working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

214,581 to 214,600 of 235,444 messages
22/01/2013 at 20:17

oh god Spence is on her recruitment drive again!

Flippin eck Noggs, think your wallet needs a few rest days. 

I'm feeling pretty crappy, drugs have been taken, soup has been eaten, I'm off to bed

M...eldy    pirate
22/01/2013 at 20:20

I shall beearly to bed tonight too .. just watching the end of the Bake Off and I shall be off !!

Snowing in MK at the moment, not looked out the window here but I thought we might escape it
WIll see how it is in the morning

Nice shopping Noggs!!

22/01/2013 at 20:20
Nighty night Snaily, hope you feel better tomorrow x
22/01/2013 at 21:26

Just racing through. 13 people coming for lunch tomorrow which is right on the edge of what I can manage without total meltdown so busy day here!

(((((((((((((((Snailies))))))))))))

Hope you both feel better. And wot everyone else said re the job AND the fact that the employer would be liable if Mr S got sick or injured as a result of not being properly instructed. He's best out of it. 

Sue, Jasmine is soooo beautiful---you could eat that girl up with a spoon! You must all be over the moon. I trust mum is also thriving now? 

Deep respect to the courageous and skilful drivers of the Poddler persuasion, but like Daffs, I'm too scared to drive in snow if I can possibly avoid it!

Melds, sounds like you're going from strength to strength again ))) When is Lanza?

Bravo for HL! You'll have to look to your laurels now, you know, Nogs 

Welcome Cheesy. You sound like our kinda guy 

(((((((((((((((((Spence)))))))))))))

The squishing isn't very nice, but the clean bill of health afterwards is worth it. 

DL, I thought that with all your times sitting on delayed/cancelled/deviated trains you had attained the pinnacle of time-wasting, but I see I was wrong and you continue to set the bar ever higher... Hope you managed to salvage a pleasant hour at some point!

Unfortunately my swift read-through has left me with a mental picture of Nogs in a giant pink onesey with rabbit ears.....not quite the image I want to have in my mind as I fall asleep!  I'll be more sociable tomorrow after this lunch thing is behind me. Sweet dreams all xxxx

22/01/2013 at 21:27

hi

M...eldy    pirate
23/01/2013 at 07:15

Morning all

13 for lunch Chuggs??   Surely thats unlucky ... what you need is a few more to make up the numbers  

I appear to be at my desk already, a light dusting of the white stuff overnight but the roads are clear for the most part which is good

23/01/2013 at 07:15

Morning

Hi Phil!

Snowing here

M...eldy    pirate
23/01/2013 at 07:22

You can keep it Spence

23/01/2013 at 07:56

Don't blinkin want it!!

"Sends it up north*

23/01/2013 at 08:20
Morning all

Well it would appear that I am in Coventry awaiting a connection and it's snowing here. Had to dig my car out of a drift to get to the station as I haven't used it for a while. What larks.

Hope the lurgy is soon cleared, the hordes well fed and Far Far surrenders to the Chester Pester swiftly.

Happy Wednesday
23/01/2013 at 08:30

Nah, 13 has always been a lucky number in my family, Melds! My brother played football in a no. 13 jersey, and the rest of us have always found it exceptionally propitious.

Mick! Good to see you----I have been thinking of you and wondering how you were. Is the recovery going on as it should? I think you said it might take up to six months, are you starting to feel like yourself again? Please come back and tell us how you are!

Oh DL. Staring at snow is a limited-interest activity. Tends to make one cold too. Hope the bliddy trains comes soon and goes straight to wherever you need to go....

About to go get bread for the lunch. Did most of the cooking yesterday. Menu: salad with pomegranate and walnuts in and balsamic dressing.Big beef casserole with red wine, lentil dish for me and anyone interested, carrots roasted with balsamic, mashed potatoes, broccoli. Nice little ice cream thingies for pud (we needed the glasses and I didn't have to do anything to make it!). After that normal service will resume!

WAISt well all. 

XB
23/01/2013 at 08:40

Morning

I'm free for lunch if you need to make up the numbers.

4.5 miles at MP done. A combination of mincing on the icy pavements and running on the roads. I really didn't want to go out but am glad I did cos running is fun. I might even go out again later.

I had a day from DL hell yesterday. I suffered at the hands of Northern Rail. Total commute time was 4:20 for 36 miles. I should have gone on my bike.

23/01/2013 at 09:29

Evil forces have been to work overnight and given me needles in my throat and wool in my head

Oh DL been norty, being sent to Coventry

We had 30seconds of snow this morning, its now raining!

Chuggy lunch sounds lush, I'm sure everyone will love it.  Just wish we were a bit closer

So it seems I'm back at work so better earn some pay!

M...eldy    pirate
23/01/2013 at 09:35

Chuggs ...  I think I need a Red Cross parcel

Nice mincing XB  

23/01/2013 at 13:41

Afternoon,

Drat! I missed lunch . Do you have any leftovers Chuggy?

(((Snaily))), sorry that you are feeling so carp.

Well minced XB. Yesteday sounds truely horrible.

LOL @ Spence aka 'the Chester Pester' .

Our weather dried up overnight and looks as if things are pretty much back to nornal now - except that the gardens that back onto ours are still covered in snow, while those on this side are clear. I have spent the morning writing my friend's appeal submission so am ready to chill - except that I have to spend 2 hours modding a benefits advice forum this arvo. Oh well, at least I am still useful, even when lying flat on my back on the bed!

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

23/01/2013 at 15:40
It's green here :0)

Your lunch sounded lovely Chuggy :0)

I've progressed to steamed fish and veg - broccoli, spinach etc and am feeling so much better :0) Still on Nurofen but no longer by the packet :0)
Does anyone know how to transform dried lentils in a packet to edible ones in soup or do I just lob them in?

(((( lurgified waisters ))))

Admires HLs sparkling new bike and shades :0)

Contemplating demolishing the stables. Instead of just replacing old demolished stone barn with garage, we're wondering whether to replace stables and garage with bigger garage and internal boxes for the neddies. Resulting area would be perfect dimensions for conversion into old fart accommodation for ourselves in the future :0)

(((( waisters ))))
23/01/2013 at 17:13
just chuck the lentils in from the start with everything else tubs! red ones take about 15 - 20 mins, green or brown will take about 45. done when they've gone soft! (or you like the texture, i prefer mine to still be recognisable shape but not everyone does). glad you're back on proper food.

think you should do a lunch tour chuggs!

tiredy tired, but only one more day left at work!
23/01/2013 at 17:44

Hi Di Oh!

Ended up working all day snow was quite bad and it was looking like the teacher was going home, so I stayed. The snow then stopped !! so we had a fun time

I was supposed to be running this afters, so I went when I got home  4 miles, mine was a bit of a mince too !!

Chuggs, lunch sounds grand, any left!!?

Grrrr indeed XB what a mare!!

Chester Pester, I like it 

you coming DL?

Are you?

Are you!?

Come on 'My mate J' thinks you're such fun!!

23/01/2013 at 18:00

(crawls into lounge and subsides on floor) Well, it's done. And a great success it was, I must admit. One older gent said how touched he was, 'no one who's led the group in the past has ever invited us to their home. It's very special'. Awww.... and now:

XB, what a nightmare. You could have CRAWLED that 36 miles faster!  Glad a nice toddle this morning improved the world, though. 

((((((((((((((((((((Snaily)))))))))))))))))))))

Do not be a heroine! Go to bed, drink Lemsip and tea and all that , take painkillers and give yourself a chance to rest up and feel better. xxxx

Tubs, great that you're feeling better! And re lentils: wot Daffs said.  The orange lentils are specially good for soup---add carrots and onions and curry powder , lots of recipes here.  Green or brown ones also work for soup but hold their texture better so are very tasty in a casserole with onions, carrots, mushrooms, tomatoes (tinned, dried, paste, whatever), herbs and anything else you fancy (red wine is nice. You can put either a pastry lid on or a mashed potato topping for good shepherd's pie. Lentils is brill!! But re the new garage, are you and Mr Tubs planning to live forever on IoM? For some reason I thought you were intending to move back to the mainland well before the old fart stage...? 

Sluggie, how good of you to help with that appeal. Sounds like she really needs and deserves the help. And I never realised you were moderating a forum on benefits! These days with all the changes and cuts, that kind of thing is worth its weight in gold to other people. Well done you!!!!!

Must go rummage in the leftovers to find dinner....there's not that much left, but I'm sure I'll find something 

M...eldy    pirate
23/01/2013 at 18:28

I have run  
In the last of the daylight along the canal path

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.