like ice rinks the main roads are clear and as they were dry yesterday there is no ice today

22/01/2013 at 08:09
Morning each.
Sue, I need a suit like that for winter riding.

HL and I are off to Milton springsteen to buy her some new trainers and to .'look at' some new ski kit and bikes.

Flippin harry and Willy here.
22/01/2013 at 08:11

morning - jyust checking in.

What a sweet, snuggly baby - very tasty looking

My driving advice is dont drive unless you have to and as Podds said, just use other means of getting there. Less unecessary journeys make sit easier for the essential ones.

Bike today. My road onto main roads ok but will take alternate longer route to stay oof the ice

22/01/2013 at 08:45
Oh Sue, that's one gorgeous baby Dragon :0)

I think the only benefit if not being legal to drive at the momen means I don't have to drive in the snow :0) We actually got a bit last night, mr Tubs and I had a lovely walk with Blueberry Muffin and ours were the only foot and paw prints up the Glen :0)

Megs response is along the lines of " Wot no food ??!! ". I have supplied large nets of haylage which she is attempting to eat in one go! Our pet chuck has brought along several pheasants for breakfast this morning. They're all eating cornflakes :0)

Lol at Alfie with his fevva :0) Oskar still likes to play fetch with his scrunchies :0) and Thunderpaws all over the house! He's 8 months old tomorrow, still growing and making so much noise with his Thunderpaws game i thought it was Blue hairing up and down the stairs!

Stay safe in the snow

(((( waisters ))))
Edited: 22/01/2013 at 08:47
22/01/2013 at 09:46

morning

Gridlock in Torquay, we have hailstones which have frozen to the pavements and roads and the area is very hilly so its quite dangerous out.  Sky is very dark so it looks like the end of the world!!!

I finished book 1 last night, loved it.  So I've ordered book 2&3 off Amazon this morning

Sue she looks gawwwwwwwwwwwwjus and obviously well kitted out for the winter weather!

oh yes Thunderpaws, no fun at 3am!   

MrS is very poorly again, shivery and hot.  He started a different job yesterday and I'm so annoyed at the agency for not giving him the full details of the job.  Its delivering and collecting assistant equipment.  Sounds a nice little job.  went to 4 homes, at 2 of them the people had only died the night before so the family were all really upset, and the others he had to move dirty underwear and grime to fit the equipment.  He collected 2 portaloos that still had excrement in them and he was not provided with any gloves etc.  MrS has never worked in an environment like this and the job was sold to him as delivery/collecter.  The other concern is he's fitting patient lifting equipment with no training, if something happens to one of the users he'll be for it.  I've told him not to go back.  Luckily I know the agency and told them the next person they offer the job too they need to have a realistic idea of the job.   The annoying thing is he's given up a job he liked to go to this one beacuse there was a chance of permanent work  

So I'm in a right grumpy mood

M...eldy    pirate
22/01/2013 at 10:05

That doesn't sound good Snaily

I would expect the Agency to take it up with the company as well if they are providing the appropriate training or safety equipment

Its still foggy and its still cold

XB
22/01/2013 at 10:19

Blimey, Snaily, there sounds so many things wrong with that situation I wouldn't know where to start. Keeping away unfortunately seems to be the best option.

22/01/2013 at 13:03

no no no NOOOOOOOOO I have a sore throat and headache, drugs I need drugs

22/01/2013 at 13:16

Oooooh what a gawjuss baby

That sounds dreadful Snaily!

Aren't you in the best place for drugs!!!
Had me boobs squished ouch!!

Had an e mail re kids school closure and managed to delete it before reading it, is it in the deleted folder!? Is it bollocks!! Aaaaarrrggghhhhh !

edited for various typos!

Edited: 22/01/2013 at 14:55
22/01/2013 at 15:27

morning

keep trying to catch up and not time to post!

that ikkle baby is absolutely gawjuss!!! I want one!

oops - scrap that

I have a touch of the lurgies tickly throat headcold - just hope the men of the house don't catch it - could be serious case of manflu

still streaking

M...eldy    pirate
22/01/2013 at 15:33

Well done Farty pants

Nearly home time ... and it might be time for a snooze too 

22/01/2013 at 15:40

Agree with M...eldy, appropriate training and equipment must be provided, Sounds like the company is trying to get jobs done on the cheap, but that will just end up at someone elses expense. Get out while the goings good!

Never underestimate how serious Man Flu really is! its not until youve had it, or know a mate down the pub who has, that you really begin to realise how bad it can get black geath and Bubonic plague are old hat by comparason. Even Rats keep away from Man Flu! how many Rats do you know who have contracted it? Hmmm on second thoughts, dont answer that one

Podds: no not scared away, I get the feeling if I tried get away, i'd just be hunted down

Rest day today, did intervals last night so going to be lazy and catch up on some recordings.

22/01/2013 at 15:55
CheesyRider wrote (see)

Podds: no not scared away, I get the feeling if I tried get away, i'd just be hunted down

You've got a pretty good idea of what goes on already then

~~~~~~~~healing vibes for the snaily household~~~~~~~~~~~~

22/01/2013 at 16:10

MK has been 'done'

HL has bought her first road bike - respect is due.  The nice man in Evans Cycles couldn't have been more helpful.  She got a Pinnacle, nicely specced at a good price with some freebies.

My work here is nearly done.

She also got some trainers and we both bought some rather snazzy Oakley ski goggles.

Time for a lie down, my wallet hurts.

22/01/2013 at 17:03

Afternoon,

Noggy, it sounds as if you are a 'good' influence on HL

Cheesy, I think you will fit in here nicely .

Awwww, what a cute ickle buba. I'm sure I could manage a whole one .

(((Poorly peeps)))

Snaily, it does sound as if Mr Snail  is best out of that job - and that is not something I say often! As Cheesy says, the company are obviously trying to get the job done on the cheap.

We had a lot of rain earlier, it washed away most of the ice. Then it snowed - great wet lumps of it. I think it could go either way overnight.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

edited typo's - drat this keyboard! 

Edited: 22/01/2013 at 17:06
22/01/2013 at 18:36
*waves to Far Far*

cooooeeeeerr have you entered Chester yet!? Remember the 3 squids saving !!

Daught made a rather nice root veg gratin for tea

More snow expected here
M...eldy    pirate
22/01/2013 at 18:51

Go get 'em Spence !!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.