working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

214,601 to 214,620 of 233,045 messages
23/01/2013 at 22:11
Blimey! Where is everyone!!?

I have clean sheets wonderful
23/01/2013 at 23:48
Thanks so much for the lentil recipes etc :0) I wasn't sure if I needed to soak them first :0)

It's a difficult one Chuggy, the one thing that's keeping us here or rather two, are Jnr and mini Tubs. Looking ahead a few years or so if we convert garage/ stable into a bungalow Jnr can have the house and we could sell his flat to fund a small villa in Florida. The island makes me stir crazy sometimes but if we can get away for a few months at a time especially in the Winter it would be a lovely way to spend our retirement - and Jnr's inheritance!

(((( waisters ))))
24/01/2013 at 07:18

Morning!

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
24/01/2013 at 07:26

morning

24/01/2013 at 07:36
Morning

When clean sheets are something to be shouted about it's perhaps time to rethink your laundry schedule !?!

Lentiltastic

Spent rather more time on trains and waiting for them than intended yesterday. Stranded at Derby watching a delay stretch from 5 minutes to over half an hour. I think I have defrosted. But lucky me, today I get to try 4 trains in an attempt to have a meeting in Peterborough. Oh the glamour of it all.

Happy Thursday one and all
24/01/2013 at 07:47

Good luck, DL. Hope you're wearing your thermal underwear! 

Tubs, that sounds like a great lifestyle----winters in Florida, summers on IoM near Jnr and Min! 

Bit of a upset here. Had a call about an hour ago from C1 who is in hospital in Melbourne with unexplained air in her diaphragm. They think it may be a silent ulcer that has perforated. (Apparently this is not unknown when people take over the counter painkillers like aspirin and ibuprofen, which she has been doing with all her running.) She is having a CAT scan about now, so they can see what's happened. 

If there has been a perforation, as they suspect, then if it is still open, or appears to be inadequately healed, they will do surgery to close it up. If it has healed by itself, or if they see no signs of perforation. they will keep her in hospital for the next few days for observation.

She's in good spirits, and her bf is with her, bless him, and she's in good hands, but strengthening vibes would be welcome! 

24/01/2013 at 07:52
Morning each,

DL, I wouldn't have your travel schedule for a pension. You could have your own BBC 2 show instead of Michael portillo.

I'm pondering the purchase of a new mountain bike.

I love this frost nd snow. I can't work and I'm quite taking to it.
24/01/2013 at 07:59

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~C1~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

24/01/2013 at 08:56
(((((( C1 ))))))) (((((( and Chuggy )))))))

You'd love the railway network here DL. It's a small steam one. It goes from Douglas to Port Erin. And back :0) The tracks from Douglas to Peel and Peel to Ramsey were taken up years ago, now grassed and mostly accessible for walking/ riding/ cycling. So here on the IoM you can only go dahn sarf on the train, then straight back to Douglas :0)

(((( waisters )))))
24/01/2013 at 09:18

I hope they run proper steam engines, Tubs? Sounds like something from one of those wonderful 1940's films 

Nogs, not working does have its attractions! Enjoy it, you've earned every snowflake 

Good news from C1. CAT scan showed stomach perforated on Monday but has started to heal so no surgery for the moment. But she has to stay in hozzie for 4 days to be monitored, and have intravenous antiB's, and let her stomach rest. Asked if she felt bad and she said 'No, I'm on morphine, I feel great!'  I've asked the friends we stayed with last summer to go see her if they can, just to get another parental perspective, but it sounds like she's going to get out comparatively lightly. After 6 weeks they will do further tests to try to find the cause of the problem, it may be a bacterium. 

Two relieved parents here!!!! And now coffee is a very serious necessity....

24/01/2013 at 09:33

Poor C1! And you too chuggy, you must be worrying all those miles away ((((((((((chuggies)))))))))) Don't blame you for the coffee. Sounds like she's doing alright, and good if you can get someone else to pop in and see her too

Good look DL! I'm not leaving the house today

24/01/2013 at 12:07

Afternoon,

((((C1 and Chuggy)))) It must be so hard when you can't just pop in and reassure yourself that she really is OK. It is quite a salutary lesson for runners, perhaps better to pop the occasional paracetamol rather than aspirin/NSAID. Some people can get away with taking the things for years, others suffer from side effects much more quickly.

Tubbs your plans for retirement sound idyllic!

Noggy, if I was you I would make the most of thisdowntime - you have certanly earned it.

Alfie is in the 'doghouse' here having peed on MS's clothes for the past 2 evenings . I really don't have any idea why he has started doing this, am going to try a 'Feliway' thingy to see if that helps. Maybe it is a blessing in disguise as it means we have to put our clotes away overnight, rather than leaving them til morning!

Have just had an estate agent round to look at the house and give us a valuation, although we are going to leave it another month or two before we atually put it up for sale - that will give us time to finish getting things done as we have lost impetus recently. Thursday man this arvo but first I am catching up with last nigt's 'Comic relief British bake off' - it is heavy on the baking and light on Comic Relief and I am rather enjoying it (although I do now have a craving for scones and eclairs!).

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

24/01/2013 at 12:55

Afternoon

Sluggy, where you moving to?

What a relief Chuggy, hope C1 has some R&R in hospital with no other side effects.

I am still bunged up, with headache and sneezing.  Having trouble sleeping but had to come into work for some urgent work today.  Luckily I'm on holiday tomorrow getting my hair fixed so can have a lazy morning.

*sniff"

24/01/2013 at 13:13

that's good news for you Chuggy and must take a lot of the worry out of being so far away.

still not much going on up here, still snow but roads are not bad at all but the paths are murder.

managed a couple of short walks but no real plodding done for two weeks.

24/01/2013 at 13:21

That's good to hear Chuggs

I'm going to send NTLPS to live with DL, daught caught him this morning about to carp in Mr Spence's shoe!!

24/01/2013 at 14:19

Another fabbo lazy day.  Sorted misunderstanding over Oakley goggles order, picked up office supplies from Tesco direct, Booked hotel in Germany for Austria trip - A basic Ibis in Aachen for 32 euros b and b. each.  Opened a savings account to budget for next years tax bill.

Hang on, that doesn't sound too lazy for a morning does it.

Two positives to report.  I've not had a drink since Italy and won't take a drink until Austria - hence I'm shifting some of the weight that snuck back on.  I bought one of those M and S meal deals today and opted for the carton of juice instead of the wine.

second, I've turbo'd every day since the Noro left me and will try to ride every day until Austria - a sort of late Janathon.

That sounds far too righteous for me.

24/01/2013 at 15:42

That does indeed sound extremely righteous Noggs!! What's happened?? Could do with a dose of whatever you've taken myself

With all this talk of poo and wee, I do find myself wondering why people have pets sometimes!!

Is it time to stop work yet?

24/01/2013 at 18:04

Hope you're home now Daffs

Well done Noggin

24/01/2013 at 18:20

I've actually been HOME all day Spence Finally stopped work though - and as I don't work Fridays any more it's now the weekend

24/01/2013 at 18:24
Ooh cheeky!

Can someone tell DD to stop barking at the logs!!?
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.